Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,951 to 6,000 of 25,179 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>

Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Well, I totally didn't that to happen.
Can Lucrezia see or hear anything?


Evil GM

Please only Lucrezia to read:

Lucrezia Only:
A long corridor extends from a pair of dull metal doors. The walls, floor, and ceiling of this hall are paneled in gray wood, including several empty alcoves along each wall. No source for the dim illumination is apparent. Shadows seem to dance at the corner of the eye in the alcoves, and a soft, barely audible whispering floats in the air of this strange place. What appears to be a slumped over corpse dressed in tattered robes lies heaped on the floor between the closest alcoves.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
At a loss for what else to do at the moment, Lucrezia goes over and inspects the apparent corpse. Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

What the hell have I gotten myself into now?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan sees Lucrezia disappear and gives a start.
Dagnabbit! What gave the damn girl a stupid idea to touch it. Resting ain't an option no more. We just gonna hafta find her and get ta a safe spot wherever she went.

Duncan lays his had on the door and doesn't resist....


Evil GM

Lucrezia only:
This is a dead elf with pale skin, long white hair, old scabs on his fingertips where his nails once grew, and an emaciated frame. The cause of death seems to have been several stab wounds to the chest and belly. The elf is dressed in wizardly robes and clutches a scroll in one hand. Two other used magic scrolls, their faces blank and useless, lie nearby, as if used just prior to death, and a well-made and well-used haversack is slung over one shoulder.

This is what you see with your initial roll.


Evil GM

Duncan you hand disappears and there is a tug as you disappear.

Duncan:
A long corridor extends from a pair of dull metal doors. The walls, floor, and ceiling of this hall are paneled in gray wood, including several empty alcoves along each wall. No source for the dim illumination is apparent. Shadows seem to dance at the corner of the eye in the alcoves, and a soft, barely audible whispering floats in the air of this strange place. What appears to be a slumped over corpse dressed in tattered robes lies heaped on the floor between the closest alcoves.

You see Lucrezia kneeling down examining the corpse.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin:
Well, no sense letting gear go to waste, may as well take what I can find since I have no idea what may be useful here.

Lucrezia takes the scroll from the dead elf's hand and then takes the haversack, taking a moment to peak into it to see if there is anything left in it.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Baldwin/Lucrezia:

Fool of a Girl. What were ye thinkin .
Duncan scolds as he walks over, his Silvered Axe in Hand. He appraises the body, looking for anything else the dead elf may have, even turning the body as needed.
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Better hope this elfie was carrying a damn key or something to get out.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"DAMN IT people!" Orsin curses. He releases a sigh and draws his blade as he mutters, "Into the belly of the beast...again." He reaches up and lets himself in as well.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Baldwin/Duncan:
"I was just checking to see if there were any normal locks on the door. I swear I had no idea I'd end up wherever the hell we are now."


Evil GM

Those who have stepped into the belly of the beast read my spoilers to Lucrezia and Duncan, so I don't have to repeat it. (power surges, I'm going to log off for an hour or so and let this pass)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Needless to say Andrea is pissed. John..give serious consideration to staying behind so you can punch Areal in the face after telling him what happened.

Andrea touches the door and follows in.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

What the hell is going on? We need to get back out of here now!

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Andrea looks around quickly, her mind trying to find any clues in the surrounding area.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Will leavin be that simple? If so we're blessed fools


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well there is only one way to find out, do you want to touch the door again or should I?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Unless Duncan pulls her back, either verbally or physically, Andrea places her hand on the door they came through and visualizes/says Attic of (Whatever the name of the mayor is)The Folly and tries pulling or pushing.


Evil GM

Andrea read the previous spoilers so you know what your looking at when you arrive.

Your spellcraft roll does reveal that the two blank parchments were more likely then not used scrolls. The scroll in his clenched hand you can't read with your know - religion, looks arcane to you.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

That looks like an arcane spell scroll in his hand, those other blank parchments don't look like they were scrolls.

Andrea looks down the hall and looks at the acloves. We still need to get out of here. Andrea tries to open the metal doors.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan tries to ID the scroll
DC20+Spl level, Spellcraft 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

And looks inside the Handy Haversack....
Not t'disrespect the dead but do a thorough search o the body. We're gonna need everything we can find if we run into another Devil like the last one.


Evil GM

Duncan you realize the blank parchment on the floor are used scrolls.

You do recognize his bag as a handy haversack. There are an assortment of miscellaneous, parchments, various arcane scrolls, a pearl, inks and quills, a a small coin purse.

---

Andrea your see the doors that you came through and at the other end of the hall are two double doors. Between the two ends of the long hallway are several alcoves.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Nothing immediately useful. Anyone else want a look?

He holds up the gear should so the others can check.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John watches as everyone else leaves into the knot. Knowing that they might need him, he follows them.


Evil GM

John go ahead and read the last few posts especially the ones with the spoilers. That will describe what you see.

John when you step through the portal Andrea is standing there looking a the doorway. The others are huddled around a dead body down the long hallway.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Let us check those out after we leave.

Andrea opesn the doors that they came through(Or presses against it if need be) to see if they lead back into the attic


Evil GM

Andrea presses on the door and pops out into the secret chamber.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea presses back into the Knot. It leads back to the attic! we can get back and forth easy. (I think)


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Really? Let's get out o the dragons den then and come back when we are in some condition t'fight.

Duncan gets up and hands the gear back to Lucrezia.
We should all get what rest we can. Ye can store all yer shoppin in this. Don't forget the All night if ye need it.

He makes a ladies first bow, wanting to be last out.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea leaves The Knot, before she heads down, she closes any doors behind them and once down in the guest wing gathers Tweaker's possessions together and puts them in a sack for Lucrazia to take back to town.

ANdrea then gives Lucrezia all her gold and then goes to sleep.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan leaves the knot watching everyone's back.
Upon return to their rooms makes sure Lucrezia has the handyhaversack.
Ye can carry a hecuva lot in this. Here's 500 gold. Buy what ye can. Another wand o healing and maybe a wand o Protection from evil. And one more tanglefoot bag would be nice. Just get what ye can


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia gathers up everything in the haversack, including the gold and then and takes note of what everyone wants her to try to find. She'll head where Andrea told her to.

Does Lucrezia have any trouble leaving?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea gives 200 gold. I doubt you will be able to buy any more wands since they are expensive. Right now we need Potions of Lesser Restoration and Healing, or scrolls of the same.

Andrea sighs. If you see Fiosa at the temple please ask her for her wand and apologize for me for being a goblin-giver once again. This will save us some money.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

Lucrezia gathers up everything in the haversack, including the gold and then and takes note of what everyone wants her to try to find. She'll head where Andrea told her to.

Does Lucrezia have any trouble leaving?

You shouldn't have any trouble since it is at dawn and you are on important buisness. Just say you will be back for breakfast.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Zzz...M...Zzz..Snore..Oh comon Fiosa..Zzz..He is only six foot seven..Zzz...Those Shoanti men..SNore..have such endurance..Zzzz.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin follows the others out of the Knot and back to his chambers, falling asleep within moments of falling on the bed.


Evil GM

The next morning Lucrezia is able to exit the mansion after reassuring the staff that she will be back shortly. The short walk latter she is able to get to the safehouse where Arael,Janiven and Fiosa taking the information. They are both visibly upset. After a few moments to reflect, Areal will go and get a small box of potions. (5 CMW) Fiosa will gladly hand over the her CLW wand nervously giggling at the goblin giving reference.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan rises and makes his quiet prayers to Ragathiel.
Dark Angel, strengthen me arm and me soul to carry me friends through this. Fer me 2 friends lost already fer this cause, help wreck yer vengeance upon those responsible fer the night menace and bring some of heavens light to this dark place.

When he has finished his prayers he takes some morning calisthenics in his room and skips breakfast. No doubt there would be plenty of gluttony at the lunch and if he was to play his part he'd need to eat.

He readies his usual assortment of weapons and goes to See Andrea.
He knocks on her door. Ye awake, girl?


Evil GM

Lucrezia you are able with Janiven's assistance to find shop to get a few items.

The purveyor listens to your request for items:

3 potions of Lesser Restore( 900 gp)
3 Antiplague (15o gp)
3 antitoxin (150 gp)
(these are to help defend Lucrezia against traps)
6 holy water (150)
(Vs any more devils)

He has a partially charged wand of protection from evil

charges: 1d50 ⇒ 23

The merchant will offer the wand for half cost 325GP.

He begins to twist with his crooked fingers his long greasy tangles of hair black hair. His toothy smile sending a shiver down your spine.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

At the merchant's smile, Lucrezia wonders if something unpleasant happened to the last owner of the want, but she takes it anyway. Thanking Janiven for her assistance, Lucrezia will then hurry back to the mansion with her handy haversack full of useful items.

If she makes back in time for breakfast, Lucrezia will grab a quick bite before going upstairs to take a nap and hopefully get back another con.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea awakens at dawn, feeling somewhat better after last night's fight [ooc}Everyone remember to heal on ability point[/ooc]. She kneels
and prays.

Savored Sting, Lady in the Room. Help me lay waste to those who have shed the blood of me and mine. FIll me with passion so I may return to my oasis and drink deep.

Andrea responds to Duncan.Yes, I am just finishing up. She rises and prepares to return to The Knot. Standing near the door when everyone has assembled.

I suggest anyone who has used a potion of Lesser Restore to take one. Lucrezia can take the anti plague and antitoxin and use one before she works on any traps since they can protect her from damage. Everyone take a vial of holy water to toss as well.

Andrea takes the CLW wand. As well as a vial of holy water and a potion of CMW Duncan, since you can use Protection from Evil as well, you can use the wand to help yourself at the start of a fight, but I will keep hold of it if you want.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Ye carry it, Wasp. If there's time, I'll get a bump of ye before afight. I gotta feeling it's gonna be a long night and I'd rather have me spells fer Divine Favor. I'll take a potion though. Ye can carry the holy water. I'll be in front swinging me Axe. Lucrezia, ye want me Tangle foot bag. I'm thinking yer a better throw than me.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia downs one of the lesser restore pots 1d4 ⇒ 4
Yay, that plus some sleep will get me to full. :)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Before everyone heads into the Knot, Andrea gives everyone a big kiss for luck.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan accepts a peck on the cheek, trusting in his legendary Dwarven constitution to protect him from whatever Andrea's lips throw at him. ;)
Bah, don't get all touchy on me. I ain't interested. Now are we going after the knot this morning or better wait till after the damn opulent meals again?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin rejoins the others after awaking from a hazy, nightmare-filled dream. His head aches slightly and he struggles to keep the vestiges of last night's banquet from repeating on him. He is unusually silent as he sets about his morning routine, but shortly after waking he is able to regroup with the others, appearing as neatly polished as he always does.

Orsin smiles weakly when Andrea pecks him on the cheek, giving a quick nod of thanks. His sword gently thrums with the pulse of arcane magic as he anxiously grips the hilt, itching for a fight.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

We have until noon to explore the knot. Since we woke at dawn we have a few hours before we have to eat ourselves stupid again.

Andrea finishes passing out the items(Orsin and John get a potion of CMW and a holy water) and stands at the entrance to the Knot. I am all set to head in. She will follow the group in when they are ready.


Evil GM

The small coin purse contained 21 PP, (1)100GP diamond, (1)100 Topaz, 57GP


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

That's quite a bit for a small coin purse.

Lucrezia accepts the good luck peck from Andrea and makes sure her armor is on right and that she has all her weapons ready. She'll also accept the tanglefoot bag from Duncan.

"Well, I guess I'm ready when the rest of ya'll are. "


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Let's go.

Baldwin, sent you a PM


Evil GM

When you step back into the knot the dead elf is exactly where you left him. This is long hallway that has 8 alcoves, each alcove appears to have dancing shadow wisps. The walls, floor, and ceiling of this hall are paneled in gray wood. There are two doors on the far end made of stout gray wood.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Ok, let us go to the doors. Everyone keep your eyes peeled.

Andrea casts Detect Poison as an Orisin and looks at the doors at the end of the hall. She will move with the rest of the group.

5,951 to 6,000 of 25,179 << first < prev | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.