Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


7,201 to 7,250 of 25,175 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I like to shoot at things with my bow. Though if things get too close I'll smack em with my sword or flail."


Female NPC, Female Noble

Lady Grulios stands over the map and shows you the docks.

DOCKS MAP

As I've mentioned in other posts, I often download maps from Dunjinni. Most are from Bogie and few others. I did that with this map.

"Perhaps a showing of a late arriving ship, near the end of the day can occur. We can plan something shortly before dusk. We have light on the docks for the unloading of cargo and to keep the shadowbeasts at bay." She smooths out the edges. "I can arrange the docking of ship."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea looks at the map. Where would the ship be docking?

To Faelyn. I can pray for a variety of miracles depending on the situation. Healing of course, and bolstering of allies' abilities such as protections. As for offensive abilities, I am more limited, I can blind or deafen a single opponent, summon creatures to fight for a limited amount of time as well as use some charm magic and stun with a burst of sound. It depends on what role is expected of me. I do very much suggest that I am not relied on to be a bandage in combat since if I must heal, that means I cannot use othe rmagics.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"My arias," Orsin begins, "Can be infused with magic to grant strength and valor in battle, to cut down an enemy, or to destroy an object from afar. I know a handful of spells, one to bolster courage, another to create tangible sound, and a few others. I can set frightened enemies ablaze or convince them we've been friends for ages, and the like; cantrips and other such things. John will tell you, I've got a sword arm as strong as his."

Orsin pauses for a moment.

"...less accurate though, I'm afraid."

The bard winks at the Hellknight.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

"I can hit things!" Sunny pipes up. (^_^)

Aye, indeed t'is a pretty map. (^_^)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"He also has a razor wit and keen fashion sense."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

John is our wall of steel that everyone hides behind when something big shows up. Andrea teases. A keen blade as well, anyone who can survive getting pummeled by giant skeletons can be depended on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Ye fergit ta mention most o the killin is done by ME. Following the angel o vengeance tends ta make ye good at that

In stomps a heavily armored dwarf with a (forcibly) short trimmed beard and a large assortment of weapons, which includes a Bastard Sword, Silver Axe, War hammer and bow among other things. Carried easily in his right hand is a Cold Iron Magical Axe of fine make.

Sorry I'm late. Had ta set the apprentices to work while Grumm's away. Shinon sent a messenger. Now who're these new two and what's goin on.
He tromps over.
Milady.

I know I said a week but I missed ya's


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

This is Faelyn Sindrel, an arcanist, and Sunny, a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and scout.. Andrea indicates the new members of the group.

Lady Grulios will be arranging a false shipment by boat to arrive at the docks. The rumor that we spread at the party was to draw out any possible attackers that have been plaguing the nobles houses like the Grulios. If there is an attack then we will know who acted on it or passed it along to whoever arranged the attack. We are know trying to determine the best way to lay a trap for any bandits or whoever takes the bait.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

At being introduced to the short fellow, Sunny waves happily to him. (^_^)

*Waves*


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Before I forget again, something we should keep in mind is that we have been encountering stronger opposition and unknown beings more and more often, that is why I strongly suggest we have a divination performed. Perhaps by Alistar, or when I achieve that level of ability, I can do it. Asking what the most significant creature or threat we will face will help immensely.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Yep well, I got me new Axe and this new tribute to me patron. 'Devils Judge' I name her. Took every damn gold coin I had and a good portion o most a me old Arsenal. Not to mention Grumm's gonna kick my a$$ when he finds out I went to a competitor to get it. But he weren't here and Ragathiel deserved the Tribute. I can go whenever ye want though.

Took all my gold + Alchem silver Axe, Cold Iron War hammer, my Composite Bow and a few other things but 'Devils Judge is a +1 MITHRAL (acts as silver vs DR) Bastard Sword.

Duncan puts away the Axe and Draws his beautiful ELVEN crafted Bastard Sword for all (especially John) to see.

Would be nice fer some fightin regular folk for a change. Too many devils in this town. But I'm ready fer em and unless we find somethin that don't cut or a bloody Demon THIS blade will be me weapon from now on

It is then with his announcement his regular companions note many of his usual weapons gone. His cesti and pick and javelins are there but the rest is gone.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

On close inspection of the gleaming Mithral and perfectly balanced sword, with a beautiful silver leaf filligree inlaid into the handle the onlooker notes the blade sheds ambient light GM guide says fully 30% of weapons emit light. and has the elven chars for 'Dispel the Darkness' running the length of the blade.

Didn't much need the light enchant but this was the only mithral bastard sword among all the smithies in the Noble district. Apparently it was for one o the noble officers but he dissappeared a few months back, smith told me his folk rekkin he was hanging with the wrong crowd and got kilt, sides the rest a ye need light most the time anyway. There be some great stuff around here but damn pricey.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny moves closer, possibly being attracted by the glow,

"Oooo...is pretty.." She sighs. (^_^)


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn nods at the dwarf as he enters. Well met Duncan. Thank you for allowing us (motioning to Sunny) to join you. From the information I have gathered, I think I will be able to enhance the groups effectiveness.

Faelyn pulls a coin out of his pocket and begins to weave it through the fingers of one hand while he continues to listen.


Female NPC, Female Noble

Here is part two of the map.

Lower Docks

Lady Grulios suggests laying the trap on Eastern docks (Right half of the map). She smiles with at the dwarf's arrival.


Female NPC, Female Noble

"I suspect that some banditry and possible house guards to move. There are many who do not wish to see House Missepe join with House Grulios in business. House Missepi's is beholden to another Noble family, the Mezinas. They may not be keen on this new alliance. Sure you rescued one of the Missepi heirs but that family has been targeted, along with my own, I do not doubt that there are families struggling to keep power. Families willing to do anything." She stops and sips her tea. "There are 12 main noble families in the city, each family has 2-4 families that are beholden to them. Shuffling the deck changes the balance of power."

She motions to Chelsi who opens a small chest that is sitting int he corner of the room. "There are 350 platinum pieces in the that chest, you can take those with you for your services. Figured they would be easier to carry than gold and easier to exchange then gems."


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny doesn't move towards the coins, awaiting others to work out what their best share is.


Female NPC, Female Noble

FYI: it is currently Starday and the planned mission on the docks is on Moonday.

Days of the Week:

Moonday
Toilday
Wealday
Oathday
Fireday
Starday
Sunday

Lady Grulios, "Unless you have any other questions or comments, I will let you start your planning. Shinon will lead a squad to prevent escape as suggested by Andrea."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Thank you very much for your generousity. Andrea takes the small box of coins for later divvying.

Andrea is quite impressed by Duncan's sword. I wouldn't be surprised if we get attacked by some kind of infernal creature, good to have a blade like that. We can probably meet at our usual place for figuring things out.

Andrea will take her leave with the others.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny happily waves to those in the room, skipping off with Andrea1. (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Sunny and Faelyn might want to agree to join us after Areal gets The Crux open. We'll see how they do during the mission on the docks Andrna thinks to herself as she passes out everyone's share of Platinum.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny's grin brightens and she offers Andrea1 a big hug in return.

"Thank'e fer th' shiny." (^_^)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, shall we go back to the Grotto for some planning or does anyone have another destination in mind?"


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sunny shakes her head, blond locks spinning.

"Nup, sounds good t'me." She chirps back at Lucrezia's question.

"Though, with a day or such t'muck about, I be sure there be somat we can be gettin' up to." (^_^)


Evil GM

Are you heading back to the grotto, the safehouse, to your apartments, gear shopping? You can use the next day or so, to get to know each other better and/or get yourself equipped, or whatever.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Well...pretty much all of the above sounds like a good thing to do. We've a batch of new shiny t'add to whutever we've left lying about. People t'get t'know better and such. Sounds good. So? More Role-playing amongst the gang, then? (^_^)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Did we take a map with us?


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Um....(>_>) Though we do have time to gain a copy of the :ady's map to peruse in private back at the Grotto. Assuming there is/are such rooms within the establishment? Much cheers to all.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Oh yeah, the Grotto has private rooms. Though most do have beds. There are a couple with tables more suited to private gambling get togethers.


HP 27/ 30; Perc +3; Init +4; AC 20(21)Defensive:23

Sweet! (^_^)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Off to work for a few hours

Andrea suggests heading tot he Grotto, she holds off inviting Faelyn and Sunny to the safehouse until they have their 'trial by fire' so to speak

I should hold off any purchases for a while. I need to save up to enchant Fiosa's chain shirt and try to get an amulet to raise my awareness.

Saving for a non-standard slot of Psycltary of Wisdom.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

The Grotto it is then. Faelyn stands and thanks the Lady of the house for the drink and the payment. I will do all I can to help you with this. He acknowledges the rest of his companions and heads back to the room he is renting at the Grotto. Rakka, This platinum will come in handy for the game with Alphonse.

He sits down at the small desk in the room and opens his new spell book. Lets see what we have here. He cast read magic-Sinestra Revelle


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan bows to the Lady and sheathes his blade.
Yer map and aid is appreciated. Would ye mind lending us Shinon so's he can be in on the plannin an' better brief yet guards on where exactly they need t'be. We want a net but probably best if their involvement is limited to hails of arrows from hiding spots t'prevent escape.

He bows again as they all move to leave. He sides over to the mage as they walk out. Ye be a PROPER wizard? Not one o them witches, aye?


Evil GM

As Faelyn sits with his book and opens the dusty book he has an uneasy feeling. Make a Will save.


Female NPC, Female Noble

She nods to dwarf's request. Shinon gets bows to the Lady Grulios and heads out the door with Duncan.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea visits The Westcrown Exchange when she gets a moment and speaks with Gerald.

Something I am considering in the future as a possible business venture is to purchase The Mermaid's Grotto and renovate it. I have a long term plan where I can give it some much needed improvements such as purchasing the 'contracts' of the staff Another term for slavery. and have them instead be employes on salary/other pay method.

I don't intend for this to happen for a while, since I am quite aware of the requirements of a loan and the paperwork involved, but I hope that the 'Nightblooming Garden' will become a fixture of Westcrown to serve the city's needs, both physical in the carnal sense as well as an eating establishment. As well as a new temple to Calistria.


M H, NPC Expert MoneyMonger

"So you want to own a brothel? Humanities #1 trade, pleasure of the flesh, if run well ...a great return on capital. I can provide some insight and well, ...are you limiting yourself to this particular establishment, or are you open to starting another one elsewhere?" His fingers placed together in steeple.

Figured it was time to give Gerald an avatar.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Baldwin Only:

Will Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
+2 vs enchanmen

Ouch!


Evil GM

Faerlyn Only:
Your eyelids get exceptionally heavy and your head bobs on your shoulders, then it clunks on your desk. sleep: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) = 12times 10 minutes. You are sound asleep for 120 minutes (2 hours). Any pets or other breathing cretures in your apartment? If so they are out too.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Baldwin Only:

Rakka, my familiar


Evil GM

Faerlyn Only:
since its your familiar he can make a will save too.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Baldwin Only:

No familiar will save?
If so: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Will


Evil GM

Faelyn:
Oops, your an elf you are not asleep, your eyes are heavy but you manage to snap out of the spell. Your familiar still needs to make the save. I just saw the familiar's save so he is asleep for 2 hours.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Baldwin Only:

Roger. Anything else in the book?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Gerald "Westcrown Exchange" wrote:

"So you want to own a brothel? Humanities #1 trade, pleasure of the flesh, if run well ...a great return on capital. I can provide some insight and well, ...are you limiting yourself to this particular establishment, or are you open to starting another one elsewhere?" His fingers placed together in steeple.

Figured it was time to give Gerald an avatar.

Perfect for him!

Right now my interests lie with The Grotto, but opening another establishment is a possibility. Choosing the Grotto itself is in part because of the staff. The harlots and johns are skilled, as I have experienced, and the kitchen staff provide good fare. Having a built in staff would save time with hiring and I believe the would be agreeable to working under new management, especially since the current manager is somewhat 'lacking' in interpersonal skills. Andrea's voice is a little chilly when she says this.

Edit..

As for providing collateral and other funds, my group will be engaging in a high-risk but potentially high-reward expedition much like when we disposed of the goblin king. Unfortunately I cannot provide details, but if sucessful, I belive a comfortable amount can be earned.


Evil GM

Faelyn's Spellbook:
You triggered a symbol of sleep. Your race saved you but your familiar is snoozing.

1st level Spells
Abjuration:
- Alarm
- Endure elements
Divination:
- Identify
- Detect Secret door
Illusion:
- Magic Aura
- Silent Image
- Venriloquism
Necromancy
- Chill touch
- Ray of Emfeeblement
- Sculpt Corpse
2nd level Spells:
Abjuration:
- Arcane Lock
- Obsure Object
- Protection from Law, communal
- Protection from Good, communal
Divination:
- Detect Thoughts
- Create Treasure Map
Illusion:
- Magic Mouth
- Mirror Image
Necromancy:
- False Life
- Blindness
3rd level Spells
Abjuration:
- Nondetect
- Protection from Energy
Divination:
- Blood Biography
- Tongues
Illusion:
- Major Image
Necromancy:
- Toxic Gift
- Gentle Repose
4th level spells:
Abjuration:
- Remove curse
Illusion:
- Illusory Wall
Necromancy:
- False Life, Greater


M H, NPC Expert MoneyMonger

"Well let me do a little research and run a few numbers, do you even know if the owner is willing to sell?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin returns home after the meeting at the Grulios estate, exhaling deeply as he closes the door behind him. He extracts the first Librum from his handy haversack once more and deposits himself in a secondhand armchair. His apartment, though well appointed, is populated mostly by used, but expensive furnishings. The air is still and cool.

Orsin cracks the book open and begins at the first page.


F Human, NPC Commoner, serving girl

Lucrezia and Sunny when you get back to the Grotto you learn that you each are working that night. "Crowd bebig, twocrews just git'in shipload of amped upmen need a hunny." the giggling Pearl beams. "couldbemakin' couple gold afta mypay ti da'house."

7,201 to 7,250 of 25,175 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.