Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


651 to 700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>

Human, NPC

Janiven shakes her head, "Thought I had one but he disappeared early oneday something about too busy with studies."If I recall the 6th person asked to join the game was an arcane caster but he was too busy with school to committment to 3-5 post.

Tarvi looks up hopefully, "Magic...I...um, want to study magic."


Evil GM
Shinon wrote:
Shinon nods in agreement. "Yes. I will take my rest as well. I need to collect my thoughts. I had never suspected that House Grulios might be involved in these shady dealings...quite a shocking development. Janiven, could you direct me to my lodgings, please?" He stands up and stretches, yawning a bit.

Larko jumps up to his feet, "I will show you to your room, and how is the House Grulios involved? Where did you learn that? shoked expression.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"another thing, Even if there is a Hellkinght with the group, the goal is to only free Arael. Knowing that,realize that we don't need to defeat the Hellknight to Complete our goal."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

All 3 CLW accounted for. Andrea will take a MW crossbow for when she needs to ping if noone else wants it

Andrea nods. Very well, I will need to be within twenty-five paces for my spell to target the saregent(25 feet) soweshould get close as soon as possible. I will also pray for a minor enchantment to increase weapon potency when we need to close for battle


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
John Deos wrote:
"another thing, Even if there is a Hellkinght with the group, the goal is to only free Arael. Knowing that,realize that we don't need to defeat the Hellknight to Complete our goal."

So we should attempt a snatch and run? Potentially difficult if Arael is on the wagon and surrounded by the hellknight and the rest. If that is the case and if we cannot draw off the hellknight, perhaps we could attempt to drag him down for a hostage exchange.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"A snatch and run is all we need to do to complete the mission. If the wagon is gaurded then we will just take them down. We also need to wear mask."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon blinks as the quiet man suddenly jumps to his side. He sighs and shrugs, nodding for the human to lead the way to his chambers. As they start walking, Shinon explains. "By 'involved', I was not referring to Arael's capture. While we were in the sewers, I discovered this signet ring. It was in the care of a few goblins who were apparently instructed to hunt down anyone in the sewers. So there are only a few possible conclusions I can draw. Either a noble from House Grulios was lurking down in the sewers, which seems unlikely to me, or House Grulios has started to expand and is now accepting monsters as 'members', at least, by giving them special privileges and funding in order to meet certain goals. I have to perform more research to this effect.."

Standing out in the hall, Shinon sighed and glanced back at the dining room. "She's...certainly beautiful tonight, in that silk," he muttered aloud, to no one in particular.

Shaking his head and looking down the hall, Shinon frowned. "Larko, why are you here? You don't strike me as the type of person who wishes to engage in conflict. And you were right about what you said before. Battle is hard. It's not just swinging a sword, dodging blows, and beating the other guy. It's about taking life, protecting yourself, even while your comrades are being harmed and are screaming in pain not ten feet away from you. It's about slaughtering your enemies without question, and burying your friends with tears afterwards. If you get involved in this, you will be surrounded by death. So why?"


Human, NPC

"Here Here well spoken John. Hellknights are generally just and they are not inherently evil. Sure there are a few rotten apples but let us not categorize them all that way. Rescuing Arael is the mission, not murder."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
John Deos wrote:
"A snatch and run is all we need to do to complete the mission. If the wagon is gaurded then we will just take them down. We also need to wear mask."

Very well, anyone with a helm will not need to worry, though I do hope we don't have to make do with burlap, it itches terribly.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I ponder what Manathel(sp?) told me about Janiven. Trying to understand the girl. It's a futile effort. I never had to worry about it before so why start now. I will think on it more once Arael is safe for now I stand. "I meditate and tink on ebents of today and the purans of tomorrow. Then I rest an recober strengt. I be ready to go before dawn." I look to Janiven. "Where is prace I can rest?"


Evil GM

Larko addresses Shinon, "Well, I came to Westcrown to earn some coin on the docs and travel to distant lands, if I could. Then I saw the two faces of this city - business during the day and the fear at night, that is no way to live. I dream of a simplier life in the hills but...there is work to do here, first." Opening Shinon's room for him. Then he turns to go back to the kitchen glancing back, "What if the ring was lost and the scavenger creature found it? Goblins aren't that unusual, beside the Goblin King lives in the ruined North part of the City." He walks off.

Larko is a tall, muscular young man, his muscles carved by years of working on the docks. His handsome features highlight his shaggy brown hair which has not met a comb, and his large brown eyes are sincere. He is silent, preferring to listen than talk. He does have a an axe on his left side, a knife on his hip and and a dagger in his boot. He has simple clothing and boots worn but not overly dirty. He obviously takes care of his few items.


Evil GM

Mathalen leaps to her feet, very nimble, "Follow me,"as she opens your door on the second floor. "Hope it meets with your approval."She hesistates looking at the foreigner then turns away. Her footsteps are light and effortless.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon blinks, rubbing his chin thoughtfully with his hands. "The rings...lost? Both of them? No. Perhaps if I had only found one ring, I might chalk it up to the item being lost and scavenged, but two? It's not like the nobles walk around dropping their signet rings in the streets. These items are rare. No...this isn't a coincidence. I have to find out what these rings mean. And I won't let anyone distract me from the truth," he mutters to himself, before turning into the room and walking in.

Shinon takes his leather off slowly, peeling his shirt from his thin, agile frame before lying down on the bed and looking up at the ceiling. "Two hours after sunrise, huh? Not exactly much time to rest."

He closes his eyes and drifts off to sleep.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea notices the growing lateness. I will retire along with Shinon and Kenji since I must rest and pray for tomorrow. Hopefully we can have what we need gathered before we leave and can continue to talk along the way. Thank you all for accepting us into your group.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

"Arigato Gozaimasu." I bow to her as she leaves. I move into the room and sit. Beginning my meditations and reflecting of the day.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

We we gotta plan, at least. Jenavine, we'll need the horse, wagon amd alchemist's fire. Can yer people handle that? We got the gold needed to buy the flasks and rent the animals.


Human, NPC

Janiven looks over to Gorvio, "Can your Uncle help us with the horse rental for a day?'[b]

The young lanky man with amber eyes responds, [b]I'll work on this at first light, he may be working of tonight's drunk but for a bit of coin he should be receptive. he gets up and heads towards his room.

Others of the group get up and and follow.

Janeven says, "Gorvio is a good man, his uncle is a horse trader, and he's been caring for the him ever since his father was killed in the alley outside near the stables."

"Good Night, Thanking the remaining members."


Evil GM

John Only Hellknight Knowledge:
John your mentor would have taught you a little bit about Hellknight Orders. First of all there are seven main Order's, and a few lesser Orders, but The Rack is the original.

Order of The Rack
Order of the Scourge
Order of the Chain
Order of the Gate
Order of the Godclaw
Order of the Nial
Order of the Pyre

Over time each order has developed its own specialty and each has its own Reckoning for acceptance. The Order of the Rack is headquartered outside Westcrown at Citadel Rivad. While the Order of the Scourge is Citadel Demain near Egorian.

The Order of the Rack members tend to come from large staunch old families, families that like to keep tradition. Their main goal is to squelch rebellion and to seek out and crush dangerous knowledge, philosophies and idealistic views. Rebellions and Cults are dangerous. Torture is an acceptable means to an end. Symbol is a spiked wheel; favored weapon is a longsword and whip.. Armor is exposed musculature design, sleek helm, flayed cloak.

The Order of the Scourge seeks out lawlessness and those that would prey on society's vulnerabilities, structured criminals, corrupt officials and governments. Members tend to come form those who have suffered at the hands of criminals or reformed criminals themselves. Symbol is a star of bleeding lashes. Favored weapon is a heavy mace or whip. Armor is scarred breastplate, horned helm.

Ranks;
Lictor - General of the Order
Vicarius - Spell-casting leader
Master of blade - A colonel, equal to Paravicar
Paravicar - Leader of Signifers, equal to master of Blades.
Paralictor - a high-ranking officer (Major)
Maralictor -mid level officer (lieutenant) Most common officer.
Signifer - spellcaster, arcane or religious.
HellKnight - rank and file soldier
Armiger -Squire, porter and trainee.

You would know that there are some Armiger Signifer's, that is very low level spellcasters, who do not meet all the requirements of Hellknight.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea goes to her room and secures the the door before kneeling before the bed and producing several ritual items and placing them before her. Clasping her hands, Andrea begins a soft silibent whisper, interspersed with chants, hoping for a full belly and heady sensations, and that the nightkin will find the corpses of the armigers and fill their bellies as well. While those who escaped will find their wounds festering with sickness.

After she is done, Andrea slips under the covers and sleeps..


Human, NPC

The next morning right at sunrise Gorvio leaves to go to his Uncle's stables in the Rego Cader Section of the city. The ruined northern section, or the Dead Sector, as the locals call the area. He leaves word to follow within the hour.

Several other's leave the safehouse to go looking for a wagon and alchemist fire.

Yakopulio left word that she is looking into the hard to find alchemist fire, she took Amaya with her. Janiven is conversing with Rizzaro, who is sliding one of the newly aquired longsword under his cloak. His huge bulking muscles hardened by manual labor. "If alchemist fire can be had in large quantities Yak can find it and Amaya can talk the merchant into a fair price. It is all we can ask."

Janiven tells the young group that, "A group this large can not all go riding out together, that will cause suspicion. Two small groups is better. Rizzaro, Gorvio, Larko and I will go out first. The newcomers in the second wave. The remainder of you can prepare for our arrival and listen for the news. Ermolos you are in charge in our absence."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Having awoken and prayed, Duncan listens to the mornings goings on.
Even a single flask will do. If they can find that and 2 or 3 barrels o oil it will light up real quick. We only need to stop the horses from crossing the bridge. I figure we can have John an' me on the far side o the bridge, beneath it. Barrels already on the bridge with corks popped. When we hear hooves we pop up and kickem over and use alchemist fire to light them. We'll be attacked straight away. That's when the rest a ye run in and attack from behind. Can't turn a wagon on a narrow bridge.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea awakens with the others and heads down to listen to the morning's plan, I believe Shinon should be part of the second group since his knowledge of stealth and camouflage will be very useful in concealing the group when the soldiers pass by. Also, just who will be attempting todo the rescue and who will hold off the soldiers? Perhaps Duncan and John and do it once they have set the fire.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

After waking up the next morning, and listening to Janiven. "My idea for a plan is that Me and Duncan will go after who ever seems to be in charge causing a major distraction. Kenji should be the one to get to the carriage and get Arael, since he appears to be the fastest of us. Shinon and Andrea should provide cover fire, taking out the rest of the Armigers and anyone who seems to be casting as well. Then after we get Arael out of there we leave."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Sounds fine. Priority is getting the cart stopped. It'll all be for nought if they drive away.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. Very well, let us get our things together and prepare to leave.

Andrea points to the cluster of CLW potions. Shall we hand these out? Perhaps to several of our new friends?

Andrea is all set in the potion department


Evil GM

It is dreary the next morning. The clouds overhead look nasty dark, ready to pour. The wind picking up off the water. Shop keepers begin to open their doors but they don't put goods outside. Seems as if everyone is hustling to stay out of the inclement weather.

The walk north to the Jacovo's stable takes 40 minutes and over that time you do pass two dottari squads. The typical seven person patrol, six soldiers and one lieutenant. The first group was gathered outside a baker's shop eating morning rolls making sure the street lights were out. The second group was in formation.

As you arrive at Jacovo's stable, Gorvio is there saddling up the last of the horses. He greets you and introduces everyone to his uncle. "Boy tells me yaw'll are goin' fer a country ride...'he snorts and coughs, "'uppose it'll rain all day, these horses don't spook too much." He looks at Duncan, "Got ye a pony...Miss Daisi, should be gentle 'nough fer ye."

His eyes shift, "Draft horses all be gone fer a few days working fields, so got nuttin' fer pulling a wagon...' Hands up in the air apologizing, "Don't rightfully understand why ye needs a wagon for a country ride,' shrugging his shoulders.

"Now...cuz Gorvio's a friend of yers, I give a good price to rent the horse, that be 8 gold..the boy's horse is no charge." He points at his nephew. "Any damage to the horses," he looks at group sternly "and ye be buying 'em."

If you want to roll a perception check to see if you pick up any street conversation you can.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25, +2 if the speakers are human.

Shinon stands up and stretches in the morning, yawning a bit and grabbing his clothes quickly. He did not have the time to mess around, not today. Shinon wipes the sleep from his eyes and pulls his armor on, latching his bow and attaching his sheathed blade to his belt.

As the group walks to the stable, Shinon keeps his ears open. He tries to keep abreast of local gossip and mood. It's important to know everything about his people if he wants to try and save them, and morale is a tricky and powerful part of that equation.

When they arrived at the stable, Shinon eyed Gorivo carefully. "It's unfortunate that you do not have an extra set of wagon gear. Might you have a horse that is accustomed to seating two riders at a time, or a horse with the capacity? And a saddle to accommodate such a seating? We plan to pick up a friend while we're on our country ride, you see, and leading a horse with no rider might be difficult."

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10, +2 if this guy is human


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

Andrea pulls her clothing tighter against the chill and pockets the crude mask that was made for her and the others. Sniffing the air, she wonders if anyone met their fate at the hands of the nightbeasts and wonders if she should visit the morgue when they get back.

My thanks, my good man. she says as she looks a bit dubiously at the hore. My first time riding.


Evil GM

The swollen eyed uncle looks at Shinon oddly, "Leslie Sue,' pointing to one horse, "is accustom'd to a little more weight, ain't got the fancy saddle though." Pondering his next comment, "sure kind of funny "country ride' ye be goin' on.

Shinon's perception check:
D'alf elf, poise no threat, good Westcrown family he come from too. Those 'eelknight just itchin' to be cruel. It was a favor or payback is why he was picked up to begin with. As three of the squad members chat having coffee.


Evil GM

Andrea's Perception check:
a shop keeper's wife is nagging the man that he is worthless and she if he keeps it up she is going to kick him out fo the house and take up with his brother.

You also here about a carvan of hellknights that will be departing later in the day.


Evil GM

Here is link to the City Map again. You can see the stable is listed on the map in the Norther part of the city.

CITY MAP WITH STABLE AND SAFEHOUSE


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon pauses at the words he overhears, his eyes narrowing. "No...the mission is important too. These people are counting on me. I'll just drop by Roy's house afterwards and make sure he's okay. Of course...if the Order of the Rack has him...there will be blood..."

"It certainly is," Shinon replies to the horse rearer. "We appreciate you being so accommodating. Andrea, pay the man, will you?"

Shinon glances over at the cleric, who has been keeping all of the party's gold on her person. He didn't mind. He didn't really need gold anyway, he was doing this because it was right, not for the rewards.


Evil GM

Shinon's sense motive check:
The young man, who is human, seems to be a hard working lad. Handling horses appears to come easy to him.


Evil GM

The drizzle begins and the uncle looks at the sky, "Ye know, not really sure if ye should be headin' out today with this storm that's 'pproachin'"He is obviously worried about his horses with the weather, "so ye, be waitin' on some others to bring ya stuff?" Shaking his head like he is having second thoughts.

Editted the post to include: There is a moderate wind right now, steady 13 mph but gusting to 20 mph.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea takes out 10 gold and slips them into the hungover man's hand with a light pat. Here you go my good man, payment for the horses and a little extra as appriciation for getting up early for us.

Andrea turns on a charming smile. Goddess bless you. We will take good care of the horses.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I wake then next day and head down to hear the briefing. Once we are set to go I get with my team and follow them to the stables.

When in contact with horses I seem very nervous. "Is possibu to find odder mode of traberu? I not comfortabu on sush beasts." I move around so as to keep a ten for distance between me and any of the horses, my guard is up and I am ready to defend myself


Evil GM

The uncle takes the gold coin and smiles, "Keep 'em safe," he mumbles as he heads back inside the stable.

As he heads inside Yak and Amaya come back holding a small cast together. Yak looks over the group and finally settles on Janiven, "No luck on the alchemist fire and were were only able to get a small cast, 7 pints worth of oil, for the dock area. The General shop had a Dottari squad pickign up equiment, so we didn't want to draw suspicion asking about alchemist fire," she states. "We were able to pick up a a half cast of whale oil on the docks. Figured you needed it quick so, we didn't have time to ask around."


Human, NPC

Janiven thanks the two new arrivals, "Put your ears to use when we are gone." Hosting herself on her horse. She looks at the Kenji curiously,"we need to ride to get a lead on the caravan." Unsure how to answer the odd request about other transportation modes. She grabs the reins to the horse Kenji is defending against.

Rizzaro and Larko mount up. Gorvio holds the reins to the dwarf's pony with one hand and Andrea's white mare's reins in the other.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea fidgets near her horse for a bit before grabbing hold of the saddle and grunting to haul herself up, looking a bit undignified as she struggles and finally manages to ger herself properly on the saddle.

Perhaps we can use some other oil flasks as a way to start the fire? I've heard that one can stuff a cloth into a bottle of oil and set it alight before throwing.

Gonna do lunch for about 2 hours


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I stare the horse down as if it is a foe for which I may not triumph over or a grizzly about to devour me. I hold my ground. "Is not safe to use sush animarus for traberu. Dey are bery dangerous. Dey could turn on us witout warning. I trust less dan trust a bandit not to stab me in back." It is clear I see the horse as a threat and do not wish to approach.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Before leaving the safe house that morning John takes the remaining master work Longsword. On the way to the stables John tries to listen to the crowds to see if there is any trouble.

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

While at the stables, John waits for the others to settle the payment. When he notices Kenji's refusal to get on the horse, John says "Kenji, we do not have time for you to be frightened of a simple animal, get on it so we can go."


Evil GM

John's Perception check:
John over hears the lieutenant getting an update from a man dressed in trade clothing, "Aye, 'eard Paralictor Chard called in a chit wit da' Mayor to get the 'alf elf released to 'em 'ellknights. Mighty upset when he had to wait till mornin' too. Gonna make haste t'ward their Citadel, I understand." This occurred outside the bakery.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea turns somewhat unsteadily on the horse to look at Kenji. Do you have problems with horses? If need be, Janiven and I can ride near to help you stay steady. Certainly will not let you fall.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

"Horses dangerous, curafty, an unpredictabu. Kirued my modder by tossing her off. Amost kirud me by kick out o no where. No can trust em. I jog, I no ride. I keep up. No wait up for me." I stand defiantly unwilling to ride a horse.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks a bit exasperated. I am rather doubtful that you will be able to keep up, but if you insist, stay off the road so the hellknights will not see you when they leave town.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan's heart falls at the last of oil...
Great. Bugger all plannin'. Daylight hours. No wagon. This just keeps gettimg better.

He looks quizzically at the pony. Ye do realize I weigh as much as a human don't ye. They don't call us stout fer nothin.

He mounts the pony, hopeful the animal is up to carrying him...


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

Ponies are medium, dwarf is medium. By rules, technically a pony cannot carry a dwarf...*Shrugs* DM call in the end.

"I keep out of sight. No need worry bout me."

I get a head start in the direction we are suppose to go avoiding the roads and taking the most direct route.


Human, NPC

Gorvio laughs at Duncan's grumbling,"I know ye weigh as much as two humans. Not known for missing a meal I bet, but Miss Daisi will hold you, she a fine dependable riding pony."

Gorvio gets on his horse then takes the extra reins for the horse Kenji rejected, "Looks like there is no need to worry about doubling up now that Kenji is walking."

With that Janiven head to the West Gate, commenting that "the bridge is about 50 mintues to an hour away. We should have time to prepare once we get there." Looking doubtfully at Kenji, "Can you hustle or run and keep up with us? As the weather starts to turn uglier with rain.

This is probably one of those house rules that has been used at our gaming table, Dwarves riding ponies. It doesn't really matter to me. By if you want horse Miss Daisi can be horse.

The bestiary lists dwarves riding ponies. "Ponies are smaller breeds of horses better suited to halflings, gnomes, and dwarves, but they also make fond pets for humans as well."


Human, NPC

Twenty minutes out there is a fork in the road, the lesser travelled road head towards the Citadel Rivad. The road is rarely used except by those travelling to and from the Citadel and banditry is unheard of on the road. Who would be foolish enough to rob or attack vendors, or hellknights, on this road. The rain is coming down a bit harder and steadier now, the wind has picked up some at about 15 miles per hour.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan's heart falls at the last of oil...

Great. Bugger all plannin'. Daylight hours. No wagon. This just keeps gettimg better.

He looks quizzically at the pony. Ye do realize I weigh as much as a human don't ye. They don't call us stout fer nothin.

He mounts the pony, hopeful the animal is up to carrying him...

Andrea clutches the reigns a bit unsteadily as they trot along. Since we could not get the alchemist's fire and all the oil, how should we change our plans? Plus Kenji refusing to ride a horse will harm us attempting to get away. Andrea squints at the rain. Plus this spoils our attempt at blocking the wagon with fire. Perhaps subduing the hellknight commander and using him as a hostage for exchange?

Andrea thinks a little more on the situation. Having Kenji amek the snatch may still work if he brings Areal to us and we double up on the mounts.

651 to 700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.