Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,701 to 6,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:
You saw a glimpse, or a vision, of two horrible creatures: one is pit fiend imprisoned that is breaking his bondage. He was laughing gleefully as his strength was swelling. You sense that this is a future event. The second is much more immediate and it involves some fusion of a otyugh and a devil, it is guarding the Crux. What you observed is overwhelming and troubling.

Lucrezia you need to rest and gather your senses for a few minutes.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Uhm...guys? I need to just sit for a minute or two. Just gota rest real quick, maybe let my eyes get back to normal?"

Lucrezia sits down on her ass and babbles for a minute. "I just saw the weirdest thing when I couldn't see. Well, a couple of things actually. One was a pit fiend in the process of breaking out of his prison and the other some really weird ass kinda mix of a otyugh and a devil and it looked like it was guarding that Crux we are after..."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea rubs Lucrezia's shoulders. Just take some deep breaths. Everyone else, keep an eye out for whoever attacked us, Lucrezia needs to rest.

Andrea looks around. This entire place is screwing with our minds, If we are going to fight another devil we should be ready.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Andrea wonders about the pit fiend.

I believe that is a powerful devil.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Shame the coward ran. Wasted a good spell.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Or maybe they are clever, there are 5 of us.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I confess, I'm starting to have my doubts about whether or not this was the best idea, Orsin admits. This place is made to be a death trap for those not already familiar with its design. Like a pirate's cove that can only be found by those who already know where it is. I fear we may have underestimated the danger we've put ourselves in.

The bard sighs, rolling his sword arm back and forth in its socket. The tumble he took before was by no means lethal, but it still smarted to all hell.

Still, we need to get back to the party before our absence is noticed. Lucrezia, let us know when you're ready to press on.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well that is the problem. We need the Crux and the Crux is somewhere in the Knot and we can only get it by stomping through this place getting drowned, slashed, drained, falling over ourselves and puking. If I had the ability I'd summon some creatures to retrive it for us but that is still beyond my ability.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

After a couple minutes of deep breathing, Lucrezia will get herself back up to her feet. "Hypothetical question: If we burn down the mansion after we are all done here, will that get rid of the entrance to here..."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Could work. Hmm..Of course we need to make sure, perhaps do a test run on another building. Andrea is joshing with Lucrezia.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Keep it down you two, Orsin playfully hisses, Granny's watching. The bard points to John with feigned discretion.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Oh my granny, that's a big sword you have there." Lucrezia then has a little giggling fit. Clearly this place is bad for one's mental state.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Just hurry up, we do need to return to the party at some point."


Evil GM

After a bit of light hardheartedness Lucrezia is able to get her wits back.

which doorway are you heading through #1 or #2?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

That door. Andrea points at #1 and drops her copper piece


Evil GM

THE KNOT

Everyone can make perception check.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks around, her eyes watering from the strange twisting shadows of the place.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Andrea's eyes blur and twist, making everything go out of focus.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Evil GM

perceptions over 14:
You see the attacker from earlier who is a tiefling, she looks back smiles and drinks something. She disappears from view and there is the sound of broken glass on the floor.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan spots the disappearing Tiefling and tries to catch it.
SHOOTER'S A TIEFLING. GONE INVISIBLE!

Duncan closes with the Tiefling, drawing his Tanglefoot bag as part of the move and tries to hit his foe before it flees

Ranged Touch attack Divine Favor should still be up (no armor to AC)1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 2 = 10

Total Concealment Miss chance 50%. Less than 50 is a miss1d100 ⇒ 63


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

attack 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
damage 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Not sure what the mischance is for hitting her, but feel free to just roll it for me.

"Tiefling b~%*+!" Futile or not, Lucrezia draws an arrow and lets it to fly where she last saw the woman disappear.

EDIT: Okay, after posting I see Duncan's post with the chances, so I'll go ahead and roll.

Duncan wrote:
Total Concealment Miss chance 50%. Less than 50 is a miss1d100 ⇒ 63

1d100 ⇒ 61


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When Andrea gets the chance(and it is clear that the tiefling is still in the room, or if when she strikes again) she will cast
Summon Monster 1 to summon a Celestial Riding Dog to use scent to locate it.


Evil GM

Duncan when you throw your tanglefoot bag, it passes through the middle of the chamber and goes upward through the ceiling. A few seconds later it reappears coming up through the bottom of the chamber and floats upward to the ceiling again. As if gravity has slowed and reversed in the middle.


Evil GM

Which way are you heading? Door 1 is closed, the tiefling headed to door 3. I have all your avatars in the room but you were not that close to Door 3, when some of you saw the tiefling. The whole room folding on itself and what not. I wanted to make sure you had your avatars in the room so you knew which room you were in.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I guess door 3 then?


Evil GM

Stepping through door 3, it closes behind the party. You don't see anything or anyone unusual.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So something going through the center of the room goes up the hole and reappears from the bottom. I guess that can save us from a tumble. If that tiefling is invisible, it will be a b~*@# and a half trying to find her. I saw we try to find another way out and keep our eyes and ears open for another crossbow attack and retaliate.

Andrea sketches in her map again and places a mark of ink on the wall.
Going that way. Andrea points towards door 2. Looks like it will take us back towards where we entered but it might not because of how strange this place is. Where should we go?


Evil GM

They didn't call label it Asmodeaus Knot for nothing. You all have done a good job, so far working your way through it.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

With only a mild case of Hydrophobia for Duncan and skyrocketing cleaning bills for all of us.


Evil GM

Dwarves and water do not mix well.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I'll say door number 2. Maybe if the doors seal up after us that b@$~# can't follow us?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Unless she is ahead of us. Very well, let us try #2.


Evil GM

When you enter the room the door shuts behind you and door number 4, also, is closing. Leaving only two doors to enter 1 and 3.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea points towards #3. That one is as good as any.


Evil GM

You enter the next room to find only one doorway. Door 3 closes behind you.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea bravely...has Duncan go first through door #2 first.


Evil GM

Andrea pushes Duncan and John through the door before her. Plying them with coy words of encouragement. You see three new doors, 1,3,4. The lights flicker and the knot trembles ever so slightly.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have a bad feeling about this. Andrea urges people towards #3. We need to get out of here.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yep. Ye think the tremblin is the balor breakin free?

Duncan, merely hopes Andrea has the right of here decisions regarding the doors.
Don't ferget the door.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I don't know. The while pit fiend thing could be something else. Lucrezia was pretty fuzzy on that. Andrea helps Duncan pass through Door #3.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I'm not used to getting visions ya know and they weren't too specific." Lucrezia follows the groups through door #3.


Evil GM

This strangely shaped chamber is empty of furnishings. A large, circular side chamber nearby contains what appears to be a weirdly flickering spiral staircase leading up into the shadowy shaft above. The door you walked through closes after you pass the threshold. It certainly appears as if the maze has ended.

KNOT


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Finally we are outa that damn maze. That was really starting to give me a headache."

Lucrezia looks about the room.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23


Evil GM

Visually there is a spiral stair which looks to be heading to a second floor but doesn't appear to be fully completed. There is a 30-foot-high shaft and stairway, half-real and consisting of partially complete shadowstuff, rises up to a dead end.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Maybe this place was growing into new rooms. Who knows how many more of those shafts could be forming themselves.

Andrea looks towards the hallway that leades 'east' Might as well keep going, don't forget our little crossbow wielding friend is still around I wonder if she is still back in the maze and will follow us.


Evil GM

KNOT UPDATE

The group comes to a to intersections. The first on is on the right hand side and is at a "T". The second is a hallway is at a 45 degree angle.

Which way?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods to the right. Might as well check out that way.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I vote 45 degree angle one


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well I trust Lucrezia's instincts on this one, so let us go to the angled hall. Say Lucrezia, can you see if anyone else passed through here with your skills? Maybe that tiefling ran ahead of us.

6,701 to 6,750 of 26,346 << first < prev | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.