Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,851 to 6,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Lucrezia you need a fort save DC14 to go through the sludge. You still have the bonus from Andrea.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will stay on her side but close the door so she doesn't catch a crossbow bolt.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

fort save 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 4 = 21


Evil GM

Lucrezia you can search for traps and lock and disable. Chest 1 and Chest 2.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

[ooc]perception chest 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
disable chest 1 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
perception chest 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
disable chest 2 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15


Evil GM

Chest one and two are both locked but you were able to only unlock the first chest. The stone lid is heavy but you manage to open it.

Inside one chest are several pounds of long-outdated investment papers, lists of debts, and various notes on blackmail victims—while once totaling nearly 120,000 gp in value, these papers are now worthless thanks to the passage of time and the deaths of most involved. Of
greater value are this chest’s other contents, including several valuable books. These books include an early Andoren philosophy book worth 200 gp, an illustrated scenic journey through Osirion worth 230 gp, a three-volume
work on the teachings of a spirit naga entitled the Libra Malfactum worth
400 gp, and a spellbook. More on this when it is thoroughly investigated. Hidden in the spine of the spellbook is an arcan scroll. Under the books is a layer of 1,300 gp, along with a narrow ivory box with a carved lid depicting an army of golems destroying a city wall. The box is worth 800 gp, and it contains a golembane scarab and a wand of rusting grasp with 5 charges.

The second chest has the three symbol you have seen over the door archways, that was down the hallway.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Updated treasure list in discussion

Andrea holds steady, wondering what everyone has found. Almost there. Then I can have a hot bath with Fiosa, a hot meal of her dumpling stew and a warm bed. No more MUCK!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin places the bulk of the non-magical items into his handy haversack. Our resident bank teller Andrea can sort it out later.

Lucrezia, does the chest appear trapped?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I don't think so. Just really hard to open. Let me try again to make sure.

try again?
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23
disable 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20


Evil GM

Lucrezia doesn't believe the chest is trapped but it is a very complicated lock. It does have the three symbols from the other room on the chest: the book, glaive and unholy symbol.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

disable try again 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
and again 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
and again 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
and again 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

"I'm sure I can get this soon. The lock is just pretty damn rough and kinda rusty from being in the mucky room. Interesting enough, it's got carved on it the symbols from those three doorways that we didn't go through before.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin examines the scroll in the spellbook using read magic, praying it's a knock spell.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea hears Lucrezia talk about the difficulty with the chest. If it has symbols like those door iit might mean something. Remember how the one with the book showed your home Lucrezia? 'Drownd Jabe'The others showed different places but not really your home. Maybe the book we got from where the howlers were fought has soemthing to do with the chest


Evil GM

Orsin you see its a scroll of contagion (CL 9th).

---

Lucrezia your attempts fail.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Hmm, well, the scroll is of no help at the moment.

Regarding the stone chests: Are the locks metal? We could use the wand of rusting grasp in that case.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia kicks the chest in frustration. "Damn chest doesn't want to open up for me."

If it matters at all, I forgot to add the bonus from my masterwork tools to the roll.

perception to look at the chest again to see if I'm missing something?
1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Evil GM

The chest does not open even with the masterwork tools. There is no metal on the stone chest.

Orsin and Lucrezia make straight Int checks.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lucrezia, try pulling out the book about 'Drowned Jabe' it was the book that was on those doors that would take us to different places. Maybe it has something to do with the chest. we don't have the glaive or the unholy symbol so we might have to rely on the book.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Int check: 1d20 ⇒ 2

CLASSIC Orsin.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

[dice=Int check]1d20

CLASSIC Orsin.

Nearly a critical fumble...your head explodes.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

int 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

At Andrea;s suggestion, Lucrezia pulls out the book.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Cry

Okay, maybe reading the book, but will take quite some time. Maybe the book is a key or has a key. Just check the covers orwhack the chest with it.


Evil GM

When you pull the book out the lock opens.


Evil GM

The second chest contains only one object—the Chelish Crux. This strange and baffling object appears as a wooden and metal dodecahedron (similar in shape to a d12) that measures about 6 inches in diameter— each face of the crux is carved with a different rune, and when one looks upon the thing, the observer has the unsettling sensation that he can see too many or too few sides at once.

What is the group doing next!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yes! What is in the chest? Is it The Crux? It is The Crux! Let us get out of here!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

After recovering all of the loot, the Crux in particular, Orsin rallies the group for departure. Assuming they can exit the Knot without difficulty, the group returns to the mayor's house, doing their best to pass unnoticed.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You know Lucrezia? Usually I would want to get drunk at the Grotto again, but I really just want a hot bath and a warm bed with Fiosa next to me. Andrea helps shoulder some of the treaure as the group gets ready to leave.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Oh hell yes! Let's go back to that door to my bedroom. Or wait, do we still need to do anything a devil in here yet or is that something for later?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We killed it. That thing that is lying over there, unless you were talking about that imp, and she can stay here for all I care.

Andrea looks at the scavanged weapons. I think Duncan should have the axe, and Orsin and John might like those long swords, I practically never draw a weapon so I don't need one.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I suggest we leave, we have what we came here for. Though that Tiefling does have me slightly worried."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I agree with John, we can hop through that door. We do need to think once we are out of here. if we want to sneak back into the Folly and tell Oberigo that we found the Knot so he can give us more gold. Plus Lady Grulios wants us to spread that rumor about the Grulios finding the killer of their family member and an agent is coming on the next Oathday on Dock 33

That is if we still want to involve ourselves any further with the party.


Evil GM

The party trudges back through the filthy muck and then back to the hallway.

Are you heading through to the room with doors or are you going to explore the room at end of the hall?

THE KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Let us go to the room with the doors. I a done with this place.


Evil GM

As you each walk through the door containing the "Drowned Jabe" symbol you are teleported to your various bedrooms wherever you flop.

Lucrezia the book is now blank pages.

This pretty much concludes Book 2, although you may need to arrange to get your wardrobes and gear which remained in the mansion bedrooms. We can roleplay that out. Along with the identification of the items that you recently picked up.


_


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks about at her room, glad to be out of that damn maze and mansion both. Getting a few surprised looks as she dashes downstairs to the kitchens for some hot water, Lucrezia waves off attempts at conversation for now as her only thought is to get wash up and put some clean clothes on. I think it''l be easiest to just throw out the clothes I'm wearing now and buy new ones later. It would take forever to these clean and get the damn smell out.

Once suitably clean and dressed again, Lucrezia heads out to the safehouse. May as well report in to Arael. Hopefully the others will too. I'd like to see 'em and be sure they made it out okay. Plus I suppose we need to figure out how to get the rest of our stuff outa the mansion and we still need to work on that rumor thing...


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea steps through the door and ends up in her apartment. The place is quiet, with Fiosa out at her 'job'slavery is more like it.

Hurridly sripping off her clothing, Andrea dumps the ruined clothes into the trash and heats up some water for a 'bucket bath' where she manages to get her hair clean at least and the important parts before she sprays herself with perfume to get rid of any lingering smell.

Once dressed up, Andrea hurries out and plans a trip to the safehouse.Drop that blasted Crux off and see if everyone got back safely. Then we can sneak or bribe our way back into the manor and get our stuff.


Female Human Tian, NPC

Lucrezia arrives at the safehouse about 10 minutes before Andrea does they are both greeted by Amaya. "Welcome back, how was the party...DO TELL,' with a bright smile on her face, "is Orsin with you?" She goes about pouring three glasses of Pitax red, a soft delicate wine that warms the palate.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea downs her glass, looking rather haggard. The party was a giagantic excess of food, drugs, and liquer that ended in an orgy. Rather expected of the current nobility I expect. Sighing, Andrea urged Lucrezia to put the Crux on the table. Anreal and Janivan will no doubt be interested in this. Hopefully the others will be here soon since we took some mystical doorway out of where The Crux was stored and ended up in hour homes. we need to regroup and sneak back intot he manor to get our equipment.

Andrea slumps back into her chair, looking utterly drained by the madness of the last few days.


Evil GM

Duncan will show up wearing a fresh cloak and cleaned up. He walks over to the keg and pours himself two tankards of mead. He nods at girls. Then proceeds to lay an assortment of gear that he carried out of the knot. "That was a close one...dwarves and water don't mix well.' he mumbles as he drains is tankard.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks through the items and casts Detect Magic over the things like the wand, crown,swords and ring.
Crown Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Wand Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Sword#1 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Sword#2Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

RingSpellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Cold Iron battle axe Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I bet Orsin is still soaking in a tub of hot water right now, still washing his hair. John may be rusted solid somewhere though."

Lucrezia puts the Crux on the table at Andrea's urging.

"I really hope to never be invited to such a party ever again."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin arrives shortly after Duncan, wearing freshly cleaned garments and finery. He still looks a little pale as he sits down with the others, taking a glass of water to settle his stomach.

Drugged mice don't taste any better on the way up, he states plainly before slumping in his chair in a mirror to Andrea's posture.

That whole ordeal was a bit more than any of us expected. I'd rather do an encore of The Sixfold Trials than return to that blasted Folly. Where did that charming Pathfinder run off to?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin will attempt to help Andrea identify the items that might have eluded immediate recognition.

Crown: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Wand: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Sword #2: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Battle Axe: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

WOW, that was an uncharacteristically low string of rolls.


NPC, H/Elf

That's right you ate the drugged mice. tasty.

Areal and Janiven arrive along with several others, including Fiosa. There are lots of slaps on the back and hearty welcomes. Areal assists in detecting magic.

Wand - CMW, 33 charges
minor Gold Crown of blasting
Ring of Featherfall
+1 Cold iron battle axe
Two long swords- +1keen; +1defending

Andorian Philosophy book-200 gp
Osirion journey book-230 gp
3 volume set of Libra Malfactum -400 gp
Spellbook(Must investigate) - there are 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th level spells
Arcane Scroll from spellbook -Contigation
1300 gp in coins
Ivory Box worth 800 gp
Golembane Scarab
Wand of Rusting grasp 5 charges

Andrea your employer will exchange out the books (except the spellbook), he will take the outdated investment paper off your hands we can roleplay a value, the ivory box (if you want to sell it) do you remember what his fee was for his service?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoa, didn't get my notifications.

Andrea promptly gets Fiosa on her lap and smooches her. Gods, after drugged mice, a bowl of your dumpling stew sounds good right now. Andrea gives Fiosa her CLW wand back. Thankfully I never had to use this.

So, I think we will have a very short time to decide what to do next. As soon as they find us missing we will become very unpopular. Or we can just say the Abyss with them. I want to go back and get our things at least.

Andrea looks at the items. I think Duncan would like the axe perhaps and since John and Orsin use long swords they might like the Keen and Defending ones. I could use the Cure Wand.

Gerald charges 20 for his service. Andrea is willing to sell the ivory box and we can roleplay for the investment papers as well.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Ooooh, can I haz the +1 keen longsword?

If there no objections, might I take the longsword? The especially sharp one, that is. I can put my current blade in its place and we can split the profits from its sale. I would also be very keen on reading the books we found before we sell them. Again, assuming there are no objections.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So 1000 gold for a resold +1 Longsword if Orsin puts his in.

Feel free to check out the books. I will talk to Gerald about selling them when we can. I might be able to use the wand of Rustign Grasp but I am very poor at such things. we might be able to use the Golembane scarab and the ring and crown can be useful, especially the crown if we run into undead again.


Evil GM

From the DM stand point you all figure out the division of goods.

Areal looks at the binding of the spellbbook, "Hmmmm, this has value for wizard or arcane caster." His hand on the chin, "Perhaps you all can investigate the book some more."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We can take that to a magic shop perhaps. Is there a wizard guild in the city?

Looking at the old investment papers. These old records are very out of date but Gerald does love information on such things, I doubt we will get much but I will show them to him.

Lol, first we had problems with notifications not goign away, now they won't show up.

6,851 to 6,900 of 26,346 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.