Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,451 to 7,500 of 25,177 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea awakens and does her morning prayers before has a quick breakfast of porridge with sugar sprinkled over it. She and Fiosa drop Emily off with Mathalen before they both head for the grotto.

Stepping inside, Andrea looks around and eventually see John. Morning John. Andrea says as she and Fiosa joins hiim . The others up and about?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Waking as a beam of sunlight enters through the window at hits her right across her eyes, Lucrezia groans and attempts to sit up in bed. After a second of confusion when she realizes she can't sit up, she manages to lift Orn's arm off of her and then sits up on the side of bed, reaching for her clothes. Nudging him with her elbow, she announces her intentions of heading down to breakfast.

A quick wash-up and change of clothing later, Lucrezia is walking down the stairs and into the common room where she sees John, Faelyn, Andrea and Fiosa. Walking over to them she waves and sits by them. "Good morning folks. What's on our agenda for this morning? Besides some breakfast of course."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well we'll be off to 'work' evetually, we probably want to ttalk about what we will want to do once we get there. Andrea hands Fiosa a scroll of Silence. This will be useful when we encouner those spellcasters I leanred about. It is probably best used on a lesser-willed bodyguard or the area where they are standign instead of directly on them since they will probably have stronger wills.


F Elf Wizard, Air Elemental, Lv 2, Init. 9,, P 5, AC 13, 13T, 10FF, HP 6/6, F1,R 3 , W3, CMB 1, CMD14

Sunny, you snuggle into an attractive female elf, age 95 just shy of adulthood from your estimation. She is lean with short golden, hair which looks as if it has been teased by the wind. Her blue eyes sparkle green with the proper light. Her facial features are long with high cheekbones, and full pouty lips. She is not the normal fair skinned elf, but rather her skin is radiantly tan as if kissed by the sun. She has a distinguishing tattoo that begins on her right foot and wraps around her ankle, toned calf, continuing around her firm thigh and ends on her right pelvic bone. The tattoo has various shades of grey, black with hints of sea foam and crimson; this resembles a cyclone or tornado. At times, it appears as if the tattoo moves with the morning light. She slides out of bed "must be going luv.'

Exotic enough for you? I had this character in Shackles game that died on the board. I play a version of her in one of my table games.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Yay! Jasmine!


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

*Giggles* Aye an' that do seem a treat too good fer th' plain old Sunny. (^_^)

Sunny yawns and stretches, watching the other lass as the 'freshens up' with a simple sprink of magic.

"Oooo...I wish I'd learned t'do that..." Suny admires Jasmine sleepily. Then giggling as her friend liberally administers the same said spell upon her.

The pair make an interesting sight as Sunny skips down into the common room, giving Jasmine a fierce hug and wave good bye before the tanned skip Elf almost literally bounces over to the table with Lucrezia, John, Faelyn, Andrea and Fiosa around it.

"Mornin'! (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Good morning Lady Sunshine. Andrea smirks as Sunny joins them .Didn't tire yourself out too much for today I hope.


NPC

Andrea, John, and Duncan can make a straight Int check or Know: local, you are trying to remember a face that you've seen. DC12

An unusual sight occurs in the brothel, a squad of Hellknights enters the establishment. It feels like the joy has been sucked out of the air.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12

Andrea gets pensive as she sees the Hellknights stomp in.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny spins to a stop at the table and grins,

"Tire m'self how?" She asks seeming innocently in response to Andrea's question. As the troop of armored knight enter Sunny turns to look at them.

"Here, they be dressed fer a party." She comments absently.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hope it isn't 'Stomp the helpless commoner' type of party.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Uh Oh...looks like my little fun last night might be about to bite me in the ass.

Faelyn slumps a little in his chair and lifts his book to cover his face. He is still studying his new spell book at a remote table. Whispering to his familiar: Be ready.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I'll takes eggs please" John will say to the waitress.

When Andrea comes in John will say "Hello, and no it seems that none of the others are here yet."

Knowledge local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perhaps some aquaintinences of yours? ANdrea asks of John, indicatign the Hellknights.


Evil GM

Andrea you recognize the squad leader from your first escapade through the sewers, a man loyal to Aritil Sevarn, the corrupt master of the armory for the RACK. He stops and glares at the table.

recognition: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

He leans over and whispers to another member of group, who in turn stares at companions having breakfast. With a stomp they continue on down the hallway to Alphonse's office.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Seeing the fellows looking their way Sunny grins and waves happily to them. (^_^)


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I don't recognize them, but it looks like they might recognize us."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn lets out a sigh of relief as the Hellknights ignore him. He casts message on his companions then whispers, I wonder what is up.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Via the message: "I wonder what the hell they're doing here and what they want to see Alphonse about? I rather doubt that they are here to be customers."


NPC

The knights remain in the common room while the lieutenant enters the office. The Sergeant steps up to the table, he has two other members flanking him, he looks at John and Andrea. "Have you been crawling through sewers lately?" He sneers at you and before you respond, "It's good to know where you spend your time." The remaining two guards are at the end of the hallway.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

[b]I think they are getting a little interested in us.[b] Andrea whispers.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"What? You can't even talk to someone without a couple buddies standing behind ya? Do they stand there like that when you're f!&~ing the whores too? They charge extra for spectators ya know."

Apparently Lucrezia like poking bears.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn has an astonished look on his face after Lucrezia throws down on the Hellknight. Damn! I think she may have bigger balls than me!


NPC

He glares over at Lucrezia, "We have deep dungeons where pretties like can disappear into...never to be seen again." He motions his thumb over to the John, "Ask your buddy here, he knows." His upper lip curls up, "A Sergeant of the Rack can hold you for questioning at my whim, choose your mouthy words carefully whore."


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan wakes in the private room upstairs and drags himself of the chair.
He looks at the 3 working girls asleep in the bed.
How surprised the poor things were to discover he wasn't after what they usually got paid for.
He washes his face at the basin and dresses and heads downstairs, whispering a promise to his patron and the slaves.
Ye deserve better. Yer boss ain't long fer this world. Promise


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny steps up besides the Sargent.

"HI!" (^_^)

She exclaims almost in his ear.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea keeps a neutral expression on her face. Why no sir, we try to keep out of the sewers. Very unhealthy to be there and we have no business there at all.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24

The Grotto does have excellent food. Breakfast is very good so we just stop by here in the morning before work.


NPC

Before the sergeant responds the sound of heavy boots echoes. The lieutenant returns and group falls in step with him, he doesn't bother a glance at your table. You'll get your surprise soon enough. Payback can be tortuous fun.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny grins and waves goodbye to the armored folks. (^_^)

"Well...they were interesting at least." She declares, before skipping over and seeing about getting some breakfast.

Hehe!I got's to yell at a Hell Knight! (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea waits until the Hellknights have left. We are going to need another place to meer. she says tot he others.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia frowns after the HellKnights as they leave. "I'll be right back folks."

Lucrezia get up and heads down the hallway leading to her boss's office and knocks on the door.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Assuming she gets an answer, Lucrezia will walk in. "There was just a squad of HellKnights here and none of 'em was customers. Is there something that your security staff need to be knowing about? I need to know how I should be treating those fellas if they come back."

bluff if needed 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Agreed. Now where is everyone else so we can get going?"


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan makes it downstairs and sees his companions assembled.
What's goin on? We eatin'


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hellknights trooped by to see Alphonse for some reason, rather popular person he is. They also gave us the stink-eye and said remarked about 'sewer expeditions' so they might be familiar with us from a while ago.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Speaking of food, Sunny begins to bring the breakfast orders over to the table. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Oh just a little, thank you. I had some breakfast earlier.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Right, let's grab some food then and head to the shop. Need to get my regular gear anyway...
Duncan quickly grabs a roll and stuffs an egg and some bacon inside and quaffs some water.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea will leave when the others are ready.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Baldwin, Orsin's been at his apartment this whole time, not with Shu Lien. :)

Orsin walks in to The Mermaid's Grotto, waiting for the line of Hellknights to exit before entering himself. Hellknights...? And here? He eyes them with suspicion when their backs are finally to him. The bard slinks in, his naturally ruggedly handsome face looking a bit sunken and wan. He appears tired and a little hungry, but his sparkling white smile and crisp doublet do much to improve his appearance.

He orders bread and sausage at the bar and joins Duncan and the others for breakfast.

"I figured we would be meeting here today instead of-- well, you know where," he says, catching himself just before mention of the safehouse.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Just something to remember,I will just mentain it again since Orsin was absent. I had a divination done and learned that there will be spellcasters present when we go on our mission, so it will be important to deal with them. I have a prayer of silence memorized and have given Fiosa a scroll of the same spell. Orsin, I believe you still have the wand of silence.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I do," Orsin gasps between bites of bread and sausage, "but I'd wager it can only be used another four or five times before its magic is completely spent." The bard inhales his food like a madman, looking over his shoulder every so often after downing a tankard of watered-down morning ale.

"Are we planning on splitting up now that there are seven of us?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Ease up, or you'll choke. Andrea sounds like she is momming you. It is best we use it and run out of times it can be used than to never use it when we really need it.

As for splitting up, I am not sure, we should be sure to make sure we can still support each other.

Did you hear that the Mayor wants to do another Six-Fold trials? People are wondering if you will 'rise to the challenge.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"No."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

John is even better than Duncan in letting us know exactly what he feels in the fewest words possible. Andrea teases.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

I got a ton o bloody words, but they ain't rightly spoken in present company and I'd have to use infernal t'proberly convey where those bastards can stick their play...
The dwarf trails off and continues to stuff eggs/bacon and water into his mouth. Never one to waste a meal.

Let's grab Lucrezia and be off. We can discuss the days events at my place.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I should be back with ya'll as soon as I get an answer. :)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Of course we need to also decide what to do if things start getting very ugly and need to retreat. If we can scout out the place early enough, we can perhaps arrange something. if we do decide on a little delve underneth again, we really need to get something like Soothe Syrup so we don't barf all over the place again.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Having served folks their plates Sunny perches on a chair and nibbles at the bits of breakfast that take her fancy.

"Aye, well I were planin' on goin' out int'a town an' lookin' at doin' some shoppin'." Sunny looks around for Tracy, to which she'd been planning her excursion the day before. Sunny looks at those gathered about the table, smiling. (^_^)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

In Elven:

"You mean to say that you are looking 'to do' some shopping, not 'at doin'. In the trade tongue, it's best to use the infinitive when discussing actions in the subjunctive voice."

Orsin smiles broadly at Sunny, bits of food visible in his mouth and sausage grease dribbling down his chin.

7,451 to 7,500 of 25,177 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.