Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,801 to 5,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'll assume we got the door shut?

Then we kill it here. I got something to help

Duncan casts Divine Favor and pulls out his Tanglefoot bag.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I believe devils can teleport as well. Such as when it first appeared and then appeared in another room.


Evil GM

As Duncan and John hurry back out of the room, they slam the door shut. Breathing a bit harder now.

It's probably poor house guest form to trigger some spell that conjured a devil into the house, then leave it be to roam the household.:-)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

No doubt it would be made welcome and offered Hors d'œuvre

I have holy water that can be tossed but nothing specific against devils other than the silver weapons we have.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Stop talking and make yerself invisible, girl


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea promptly does so. *Poof* 4 minute duration.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin recasts heroism when Duncan suggested they all refresh their buffs. He draws his sword before asking, "Andrea, do you have one of your bless-ings prepared?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I do not, near everything I prayed for was in regards to chatting it up more at the party. I can convert them to healing however. Damn, writing scrolls is going to put me in the poorhouse.


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

Duncan is first. AC next to john is 22.

Upon seeing the Devil Before them.
Knowledge: Religion1d20+5
Knowledge DC is 10+CR8. Success.
Blood Rever. Back up now.

Duncan will halt in his tracks and and shut the door. Reaver is medium, so doesn't threaten unless he closes. In any case he evokes his judgement (+1 to saves). Devil goes before Duncan.

If he makes his save vs Stunned and closes the door...1d20+7
DOWNSTAIRS. NOW!

Duncan the stunned (su) ability only applies when he hits you with his dire flail. Although I will let you use that save for against its Siphoning Aura (free action).

After you hurriedly close the door, there is sound 15 feet down the steps, near Lucrezia. As the blood Reaver has teleported onto the steps.

I need Orsin and John to each make Fort Save DC15 for the bleed damage, failure means one point of constitution loss. I added the weakened template which adjusted the save down, making it a bit easier for the group. The save comes before any buffs can be added to the party members.


Evil GM

RD1:

Initiative Order:

Blood Reaver Devil - teleported 15 ft down the stairs

Lucrezia -hold

John -

Duncan - made his Fort Save for blood siphoning.

Orsin - cast Heroism.

Andrea - cast invisibility on herself.

I won't count the withdraw out of the room as your move action this round.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
John will move up to the devil and strike it with his silver mace wielding it with two hands.
Attack with power attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Evil GM

John moves 10 feet down the stairwell and swings at the devil missing widely. His silver mace smashing the side wall.

John for clarification: the group heard a noise in the north attic, you, Duncan and Orsin were the first three through the doorway. There was the holy cow moment and the three of you pulled back but not before a potential effect from its siphoning aura. Duncan made his save, you failed the save, and Orsin still needs to roll. The three of you retreated from the room and closed the door. The devil then teleported 15 ft down the staircase. So, that is where the group is currently located.

If you want to retrace Duncan's initial response and have Duncan, John and orsin in the norht attic for this attack we can do that. The only thing that would change from the Devils stand point is he would have attacked you when you were in range, as opposed to using his greater teleportation.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan casts PROTECTION FROM Evil on himself and closes with the Creature, again standing beside john. He does not attempt to force the PfE barrier against the creature, wanting to see if the thing is in fact able to attack him.

Current AC next to John is 24. +2Resistance to all saves

If needed: Save vs Aura1d20 + 13 ⇒ (17) + 13 = 30
Save vs Stun, if it attacks me1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Come on ye pathetic excuse fer a Herzou. Hit me.


Evil GM

Rd1: rather than teleport it will attack John fisrt, since he moved towards the devil before Duncan.

Flail att1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 162d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4) + 5 = 13
Flail att2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 202d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 3) + 5 = 9

Both attacks missed.

Duncan you do notice the creature is using a flail and not its natural claw attacks.

What is the DC for this Spell? 10+1+2=13? Is that correct?


Evil GM

Mid-RD1:

Initiative Order:

Blood Reaver Devil - used flail on John and missed

Lucrezia -

John - moved up and missed his attack with his silver mace. Missed his Fort save for 1 pt con Damage.

Duncan - made his Fort Save for blood siphoning. cast protection from evil.

Orsin - cast Heroism. Needs to make a Fort save.

Andrea - cast invisibility on herself.

I'm going to give Lucrezia a chance to long on and take her turn, and Orsin needs to make his saving throw. I will DMPC Lucrezia after a while if she doesn't log on. Lucrezia if you do log on take you Rd 1 and Rd2 actions.

RD2:

Blood Reaver Devil

Lucrezia

John

Duncan

Orsin

Andrea


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Round 1
fort save 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
weapon used Alchemical silver heavy flail

Round 2
attack 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
confirm crit? 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 (prolly not)
damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If possible, Lucrezia will move and attack the devil thing with her flail.

trying to find the right map to give you an exact location


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Currently map is here.

Map

Andrea will stay ready with any healing that the group needs if they are struck by the devil.Just holding steady until I see what happens


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

*Laughs* I was looking at that map before I posted, but thought it wasn't the right one because I couldn't see the bad guy at first. It's like finding where's waldo, he blended right in with the crates. :)
I don't see any coordinates to give though, so just put Lucrezia wherever she can get to near the monster please.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Devil's turn


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I have a feeling we are going to get beat hard enough to need a nap before we do anything else


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'm hoping PfE does prevent it attacking. Put it on John and Lucrezia. It is the best buff I can give. +2 to saves and AC. We all surround if it can't hit us and beat on it, while Orsin inspires and the invisible Andrea keeps us up.

Cast Defensively DC171d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Duncan casts Protection from Evil on John.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

*Beleaguered sigh.*

Orsin's eyes, ears, mouth, and nostrils begin to pump out steady streams of crimson fluid. Things are looking tough for our heroes.

"We...*cough*...can't let it beat us..." Inspire courage! (Quietly.)


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Yay! Everyone is +1 Hit and Damage


Evil GM

RD2: Begins

Blood Reaver Devil - attack on Duncan, missed.

Lucrezia - Her first rD attack missed. Her second Rd attack hit for 5 HP of damage.

John - John misses his attack and deploys his tower shield. He makes his Fort save.

Duncan - protection from evil on John.

Orsin - inspire courage.

Andrea

Current Map

John and Andrea still have round 2 actions.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Already posted my round 2


Evil GM

RD2:

Devil as free action invokes his siphoning aura everyone within 20 feet of him needs to make a Fort save DC15, or suffer 1 point of con. damage as they bleed.

The devil swings at Duncan with his flail.

att1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 142d6 + 5 ⇒ (1, 6) + 5 = 12
att2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 212d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 = 12

"Yer meager protection means nothing when the wrath of Hell comes calling for yer soul."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Andrea coughs and twitches some but throws off the harmful aura.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Attack with power attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

John then puts on his tower shield.


Evil GM

RD2: John misses his attack and deploys his tower shield. He makes his Fort save.

Andrea is the only action remaining in Rd2


Evil GM

RD2: Recap

Blood Reaver Devil - attack on Duncan, missed.

Lucrezia - Her first rD attack missed. Her second Rd attack hit for 5 HP of damage.

John - John misses his attack and deploys his tower shield. He makes his Fort save.

Duncan - protection from evil on John.

Orsin - inspire courage. made fort save.

Andrea

Andrea still has an action.

---

RD3 Begins

Blood Reaver Devil -

Lucrezia -

John -

Duncan -

Orsin -

Andrea -

MAP RD3


Evil GM

RD3:

Devil as free action invokes his siphoning aura everyone within 20 feet of him needs to make a Fort save DC15, or suffer 1 point of con. damage as they bleed.

The devil swings at Duncan with his flail.

att1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 242d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 4) + 5 = 12
att2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 192d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11

"I'm gonna feast on yer soul in flames of Hell and furnace hotter than ye wants to know dwarf."

His first attack strikes the stumpy dwarf hard.

Duncan make a fort save 16 to negate the stunned condition.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

For her round 2 action, Andrea will cast Guidance on John (+1 on any roll)

Rd3. Fort save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Andrea taps Duncan with her CLW wand CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Andrea starts bleeding from her nose
CON 13/14
HP27/31 Correct?


Evil GM

Andrea and others CRB pg 555, or the PFSRD

Ability Drain


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Round Two Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15

Does that save?

In Round 3, Orsin continues to inspire courage as a free action (-2 rounds for this encounter thus far) and then moves to flank with Lucrezia, eating the AoO if need be.

Power Attack roll: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 27

Power Attack damage roll with inspire courage and Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13

REALLY?!

Round Three Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 2 = 15

Okay, now I really hope a 15 saves...


Evil GM

Orsin makes his Round 2 and Rd 3 fort saves were successful.

Attack of opportunity

orsin AoO: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 202d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2) + 5 = 11

Make a DC16 Fort save to avoid being stunned by his flail.


Evil GM

RD3 Mid-3rd Round Update

Blood Reaver Devil - attacked Duncan. Hit him once for 12 HP. Did AoO on Orsin.

Lucrezia -

John -

Duncan - hit by Devil for 12HP, he needs to do a fort Save DC16 to avoid stunned. Andrea healed for 9Hp of damage.

Orsin - damages the devil for 13HP of damage. Hit by AoO

Andrea - cured 9 HP of Damage from Duncan.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fort vs Stun1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Duncan shakes off the Devil's strike and switches his Judgement to damage.

Fort vs Siphon1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

1 hand PA, Flank, Divine Favor, Inspired 1d20 + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 = 26
1 hand PA, Divine Favor, Inspire, Judgement, Destructive Smite1d8 - 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) - 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 15

Ye be taking no one.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Fortitude Save to Avoid the Stun: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Ack, stunned. Also removes the inspire courage at the start of my next turn, sorry guys.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Fort: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
John will attack again

Attack with power attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 8 + 1 = 13


Evil GM

RD3 Mid-3rd Round Update

Blood Reaver Devil - attacked Duncan. Hit him once for 12 HP. Did AoO on Orsin. took 15 HP of damage

Lucrezia - Hit the devil for 7 HP, did not crit.

John - missed his attack.

Duncan - hit by Devil for 12HP, he needs to do a fort Save DC16 to avoid stunned. Andrea healed for 9Hp of damage. hit for 15 points of damage

Orsin - damages the devil for 13HP of damage. Hit by AoO, stunned.

Andrea - cured 9 HP of Damage from Duncan.


Evil GM

John's attack misses.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Check up
Posted my action and saves


Evil GM

RD3:

Lucrezia will attack;

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

conf. crit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 181d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Hitting the devil a second time since she joined the combat but her attack doesn't do additional damage.


Evil GM

RD4 Begins

Blood Reaver Devil -Hit duncan for 12 HP

Lucrezia - missed her attack on the the devil

John -

Duncan -

Orsin - stunned

Andrea- healed Duncan for 10HP

MAP


Evil GM

Spoiler:
Devil attacks: John on 1, Duncan 2, Lucrezia 3, Orsin 4
1d4 ⇒ 2

The devil tees upp on the dwarf for hitting him.

att1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 132d6 + 5 ⇒ (3, 6) + 5 = 14
att2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 252d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 3) + 5 = 12

The flail hit the dwarf again. Make fort save DC16 for the stunned condition.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea taps Duncan again with the wand.

CLW: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

round 4
5ft step
attack 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 whiff

Lucrezia takes a sidewise step in an attempt to get into a better flanking position and then swings at the devil and misses.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Fort vs Stun1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

The famous dwarven resistance saves Duncan yet again. Resists the Creatures supernatural ability and spits a retort.
That all ye got?

Fort vs Siphon1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

The dwarf growls and continues his assault on the devil who was trying to kill him, trying to goad it into harder less measured strikes Power attack me, Dammit ;)

Me dead Granny hits harder than ye!

The dwarf takes a 5ft step back and Casts Protection from Evil on Lucrezia. Add +2 to your AC and Saves


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I will likely still be asleep around the time this fight continues, so below are my actions if the fight continues after my stun ends.

Fort save to resist siphoning: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 2 = 23

If the devil has not attacked him and Orsin is still at 10 HP, he will 5-foot steps to flank (if necessary) and Power Attack.

Power Attack, Flank, Heroism: 1d20 + 7 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 7 + 2 + 2 = 20

Power Attack, Arcane Strike: 1d8 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

If Orsin is reduced to 3 hp or lower, he withdraws.

DM, feel free to do any other rolls for me if necessary. Heroism adds +2 to my attack rolls, saves, and skill checks.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Oh, Nurse Andrea, Our bard needs a tap!!

5,801 to 5,850 of 26,346 << first < prev | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | 122 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.