Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,251 to 6,300 of 26,346 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Let us check the door on the left. I doubt that any living prisoner is going to be in a happy place.

10' Circle of Prot. from Evil still up.


Evil GM

The third door on the left is an empty cell, and the bolt locking the door is not engaged. Andrea you are standing in front of the cell being described.

The moaning continues for the last door on the right.

Knot Cells


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

All the other cells empty, except for that last one? Best get ready in case another nasty in in the last cell.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts Detect Magic to look for Magical Auras on the door. He focuses for 3 rds, hoping to at least get a feel for a magical trap.
Then he examines it for mundane traps.
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10


Evil GM

The entire space glows strong magic (conjuration:creation). You only see the bolt sliding into the wall, you don't notice any mundane traps.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

That's the door up by Duncan right? I think Lucrezia is too far away to search it herself for traps.


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

That's the door up by Duncan right? I think Lucrezia is too far away to search it herself for traps.

Correct


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I don't think it's trapped, but Shinon took an axe fer thinkin the same. Everybody move away.

Giving everyone time to back up first Duncan opens the slide, (he has his axe in hand)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea hops back.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia readies her bow in case something bad jumps out of the cell.


Evil GM

The sound of the bolt sliding seems like a trumpet announcing your arrival. There is brief pause as Duncan finishes, then the door bursts open, "Yes, Avengen's Edge will have its way with the captors. Szasmir must stay...No, no Szasmire must go attack...kill...Szasmir needs to kill the filthy captor."

A wild red eyed bearded devil kicks the door open. In his hands is a smoky red crystal glaive. "Freedom!", bellows the devil. The tip of his glaive in the doorway. Thrusting towards Duncan.

Devil vs FF Duncan: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 211d10 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Striking him.

bleed damage at beginning of Duncan's turn, unless he does DC15 Heal or cure: 1d4 ⇒ 4


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoops, I wonder if this one was in the play.


Evil GM

The creature looks wildly a the group after he strikes Duncan. "Yer not Vheed?" Somewhat confused with the faces he is glaring at.


Evil GM

Initiative:

Devil: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

Initiative Order:

Devil
Orsin
Lucrezia
John
Duncan
Andrea

RD 1 Begins


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Duncan did say to bot him so I dunno what will happen next.


Evil GM

The devil hesitates just a slit second, "BACK dogs...BACK!" His glaive clearly pointing at Duncan, he eyes crimson in color. "BACK up and we have no reason for death." His voice cracking a bit towards the end of his command, "Yessssssssssss, kill 'em, they are Vheed's agents....yessssss, kill them precious...yes, yes." He mumbles to his smoky red glaive.

He holds until someone takes an aggressive action.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I think he wants to leave? Is that it? You want to get out of the Knot?


Evil GM

"I want to kill Dargentu Vheed first!" He hisses back at Andrea.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Was he an elf? We found a dead elf back at the entrance, stabbed to death.Quick description. If that wasn't Vheed, maybe he is further in the Knot.

Any check needed to recognize the name?


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Was he an elf? We found a dead elf back at the entrance, stabbed to death.Quick description. If that wasn't Vheed, maybe he is further in the Knot.

Any check needed to recognize the name?

local, history, nobility, or a straight Int becasue you all have heard the name before.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Int check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Evil GM

Andrea:
You remember that Dargentu Vheed was one of the three mayors of Westcrown following the Thrune rule. Specifically, he was the the second mayor.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The second mayor of Westcrown following the Thrune rule. I think he vanished somewhere.


Evil GM

"I WILL FIND HIM, HE CAN"T HIDE!"


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan, seeing combat is perhaps not the first option here, uses the conversation to take out and drink a potion of CMW.
2d8 + 5 ⇒ (8, 1) + 5 = 14

Was that why ye were called? T'kill the old Mayor?


Evil GM

He hisses, "He called me and we worked together....he crossed me and bound me." He steps out of the cell lowering the glaive slightly. "Old mayor?" He looks odd at Duncan's choice of words.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

The current Lord Mayor is Aberian Arvanxi, third mayor. I forget if the second mayor vanished according to city lore. I don't know if Vheed is dead, elsewhere in the Knot, or comewhere else entirely. Maybe he is still down here. Hmmm.. Maybe we can use this thing. Andrea thinks. Might be worth while at least taking a look around the Knot before you go. There was nobody back where we came in.

Diplomacy to convince Devil to check out the Knot: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia nods along with what Andrea is saying. "She's got a point. We know Vheed isn't the mayor anymore and that we haven't seen any living people other than us since we've come in. He could be hiding in here somewhere."

Bluff 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Evil GM

sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"If he's in the knot, I'll find him." He looks around, " Avengen's Edge will cut out my foes heart, so I can dine on it with a juicy Infernal Red to wet my palate." He snarls, then vigorously shakes his head, "Vheed must be dead...he would not give up power."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Well done, Lucrezia and Andrea!

"Let's be off then."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well lets go find him or his corpse. We're looking for something called the Chelish Crux and that is pretty much all we need. Andrea points to the south hall that leads to a door. That leads further into the Knot I believe. So, non-interfeance agreement? We'll let you have your crack at Vheed if he is still down here or have his corpse, and we will just continue our search for what we need. What do you think, Duncan, John,Orsin?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan shrugs.
Never known a Devil to break a fair deal or a slight. If he bound ye then ye're welcome t'drag him back t'the hells. We freed ye, so find yer satisfaction with him and ye should be unbound t'return home. We'all nae interfere if ye afford us the same.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Kicking myself for not looking inside first!!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Always look in the box. Or in this case cell...


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
Kicking myself for not looking inside first!!

Yeh, I figured you would be. He thought you were his jailor and he took the opportunity.


Evil GM

He steps outside his cell and uses his foot to close the door. with one hand he strokes his beard, it's unkempt, his red eyes bulge as he considers the proposition. He takes in a deep breath..."Freedom,...I don't smell or taste his living presence in the knot." His eyes focusing on the party.

"A Chelish Crux you seek?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yes. We need to to lift a curse on the city. Beasts made of shadow prowl the streets and the Crux will aid us in achieving this goal. It has been placed in the Knot and we seek tor ecover it.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Do you happen to have any knowledge of such a crux?"


Evil GM

"The darkness you speak of began in the months before the death of Aroden when two pathetic Pathfinders, Donatalus Bisby and Ilnerik Sivanshin came back from a 3 year exploration of the Mwangi Expanse. The only two survivors of over 50 original expedition members." He laughs. "They discovered what should not have been. They found a trinket or what you may call a relic." He looks over at the bard, "This relic consisted of two interlocking parts: a golden bird's head and an obsidian bat's head."

Does this interest you?


Evil GM

He grunts when he gets to about 15 feet from Andrea."Put your protective circle done lass, I will not harm you we are parlaying." Likewise, he puts his glaive in a non threatening position with its point up towards the black ceiling. "I've been imprisoned a long time...sensible chatter is welcomed."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

History not being a topic she's very knowledgeable about, Lucrezia remains quiet for a bit to seen if any of the others recognize those names or the description the devil gives.

Lucrezia also gives the devil a good looking over. He doesn't seem much the worse for wear after being imprisoned for a while and she wonders how the old mayor managed to trap him.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods and cancels her Magic Circle against Evil.

Indeed, it does. Andrea looks over to Orsin to see if he recognizes the names. So this artifact was the root fo the problems with the shadowbeasts then.


Evil GM

"It is the source of the problems you could say." He is noticeably relieved by Andrea dropping the circle.

"The two Pathfinders were thought lost when they reappeared with their fantastic story. Donatalus receive much praise ant he other, Ilnerik grew jealous and broke the relic in two, before he fled to Nidal. Care to guess which half went with Ilnerik?"


Evil GM

Care to guess the significance of the two halves?" His inquisitive eye beams with curiosity. "or are you just pretty faces with weapons?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Golden eagle and bat head. Light and dark. Ilnerk took the bat head.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan continues to listen intently, never taking his eye from the devil. He keeps his Cold Iron Axe in hand but let's his arm hang with the blade near the floor.


Evil GM

"Good...good. Ole Ilnerik journeyed towards Nidal and each day his flesh burned in the sunlight, unable to sleep at night and useless during the day. The same day he crossed into Nidal, he crawled into a hole and died. Ironic that was the same day Aroden died and Cheliax was thrown into chaos." His claws flex.

"Oh...don't worry, Ilnerik rose again the next moon. Since then he has learned to bend shadows to his will and he learned about the real power of the bat head relic - once a sacred treasure of a now-dead demon lord of the bats and shadows named Vyriavaxus." He spits when he mentions demon lord and then again at Vyriavaxus' name.

"Still interested?"


Evil GM

There is flicker in the green glowling light and the shadows shift. The devil smiles, "Oh, it feels like Hell is about to erupt soon." He grins, "Don't worry, Hell's fury is still harnessed for the time being. You have some time to find your precious Chelish Crux."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia looks about worriedly as the lights and shadows shift about. "I think that I'd rather not still be in here if Hell does decide to erupt."

She'll look back to the devil. "What do you know of the real power of the bat head relic and of what it did to Ilnerik?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea ponders.

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Sounds like Ilnerik became a vampire, and shadow bending no doubt means that he was able to summon the shadow beasts to plague Westcrown?

6,251 to 6,300 of 26,346 << first < prev | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.