Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,451 to 6,500 of 25,175 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Duncan:
Add another 3 to the constitution check for when you were paralyzed. Paralysis has you helpless but I didn't start the immediate drowning effects. I'll just add to the save on the back end here otherwise your character would be dead.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

DM:
Thanks. I have a backup ready to go, but I do like Duncan.
I am still stuck so rd 4 save is DC16
Fort1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Crap. Duncan is unconscious. Next round -1, after that Dead.
I'll get my fighter ready. You can sort with the rest if I die.
Duncan's replacement could be a dissousioned guard.
I'll get the build for your approval. Basically a TWF. Optimised for melee but with no magic or other goodies. Should be a bit less overpowering than Duncan


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

next round for Lucrezia swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
perception if needed 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
and she does have that magic dagger out if she notices anything.


Evil GM

Lucrezia assuming you use your entire action to swim, you catch up to Andrea's feet. You notice the thrashing is diminishing and the rope is still tight. Your fingers come up to a hook that the rope is caught under. Swim 1/2 speed is a full round action, quarter speed is a move action.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Ok, then I guess next round I will cut the rope if Andrea doesn't have it loosened by then?
Guess there's no rules for a quick sharing of air.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea tries to undo the rope.
DexDC10: 1d20 ⇒ 1

Of course


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Bangs head against wall at Andrea's roll...


Evil GM

You can hold you breath double your constitution if you took breath before entering the water. Duncan was helpless when he it the water so he is not quite double constitution for holding his breath. However, I didn't hit him with the immediate drowning effect either. If you find him, I will permit your to try to share your breath.


Evil GM

Duncan:
time for another save.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

DM:
Really? Thought after I went unconscious that it was just time.
Fort DC171d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Duncan is Neg 1


Evil GM

Duncan:
Unconscious characters must begin making Constitution checks immediately upon being submerged (or upon becoming unconscious if the character was conscious when submerged). Once she fails one of these checks, she immediately drops to –1 (or loses 1 additional hit point, if her total is below –1). On the following round, she drowns.

Duncan wasn't unconscious but he was unable to take a breath too. I couldn't find a rule that covered this situation, so I thought I'd do a modified rule to try to help you out rather than kill you off.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea attempts to share breathe with Duncan if possible.

More rolls?

Per: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 6


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21


Evil GM

Andrea you don't see Duncan.

Make DEX roll to see if you can loosen up the rope from the hook. If you don't get the rope loosened the Lucrezia will cut the rope.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Dex: 1d20 ⇒ 15


Evil GM

You have the rope unhooked but you don't feel any more thrashing coming from below you.

Duncan:
Make another fort save

Andrea and Lucrezia make another swim check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Swim: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Life is tough at 10 str


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

edit: will I ever roll above 10 again?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

DM:
Judgement doesn't work when unconscious.Fort save DC 181d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Evil GM

Lucrezia you pass Andrea and find a body with beard on the bottom of the pool, the body is not moving.


Evil GM

John and Orsin feel the rope has some slack and they can tug. Duncan's body lurches up a bit.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea clamps her mouth over Duncan's while pinching his nose and breathes into his motuh

Calistria! I'll bear the child of whoever you want if you spare this man such a stupid death!


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"John, whatever snagged the rope is gone, pull harder!"

Feeling the rope slack a bit, Orsin renews his grip on the rope and pulls with greater force.

Strength: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Strenght: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Evil GM

The rope slips a bit in John's hand but Orsin tugging holds it sturdy. It feels like something, or someone, has applied some weight to the rope.

---
Andrea breaths some air into Duncan's mouth.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
John tries again to pull up the rope.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Back from dinner

HUFF! PUFF! SWIM!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

swim 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
strength check if needed? 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
getting better

Lucrezia grabs hold of the body, prays it's the right one and starts swimming towards the surface as fast as she can.


Evil GM

Lucrezia and Andrea emerge gasping for breath with a limp Duncan. John and Orsin tugging on the rope manage to get all three to the side safely.

What are you doing?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

What? He's between two hot chicks like us and is still limp?

Lucrezia helps get Duncan back up onto the walkway then turns to Andrea. "Is he still breathing?! Still alive?! Can you do anything for him?!


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

GET US ON THE LEDGE!

Andrea helps drag Duncan out. Lucrezia, you are a sailor and know how to help people who have been drowning right? we need to get the water out of him!

Andrea uses Stablize on Duncan and then works to clear his body of water.

heal: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

ArgghhH!

Andrea turns Spiritual weapon into Cure Moderate Wounds
CMW: 2d8 + 5 ⇒ (1, 7) + 5 = 13


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Good point. Do I have any idea with how to deal with drowning victims?
Profession sailor? 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

GM:
Baldwin, did Duncan make it?


Evil GM

yes Lucrezia you know how to deal with drowning victims from your sailor days.

With Andrea's cure spell and Lucrezia helping to expel the water, Duncan coughs out water in a giant gasp for breath.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea's hands work with Lucrezia's to force out the water. When Duncan vomits up the water and gasps for air, Andrea slumps next to him.
Huh..Hah...Damn..Almost..Almost..lost another..


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan's Eyes pop wide and he rolls over and vomits up a lungfull of water.

After a minute or two of coughing and Hacking, he looks to the two women.
Seriously ladies, ye gotta buy a dwarf a few drinks before getting THAT personal. Ha,ha,ha,ha. *coug*Did we win?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Srk..Hahaha..Snurk.Hic.Hic.. Andrea starts hiccuping and sobbing, wrapping her arms around herself...


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia collapses back against the wall of the chamber in relief. "Thank the gods we got you out in time."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin rests a comforting hand on Andrea's shoulder, "Well done, dear. Well done both of you." He gives a thankful nod to Lucrezia as well.

"Welcome back, Redhammer. We nearly lost you there for a moment."

Orsin will quickly scan the area with a detect magic spell and looks about for any signs of danger.

Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea takes a few deep breaths and composes herself, nodding in thanks for Orsin's support. She then pulls out her wand of CLW and taps herself before using it on Orsin and Duncan.

CLWme: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
CLWDuncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLWDuncan: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
CLWOrsin: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Evil GM

orsin the enter room itself has a magical aura but that makes sense since its a demiplane.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Who here is still suffering from the attacks of the shadows? I have two Restoration spells and we better up up to fulls trength.

I am down 1 CON and 1 WIS from the effects of the howlers and Blood Reaver. Anyone need help?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I'm fine, when everyone is rested, I suggest we move on."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Casts a Lesser Restore on herself to fix her weaked health

Healed to full

Ok, I am ready. Let us continue.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan coughs again. I could do with couple o taps a that wand still girl, if ye don't mind.

The dwarf doesn't wait for an answer regathering his gear and straightening himself up and stamping about to shake out cold Iimbs.


Evil GM

Here is a reminder of what the room description.

The domed ceiling above this large chamber sags, with long mildewy strips of wood paneling hanging down from above like drooping branches. A large pool of churning muddy water fills much of the room, flowing down a trough further into the room between a pair of slippery stairs to gather in a smaller pool beyond. Dozens of bones lie scattered along the five-footwide ledge that surrounds the pool.

There is door at the far end.

KNOT MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Duncan got 13 from the CMW and 11 from the previous two taps of the CLW wand.

Andrea taps Duncan again with the wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Evil GM

What is the group going to do?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Back from dinner.

Huf..Ok. Let us go through the door. Andrea points to the door at the other end. Standard marching order I presume Andrea moves with the group.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Here, let me jump line to check it out first. I'd rather Duncan not have spring any traps after going through all that. Though I'm sure he could handle it just fine if he did."

Lucrezia checks the door for traps as well as keeping an eye out for any other dangers.
perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31

6,451 to 6,500 of 25,175 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.