Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,551 to 5,600 of 25,172 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Tweaker senses the additional eyes on him now, so he picks up his snake "Here's to a wiggly tummy." As he eats his snake.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan wasn't bothered. He'd eaten worse.
*Gulp*


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Pretty,pretty colors.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia manages to get down one snake. I'd feel better eating the snake if I didn't know what ithad eaten first.


Evil GM

The mayor announces he has but one course remaining before they can adjourn for cocktails in lounge, sleep or other pleasures. Tweaker is bit concerned with the the mayor and few servants watching him now.

"Now tomorrow morning, feel free to sleep and enjoy the comforts, lunch will be served at noon."

The majority of guests are are nearly incoherent by the time the last course arrives.

12:00—The Insatiable Hungers: This last “course” consists of exotic tobaccos and potent liquors that deliver the coup de grace, rendering many
guests insensible.

When the last course is done a servant leads you to your rooms.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea draws a cigar under her nose, catching the scent before lighting up. My dear Fool, you look a little tuckered after all that food and wine, how about a little nap to make you feel better?

Turning to the others when they get the chance. We'll have a few hours for them to sleep it off, that booze hits like one of those troll skellies. Andrea blowsa few smoke circles.

Lucrezia and I will be heading up for a little indignity, but I suspect that our 'partners' will not go the distance and will be face down rather soon. When that happens, we can get a look around as we head to our rooms and plan on finding that mirror. Orsin, think you can charm Nymmis? I do have some invisibility magic so we can look around and find the right mirror.


Evil GM

The mayor is snoring in his armchair, his cigar is hanging from his mouth. Several guests are face down on the table and few on the floor. Those that can walk have to guest rooms, the servants are busy cleaning up hall. One person lead the group to their rooms on the second floor.

The servant leads the group to Room A13, which is near the privy several of you have used. There is a stair case going upstairs in that room and this is where you are led.

First Floor map


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

This brings back such fond memories. Andrea is sarcastic so Duncan doesn't change his mind and bop her with his warhammer.

Looks like you lucked out Lucrezia.


Evil GM

The stair leading up end in game room (A37 on the Map). There are a few tables and chairs and serves as place guests can play cards or a board game. There are several games on the shelves. The servants invites you to use the game room, if you like, then leads your to a wing of guest rooms that surround one privy. The lights are flickering again when you enter this wing. The guest rooms each contain a fireplace, a bed, a dresser, and small sink with hot and cold water. There are five rooms for the six guests in this wing.

SECOND FLOOR MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea will check the rooms with the others for mirrors before heading tot he game room so they can discuss what to do next.


Evil GM

There are mirrors in each room over the sink and over the dresser. How or what are you doing to check the mirrors?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Unfortunatly Andrea doesn't have Detect Magic memorized so she will examine them while letting Duncan do the detect magic route and Tweaker doing the more fine examination.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Andrea however, is suffering the effects of alcohol, too much food and cigars to notice anything.

For some reason I am wishing for something called 'Tums'


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Go do what ye need ta do girl. Me and the sneak have got this.

Duncan will go around with Tweaker, using Detect Magic and Spellcraft to sweep the rooms with Mirrors and work out what any items with Magical Auras do.
Detect Magic and Spell crafts checks per room
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Rm2
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Rm3
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

Rm4
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Rm5
Spellcraft1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

He will stealth around with Tweaker so as to not get caught
Stealth Synergy. Take Duncan or Tweaker's roll1d20 + 9 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 9 - 3 = 22

Duncan keeps a weary eye for guards/servants
Perception1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Tweaker and Duncan do look to be the best ones to scout around. I can lend my invisibility magic to both of you and use the scrolls I scribed for Tweaker. Andrea does sigha little. Most of the magic I prayed for were spells that would help us in social situations but I can convert them to healing magic. So, We should make an attempt to enter the Knot and map as much as possible. Perhaps Lucrezia, Orsin and I can discuss hwo to draw out the party if we need more time.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker works with Duncan as best as possible.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Let me know what rolls I need to make.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"And since it seems I am not needed, I will retire to my room."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

While Tweaker and Duncan search their guest wing, Andrea will cast Guidance on each of them to aid in the search.

While we are in our guest wing, i can follow youa round and ad a +1 to each of your rolls.

Shall I cast my Augury spell to see if searching the other wing will let us find the proper mirror?

Basically, a Weal or Woe if asking if searching the other guest wing for the mirror will help.

Oh come now John, we could always sneak off to look and make it look like we were fooling around.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Lucreazia:
Andrea looks at Lucrezia when the others are not near. Do you think I am going over board on the flirting? Maybe I am overcompensating or trying to fill a hole. I just don't know.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia agrees that it is her luck day and that she doesn't mind holding onto what little dignity she has left.

Andrea:
"Yes, most likely you are, but that's something many of us have done. The hard part is finding what's missing. "


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Lucrezia:
Yes, that is what I am trying to figure out. I've found something good with Fiosa, and we've talked about adopting Emily, so a stable future in a shadow-free Westcrown can be a good start.


Evil GM

Duncan and Tweaker there is nothing magical or unusual about the mirrors or rooms that your group is assigned to. so far, in this section of the manor you do not see any servants. The hallway is lit well, so is the game room. Look at the map and tell me which way you are heading.


Evil GM

Orsin, Lucrezia and Andrea the game room has small bar and quite a few games, including two copies of Pits and Perils. A servant comes into the room and asks, "I there anything else that you will require this evening?"

If there is nothing else he will go back down the stairs.

---
John has retired to his room.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Up now and ready to go Perhaps Orsin wants to charm the servent?

Andrea shakes her head, No thank you, we will just entertain ourselves with the games. Oh, is the Majordomo in attendance? We heard she adores poetry and Orsin here has bought her some that she might like.

Maybe we can Charm spell some of the servants and they can give us more info? Perhaps where the Major Domo is


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker expects the rooms to be on guest side and suggests going to the other side of hall and starting there. The other side of A3 at the bottom.

He will listen at the door before trying to open it.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan will continue with Tweaker...
Hoping we have better.luck THIS time


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin seems to have been sonewhat distracted since the last course, but he acquiesces without objection to whatever actions the others believe will help them towards their goal.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

See if Orsin can charm the pants off the Majordomo. :)


Evil GM

The servant shakes his head at Andrea, "I've not seen the majordomo in several hours, she is probably asleep. She does fancy poetry, perhaps in the morning." He waits for a few brief moments then turns and goes back down the stairs.


Evil GM

Tweaker and Duncan you don't hear anything coming from the behind the door you are scouting. Nor does it have a lock.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea decides to take the chance and casts Augury Inquiring if searching the other guest wing(If the mansion has two guest wings or another wing like the one we are in) will produce good results towards finding the right mirror.

74% chance of getting a response.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea decides to take the chance and casts Augury Inquiring if searching the other guest wing(If the mansion has two guest wings or another wing like the one we are in) will produce good results towards findign the fight mirror.

74% chance of getting a response.

Andrea frame the question you would like answered. For instance, what are you searching for?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Will searching the other wing of the mansion allow us to find the mirror to the Knot?


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker silently opens the door and quickly enters. He moves to a corner waiting on Duncan to follow.

What do we see. I figure we will head west and north and search counter-clockwise as I figure most of the house is behind the dining room but want to search as quickly and as much as possible. Already found one secret hall and there might be more that allows group to move without being seen.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:
Will searching the other wing of the mansion allow us to find the mirror to the Knot?

Weal and Woe


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea tells Lucrezia and Orsin this. Good and bad results. So we might find the mirror and be hampered in some other manner, or perhaps the Majordomo lives there and we will have to interrorgate her about the mirror. We will have to search there to find out exactly.


Evil GM

Tweaker the room is lit well, but not excessively. Upper Galley: This large open space has a polished hardwood floor and serves as a place for
guests to mingle—sometimes, the chamber is used as a ballroom, but not this evening. The stairs lead down and by the looks of thing they appear to go to the front entrance way "A3".

MAP of Second Floor


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Any bottles of wine we can take with us so we can at least pretnd to be drunk and lost if found snooping?"


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

We are on the second floor? I thought we were on first. That was my mistake.

Tweaker will head to the door across from the one he has came out of and listen there before opening it. The SW corner of A31 He will stop at the door he passes and checks it quickly before making it to the other door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32 Middle door
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28 Corner door
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"Any bottles of wine we can take with us so we can at least pretnd to be drunk and lost if found snooping?"

We have a bar here, and we stink of booze already so we can make us of those.

I am afraid we didn't talk things over well enough about the information we found.Hint from DM So we might be here a while. Since the Mayor is drunk downstaits, we might be able to search his room for clues.


Evil GM

Tweaker you hear some giggling coming from the middle door and what sounds like splashing.

The far door does not have a lock nor is there any sound.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, I suppose we should get started then before he has the nerve to sober up?"

Lucrezia will follow Andrea's instructions on where to search and what for.

Rolls that may be needed
Stealth 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (12) + 13 = 25
Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Bluff to lie convincing 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
(something along the lines of the mayor wanting a private whipping session?
Disable Device if there are traps 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Not sure how long I'm going to be on tonight and I may not on too much tomorrow either since we're going sightseeing and doing a lot of driving, so there's some rolls to use if you need to bot me a bit.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker whispers to Duncan he believes that must be the bath.

Tweaker goes in and will perform a counter-clockwise search of the rooms.

Let me know what rolls you want. It could be you want to use a single roll for stealth, listen and searching.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan Continues to back up Tweaker but keeps his weapons away. He had his cesti on and didn't want to look threatening if they were caught.

Tweaker got a 20 on his stealth. My stealth synergy feat let's me take his better rollso my stealth is 27

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Evil GM

Tweaker and Duncan the door opens to hallway.

MAP


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Ok, will just keep doing same thing every door. Will go through the right hand door.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (2) + 18 = 20


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Lucrezia, I can turn invisible and head downstairs to see if the mayor has house keys on him. So if you want to scout they can help you out. What do you think?

Orsin, perhaps you could find Nymmis and persuade her, if she hasn't fallen over, to take you into the attic for a rmp so you can looka round for a mirror.


Evil GM

You hear several voices talking behind the right hand door, sounds happy and slurring. The door does not have a lock.

You mentioned that you are going through the right hand door are you still going in the door?


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Yes, just won't do so stealthily.

Tweaker will walk in and if asked then will say just wandering around as not sleepy and baths have people in them.


Evil GM

When you open the door you see three guests sitting on two couches, and they are laughing. Its two females and one man in various stages of being undressed. The guests lights partially off but the lighting is still good. There are several comfortable leather chairs around the room and side tables. There are stairs going down and another door across the room.

When you enter the guests stop laughing for moment then one of the females says, "Its da...<hickup> entertain..ment...ers." There is laughter.

Updated MAP


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Howdy.... Is this a different show? I was bored being in strange place and couldn't sleep. Decided to just start exploring and see if anything else was like the honey fountain. We will leave. Does this go somewhere intersting? Tweaker points to the stairs and moves to them. He waits for a response.

5,551 to 5,600 of 25,172 << first < prev | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | 117 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.