Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,651 to 6,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea abuses Duncan with the wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

We need a wand upgrade.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Wand of Infernal Healing is garunteed 10hp per charge


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So I believe the line-up is Duncan,John,Andrea,Orsin and then Lucrezia. Off we go!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I played a LG eagle knight wizard who made frequent use of infernal healing. Its greater version is unbelievably good if you have time between encounters.


Evil GM

Are you heading through the door that Andrea mentioned?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I believe we all are.


Evil GM

This chamber lacks a visible floor and ceiling—instead, what appears to be an endless shaft stretches to infinity both above and below. A ring of stone stairs winds upward counterclockwise around the room’s perimeter, winding back on itself in a mind-bending twist that, impossibly, brings one back to the starting point’s elevation despite the fact that the stairs themselves seem never to change their ascent or descent.
Stone archways, some opening into other similar rooms and some sealed with stone, extend off from landings here and there on the ring of stairs.

This room is so disorienting everyone has a minus 2 on all DEX based skill checks.

Knot UPDATE


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ow, my eyes.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

I believe this was built by followers of the minor Deity Emmm See Escher


Evil GM

Andrea there doesn't seem to be a religious purpose to this chamber. It is more of the same twisted disorienting architecture.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So which way do you want to go Duncan?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

"Well, I guess we can check some of these other rooms and make sure that those sealed off rooms are actually sealed off and just not some concealed door."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea points at (2). How about that way?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin squiggles his index finger about in the air, shuffling a little in place as he orients himself. "That way looks like it's leading in the same direction as we would head in if we had managed to cross the lake." He scratches his head, "...I think."

Poor Orsin, I didn't think we has gonna be a little thick, but I suppose it gives him character.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well we might as well get going. Remember, we need to get back before breakfast starts. The mayor will drop a brick if he finds out we have been here. Andrea rustles everyone forward to 2.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Well, if everything leads back on itself, shouldn't matter which way we go.

Duncan shrugs and heads in the direction indicated by Andrea
Damn mazes.


Evil GM

The door the party enters through closes and disappears seamlessly once the group enters there chamber. Lucrezia can't even feel where the door was located, it is as if it never existed.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"What the hell?! Where'd the damn door go?"

After failing to find where the door used to be, Lucrezia turns around and examines the new room they are in.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Evil GM

As the group moves through the door Andrea suggested they enter another circular chamber that contains only one visible doorway. the door they enter through closes without a trace.

KNOT MAZE


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We might as well keep going forwards. Andrea points to the other doorway and encourages everyone forward.

Andrea also gets out some pen and ink and makes a few notes on it, Since this place is going weird on us, we better keep a map and mark where we have been so we don't get lost. Andrea puts a copper on the floor. Anyone here good at mapmaking? I can make a crude one but someone with a good hand might be better.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I ain't no cartographer, but yer coin is a good idea.


Evil GM

You enter the next chamber that has multiple doors. the Door you enter through closes leaving no trace of doorway.

I'm having map issues right now. your choices are Door 1, 2, or 3 pick one.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Door #1 A brand new chariot! Door #2 A mejor demon!

Andrea sets down another copper. Let us try door #1


Evil GM

You move into the next room. The door closes without a hint of a seam.
Your only choices are door #2 and #3

KNOT


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks at the two doors. "Wanna flip a coin for it?"


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Keep an eye on the floor fer your copper. Drop one in EVERY room. If we see a coin, we been here. Drop another one if ye see and old one and note what door we take. We can keep count if we go through the same room. Chalk might be better though.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I hope this maze isn't so big we end up using gold. Let us try #2 Andrea puts her coins near where the entrances are.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Anyone else getting flashback from the Labyrinth? :)

"Do we have any chalk? I'd hate to get confused if someone happened to have dropped a copper a hundred years ago in this place."

Lucrezia moves over to check door number 2 for any surprises as they go through it. Even though none of the doors have been trapped so far, she feels it's better to be safe then sorry.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have some ink still in my pot. Andrea makes a small dot near wear the door they entered was.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Meh, ink's not ideal, but I suppose it's the best we've got.

Orsin urges the group forward, taking cautious steps as he too scans the room.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So what do people want to do after this little trawl is done? we can go try to bag a Shadowbeast like we planned long ago, or spread more of the info that Lady Gruilos talked to us about.

Andrea runs her finger down one of the walls, placing a mark of ink. Plus there is still the matter of the dead merchents like Henrei Stoutpour who we found in the sewer. Need to have a little discussion with his 'partner' about that.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan raises an eyebrow, One thing at a time lass. I already nearly died here. Let's focus on getting outta here first. Sides ain't we sposed to get inta this lodge? That's why we're looking fer the key.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yea, you are right. We don't know how long it will take us to get into the lodge though. I think we deserve a break from all the screaming and hacking.

Andrea considers as they move through the new door. I think we should have a look at the key ourselves before just handing it over. We have earned that right I think by the blood we've shed. Areal really hasn't been impressing me with being such an armchair Imodaeian. He sends us off to get mangled and lose good people while he gets to stay in the safehouse because he is the 'leader'. I think Janiven would be a much better canidate to head the CoW since she knows what it is like to shed blood for the cause.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Noting that Duncan is no doubt Duncan is turning red in the face again, Andrea just sighs. Never mind, just ranting again. I tend to do that a lot these days. Andrea heads through door #2


Evil GM

After you walk into the next chamber the door disappears. Andrea places her ink mark to note where the door was located. There is only one door way exiting this room it seems as if it is at a great distance. There is dark clothed humanoid there who shoots a hand crossbow. The shot is at Lucrezia. After the shot the figure steps backwards out of the doorway and view.

hand cross bow: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d4 ⇒ 4
plus a fort save.

The group notices the bolt looks like it is warped in view as it moves across the room.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Init1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

What the hells?
Duncan ducks and tries to get a casting of Divine Favor in so he can charge the newcomer.
Off to bed for 6 hours. Dmpc me as needed. Duncan has buffed now, tactics are stick near John for AC and 1 hand PA.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

fort save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Did I make it? :)

"Ow! What the f+&$ just shot me?" Lucrezia takes a moment to yank out the little bolt to see what it was.

"Think that fella wants us to blindly charge after his ass? He may have something nasty waiting for us in that next room..."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Wait for us Duncan!

Init: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Unfortunatly, Andrea seems to be lost in her own little world again.

Andrea will tap Duncan with her wand of protection from evil (+2 AC +2 saves) if he insists on running ahead.

Off to work, will check in when I can.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you feel a burning sensation flowing through your blood, your body radiating heat. As your hand reaches out to steady itself. Your balance is off sightly, then the feeling subsides.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Everyone stay close, we don't know what could be out there!" Orsin barks, gripping the hilt of his longsword. He readies himself to inspire courage in the event of cry havoc.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Damn it, I think that bastard is using some kinda poison on those bolts."


Evil GM

The ambush was a hit and move tactic. I assume that you all are continuing towards the doorway, this room is slightly different than the others that you've been in you don't seem to be making quick progress towards the remaining exit.

Will saves everyone.

No need to roll initiatives, I'll do that.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea gathers her will Will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 But seems to come up short.


Male Dwarf Warrior 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Awesome Will Save1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Add +5 vs Magic!!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

will 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 +2 versus enchants


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15+2 vs. Demons


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

With combat imminent, Andrea prepares. She swats John on the butt and then turns and kisses Lucrezia.

Time to get the blood pumping as we fight for our lives!

+1 Init! ;)


Evil GM

Will Save was DC13, Duncan can add his magic bonus. Lucrezia is the one who failed.

There is magical effect to this room, The shadow stuff is bending and rolling more than in other rooms.

The group manages to get through the next door, which closes behind you. Lucrezia looks pale, her eyes are glazed over see is in trance. There is nobody in the next room.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks over Lucrezia. Lucrezia! Can you hear me?!

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Andrea racks her brain to see if Lucrezia has fallen under a spell from their attacker or the room they were in.


Evil GM

Lastest Map

Andrea it seems like Lucrezia is under a spell. Then her eyes refocus and she snaps out of the effects, clearly dazled and lost though.

The creature is unable to see well because of overstimulation of the eyes. A dazzled creature takes a –1 penalty on attack rolls and sight-based Perception checks

6,651 to 6,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.