Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


6,101 to 6,150 of 25,186 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>

Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin's growing infatuation with his Pathfinder Chronicles has increased his interest in other books as well. He grabs a valuable looking tome off the shelf and peruses its contents.

Appraise: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea takes a stab at the books of stabbing.
Appraise: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

I am still a bit fuzzy so can't figure anything out about these.


Evil GM

Orsin you pick up a book entitled: "The Joys of Pain"

Chapter 1: Needles
Chapter 2: Piercing
Chapter 3: Carving of Flesh
Chapter 4: Flaying
Chapter 5: Dissection

and so forth.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Wow, they even have pictures! Is that watercolor?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I think it might be ink wash..."

Orsin says, absentmindedly perusing the book's vile lessons. The horror of the events haven't fully dawned on him yet.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Meh..Doubt we would get anything worth the trouble for selling them. I don't want to have to explain to Gerald where I got these. Anyway, we have a door to check out.


Evil GM

The books have plenty of value and in Westcrown there is a kinky fascination for these writings.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin shovels the books into his handy haversack, following shortly after to investigate the door with the others.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Oh right.. The Mayor and all those nobles who watched the play would looveeeee these.

Andrea puts some into the haversack.

Heh. I think once everyone gets haversacks, we can be assumed to be able to handle all treasure issues.


Evil GM

Orsin there are a lot of books. That whole three hallways have a book shelf lining.

Everyone can make another perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

If we have time we can come back and empty the entire place.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Evil GM

Andrea and Duncan you see a new book with a title in common: "Drowned Jabe and His Miserable Brothers and Sisters." It looks brand new and is lavishly illustrated on a quick review.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Wow, here is a keeper. Andrea tucks that away.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"That book looks fairly new. Do you think that means the mayor visits the Knot regularly?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea skims through the book. It could be. No doubt he has a way to avoid the howlers and is going to be pretty pissed the enxt time he comes in here and finds them dead.


Evil GM

Andrea as you skim through the book it tells a tale of thief who came into a place called the Asomodean Knot and drowned there, only to live on after death as "Drowned Jabe."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hmm...This is odd. I wonder if this means those who die here get a personal story about it. So we might find a deep pool and an undead creature. Anyway? Shall we move on?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea bravely leads the party to glory!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

knowledge local 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
If the book is new maybe the drowning happened not too long. Does Lucrezia remember any particular thieves name Jabe?


Evil GM

Lucrezia you never heard of this Jabe guy.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea yawns and strecthes and gnaws on a snitched muffin.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

After her breakfast, Andrea gets everyone assembled at the door and ready to plunge further into the knot.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia is ready and willing to plunge ahead with Andrea. She keeps her eyes open for any potential traps.

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Evil GM

Lucrezia opens the door leading from the chamber of the hallways. The door opens into a boggling chamber is a square shaft, the walls featuring a spiraling stone stairway that winds up to the left and down to the right. Yet following the stairs with the eye as they wind up to the left, impossibly, brings one right back to the initial landing. There is no floor below or ceiling above, only an endless shaft dropping away into a dimly lit infinity. A second flight of stairs leads up to one side of the room into another hallway, while a third flight descends down in the wall opposite into yet another hall.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Uhm, this chamber is making my head hurt. Shall we go up or down?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Arg..Let us try down. I guess this is the Knot we have been told about.

Andrea keeps her eyes peeled.


Evil GM

You find that this room is disorienting, so much so that anyone who looks upon it suffers a –2 penalty on all Dexterity–based skill checks. As Andrea urges the others to head down by taking the right staircase.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Not sure that it matters girl. Down?

Duncan was keeping a firm grip on his axe and guarding thier front. He didn't want to be caught unaware in this place.

Changed my 2nd level spell to Surmount Affliction since no one objected and I hadn't cast a spell since leveling


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well let us just see what this room looks like. Andrea looks around the platform the are on to see if there are any noticable features.[/b]

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Andrea's head is way too woozy. Guh..


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26


Evil GM

Taking the stairs down you begin to realize that the impossible stairway is one of the Knot’s more twisted sections. No matter what direction the you go along the stairs, they end up at the same location they left without any apparent change in elevation. The room appears to fold in upon itself, exist in the same space. The demiplane at its weirdest with the normal laws of science.


Evil GM

The center well looks like it is bottomless and when you look up, it has not end.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Well if the damn stairs go nowhere, let's check another room


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"No, I think this is the right way. They wouldn't have put this in for no reason. There must be a way through here."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

S++~..what? Andrea is very confused. Let us try the second flight of stairs.

Mobius strip?


Evil GM

You all suddenly see two mirrors of weird black metal hang on the opposite walls of this trapezoidal room. Strange shadowy figures writhe in the mirrors, and they do not seem to reflect light as much as absorb it.

Everyone make one perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea's eyes water as she looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 5/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Ok to roll Orsin's perception?

Orsin Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Dice gods say NOOO! It is not ok!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Awesome perception rolls everyone.


Evil GM

DM ONLY:
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26

Other than the metal metal mirrors the group doesn't see much in this dime winding room when the surprise attack comes.

Spoiler:
1 Duncan, 2 John, 3 Andrea, 4 Orsin, 5 Lucrezia
2d5 ⇒ (5, 4) = 9
Lucrezi and Orsin get attacked. Disregard the total number

The dark withing wisp taht can barely been seen, both look vaguely humanoid in shape.

touch attack against the FF, Lucrezia. Str damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 181d6 ⇒ 3

touch attack against the FF, Orsin. Str damage: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 91d6 ⇒ 3

Know- religion and/or know-planes, if you have it.


Evil GM

Initiative:

shadows: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Andrea: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (12) + 0 = 12

Initiative:

Duncan
Shadows
John
Lucrezia
Orsin
Andrea

RD1 Begins.

Knot Updated

You see there is an exit much lower down but you don't seem to be making much of gain in your movement. You can no longer see the doorway that you entered. The creatures that are attacking are incorporeal and clinging to the wall.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin narrowly avoids the dark wisp's attack, maintaining his grip on his blade as he does.

Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

What the hell is this thing?!

On Orsin's turn, he begins to inspire courage: +2 bonus to weapon attack and damage rolls for everyone on round 2 (and Andrea round 1)!


Evil GM

Orsin you have heard of creatures from known as Shadows from the shadow plane. This makes sense to you since the demiplane is partially make of material plane and shadow stuff. You don't have much knowledge on how to fight it, only that it is incorporeal and has no physical shape. Its touch is deadly zapping strength and passes through armor, shields and natural armor.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Orsin you have heard of creatures from known as Shadows from the shadow plane. This makes sense to you since the demiplane is partially make of material plane and shadow stuff. You don't have much knowledge on how to fight it, only that it is incorporeal and has no physical shape. Its touch is deadly zapping strength and passes through armor, shields and natural armor.

Knowing this, Orsin also takes a five foot step away from the shadow creatures when it comes time for his turn.


Evil GM

Pretty odd the avatars did not show up on the map. Weird.

6,101 to 6,150 of 25,186 << first < prev | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.