Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,751 to 6,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19

Lucrezia looks about for any footprints. "I can check. Though the way this place twists about, she could already be infront of us from another twisting corridor."


Evil GM

Lucrezia you do not see any footprints.

The group moves past the "T" intersection and down the angled corridor. You see a short corridor that ends in door on the right hand side. Another slightly longer corridor on the left hand side with a door at the end. Then another door at the end of the corridor.

THE KNOT

Which way? Orsin's avatar disappeared on the map that is attached.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will check out the door on the right and then open it if it looks okay. She will then look into the room before entering. "Do you guys think we should open all the doors and look in before picking one to actually enter?"

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (20) + 12 = 32


Evil GM

Lucrezia you are absolutely positive that the door to the right is not trapped nor is it locked. The far wall of this otherwise empty chamber is fitted with three wooden doorways. The left doorway is decorated with
a carving of a book, the central doorway a carving of a glaive, and the right doorway a carving of an unholy symbol bearing a pentagram. Lucrezia has not entered the room, just looking.

KNOT with Lucrezia opening the door

Make a straight INT check.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

int 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:
As you study the decorated carvings on the doorways you realize that you've seen the glaive before it was the weapon the devil, you freed, was talking to, calling it "Anvengen's Edge" and the book looks like the one that you've found and have in your pack "Drowned Jabe". You have no idea about the third item.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan nervouslyshifts from foot to foot.
Well be DO need to get outta here if possible. We be on the clock remember.


Evil GM

What is the group going to do?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, since the name of "Drowned Jabe" keeps popping up, how about we take the door with the carving of the book on in that resembles the one we found of his book we found in that torture library?"


Evil GM

Are you going to head through that door?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

SUre, gotta pick one after all. :)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I am back!

Well we don't really know what it has in relation to the book we got but having a look through it couldn't hurt. Wait, considering where we are, it could hurt a lot but we might as well have a look.


Evil GM

Lucrezia touches the door while the others are behind her.

Lucrezia only:
When you touch the door that matches the one with Drowned Jabe his spiritual fragment alerts you to what room you found the book in, then it fades and shows the book in your backpack. The next imagine is your bedroom on the other side of the door. You sense if you step through the door you will not be able to get back.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia jumps back and bumps into the others. "What the hell?! Why is a ghost telling me this leads back to own damn bedroom??"

Lucrezia shoos the group back down the little hall. "Okay, let's try another room."

Lucrezia will lead the group back towards the door that had a carving that she didn't recognize and open it and look in before entering.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Evil GM

Lucrezia as you touch the door the others are behind you.

Lucrezia Only:
When you touch the door it shows you the island in the middle of the nasty lake. That image of the item remains up but a second imagine appears next the first one and it shows you your bedroom. You get the sense that if you walk towards the island you will go to the island. If you go the other way its a one way trip to your bedroom.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

It leads to your bedroom? Does that mean it is a possible way out of here?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I guess it would be a way out. Seems like this door leads to that island in the middle of the disgusting lake we where at earlier. Well, I guess I can check out the last door and see if it too will give me an idea of where it leads too."

Lucrezia goes to check out that last door, once again making sure to not actually go into it.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Oh jeez, we would be stuck in the middle of poo lake. I think we should skip that one.


Evil GM

Lucrezia as you touch the door.

Lucrezia Only:
You see the devil that you freed in his prison, he is talking to his glaive, that image changes to the First Level of Hell and the devil is slaying demon with his glaive laughing joyfully. A second image appears next to the battle and it is your bedroom. You again feel if you go through the image where the devil is located you will exit there but if you go towards your bedroom you will exit in your room. Both are one way trips.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

What did you see this time, Lucrezia?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"ARGH! Why is everything looking like a damn one-way trip?! That one leads us off to where that devil fella we rescued is busy killing some demon thingy. The only damn door that keeps us in this damn labyrinth is the one that leads to that stinking island. Though we have no way of knowing what is on that island or how easy it'll be to swim off of..."

Lucrezia gives a frustrated sigh. "Well, vote on a door or go all the way back through that damn maze again?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We still have a few more doors to check here correct? There is one at the end of the hall and that one to the left of it. Let's check those before before going for the lake.


Evil GM

yes there are several other rooms to check out. You past one recently, then there is the hall on the left and the door at the end of the corridor.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ok, let us just leave this for later and check the door on on the left. Andrea mtivates everyone to the left door.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Ok, let us just leave this for later and check the door on on the left. Andrea mtivates everyone to the left door.

Which door or room are you going to?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoops. The door in the hallway that is before the door at the end of the hall.


Evil GM

You enter the door and peek in the room and see another spiral maze that has one door. Are you going into that room?

THE REVISED MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Not the maze again! Andrea gestures to the door at the end of the hall. One more before we have to brave the poo lake. Let us do it. Andrea lets the front line look through.


Evil GM

Don't forget that there is one other short hallway that you all walked by. The "T"junction.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Does anyone want to go back or check this door?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia checks out that door by the "T"junction. "Yeah, I really don't want to go back into that maze just yet. That sneaky b!~!& might still be in there too..."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea ment the door at the end of the hall that extends past the door that leads back to the maze.

If we arn't going back into the maze, I think we should check this door out right here since we are right by it.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Check it first but go ahead. If these 3 doors are one way, that's a problem. We can get out o the knot but there gotta be a reason behind two o them leadin' to other places. Mebbe we need something off a the devil and the island.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well the devil is long gone and we don't know where he went so I don't want to end up a thousand miles away. So, let us open the door at the end of the hall and if that turns up empty we go back to the t-section that we passed over and then back to poo lake if need be.

Andrea lets anyone who wants to go first open the door. Just make sure there isn't some poison trap on it, Lucrezia. I'll keep watch on our rear in case that tiefling comes bak.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea uses a charge of the CLW on Duncan and John.

JohnCLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
DuncanCLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

She will also take out the caltrops she has been carrying around for just this sort of situation and scatter them on the floor behind them just in case that tiefling sneaks up.

Caltrops


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan jumps a bit at Andrea's prodding at his back.
Oi! Not that I ain't grateful, but ye should warn a body fore ye poke someone with a stick, healing or no.

He continues to grip his axe.
I know we be in fer a fight soon. Me beard's tingling.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I'm going to need a new one soon. Wands and scribing scrolls takes a big chunk of gold. I can enchant Lucrezia's bow to either be magical for 5 clock sweeps(Magic Weapon 5 minutes) or enchant it to pierce the hides of evil creatures like devils for almost one sweep(Weapon against Evil, 5 rounds). As well as a blessing for weapon skill(Bless) I can also summon a celestial dog or hawk to harry targets(Summon Monster 1)


Evil GM

Lucrezia you don't sense anything unusual about that door at the end of the hallway. As you open the door you see:

A wooden stairway, its risers carpeted in fine silk and its banisters carved of darkwood, descends into a lake of bubbling filth and olive-green sludge in this cavern. At the far side of the cavern, three natural stone steps rise up from the slime to a chamber of worked stone, its floor stained and slathered with strings of dried ooze and mounds of filth. Two alcoves to either side of this part of the chamber hold
stone chests.

THE KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Just chiming in before the boards go down.

Chests! Those could have what we need, and if Lucrezia is correct, there is a devil around here somewhere.

When everyone is ready to head in, Andrea will cast Bless +1 Hit and saves vs. fear for 5 minutes.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20

"This room does look promising."

After Andrea casts her spell and when everyone is ready, Lucrezia will slip into the room and look about for any traps or ambushes.


Evil GM

Everyone can make a fort save.

The wooden stairs descend 30 feet into a lake of bubbling sludge. This filth is similar to that in the water elemental's cave.

Duncan's Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Duncan sneers at the smell but stands steady.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
[dice=Fort]1d20+7

John you are nauseated.

nauseated:
Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move actions per turn.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Evil GM

Lucrezia makes her save. I'll give a bit more time on the fort saves, then I will DMPC those.


Evil GM

Duncan will cast detect magic. During the first round the entire room glows magical since it is magically comprised of shadowstuff. There are four a auras coming from within the sludgy muck. He points to the four areas. V33 and V34 then Y31 and Z32.
"t'me ti git wet...ain't fond of dat."


Evil GM

Lucrezia when you were looking around your see four eyes barely above of the muck blinking at Y30 and W30.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea steps in.

Fortagainstbarf: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Hurg. Not again.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia points down towards the muck with her bow. "Eyes! Four of 'em!"

6,751 to 6,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.