Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,551 to 6,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I do wonder where the "Exit" door leads to."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Only one way to check out, let's go. Perhaps we might convince our little infernal healer that we are not sick or in fact sent by her master?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Do you think it'll try to stop us if we try to leave out the door if it's not convinced? And just how powerful is an imp like that anyway?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea shrugs. I don't know. Imps are familiars to wizards and arn't that powerful, but they do have special powers I belive.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yeah, Bugger im. Little sot can do to the lower planes.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Before they head out, Andrea attempts to trick the Imp. Actually we were testing you. Your master sent us to inspect the Knot and see if everything was still going well and asked us to check in with his faithful imp! You have been continuing his curing ways excellently and we will give a glowing report back to him. We just need to check out more of the Knot and then we can return to turn in our report.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Nice.


Evil GM

"Master trusts no one...leave without answers you do...figure out yourself...Master back soon...don't trust anyone...pretty one's wanting, report good things to master...tell him I find cures...you failed and will perish ...no answers for you...nope...nope..." the blathering invisible imp appears to be agitated. "Did you get Anvengen? doesn't look it...let devil go with his soul...nope, nope. Drowned Jape's reward...' heheheeh


Evil GM

When you open the doorway with the Exit sign, written in infernal, you see a long twisted tunnel descending deep into the knot that resembles the other that one you recently encountered.

Everyone needs an Acro check of DC15.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods as the imp goes on and scribbles on a parchment. Yes, yes. This will be excellent. Andrea makes the little crazy indication with her finger to the others . Thank you very much for your help. We will say you were very helpful.

Andrea whispers to the others.It does seem to have given us some important information. Remember that book we got called Drowned Jape's reward? That might be useful. I don't know about Avengen or the devil though.

When everyone is ready, Andrea makes sure they are roped together when they head into the downward sloping tunnel

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 17

Whooa....


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

acro 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Acrobatics1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 3 = 11

Reflex1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Evil GM

Duncan you slip and fall prone gliding down the long tunnel. You take nonlethal damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1 Fortunately, you did not fail by more than 5.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Thx


Evil GM

John and Orsin still owe their acro check. If they fail make Reflex save.

The twisted stair ends at a wide, circular chamber of thick yellow sludge—a lake of disease and decay over fifty feet across. An island of filth, broken weapons, dead bodies, and worse floats in the center of this chamber, the walls of which loom nearly a hundred feet above and appear almost as half-melted walls of some grand cathedral.

I need everyone to make DC14 fort save.

The Knot

It looks like the maptools deleted the player tokens this time.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea's stomach attempts to flip-flop

fort save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

*FLOP*

Might be getting a flash-back here.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

fort 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18


Evil GM

Andrea you are nauseated this round.

nauseated:
Creatures with the nauseated condition experience stomach distress. Nauseated creatures are unable to attack, cast spells, concentrate on spells, or do anything else requiring attention. The only action such a character can take is a single move actions per turn.

Everyone needs to make another Fort save at the top of their turn each round that you are in this room.

The fluid in this lake is thick and slimy, the consistency of half-clotted blood or fresh, not-quite-set pudding. There is an island in the middle.

THE KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

BLARG!!!!!.

Andrea loses the remains of her past meal, maybe throwing up a little mouse skeleton.

Nonononon!Noono! Andrea goes pale and scurrcies backwards.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (12) - 4 = 8
*Slip*
Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Evil GM

Outstanding...John was at the end of the line! Everyone make a reflex or Acro check which ever one is higher.

John you need to make reflex save.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13

I was going to suggest tying the rope off but wouldn't be surprised if the imp cut it at a critical point.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

G'ah, he is like an armored bowling ball I am sure...

Reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


Evil GM

yep he is like an iron bowling ball tumbling down hitting all those pins.

Andre and Lucrezia each tumble down.

Andrea nonleathal: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Lucrezia nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Cue the music!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Why am I so filled with fury lately? I feel rage at this entire city, at Areal, at the mayor and all those filthy nobles who watched us burn and bleed. I remember when I used to be so cool-headed and would just press my lips together and glare at anyone who angered me. Now I just want to set my shed blood aflame and burn all those who have wronged me.

I still want some stability, some warm center for myself. A hot meal and bath, a soft bed and arms to hold me..

Gah! I'm so pathetic.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

HOLY VINDICATOR OF REVENGE!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Make yer fort save vs. tossed cookies.

Really need some CHA boosting if I want to focus on channeling. That bonus channeling item is 10k for +2d6 I believe.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Reflex: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Fortitude: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Orsin suddenly turns into a mess of human being, falling all over himself and vomiting with unprecedented abandon.

Ugh, things are not looking good for our heroes.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Rolling while vomiting and being run over by a full plate mailed fighter!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Reflex: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I can't tell anyone of course if I want to do it, but I think I could do it. Some skins of oil and a few summoned fire elementals would start a good fire at that cursed theatre where the Trials took place. Just wait for everyone to leave and set it alight. Satisfy the Sting, why should I grin and bear it?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

You could take the extra Traits feat to get sacred conduit (+1 to channel DC) and another trait (I reccomend Magical lineage for the CL hit from HV)


Evil GM

John is eventually able to stop his slide before he gets into the sludgy water. nonlethal damage to john: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Orsin tumbles and stops his slide but not before taking a little damage. nonlethal: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Andrea, Orsin are sick. Duncan make a fort save.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Cough Cough Hack! Andrea mouth is full of bile again. What is with all these sewers? Let's get the heck out of here.

Andrea struggles to her feet and backs away from the sludge


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fort1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Nobody said bein a hero was clean work.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's stomach cramps violently as it struggles in vain to further empty itself. The bard takes labored breaths between moments of dry-heaving.

"Let's just get out of here. Please."

He backs away from the sludge, his steps in measured time with Andrea's.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Really, what is it with this...lake? This is a hundred times worse than the Westcrown sewer. No telling what we will suffer if we try wading through. IF we can wade through. I say we very carefully go back up and try a different door, maybe even through that room with the sphere of chains.


Evil GM

The watery sludge near where you are standing begins swirl around. Suddenly, a large spinning column of mucky water breaks the surface.

Initiative:

water elemental: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Initiative:

water Elemental
Orsin
Duncan
John
Lucrezia
Andrea

RD1 Begins:


Evil GM

Initiative:

water Elemental
Orsin
Duncan
John
Lucrezia
Andrea

current order after John's slide. Duncan, John, Andrea, Lucrezia, Orsin.

The elemental reaches towards the shore to hit Duncan. Its a narrow passage and it is using its reach to hit. The elemental is at I37-39.The maps shows I37 and I39 as half squares so that is why it is filling that entire area. Because it is tight where it is attacking it will not get a full attack unless it gets more room.

slam: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

The water force slams the flat footed dwarf.

KNOT

The player tokens are not copying on the map, sorry about that.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The crap is attacking us!

I think the order of the group position-wise would be Duncan,Lucrezia,Andrea,Orsin and John.


Evil GM

John slide down the tunnel and upended you and Lucrezia. That is how he is second now.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

knowledge planes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
John tries to identify the creature.
If there is no way to get in combat range with the elemental, John will pull out his bow and shoot.
Attack with bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

If there is room to move into range, John will instead attack with his longsword.
attack with PA: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12


Evil GM

John there is not way to get in range with Duncan there. The tunnel is curved too making it worse.

John:
You know they are immune to paralysis, poison, sleep effects and stunning. They can't be flanked or critical hit. You know they can put out both nonmagical and magical fires. They can create whirlpools and gain bonuses for water combat.

They tend to be guardians.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"No one get into the water with that thing, it is stronger in the water and can make a whirlpool."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Is the tunnel right against the lake or is there a 'shore' that two can perhaps stand on?


Evil GM

one person only.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan is Already in combat with the Elemental, so no time for him to cast. The dwarf remembers his near drowning though.
Back up! Back up!

He invokes his last judgement for the day.
1 hand PA, judgement 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 - 1 = 13
1hand PA1d8 - 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) - 1 + 2 = 8


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea, gagging. Backs up with the others. Lucrezia, try shooting it.


Evil GM

Duncan's attack misses. Are you all backing up?

6,551 to 6,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.