Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,751 to 5,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Andrea you knowledge check regarding the flickering lights is coming up empty. Does anyone have knowledge architecture or engineering?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well we might as well let Tweaker and Lucrezia work on the traps. Feel like being nosy Duncan? Do a little magic sweep around the place, but we shoudn't go far since we might need to help if somethign gets summoned.

Andrea perks up at the contract thing. Oooh! Perhaps some blackmail material.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"We should check that last door before we go, just tomaak esure nothing is in there."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

we have no architecture or engineering unfortunatly.

I agree, but we will need to wait until Tweaker is done.

Andrea does look at the door just south of the one they opened to the mirror room. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

This is a door. I am sure of it.


Evil GM

Tweaker unfortunately Lucrecia's is unable to assist. She is there for support and to hand tools. He begins with the mirror. He studies the complex magical trap. He works for twenty seconds on the first trap.

disable mirror: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Tweaker hand slips and the trap just narrowly misses being triggered. He has the careful disarm ability.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

AUgh!

Andrea suddenly doubles over. Oh jeez! Those drugged mice are coming back to haunt me.


Evil GM

Tweaker looks up at Lucrezia and shakes his head, "You need to leave the room when I try this trap on the floor...it can get very ugly."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will ding Tweaker with Guidance again (+1 roll) when he starts work by himself and hustle away.

I wonder if there any other secrets squirrled away up here? Art? magic? It would take days to sort though.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'll sweep the room, lass. John, watch that door.

Detect Magic.
Perception: loot1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Looks like we will be lootless. Alas, to be reduced to begging for 10' poles. ;)


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin follows the others through the attic, silently accompanying the group as Tweaker deals with the testy trap. He gasps quietly and holds his breath as the half-elf slips up the first time.

"Careful Tweaker..."


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
Andrea1 wrote:
Looks like we will be lootless. Alas, to be reduced to begging for 10' poles. ;)

Detect Magic is auto success. Was searching for mundane treasure. You can look too


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea busys herself looking for..stuff...

Find loot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Evil GM

The main attic and the storage room Andrea is in front of don't show anything magical, it will take 15 minutes per crate that contains paperwork to search for anything interesting. The one thing that is noted the small room that Andrea was looking at is organized better. There are wooden filing cabinets and creates. On quick scan the dates on the items seem to be a few years old and from the last two mayors.

There could be tons of side adventures contained in those crates. I'm not sure, if you want to go down that route at this point. It could be something you come back to after the finding the knot.


Evil GM

John and Lucrezia and Orsin are near the southern door. This is a Private Performance Hall: This room has been half converted into a private theater it appears as if it will take several months of work remain before it can serve as a functional performance hall. There are several tool and construction material in the room, several flask and water buckets can been seen. There is door on the western wall.


Evil GM

Andrea and Duncan can make a perception: sound checks.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

What is that I hear?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Andrea is currently too distracted ruffling papers while she waits for Tweaker to finish.

Two cages of live gerbils and a bucket of lard delivered to Thelsing? Andrea stuffs that into her pack.


Evil GM

Andrea your ruffling of the papers distracts you enough that you do not hear anything but your own heart beat pounding in your chest. You mind slipping between the task at hand and Fiosa and Emily.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin rummages about the private theatre.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Evil GM

Orsin there is not much in the private theater except for construction materials. The tools look like they are good quality, There is a blueprint rendition of the room and the dressing room that is attached. At least that is what the room to the west is labelled as: "Dressing Room"

You can make an appraise check if you want regarding the tools.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception: Listen1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Evil GM

Duncan you hear a popping sound come from the room Tweaker was left to work in.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Tweaker...

Duncan dashes back to the room Tweaker was in, Drawing his alchemical silver battleaxe along the way. He opens the door...


Evil GM

Duncan from the doorway you see the the symbol on the floor, the bar mirror Tweaker missed his perception of the trap there/, and the far west wall sparkle and flicker out. You catch a quick glimpse of a tall reddish-bronze colored humanoid with leathery flesh, with a forked tail as it vanishes near the floor symbol. There's a smell of fresh blood in air. You believe you saw a wicked dual headed-flail. There is a large blood spot on the floor. Tweakers tools are laying on the floor nearby but there is no sign of Tweaker.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Everybody get in Here, NOW!

Duncan steps into the room, near to but not on the symbol and describes what he sees to the group.
He casts Detect Magic and Surveys the room (hoping to spot magical auras of invisible creatures.)
Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Evil GM

Everyone except Duncan needs to make perception check, those in the far room have a minus -2


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Andrea hurries over.. What?!


Evil GM

Duncan you see the residue of a strong conjuration spell. The strongest aura you have ever witnessed.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Is the Aura moderate, strong or overwhelming?


Evil GM

It is strong.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea also looks around and thinks about what Duncan has told them about what happened.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

So something killed Tweaker and vanished?! If this is true than I am not ready to deal with it. I have the wrong prayers memorized for devil/demon fighting.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 2 = 14


Evil GM

Andrea your spell craft doesn't reveal anything to you but you from Duncan's description you understand that that some foul being must have been conjured with the trap.

---
Orsin you see the blood on the floor. Duncan and Andrea are staring at the floor, Ducna with a weapon in his thick hands.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So it was conured by the trap. Either on the floor or mirror Andrea clutches her head. Tweaker dead, a devil on the loose and we still have no idea which mirror it is or even how to use it. We might have to consider crossing this off untilwe know more. We should consider a divination from Alister since he is more available than any of the Asmodaen cleric.


Evil GM

Everyone make a perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Andrea's eyes are blinded by the sparkling tears flowing from them as her soul is torn with the anguish of losing another member of their group.

Tweakeerrr-kunnnnnn!


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Detect Magic running for 6minutes till I break concentration. By 3rds I know strength and location of every Aura.
Knowledge Arcana: Determine Schools
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Spellcraft: Magical Items1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

The sneak may still be alive lass. The Aura o magic I'm seeing is real strong. I think the trap summons the devil or whatever took im. I ain't fer leavin a man behind. I say we ready ourselves and trigger the trap an Hit the bastard with all we got. Ye keep us standing and me, John, Orsin and Lucrezia surround it on all sides and kill it.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Very well. I will heal all of us in preperation.

Andrea concentrates and a wave of energy passes over everyone.

Channel: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9


Evil GM

Duncan you hear a loud sound coming from the Northern attic.

The first room you went into when Tweaker triggered the cold bath.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Thanks lass. Ye should go totally defensive if ye ain't casting and stay out o reach.
If this thing appears in the middle o the circle we need to surround it first, John-north, Orsin-south, Me-east, Lucrezia-west. Everybody pre-cast if ya can and ready an attack.
It'll be flanked on all side an if it moves outta the trap at least 2 of us get a shot as it moves. Say the word if ye don't wanna do this.

Duncan starts to....Wait. The northern attic. Everybody head there, weapons out and stay away from the trap.

Duncan changes his teamwork feat.to shield wall and leads out in front with John.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea heads out with the others, silver mace at the ready.


Evil GM

As you hurry towards the northern attic you begin to smell the familiar coppery scent of blood.

initiative:

Andrea: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Duncan: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
John: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Orsin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (5) + 0 = 5
Lucrezia: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Blood Reaver Devil: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Initiative Order:

Blood Reaver Devil
Lucrezia
John
Duncan
Orsin
Andrea

Round 1, North Attic

RD1 Begins:

The creature holds until someone comes through the 5 foot door.

Lucrezia will hold until others act.

Anyone with know: religion when they have a view of it can make that check.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan is first. AC next to john is 22.

Upon seeing the Devil Before them.
Knowledge: Religion1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Knowledge DC is 10+CR8. Success.
Blood Rever. Back up now.

Duncan will halt in his tracks and and shut the door. Reaver is medium, so doesn't threaten unless he closes. In any case he evokes his judgement (+1 to saves). Devil goes before Duncan.

If he makes his save vs Stunned and closes the door...1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
DOWNSTAIRS. NOW!


Evil GM

How does this look for Marching order?

Current marching order


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

No objections, but we should really wait for Joy/Lucrezia to come back on Monday before we start anything.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging
baldwin the merciful wrote:

How does this look for Marching order?

Current marching order

Order is fine. Edited my action since John is not here. We need to GTF outta dodge. That's APL+4 monster!!!


Evil GM
Duncan Redhammer wrote:
baldwin the merciful wrote:

How does this look for Marching order?

Current marching order

Order is fine. Edited my action since John is not here. We need to GTF outta dodge. That's APL+4 monster!!!

LMFAO...I added this to the adventure to spice thing up a bit for Tweaker's trap finding abilities when you were a party of six. I realized this critter is powerful for the group, so that I added a weakening template bringing him to a CR6.

EDIT: I need to reduce its size on the next map, its is medium in size not large. I didn't adjust the token when I dropped it on the board.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea hears Duncan shout out what he sees

Know-Religon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Andrea almost loses control of her bowels when the memories of her religous stuides come to mind . OH S$!*! Get away! That thing will kill us all!


Evil GM

Andrea blanches,

Andrea Only:
You know a Blood Devil is dangerous protectors of the planes of Hell. They function as guardians searching for plane jumpers and those mortals who dare to step in Hell. The only mortal who deserves to pleasures of Hell are those who's corruption earned them the distinction. It is apparent to you that Tweaker screwed up the summoning gate and a protector came through to bring its justice.

Their skin bleeds and they have a deadly aura that radiates causing those who dare to battle it to potentially bleed every few seconds. They are spell resistant and either immune or resistant to many forms of energy, fire, acid, cold.

what you see of it, it does look sick and bit weaker than what you have studied.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea babbles out what she knows. It's aura causes one to bleed and it is resistant to magic as well as almost immune to fire,acid and cold!

Andrea catches her breath. It looks sick or weak. maybe the spell was bad, but it is still a killer!

5,751 to 5,800 of 26,346 << first < prev | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | 120 | 121 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.