Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,601 to 5,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ok i debated this and have decided to go through with it.

Andrea walks down the stairs that they were lead up when the servant showed them their rooms and stops at the base looking around for a servant. If she sees one, she waves them over. Excuse me, has the mayor been taken to his room? He said that he wished to see Lucrezia after the party, but if he is still indisposed in his chair, I will tell Lucrezia that she will have to wait until another time.

If the mayor is still in his chair. Oh dear. Thank you very much for that information, I will inform Lucrezia about that. Andrea then heads back up ad tells Lucrezia this. He is passe dout in his chair, I can go get the keys if you want.

If the mayor is in his room. Thank you, I will ask if Lucrezia still wishes to see him. Andrea heads back upa nd tells Lucrezia. He is in his room, do you want to be escorted over and then search? I can follow invisibly and then charm the mayor while he is distracted and then we can get info from him


Evil GM
Tweaker wrote:
Howdy.... Is this a different show? I was bored being in strange place and couldn't sleep. Decided to just start exploring and see if anything else was like the honey fountain. We will leave. Does this go somewhere intersting? Tweaker points to the stairs and moves to them. He waits for a response.

The guy mumbles, "do I look like h..h..housssse ssservant? the girls laugh at the comment. They wave you and Duncan to shoo away. when you are near the stairs leading down.


Evil GM

Andrea you will come across two servants down the stairs. "The good Mayor already has company this evening in his room. He does not desire to be interrupted."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Andrea you will come across two servants down the stairs. "The good Mayor already has company this evening in his room. He does not desire to be interrupted."

Andrea thanks the two and heads back up, giving Lucrezia and Orsin the news. So you lucked out there at least. So, should we try to retrive Duncana nd Tweaker and make a plan how to do this?


Evil GM

Duncan and Tweaker what are you doing?

CURRENT MAP OF SECOND FLOOR


Evil GM

Orsin and Lucrezia, Andrea comes back up the stairs with news and a possible game plan.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan was tiring of the fruitless search, Bah, we need more booze ye fool. Party will be over with no more booze, come this way. Duncan indicates back the way they came...


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Okay, here are some things that look like places we can search and people we know about.

The attic supposedly has a deformed family member of the mayor hidden away. Andrea ticks things off on her fingers. The room of honey has bleeding rose bushes and maggots in the petals? That might have something do do with infernal powers.

The woman who called out our names at the start was the majordomo. Currently she is somewhere in the manor but we do not know where.

The mayor is off partying in his room right now

SOmething is wrong with the lights, people say spirits but it might have somethign to do with the Knot or the Nessian Spiral in the baement. I really think we should stay away from there. If we can check out what powers the mights we might find soemthing.

The manor has three floors. Main,Attic and this floor I believe. Plus the mentained Knot and Spiral which are demiplanes.

The sky ceiling in the main hall had an image of a devil fly past. I don't know if that means it has a conenction tot he Knot or there is an infernal guardian.

Andrea sighs. So we need to be smart in our search, too many servants and guards wandering around to let us poke into every room.


Evil GM

One of the girls in the room giggles when Duncan mentions more booze, "To Brooze!" she proclaims while holding up her goblet.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Coming in at the end of her speech Duncan and Tweaker (hope he followed me) arrive.
I reckon we check out this kid in the attic. People hide stuff in Attics and since they are storage places there might be no guards, traps fer the sneak of course, but maybe the mirror is up there?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well it is an out of the way place. I doubt that the mayor wants someone fiddling with the wrong mirror and getting killed by the trap. So at least we will be able to cross the attic off the list if it is not there.

So perhaps Duncan and Tweaker locate the way up to the attic and then come back for us if they find the mirror.

If it gets down to it, I can use magic to charm a servent and have them tell us where the attic is and even the major domo's location.


Evil GM

DMPC Lucrezia she mentioned yesterday that she may not be on today.

Lucrezia states, "I will do anything necessary. Andrea's plan sounds good."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Since Orsin and I arn't very good at stealth, we might try a rather crude but effective way of helping. As I said, I have one charm spell available and I believe Orsin can use that magic as well. So, how about we charm a servant or two for info?


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Waitaminute..."

Orsin says quickly, tumbling over his own words.

"Andrea, you're a genius!"

"Maybe we don't have to charm anybody. The Knot is supposed to be hidden inside a mirror, right? Well, are we sure it's a literal mirror? The enchantment on the ceiling is a mirror of the outside sky, isn't it? Do you think the magic ceiling is the mirror we're looking for? Andrea, you DID say that the devil in the illusion might have meant a connection to the knot and it already would radiate magic, making it the perfect hiding spot for a portal to a pocket plane. I think it warrants investigation."

Sorry to have been MIA. Real life and all that nonsense...*grumble grumble*


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well let us do it. No sense lollygagging around. We will at least be in a good position to zap someone with a charm. We will need to get up to the ceiling though.

Ok so we have these spot to look for/at:

The attic
The sky window
The honey pool and bleeding bushes
The flicking lights
The mayor
The Majordomo


Evil GM

Lucrezia will ask, "Which way up to the attic or down to the honeypool area?"


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Today I found out I get no cell phone signal at the Grand Canyon.

"How are we supposed to get to the ceiling? I doubt they leave ladders just laying about the place."

Were there any floor to ceiling hanging tapestries in the room or anything that looked even remotely climbable?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Honeypool is right down next to the main dining hall. It is where Tweaker foudnt hat secret door.

You are right Lucrezia, we will need a ladder to check out the ceiling. We can at least check the area out to make sure though. Duncan can detect magic and Tweaker and yoruself can look around for clues.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Maybe even throwing a pebble through the illusion and seeing if it comes back down? I confess, I haven't given it much thought, but there's something...poetic about it, I suppose. That's all the claim I really have."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Works for me, let us get going. Lucrezia and Duncan are our stealthy sorts, so they can have a look. Orsin can detect magic as well so he can help.

So Duncan and Lucrezia head down and check? All in agreement?


Evil GM

Which set of stairs are you going to use to go downstairs?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

There are the set of stairs we were shown up by the servent(Ones in A37) If Lucrezia sneaks down she can look around to make sure there are no servants. Then Duncan cans can the ceiling for magic.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin can detect magic if Duncan would prefer to sleuth elsewhere. Detecting an aura of conjuration is really what we're after with regards to the ceiling.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

sneak 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

Lucrezia will sneak down the set of stairs that Andrea indicates and then looks about carefully for anyone else along the way and in the room. Then she'll sneak back up and tell them what she has or hasn't seen.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Orsin and Lucrezia downstairs then? Orsin can BS about something like Andrea and John boinking and wanting to get away from the noise.

Ok. Orsin and Lucrezia downstairs to the place where the window is. JUst BS about John and I boinking and wanting to just sit down to get away from the noise. Orsin can look up and scan the ceiling.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia snickers at Andrea's idea. "Sure thing Andrea. Maybe you and John should get into a compromising position just in case someone comes up to check out our story?"


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Stealth1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 9 - 3 = 17

Duncan will sneak down with Lucrezia and Scan the Sky Ceiling. And the plants and tapestries.

Detect Magic+Spellcraft: Ceiling 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Detect Magic+Spellcraft: Garden of Pleasures 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15

Detect Magic+Spellcraft: Tapastries 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

If it will help the cause I am all for it. Andrea knocks on John's door and invites herself in.

Pardon me John, do you mind if we pretend to be having sex? Orsin and Lucrezia are doing a little scouting and need a cover story about getting away from our red-hot passion.

Andrea arranges her clothes so it looks more revealing.

Duncan and Lucrezia can do stealth synergy if need be.


Evil GM

Orsin when on the bridge over the Garden of Earthy Pleasures you have a good view of the ceiling. There is one moderate aura focused on the ceiling. Make a know-arcana DC 21 to determine the school.

When staring at the ceiling you look look back and notice second floor ballroom and its balcony. There is, also, a Voyeaur's walkway that overlooks the main banquet hall, the Garden of Earthly Pleasures, the Pool of Honey room and the Jungle of Nectar room.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan shakes his head as he and Lucrezia head down...


Evil GM

Orsin, Duncan and Lucrezia one thing you notice is you don't really need to sneak down here. The guests are passed out or engaged in drunken activites. The servants simply nod at you, the honored guests.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So they can move around with more freedom? I feel a little silly for over planning.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Or you know we could just lock the door so people would have to know first.'


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

You are right. Gods, my mind is so out of my head right now. I drank and ate too much.

Andrea locks the door and gets her clothes back on. As she sits down, she holds her head on her hand and just sits quietly.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I don't have Knowledge (arcana) yet, but I DO have Spellcraft if that's a suitable substitute. Looks like Duncan has been making Spellcraft checks.

Orsin grabs a copper piece and throws it into the ceiling, seeing if it disappears into the illusion.


Evil GM

Duncan you don't see anything magical about the tapestries in the Banquet Hall, but you do notice that the large 6 foot wide, 14 ft tall black stone door that does have a faint magical aura, abjuration school.


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

I don't have Knowledge (arcana) yet, but I DO have Spellcraft if that's a suitable substitute. Looks like Duncan has been making Spellcraft checks.

Orsin grabs a copper piece and throws it into the ceiling, seeing if it disappears into the illusion.

Know arcana is the skill for determining schools of magic in conjunction with Detect magic.

The cooper coin hits the ceiling and bounces back down to the floor.


Evil GM

Duncan when you detect magic on the roses they come up with a moderate aura - identical to ceiling - but you are unable to determine the school of magic. The pool of honey itself is not magical, it is quite real.


Evil GM

From Tweaker's earlier exploration of the secret hallway he knows it leads to the kitchen area and he figures to the Garden of Earthly Pleasures. The hallway acting as a simple shortcut for the staff to access those areas. He decides to go find the actual kitchen entrance which he does easily enough. There are several cooks in the prep kitchen getting ready for breakfast. They look up smiling, "Can we get you anything?'

He points to a basket of apples on a table.

Current Map of First Floor


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Just to let everyone know, the problem is with me. I decided to drop as I was getting too confused and feeling like I was ready to just sit back and let my character be pointed at where he was needed and roll the dice. I greatly enjoyed the group and way the game is going. I do not know why I keep misunderstanding what everyone else was seeing but rather than just sit in the background decided not to cause problems for the group. I don't think anyone would have wanted me to stay and just roll dice.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Well as I said earlier it is a shame for you to go. I do believe we have a plan and if the search on the bottom floor doesn't pan out we can look for the attic. Andrea is more than willing to sling a charm spell on a servant and Orsin can charm the pants off a maid. Then we can all head up and look.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So were there any mirrors in the Room of Honey,Main Dining Hall and areas Duncan,Orsin and Lucrezia are in now?


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Or any reflective surfaces that could be considered mirror like?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

There is the ceiling, but Orsin pinged a rock off it and nothing seemed to happen. Looked like a real long shot anyway, We can use Detect Magic on the little stream and just sweep the main rooms. ("Just appricitaing the fine woodwork'")


Evil GM

Andrea and Lucrecia there are no mirrors in the banquet room or the garden areas. The banquet hall is decorated with disturbing landscapes of a twisted hell which looks like Westcrown itself. What is noticeable is in the entrance hall most of the portraits of former mayors have been taken down.


Evil GM

Andrea did you come downstairs or are you in John's room still?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Whoops, my apoligies, I should have kept out of the main thread.


Evil GM

Tweaker begins a conversation with the cooking staff trying to feel out for information about the majordomo, "So where'd Madame Rasdovain go tonight?" He pauses and continues, "She mentioned I should go to her office tomorrow, where is that by the way?"

bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

They want to believe the honored guest.

One of the prep cooks smiles, "Oh, she left after the second course, I believe before Lady Drovenge." He thinks a few seconds, "took a carriage too." She continues to roll out the pastry dough. "her office is right next to the main door off the the entrance." He points out the door Tweaker entered indicating the direction. "Her bed chamber is on the other side of the house by the servant quarters."

With that information Tweaker thanks them and heads out of the prep kitchen.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan gives the room one final look Perception: Search

He gives Lucrezia a look that says "bugger this" and moves to head backup stairs.
Sneaking up on a monster is one thing....

He was slightly frustrated that he could take the easy way and simply torture the damn Mayor.
But he was not THAT dwarf anymore...


Evil GM

As Duncan heads towards the stairs, Tweaker comes out of the prep kitchen. "Did you find anything? I found out a few things."

5,601 to 5,650 of 26,346 << first < prev | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | 118 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.