Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,501 to 6,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Bah, just a lesson ta stay away from water.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you are confident that there are no traps on the door. The door is identical to the others you've seen in the Knot.

Those were some horrid save rolls by Duncan, Andrea and Lucrezia. It sort of spiraled out of control.


Evil GM

The walls of this twisting circular tunnel are of smooth polished gray stone, shimmering with moisture and sloping downward at a sharp angle.

I need everyone to make 15 ACRO check DC15 as you proceed down the tunnel.

How close will you be to one another going down the tunnel?

KNOT UPDATE


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Yes, yes it did.

acro check 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

*sigh*


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Haha, NICE.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Before heading down.

I believe we should rope ourselves together when going down. Hopefully there is no pool down below.

Andrea helps tie everyone together in case someone slips...Like Lucrezia. ;p

Wouldn't be the first time there were complaints about the dice roller. Just check the feedback/website section.

Slip sliding away?: 1d20 ⇒ 9 Derp

We might just need to invest in belts of Swim/Acrobatics/Other after this. Andrea will also buy a hammer and spikes. An 'euipment pool' that has some mundane equipment that we put into and draw out of can be helpful.


Evil GM

Andrea and Lucrezia make REFLEX saves DC17, Duncan you are at DC19 since you have two sliding into your legs.

Orsin and John can make strength checks to see if they can stop the sliding.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Andrea's foot shoots out but she manages to right herself.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Reflex1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

Duncan, a true example of Dwarven stability, holds his ground and remains upright.
Shoulda lowered us one by one...

Finished last nightshift and had to drop kids at school. Sleep now. Bot as needed. Should only be a couple of hours.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

reflex 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
There goes my plan to sled down the slope on my tower shield.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You could put spikes along the top edge and ram stuff.


Evil GM

The group stops itself from sliding down the sloped tunnel. At the end of the tunnel can hear what sounds like a distant, beautiful voice singing wordlessly in a low, rhythmic chant.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Let's check out the singing


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Awright, be careful now, voice could belong to a damn mermaid or something!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Can ya think of any kinds of devils that sing?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea ponders. Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Andrea gets out her crossbow and loads it.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks over at Andrea. "Good idea" She then draws her bow and has an arrow at the ready.

Perception when we go through the door 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan Readies his Axe.


Evil GM

Andrea it would not surprise you if some type of devil sings but you don't know of any type specifically. You've heard there are some beautiful ones such as an Erinyes but you have no idea if they sing.

As you turn down the the corridor you notice a side passage and the voice is echoing from that direction. There is the typical door you've seen throughout the Knot at the end of the hallway.

Since you are following the sound are you turning down the side passage or are your continuing straight towards the wooden door?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lucrezia, would you be able to sneak ahead and look?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
stealth 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33

"I can certainly try." Lucrezia attempts to sneak down the side passage to locate the source of the singing.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

If ye find trouble. Scream an I'll come runnin.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you blend well into the corridor. You see...

A circular pit takes up much of this room. Thirty feet above, dozens of strange shadowy stalactites descend from the ceiling, their lengths transforming after a few feet into iron chains that descend into a tangle of chains suspended over the center of the pit below—the tangle wraps and suspends what appears to be a mutilated humanoid body at its core. Many chains dangle from this sphere into the glowing red depths of the pit below, but several chains float and writhe in the air like strands of
seaweed in a churning tidepool, the tips of each fragmented and flaking away in bits of rust.

THE KNOT


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Backing away slowly and quietly, Lucrezia returns back to the group and relays what she had seen and adds: "This place is seriously f#!!ed up."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hmm.. Let us go further down the hall and look throught he door before we risk..whatever that thing is. Andrea points to the East(?) towards the door that lies at the end of the hall that goes past the hall leading to the chain wrapped body.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods in agreement. "That room looked like a good damn place to avoid if at all possible."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

OK, girl, if ye like. Keep together them, there may be something bad behind us then.
Duncan moves foreword, allowing Lucretia to scout if she wishes. Perhaps it was nearly dying but the dwarf was being cautious.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's grip on his blade tightens as he listens to Lucrezia's description. He hums softly to himself as the group mobilizes, trying to drown out the persistent ominous chanting.


Evil GM

Lucrezia backs-up and group makes their way towards the door at the end of the hallway. It is like the other doors in the Knot.

A junction in the hallway presents multiple methods to progress. A wooden door sits in one wall, while a rough, cave-like tunnel winds away to the side. Opposite the door, three stairways proceed—two leading down to the left and right and one leading up in the center. Wooden signs with writing on them hang above the entrance to each flight of stairs.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea reads the signs.


Evil GM

The signs are written in infernal for those who have that language:

Infernal Signs:
The sign above the stairs leading to the left reads “Arachnophobia,” while the sign above the stairs to the right reads “Ophidiophobia.” The central sign above the stairs leading to area B16 reads “Observation.”


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea reads the signs for everyone. Stairs to the left lead to 'Arachnophobia' stairs to the right lead to 'Ophidiophobia' central signs reads 'observation.

Andrea ponders. Left sound slike spiders. No doubt flaming devil spiders considering what this place is. I am not sure about the Ophidiophobia. How about we try the observation room?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods. "Observation does sound like the safest choice. That gets my vote for where to go next."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Right, let's go then.
Deciding they hard a majority, Duncan stomps of in that direction. Starting to regain his confidence after his close call.


Evil GM

The long stairs lead to a small 20 by 20 square room.

The wooden walls of this room are painted a somewhat nauseating yellow color. In one wall, an oak door with a large lock on the handle stands, a message burnt into the front. Likewise, hanging wooden signs bear messages as well, six in all, each hanging over a stairway leading out of the room. Ruined heaps of what may have once been chairs and a table lie scattered over the floor.

KNOT MAP


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Andrea, can you read these signs as well?"


Evil GM

The messages on the door and signs above the stairway are written in Infernal. The one on the door reads, “Abandon All Hope.” The signs over the stairways each bear a single word written in Infernal—“Exit” (B13 and
B19), “Arachnophobia” (B14), “Ophidiophobia” (B15), “Hematophobia” (B17), and “Pyrophobia” (B18).

Coming up the far stair well is an imp, who is mumbling to herself. "Must wait...must wait...back sooon...back sooon ...promised he did." The imp is startled to see the group but is not caught surprised. When the imp sees you she turns invisible. Then in a shrill voice she calls out, “You poor things! Suffering so from such baseless fears! Please, step into the therapy chambers and face these terrors. When you’re cured, bring me your prizes and I’ll pronounce you cured. You want to be cured, don’t you?”


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

I applicable, Andrea mentains some details about Imps.

She thinks we need to be cured? I think there might be something wrong with her. What do you others think? Andrea directs her question to her group.


Evil GM

Imps are devils who willingly serve spellcasters as familiars, imps play the role of dutiful servants, often granting their masters cunning advice and infernal insights.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

We're in agreement. Perhaps the imp's master has fled this place and the creature is now in the grips of insanity? Orsin whispers in reply.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

To Andrea and the group: "I think that imp flew over the cuckoo's nest."

To the imp: "Little one, we would prefer to speak to your master about our fears, how should we address him when he returns?"


Evil GM

"No...no ...no, you must get beyond your fears. he will return soon...go to the rooms get the gems ....and your fears will be answered."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"What gems?"


Evil GM

"The gem in each room...silly. Resolve your fear...get the gem...bring to me...don't you listen?" there is pause, "the pretty one must have lots of fear, she can't hear things."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well. Andrea says in a rather skeptical tone. I guess we can check out a room if it 'gets us cured'. How about the pyrophobia room?


Evil GM

"yes...yes. go through solve your phobias but you must do them all, if you want to be cured...yes...yes."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Well let's at least prepare for what we're gonna face. I'll bet ya a few pints the Pyrophobia room is gonna get us burned or sommat. This place looks to be a torture setup of some sort. Should we really just do what the imp wants!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Quietly to the group: "Is there any reason to actually do any of these phobia rooms? The imp is obviously nuts and doesn't even know where it's master is."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea whispers to the others. You know, you are right. This reminds me of that whole play thing where we get mangled for someone's kicks and giggles. Let's just ignore it and try one of the doors that doesn't lead to the rooms the imp wants.

6,501 to 6,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.