Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,801 to 6,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Dotting due to server issues.

Urk! I have two scrolls in my pack that cure sickness! hurk!


Evil GM

The eyes disappear. A few seconds later two creatures pop out of the water. One on either stair leading into the sludge.

Knowledge religion or planes.

Initiative:

Lemures: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (6) + 0 = 6
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (4) + 0 = 4
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Initiative Order:

John
Duncan
Lemures
Lucrezia
Andrea
Orsin

RD1 Begins:


Evil GM

John and Andrea need to make another Fort DC14 save to see if they are over their sickness. They can't act until they make the save.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Inspire courage on my turn. On mobile, sorry for brevity.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea's mouth fills with what little bile she has left as she struggles against the reek.

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

She manages to choke it down.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Hopefully the knowledge of what she sees springs to mind and she quickly tells others what the creatures are and what the best tactics to use are.

When she is able, Andrea pulls out a scroll of Remove Sickness to use.

I am now off work and available all night


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Dot


Evil GM

Orsin you are nauseated heading into your turn. Make another DC14 Fort save to see if you can act in RD1.

Andrea you know these creatures are lemure...the grubs of devils. They have resistance to acid and cold; immune to fire and mind effects. Damage resistance but can be overcome by good or silver.


Evil GM

Duncan moves to the end down the northern stairs.

Masterwork Alchemical Silver Battle axe
Attack PA:
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 81d8 + 4 - 1 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 4 - 1 + 6 = 14

He swings wide missing the lemure.

BATTLE MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea spits out a bit of bile. Lemures! Just like the ones we fought on the stage. Use silver or divinely blessed weapons. I can bless a weapon after I remove this illness on us.

Infernal:
Get away from me! Scram!


Evil GM

Infernal:
Delicious soul to devour.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Just a possible action when my turn comes up.

Andrea will cast defensivly to cast Remove Sickness on Orsin which will supress his Nausea for 50 minutes.

cast defensivly: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Andrea avoids the waving claws(Hopefully) and Orsin's stomach goes still.

I think I will still cast it since it will keep him from getting sick again since he has a lower FORT save


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fort save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Nice!

As I said before, Orsin begins to inspire courage on his turn, granting a +2 to attack and damage rolls the following round.


Evil GM

The lemure closest to Duncan attacks.

Claw: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 31d4 ⇒ 2

missing terribly.

The second lemure on the southern step holds until someone comes close.


Evil GM

RD1 mid.

John - needs to make a Fort save before he acts in RD1.

Duncan- steps up to the Lemure on the north step and misses.
Lemures - lemure on the north step misses. the lemure on the south step holds.

Lucrezia - kills the lemure fighting Duncan.

Andrea - cast remove sickeness on Orsin.

Orsin - makes his fort save. He then inspires courage.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia shoots her arrows at the one fighting Duncan.

attack 1 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
damage 1 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
attack 2 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22
damage 2 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
regular arrows, but no penalty for melee


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Got all your bonuses from Chosen foe and the bard singing?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Nope, let me edit those in.


Evil GM

The lemure fighting Duncan is dead.


Evil GM

RD1 summary.

John - needs to make a Fort save before he acts in RD1.

Duncan- steps up to the Lemure on the north step and misses.
Lemures - lemure on the north step misses. the lemure on the south step holds.

Lucrezia - kills the lemure fighting Duncan.

Andrea - cast remove sickeness on Orsin.

Orsin - makes his fort save. He then inspires courage.

John still has a fort save DC14 to make. If he makes it he has a RD1 action.

RD2:

John
Duncan
Lumeure
Lucrezia
Andrea
Orsin


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perhaps a spot of botting? Hmm.. But then you would be controling another PC which might not be good.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea Round 2
Bless +1 Hit +1 Save vs. fear (5 minutes left)
Bard Song +2 Hit +2 Damage
Remove Sickness on Orsin 50 minutes

For her second round action, Andrea will cast Remove Sickness on John if he is unable to shake his Nausea. If he can, she casts it on Lucrezia.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
John will pull out his Silver mace and attack the nearest Lemure
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Evil GM

John's vicious attack kills the remaining lemure.

Duncan asks, "Aye agree wit ye girl, pass out the sickness medicine. We need ti git to the chests, lets look at those four magic items on the way." He reenacts his detect magic.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Bless +1 Hit +1 Save vs. fear (4 minutes left)
Bard Song +2 Hit +2 Damage
Remove Sickness on Orsin 49 minutes

Andrea casts her remaining Remove Sickness on Lucrezia so she won't fall prey to Nausea(50 Minutes +4 to saves)

Andrea then gives an Anti-Plague to Orsin,John and Duncan(+4 vs. Disease for 1 hour)

Lucrezia can fight with her bow and well, since you three most likely will be in the muck, you should take it.

Lets finish this!.


Evil GM

Anyone entering the filthy water must make a Fort save DC14.

Duncan

fort save DC14: 1d20 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 4 = 20

Duncan grumbles,"Aye hate water." but he has his trusty battle axe in his hand as he looks at the closest glowing water. "Keep ready and git me back, John" He tests the water depth it 2 feet high by the step but slopes downward. The bottom of the pond is soft and pliable.

Who is entering the sludge? Everyone make a perception check.

perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Duncan is focused on the glowing item.

GM only:
stealth: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John follows Duncan in after drinking the anti-plague.
Fort: 1d20 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 4 = 17


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea waits by the edge while the others head in.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6


Evil GM

Andrea is too worried about the filth and keeping her companions healthy than to notice anything within the room.

John make a perception check.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

For the moment, Lucrezia is staying up on the steps with her bow at the ready. She's scanning the water around her comrades, just waiting for something else to pop up for her to shoot at.

perception for movement in the water 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Evil GM

KNOTH FLITH

I put a halo around the first square Duncan is searching.

As duncan wades deeping in the filth followed by John, the muck is getting to 3.5 feet tall. the dwarf's beard is covered with refuge and crud. His boot kicks something and he reaches down covering most of his neck in yak. His hand emerges holding and wand. "Not any use fer its last owner."


Evil GM

Orsin follows Duncan and John but his vision is blurred as he vomits.

orsin perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Fort: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 4 = 8


Evil GM

Duncan continues and reaches down in V34 this turn his hand coming up with a simple golden crown. "It be some kind of magic," he hands the wand to John, "pass that ti the Girl." He then passes the crown to his big friend.


Evil GM

orsin FORT DC14: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 4 = 17

orsin's stomach finally calms down and he is able to pull up the rear. So far: Duncan, John and Orsin are in the filth, while Andrea is on the northern step and Lucrezia is on the southern step with her bow.


Evil GM

Suddenly the water explodes as large greenish brown hideous creature emerges. It has two horns, a gaping mouth, two tentacles, two hands holding long swords, and rugged beard its body grossly misshapen. Clearly the result of some strange twisted magic.

It swings one sword at Duncan: (Surprise RD)

Sword1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d8 ⇒ 1

Missing horribly.

Know religion or planes.


Evil GM

spoiler=Initiative]
barbazu-otyugh amalgam: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
[/spoiler]

Initiative order:

Duncan
Lucrezia - two arrows stick in the creature.
Barbazu
John
Andrea - Casts spell on Lucrezia's bow lasts 5 RD, bypass DR
Orsin

Rd1:

BATTLE MAP

unfortunately, the monster is not showing up on the map. He is large and taking up squares Y and Z, 33 and 34.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Whatever it is, Lucrezia will shoot at it with her arrows.

attack 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 +4 if evil outsider
damage 1 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 +4 if evil outsider
attack 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 +4 if evil outsider
damage 2 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 +4 if evil outsider

About to head out for a bit to take the kids to their pediatrician's appointments. May be out for a couple hours.


Evil GM

Lucrezia:
Is there anything special about your arrows? yes its an evil outsider.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Bless +1 Hit +1 Save vs. fear (3 minutes left)
Bard Song +2 Hit +2 Damage (If he continues singing)
Remove Sickness on Orsin and Lucrezia 47 minutes
Anti-Plague on Duncan,Orsin and John(+4 vs. disease)
Weapons against Evil on Lucrezia 5 rounds

Andrea will cast Weapons against Evil. on Lucrezia's bow/arrows when her turn comes up.

The weapons this spell affects each shine with pale light that dimly illuminates a 5-foot square. These weapons also ignore the DR of evil creatures that have DR 5 or lower as long as it is not DR/epic.Lasts for 5 rounds

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Just a few options for further combat rounds if I am not present.

On Andrea's next turn, she will move to the platform's edge and tap Duncan/John with her wand of Protection from Evil +2 AC and saves vs evil creature for 1 minute

If Duncan/John/Orsin/etc are injured, she will use her CLW wand to heal them 1d8+1

If either gets severely wounded, she converts a Lesser Restoration into Cure Moderate Wounds 2d8+5 healing

If everyone seems to be doing ok, she throws a holy water at the monster 2d4 damage +3 BAB/+5 if Orsin continues singing


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Evil GM

John you are certain this is a warped evil outsider, combination of a beard devil and otyugh (an aberration), the result of twisted magic. DR/silver and good, immune to disease, fire and poison; resistant to acid and cold and there is Spell resistance. A full round action can be deadly with multiple sword strikes, bite and 2 tentacles.


Evil GM

Duncan is out of judgments but he presses his attack.

Masterwork Alchemical Silver Battle axe PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 261d8 + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 = 11

he hits the beast hard with his Battle AXe.


Evil GM

The beast unleashes on Duncan.

longsword S1, Att1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 121d8 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
longsword S1, Att2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 51d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
The longsword int eh right hand misses both attacks.

longsword S2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 121d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

The second long sword with is more defensive in nature misses its attack.

The creature tries to wallop Duncan with its two tentacles.

T1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 201d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
T12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 241d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

It hits Duncan once for 4 HP of damage. John I assume you are next to Duncan so he gets your shield bonus.

John and Orsin have RD1 actions remaining.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Wow, what an active morning! Thanks for botting me, too!

Orsin begins to inspire courage on his turn.

I may be off for a few hours today, so here's my round 2 action...

If he is able to attack during Round 2, he does so:

Power Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Damage roll: 1d8 + 14 ⇒ (7) + 14 = 21


Evil GM

Initiative order:

Duncan -hit with PA 11HP
Lucrezia - two arrows stick in the creature. Hit 19HP (DR applied)
Barbazu -missed duncan with all but 1 attack for 4 HP
John- John misses .
Andrea - Casts spell on Lucrezia's bow lasts 5 RD, bypass DR
Orsin - inspires courage.

Edited

RD2

Initiative order:

Duncan
Lucrezia -
Barbazu - missed its attacks agaisnt John and duncan.
John - John hits for 17 HP
Andrea -
Orsin - moves up to attack the beast but misses

Updated BATTLE MAP

I still can't get the avatar creature to show up on the map.
Plus, orsin consider yourself lucky I forgot to take the AOO when you moved up.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will strike the creature with his silver mace.
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

Rd2
John will attack again
Attack with PA: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 1 + 2 = 17


Evil GM

RD2:
the creature will split its attacks against John and Duncan. The swords after John the tentacles after Duncan.

longsword S1, Att1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 191d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
longsword S1, Att2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 71d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

The longsword in the right hand misses both attacks.

longsword S2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The second long sword with is more defensive in nature misses its attack.

The creature tries to wallop Duncan with its two tentacles.

T1: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
T12: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 91d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Both tentacles miss Duncan.


Evil GM

Duncan presses his attack,

Masterwork Alchemical Silver Battle axe PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 271d8 + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 = 15

confirming Critical:

Masterwork Alchemical Silver Battle axe PA: 1d20 + 5 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 5 + 1 + 2 = 281d8 + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 4 - 1 + 4 + 2 = 16

The creatures dies and slumps into the filth.


Evil GM

Duncan will detect magic and he picks up one to John and the other to Orsin. "They be magical, need some time to identify them. The beast was fond of 'em." He then moves to the remaining spots of sludge which had a glow. He reaches down and finds a ring and a cold iron battle axe. Smiling at the battleaxe, "Warms they heart having a fine weapon in me hand."

There are three steps leading out of the sludge to two alcoves that contain the two stone chests.

Which on first the left or right one?

"Lucrezia ye want to come over and check these fer traps?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Might as well check the one on the right.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia goes to check for traps.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Disable device if needed 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
and 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

6,801 to 6,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.