Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,651 to 5,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When Andrea hears the others return, she steps out into the game room and looks inquiringly at them.

So how did things turn out downstairs? Anything with the ceiling?


Evil GM

Tweaker repeats what he the cook told him, "Madame Rasdovain left the house by carriage tonight right before Lady Drovenge...for what ever it means." He goes on to advise, "I Know where her office is and have a good idea on where her bedroom is located."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well we can check out her office then. With a little invisibility magic, we can get you and Duncan inside and you and Duncan can sneak to her bedroom if you want.


Evil GM

Tweaker nods with the office suggestion, "The office sounds good but the bedroom will be a lot harder since she lives in the staff wing. Lots of people around."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Let us go with the office first. We have the two invisibility scrolls and your invisibility potion, plus I have one invisibility spell. I believe that will be enough to handle getting into the office and bedroom. If we can't find anything there, let us tryt he attic.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"The office sounds as good an idea as anything else at the moment. The Asmodean Knot is a hell of a lot harder to locate than any of us really anticipated. I'm ready to do whatever is asked of me, but I'd be lying if I said I can take the initiative. The party itself was...frustrating, to say the least."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Don't sweat it, we have all head problems here. So we can investigate the office for any clues that might pertain to the Knot, and be sure to look for mirrors.

Then Duncan and Tweaker can head over to the sleeping quarters of the Majordomo and check around, and then the attic. If these turn out to be dead ends.. Andrea sighs. We might have to charm the mayor or even wait for the Majordomo to come back, both of them are the most likely to have the required info, but I am confident we can handle it.

Andrea will cast Invisibility on Tweaker if he wants it and Duncan has his own magic.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Checking the office first does sound best, but I do wonder why she left the mansion during a party if she lives here. Is there something else going on?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

She might have been up to something with Drovage, they do seem to be the types who wouldn't get bombed out of their minds with all the food and drink.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Well lets me and the sneak go in to the office with them scrolls and I can cast Invisibility 2 times to get us out. The scrolls won't last since the place will need a proper search.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sounds good to me. We might be able to get you in without the scrolls so they can be saved for an attempt on her bedroom. Orsin and I are good at slinging the BS so we can distract the servants if need be. But let us not lollygag any more, the clock is ticking.

If Duncan and Tweeker want to go invisible going in, then Andrea will cast it on both of them. If they want to go for the distraction, Andrea and Orsin can do some bluffing or perhaps singing in order to draw away attentiom.

Bluff Aid another: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

So Orsin, how about a sweet, low seranade? Something quiet so we don't ruffle to many feathers? I wonder what that big black door is as well.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'm fine wit stealth if we wanna try it.

Duncan will wait for the distraction then move in with Tweaker, taking the better of the stealth rolls.

Stealth1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (18) + 9 - 3 = 24


Evil GM

There are two house guards just inside the the front doorway to the manor (A3 on the map). [b]"Probably best if we get the inviso casts on us, that office door is easy to be seen,"[b]Tweaker suggest. Assuming Andrea or Duncan does cast it mark it off your spells.

Tweaker will check for traps: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (9) + 22 = 31

He does find two complex trap on the door.

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29

He manages to disable the trap and get the door open without notice.


Evil GM

Updated map

This room is used by the majordomo Crosael to meet with solicitors, visitors, and other business-related associates. There is an elegant redwood writing table and three large silver dragonhide chairs in the room, along with elk hide leather couch. There are several small end tables and two filing cabinets in the room. The walls are decorated with scenes of devils signing contracts with humans. The back wall has thick glass etched window. the office itself is dark but outside the window are two large lit street torches.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea casts the spells from the scrolls she wrote, the ink vanishing into a pale dust that covers Duncan and Tweaker before they vanish.

Andrea turns to Orsin,So did you manage to find anything out about the ceiling? Was there anything else down there that caught your eye when you looked around?


Evil GM

Tweaker will check for traps on the two filing cabinets.

cabinet 1: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (5) + 22 = 27

cabinet 2: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (14) + 22 = 36

He finds that both are locked and trapped.

cabinet 1: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28

cabinet 2: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30

He is able to disarm both traps and open the cabinet drawers safely. He cabinet is filled with hanging files.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Now that Duncan and Tweaker are alone in the room.

Keeping his voice low.
Everybody is drunk an it's night so we got time. Search some o the paperwork fer anything interesting. I'm gonna scan the room fer magic.

Detect Magic+Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Not sure what skill you want to ID what magic stuff does.
Spellcraft DC's says:
"Identify the properties of a magic item using detect magic 15 + item's caster level"
I use that when scanning rather than Knowledge Arcana cause I don't care about the school or Aura. Only want to know what something does. I'm not sure the Devs saw the skills overlap a bit.


Evil GM

There is a bit of disconnect there between the two. I'm not going to bust arses here I'll let you do it with the spellcraft.

Duncan you there is set of ink quills that glow (never ending ink), there is also glow on the globe sitting in the corner (seems to locate ships and caravan's owned by mayor). The hourglass is magical (seems to be some sort of clairvoyant device).

---
Tweaker sees various business contracts dealing with shipping contracts with the Grulios, Drovenge families primarily. There are several contracts for upcoming and past plays in the city. there is nothing about murder plays though, knowing Orsin has an interest in that topic.

Tehre are several bank and monger notes from and to several merchants and nobles.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan notices the quills and globe and hourglass and informs Tweaker of their function.

We probably shouldn't take any thing since the mayor would use this office a bit.
The hourglass function I dunno exactly but mebbe sorta a clairvoyant or scrying device. Ye didn't have a scroll of Identify did ya? Otherwise I'd maybe make some notes on those shipping contracts if ye can sort some details which could help them nobles what's been helping us. Otherwise, I'm out of ideas. Ye got that scroll perhaps. Or look for any secret compartments, help me look would ya.

Perception to search room. Take 2029 = 29
If Tweaker aids another that's 31. If Duncan has a scroll of Identify Duncan will retry the Spellcraft check.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"The ceiling, while definitely magical, wasn't hiding the Knot. Perhaps I expected the portal to be more cleverly hidden than it is. Well, even if it's not cleverly hidden, it's certainly well-hidden, seeing as we still haven't found it."

Orsin continues to wait for Duncan and Tweaker to return before beginning the next leg of the investigation.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well there is the attic, unfortunately none of us were able to sneak up there for a tryst. If Duncan and Tweaker's search comes up empty, we may very well have to brute force things with charmign the servants. I m willing to turn invisible and charm one, and if that fails, Orsin can cast some while I chat with one. Then we ask where the attic is, ask to be shown there and we can be on our way.

Andrea sighs. More invisibility potions and scrolls would have been very useful.Could have, should have, would have.


Evil GM

Tweaker looks at Duncan and shakes his head no. "No identify scroll"

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30

He is confident that there are no other secret compartments in the office. The office really does appear more for show rather than detailed work. It's location is near the front entrance and the guest lounge.


Evil GM

Tweaker leads Duncan back upstairs and lets Duncan provide the update. He will suggest that, "one of these rooms," as he motions in a wide circle, "probably has a stair cases going up to the attic." He blinks a few times, "Shouldn't be too hard to find, perhaps we can begin with the closest room and work our way out."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sounds good to me. We do know of a few rooms that don't have the stairs I believe, the rooms to the south that Duncan and Tweaker looked at. So, Duncan, Lucrezia and Tweaer head out to scout?


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

I'm fear it. Haven't cast me spells yet so I can make 2 Invisible if needed. Wasn't sure about that hourglass but I can look again tomorrow.

Duncan heads to the rooms with Tweaker and Lucrezia to back them up. Theft and investigation was not his forte. So he would be a quiet, card up their sleeve should they be discovered.

Stealth, take best rolls as needed1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 9 - 3 = 13

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Just hold on Andrea. Andrea thinks to herself as she prays some, focusing her mind. We'll find the Knot, get the key, and then we can have a little down time. Fiosa is waiting with her rabbit stew, warm bread and honey biscuits. Mm...Sure is better than snakes stuffed with drugged mice.


Evil GM

Tweaker would take Duncan - along with anyone else who wants to go - with him as he explores the balcony areas of the upper ball room. Looking from the catwalk to the floor below. The stairs in A31 go down into the entry.

Since I'm DMPCing Tweaker, I will let one of you pick the next door to go through. Describe to me which is your flavor.

UPDATED SECOND FLOOR MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I take it that we can walk around the balcony pretty much unhassled by servants?

Andrea will lean on a railing overlooking the floor below, taking on a bored air as she watches the drunken people do drunken things, but also serving as a look out.

She looks at the door to the north(Assume Andrea is right at the 'A43') and the door is straight north/top of map and slightly to the left of the windows) and nods. Might as well start there, check out the rooms near ours first.

In A35, there were no stairs heading up, right?


Evil GM

No servant is bothering you. Granted you they haven't caught you in a room your are not suppose to be in. These common/open rooms are free to roam. A35's stair was heading down.

Tweaker heads to the door Andrea suggested. He looks at the handle and door frame, the oak is finely carved.

Looking for traps: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

The door has not traps and is not locked. He gently cracks it, there is faint glow of flickering wall sconces.

UPDATED MAP 2nd FLOOR

This is the library which has comfortable leather chairs surrounded by shelves of books. On a quick review the tomes are generally about art, opera, and the theater.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You will let us know if there are any mirrors in the room, right?

Andrea suggests the doors on the east side of room A37(One door straight across from the NE door in A37 might lead to the sane room)


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia follows Andrea and will assist as needed.

[Ooc]i have limited internet connection right now, use me as needed if i take too long to reply and hopefully i can get some one out here tomorrow.


Evil GM

That would be quite evil of me to not tell you when there is mirror because you didn't ask. I wouldn't do that.

Tweaker will ask, "Where too next?"

Perception for secret doorways: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (1) + 14 = 15

He doesn't find any secret passages in the library.


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

Lucrezia follows Andrea and will assist as needed.

[Ooc]i have limited internet connection right now, use me as needed if i take too long to reply and hopefully i can get some one out here tomorrow.

Are you in CA yet?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:

That would be quite evil of me to not tell you when there is mirror because you didn't ask. I wouldn't do that.

Tweaker will ask, "Where too next?"

[dice=Perception for secret doorways]1d20+14

He doesn't find any secret passages in the library.

Doors on the east side of the game room A37


Evil GM

Tweaker checks the door and does not find any locks or traps on the door. It opens to the short hallway with another door at that end. That door is locked.

disable device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35

He opens it quickly.

SECOND FLOOR UPDATE


Evil GM

The door opens into a trophy storage area. There are several large stuffed animals, including a dozen hawks and leopards and an owlbear,
have been put into this storage somewhat haphazardly.

What are you doing?

Latest Map


Evil GM

Is John still resting in his room or is joining the group?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Now they check the door on the SE side of the game room(just south of the door that led to the hall/storage room)

I think John is offline, I haven't seem him on the boards


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

in car waiting on takeout food right now. I loose phone reception at the new house randomly and we still have to set up internet. California doesn't seem to like at&t.


Evil GM

This door is locked.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37

He opens the door easily. This empty storeroom there are stairs lead up.

Eureka You found Stairs going up! Map


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I can't speak for northern California, but T-Mobile and Verizon in my experience have the best coverage in the Greater Los Angeles Area and Orange County.

"Finally!" Orsin whispers, his voice an uncharacteristic breathy countertenor. He seems exasperated and fatigued, but continues to case the joint with the others, renewed slightly by their new discovery.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

By Calistria's honeyed thighs! We might get this done yet!

Andrea waves everyone over. Okay, Tweaker and Duncan should head up first to take a look and then we can go up. Hopefully this will turn out to be the place so I won't have another breakdown.


Evil GM

This is a cluttered dark attic, the crates, boxes and debris fill the room. There is door at the top of the stairs and there is an open entrance archway in the south.

ATTIC

You need light a source unless you you have darkvision. Which way are you heading.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea whispers a few words and a small ball of light forms in her palm. Light spell, easy to dispose of when darkness is needed

Okay, let us look around and make sure. We can try the door first I believe.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Evil GM

Tweaker looks a the door to see if it is locked.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31

The door is locked and he looks for traps.

Looking for trap: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (1) + 22 = 23

It does not appear trapped. So he will unlock the door.

disable device to open door: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoops, the dreaded '1'


Evil GM

Here is the current map are the characters where you want them?

Attic


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will be just north of Orsin's location. letting Tweaker have enough space to work.


Evil GM

Tweaker missed the Frost Fang Trap and triggered it. Everyone in the room gets jet streamed by freezing cold water.

Frosty Water, DC22 Reflex save for 1/2damage: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 1) = 12


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ah, yeah. The water is...refreshing? Orsin is down to 13 hp.

5,651 to 5,700 of 26,346 << first < prev | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | 119 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.