Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,351 to 7,400 of 26,346 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

*Giggles* Dances and cavorts with peoples in'a place. (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn rocks his chair back leaning against the wall of the tavern and looks at the one eyed man. These are the house's. If you have a problem with them, you could always speak to the owner, Alphonse. By the way, have you gentlemen tasted the house stew? Best in Westcrown!

He stays calm and collected. He is used to dealing with all sorts while gambling. He always has an escape plan should he anger a brute. Dim whitted fool.


Evil GM

Duncan when you slide into the Grotto in disguise you see two well armed guards down one of the hallways. You've, also, seen the owner go this way previously, it is probably the office.


Evil GM

Sunny make a perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea waves to Lucrezia and Sunny as she heads out of The Grotto. I will see you tomorrow early before we head out for our little trip.

Andrea will eventually head home with Fiosa and spend the night doing some number-schooling with Emily. Andrea feels she needs to cool down some before speaking, or doing anything else regarding Alphonse.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan arrives glamered and dashed in with another patron under invisibility.
Seeing the Guards Duncan notes he needs a distraction, he tests if Faelyn's spell is in effect.
Whispering for the message.
Scratch yer head if ye hear me.

Not wanting to break his invisibility spell he stands against the wall to stay out of the guards line.
(Hopefully) Seeing Faelyn acknowledge him he asks. I need the guards t'leave the bosses door. Could ye accuse a man o cheating and make a fuss or sommat?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia wanders about the Grotto, making sure that everyone is behaving and that no one is abusing any of the girls. She's still scowling about the sight of the young slaves.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Baldwin-Would the spell stay in effect while he was gone and then returned? I know it does in a dungeon if it goes out of distance.


Evil GM

One-eyed Jack picks up the dice, "Me papa always said don't trust a lettered man." he glares at you and flips a gold coin on the table. The bones roll.

Knucklebones high roll wins: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 4) = 6

I would say no, he left the ranges area. If someone has thread or site they can point too, I'll consider it.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

With the planning finished John will head back to his teachers house for the evening.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Knucklebones Dice Rolls: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7

He may get his distraction either way.

Thanks for the donation. Faelyn picks the coin up and bites it testing to make sure it is real then slides it into his pocket. With a smirk, Looks like ole lady luck is gonna smile on me afterall.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Looks like it. Your gambling buddies may be taking offense to you and then Lucrezia can take offense to them. She is in a rather bad mood right now.


Evil GM

There snarl at the loss of coin the dice pass to the next player, a half-orc, who drops two gold and three silver on the table, "Shut yer trap and toss da dice.

Knucklebones: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 1) = 6

The two tusked half-orc snarls at the cruddy roll.

The crowd is rolling into the establishment now. Its getting loud and busy, lots of gusto oozing in the air.


Evil GM

Duncan you see the door open that is guarded and short gnome exits he is wearing dark cloak, he is holding a wand which he slides up his sleeve. He if flanked by two dwarves.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Sunny make a perception check.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

*Dance, dance, cavort, cavort...* (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn picks up the dice while staring at the half orc. Never looking down, he rolls them and then takes the coins layed out on the table. Only after he has pocked the coin does a slight smile appear on the corner of his mouth.

Bones: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8

Elven:

I wonder who will get to take out the trash tonight.


Evil GM

Faelyn make a perception check.


Evil GM

The dice pass to the next sailor, his cutlass hanging from his left side. He has a bandoleer of daggers, one of which has a wicked jagged blade. A scar on his mangled face matches the blade's edge.

He tosses 5 GP on the table and spits on the floor. A serving wretch brings over a round of frothy mead for the sailors. A couple coppers are tossed at her.

Knucklebones: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 3) = 9


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Damn, spell o whisperin has expired.

Not liking how long this is taking but glad that the game is getting heated, AND glad the exit of the gnome and dwarves confirming the boss WAS apparently in Duncan removes on of the 3 daggers he keeps on his person. He stealths over to the Table where the dice game is being played and places it on the table near Faelyn and then moves away back to the wall looking down the hall, waiting for it to get loud.
Stealth1d20 + 20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 20 + 10 - 2 = 43

As soon as the dagger leaves Duncan's hand it materializes on the table near the wizard.....


Evil GM

The sailors look oddly at one another as the dagger appears near Faelyn.

You can see there is a member of the Asmodeus clergy and a squad of church knights with him, he is bee-lining it towards the hallway. There is a commotion in the hallway as the gnome, dwarves and clergy meet up.

Duncan:
You realize there are alot of bodies in that hallway, and something very strange is up with Alphonse. You can make knowledge check either local or nobility or religion.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Duncan looks at the group in the hall
Crud. Might have to abandon this....

He only had another few minutes of invisibility left and he'd need to renew the spell to make his break.


Evil GM

"YE DRAWING WEAPONS ELF!" the sound of scraping chairs are heard on the pine floors. The sailors suddenly draw saps, daggers, and cestus. One-eyed Jack's voice is calm but menacing, "Put your blade away and toss the damn dice.


Evil GM

Duncan you know its an important cleric from Asomdeus' church.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Well, THAT was what I was hoping. Lucrezia is up. Hopefully the wizard don't get hurt.

If the scuffle draws the crowd out of the hall so he could have some alone time with Alphonse, he'd have his chance. If not he'd have to leave.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22
Bones: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7

As the dice are rolled, Faelyn sees the dagger suddenly appear by his left hand. The chairs scrape the floor and a few of the sailors stand. Faelyn uses the distraction to Mage hand the die with 3 to a six to equal 10.

Jedi Style


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Recognizing the clerics rank, of not the meaning of his presence, Duncan decides too many things were going against this action.

Ye'll keep. Don't ye doubt.
The dwarf walks outside not caring what it looks like to the room, that, to their eyes the door would open and shut, seemingly by itself.

He brakes into a sprint to get to an alleyway where no one will see and dismisses both his invisibility and his disguise. He stuffs away the Kerchief and Bandanna and walks back to the bar. A minute or two after he left and hopefully in time to calm the dice game down.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29

Lucrezia will move over towards the gambling table where the yelling is coming from.

Don't worry duncan, we can always take him down after club hours. ;)


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

At the scraping of chairs and the raising of voices Sunny slows her skipping and dancing and turns to look at what's happening with Faelyn.

"Here....Whut's goin' on over there....?"

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Catching Lucrezia's eye Sunny moves to support/flank with the other woman...

EDIT: Looks at Lucrezia's roll. Yahtzee! (^_^)


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Not sure how long exactly would have elapsed before Duncan comes in as himself.
DM's call at what point Duncan walks in....


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't worry Duncan, we still have Plan B.

Andrea waves her charcoal over the board like a magic wand, erasing some numbers and arranging them into new lines as Emily sits at the table, various writing implements and lesson books beside her.

The troops in Captain Crispin's army need to paid, but the Captain doesn't have enough. So he needs to borrow money. The moneylender charges a little extra that must be repaid until the loan is paid in full, this is called interest and we need to figure out how much the Captain will owe.


Evil GM

Perception on dice change: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

"YE BEA CHE'T DICE CHE'T!" There is a convergence on the elf.

---
Meanwhile, as the ruckus begins Orn scrambles toward the table, "SUNNY...LUCREZIA ...rumble!"


Evil GM

Faelyn you see the the crew coming at you and there is gnome nearby who speaks one word, without any motion, "Slow." He has two well armed dwarves flanking him.

Make a DC18 Will Save.

Sailor's Will Saves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Sailor's Will Saves: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Sailor's Will Saves: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Sailor's Will Saves: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Three of the crew movement is slowed down, while one retains his speed.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

As she nears the table, Lucrezia yells out: "Sit your asses back down in your damn chairs! We'll not be having any damn brawls here, this is a respectable establishment, not some dockyard or backalley! You can either behave yourselves or be thrown out on your face!"

Intimidate to make em behave 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Not sure how long exactly would have elapsed before Duncan comes in as himself.

DM's call at what point Duncan walks in....

Right now, you are missing the beginning of the fight. You aren't back yet.


Evil GM

The non-slowed sailor pauses when he hears Lucrezia.

perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Noticing his mates slowed down, "he's a bone che't.' Pointing at the elf, "Don't know how'd he'd done but made a 3 flip to 6."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Well, THAT was what I was hoping. Lucrezia is up. Hopefully the wizard don't get hurt.

Classic line!" Hopefully the wizard don't get hurt." You a put dagger next to him that reappears...causing bar brawl. Then you leave him!


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

A cheat? You are the one who planted a dagger by me. I was so surprised by your set up that I didn't even notice the dice.

Faelyn interlaces his fingers and puts then behind his head as he leans back. You guys have been aggressive all night. I am just wanting to play a normal game of bones. Not smart to show up in Westcrown looking for a fight. The great god Asmodeus would disapprove. Covers his heart with his hands and closes his eyes in respect to the deity.

Readied action: Prepared to teleport if one of the sailors reaches melee range


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia continues to yell at them. "First of all, if'n you think someone's cheating, you come tell one of us that works security about it. Secondly, are you sure no one just bumped the table and caused the dice to roll? The place is really busy tonight and people have been running into each other all damn night."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Edited last comment


Evil GM

Farlyn make your WILL save.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 +2 vs enchantment
Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

I should have checked to see if I knew the priest was Asmodeus before I said the deal about him.


Evil GM
Faelyn Sindrel wrote:
Will: 1d20+5 +2 vs enchantment

It was a slow spell cast, transmutation, but you made the save.

The gnome glares at the table, "Crew get your winnings the night's leave is terminated." In a clear crisp voice. His focus is on the elf.

---
The non-slowed sailor reaches for the coin on the table. He memorizes Faelyn's face.

---
Faelyn you saw the church markings, and know that the cleric is highly ranked.

You, also, know the gnome is a wizard, who apparently is an officer or the captain.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn casts a glance up at the gnome looking to see anything he can notice about the spell caster.

To the Gnome:

Gnomish:
You might want to be careful slinging spells around on innocent people sitting at a table. They may know how to return the favor.

Draconic:
You cast an offensive spell at me again and I will kill you. Do you understand?

Faelyn's smile turns into a scowl for the first time tonight.


Evil GM

gnomish:
Consider yourself lucky, I saved your life.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Gnomish:

You're the only caster I see here. Daggers do not magically appear on their own.

Infernal:
You set this whole situation up to end the night early or to show off your power to these imbeciles.


Evil GM

Faelyn in Draconic:
You should ask your duegar friend that was standing invisible, next to you. Yes, some of us have no problem seeing those that don't want to be seen.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn attempts to not appear shocked, but probably gives himself away to the gnome.

In Common: My apologies then. He says it meaningfully and bows his head slightly in respect to the caster.

Draconic:

I truly did not know. I was only having a little fun with your crew.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia is getting even more frustrated since she can't understand a damn word that's being said. "Damn it all! Can't you blasted people at least speak in a tongue the rest of us can bloody well understand! I don't want any threatening going on that I can't understand."

Gods damn it all. I *really* want to break something or someone right the f&&@ now.

7,351 to 7,400 of 26,346 << first < prev | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.