Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,301 to 6,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Being a Vampire he could still be around. Yet the nobles apparently don't fear the night. Could he be in power here somewhere?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

In the Knot? I very much doubt it. No doubt he is laired somewhere in the city. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has some nice posh lair.


Evil GM

Ilnerik came back to Cheliax to provide a service to Westcrown, when he was called to do so - he and his shadow beasts would guard the night, and those that remained inside would be safe. Those that were unfortunate to be outside are dealt horrible fates. Sort of ironic that he was called back to Westcrown, where he once left in a fit of jealous anger." He yawns widely. "You provided me with a valuable service and I have returned the favor...find the Chelish Crux...it is with The Outcast King here in the knot." He points to the flickering lights and shifting shadow stuff, "Hell's becoming...not this week, but in the near future by those those energy spikes. My obligation for your service is now fulfilled." He will cast greater teleporation.


Evil GM

Duncan if you detect magic again on his cell you will understand that there was an arcane spell cast in the cell. A strong dimensional lock spell, you will also see a faint conjuration spell inside each cell. Basically, the cells acted as ring of sustenance to keep the inmates alive.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea blinks as the devil teleports away. So at least we have some information on why this whole debacle happened. PLus this Knot may be where Hell breaks through in the future. Andrea shrugs. So the Shadowbeasts are supposed to be here? The previous mayors or someone in power in Chelix arranged it all?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I wonder what the other part of the relic did, he never explained that. We should start checking out the rest of the cells. The Outcast king the devil mentioned was probably a prisoner here."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yes, let us check the other cells. As for the other half of the relic, since the bat thing seemed to have something to do with Ilnerik's vampire and shadow powers, the other half might have something to do with light since it was an eagle head of gold.


Evil GM

The other cells contain the mummified corpses which do not rise to attack. There is the sustenance spell cast on the cells so the occupants did not need to eat, drink or sleep much. However, it did nothing to prolong their age.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Hmmm. Old victims of past powers. Namu. Andrea claps her hands in a short prayer. We might as well check the door to the south. Andrea indicated the door to the 'south'.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Awright, let's keep looking


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When the group gets to the southern door, Andrea will suggest Lucrezia look it over.


Evil GM

As you progress you find yourself at two separate doors. I placed you at the last one. My maptools has a gremlin, it is not exporting all the token with the map for some reason. Only Duncan shows up on this map. Duncan, Orsin, Andrea, Lucrezia, John in that order.

The door that you are looking at does not appear locked. It looks like every other door that you have come across.

KNOT


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well let us get ready for whatever lies behind there. Hear anything, Duncan?

Once Duncan is ready to go through, Andrea will ready a charge from her wand of Protection from Evil to cast on him if there are hostile beings in the next area.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18
Disable if needed 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22

Want me to wiggle up past ya'll and check out the door before we open it?" If the answer is yes, Lucrezia does so.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

*wiggle wiggle* Yes.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Okay."

*wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, yeah.*


Evil GM

Andrea is all for you wiggling...watch out for those friendly fingers stretching as you *wiggle* on by.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

See anything on the door Lucrezia? Or hear anything?


Evil GM

Lucrezia you don't see a lock on the door, not does it look trapped. The door is the same sturdy design found throughout the knot, so far.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Okay, the Paizo site is finally working for me again.

Orsin lets Lucrezia by so that she may better examine that lock. He reflects on the devil's tale. "Who was the fiend referring to when he said that the crux was with 'The Outcast King'?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I don't really know. It could be meow a kind of guardian of the Knot who keeps it safe. Wouldn't be surprised since whenever we try to do anything we get into a fight.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

At museum with family


Evil GM

You see a domed ceiling above this large chamber sags, with long mildewy strips of wood paneling hanging down from above like drooping branches. A large pool of churning muddy water fills much of the room, flowing down a trough further into the room between a pair of slippery stairs to gather in a smaller pool beyond. Dozens of bones lie scattered along the five-footwide ledge that surrounds the pool.

KNOT UPDATED

John's token did not show up on the map. He is pulling up the rear. Darn gremlins.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Lucrezia peers warily into the water, wondering if there is anything unpleasant in it that will jump out at them.


Evil GM

Given the narrow ledges that surround the pool how is the party proceeding? In a straight line or are they breaking into two smaller groups and walking on both ledges with the pool in the middle?

You ever get the feeling that there is no correct answer to a question. One of those S%@~ moments in time?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

I vote for the two groups


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks at the bones to see if they look fresh/chewed on.

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Let's keep together and head down one side.

Going to work, be a bit spotty.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Yep. Help each other along one ledge I think.

Duncan casts detect magic and scans along the pool and the ledges for 3 rounds apiece.

I'll look fer magical auras that might be on magic traps first. Then if ye want lecrezia ye can go first an check for mundane ones.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods. "Thanks, I would like to check ahead for any traps or weak or slippery spots that could send any of us down into that murk."

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea is all set. Perhaps we should tie ourselves together in case one falls? I am not very sure footed and don't want to tumble down to god's know hwere.


Evil GM

Is the group going to tie a rope to one another.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Do we have enough rope to anchor ourselves in case we all fall in?" Orsin looks over the ledge, fairly disturbed.


Evil GM

The water is filthy, a mix of mud and rot, and smells foul. Although the water constantly flows down in to the lower pool, the water level above does not deplete and the water below does not overflow. This appears to be another twisted kink in the realty of the Asmodean Knot.

Where are you at when you begin to tie the rope?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Not a bad idea. Though if something comes at us from up ahead or jumps up out of the water at us, being tied together could hinder out fighting abilities."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Tie one end to the door or John and Duncan can take the lead with the rope tied to himself since he has excellent stability. We then help each each other along the ledge. Aid another John can anchor the rear since he has great strength and heavy armor.

This sound good?

I also have this pole we can use to prod the water 10' pole, don't leave home without it Would Duncan like to prod the water?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Sure lass, Gimme yer pole! And get whatever foul thoughts ye got outta yer head.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You wound me. Andea teases and hands the pole over to Duncan.Just drop that thing if something objects to being poked.


Evil GM

Is it still Duncan, Lucrezia (I thought she was going near the front to check), Andrea, Orsin, and John for the marching order? and you your going left or right?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

That sounds like a good marching order to me if everyone is ok with it.

One way looks as good as the other unless Lucrezia sees soemthing wrong with the ledges. So left?

Andrea casts Guidance on herself and Lucrezia and Orsin as they move across. (+1 on one roll of your choice)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Yep, sounds good to me."

"I don't think I see anything wrong yet, so left sounds okay to me."


Evil GM

Lucrezia you don't see any differences between the ledges, neither looks excessively wet. There is mildew on the paneled walls and some on the ledge.

Everyone can make a perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perceptionpreparefortrouble!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Andrea grips her morning star tightly.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sometime earlier in the day.

To Lucrezia:
I'm considering leaving the group once we deal with the Shadowbeasts. Fiosa and I have discussed adopting Emily, an orphan we rescued from the area where The Bastards laired. So focusing on raising her would be most important and I don't want Fiosa to have to deal with trying to explain to Emily why I won't be coming home because I was killed. Andrea sighs. Don't know why I feel I have only you to talk to. Duncan is dependable but this isn't something he deals with, John I still hardly know sonce he rarely talks, Orsin is a gentleman but again I don't know him well.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perceptionmakeitdouble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

All up to Duncan and Orsin it seems. Orsin might want to use the +1 I gave him from Guidance.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Oh great, it's up to the one person the dice really hate. We are all doomed!

Andrea's and Lucrezia's previous conversation:

Spoiler:

"Well, it might not be quite the topic that men feel comfortable with. Ya know, talking about feelings and raising kids and such. Are ya maybe feeling guilty about wanting to have a life of your own when there might still be more to be done even after the Shadowbeasts are gone?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Lucrezia

Spoiler:
Maybe. I'm resenting things because we've lost two of our group for this mission while Areal gets to sit and plan and benefit. I've lost a lot for this and don't want to lose more but feel dragged along since Fiosa is so devoted to the idea of freeing Westcrown. Yes, I do want a life of my own and feel a bunch of guilt and think that perhaps helping here can alleviate it but I can't help but feel that we are chasing after something that keeps getting yanked out of reach. Andrea seems to ramble a bit, her thoughts hopping from various topics. A lot on her mind.


Evil GM

Out of the water pops four humanoids with long, sharp teeth and pallid flesh stretched over starved bones. One is significantly larger and it is closest to Duncan.

Know religion.

Initiative:

Lacedon ghast: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Lacedon: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Duncan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
John: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Initiative:

ghouls
Duncan
ghast
Andrea
John
Lucrezia
Orsin

Current MAP

I haloed the Lacedone ghast in red. I haloed the Laacedons in megenta. Although you don't necessarily know what the creatures are yet.

RD 1 begins

I'll be offline most the night to watch the presidential debate.

6,301 to 6,350 of 26,346 << first < prev | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.