Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,501 to 5,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>

Evil GM

Tweaker an Acro roll would be good for a nice tumbling performance in a foolish manner.

Perceptions over DC20:
You can see that the rose thorns are bleeding additional there are magots in the rose petals in the Pool of Honey. You, also, notice a secret door to the northwest corner.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Tweaker your performance goes off with great enthusiasm. Several people proclaim, "The star of the show." There is loud clapping. More an more people are getting sloppy drunk now, heads bobbing and words slurring.

---
The fourth course is served:
10:00—The Dance of the Engorged Vulture: This course consists of whole
roast baby squid served with honey sauce, minted lamb with fresh
vegetables, sauced hatchling alligator, tureens of cod spawn
in garlic stewed in wine and parsley.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

On for a few minutes

Andrea will gracefully take her leave of the lord when she can and pass along the information to the others.

The Asmodean Knot, unlike the rest of the manor and the Hessian Spiral, is said to be contained wholly in a pocket dimension accessed from a special mirror hidden somewhere in the house."

Andrea watches Tweaker bounce around. SO we should start checking out mirrors. perhaps with a detection spell. Unfortunatly I do not have one memorized at the momment. The question is when do we make our move? Plus how to get inside.

Considering how blasted everyone is getting we might be able to pull it off right in front of them. But I suspect that once everyone is thrown into bed by the servents we'll have more difficulty.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin places his hand on top of Calseinica's and escorts it back to her own lap. "Haunted, not haunted-- who knows? Perhaps we should find a place for you to lie down for a little while?"

I wonder how fast those alchemist's kindnesses work...

Orsin will try to get away from Miss Nymmis without making her upset and rejoin Lord Diosa once more. He needs just one vital piece of information before he can join the others in the search for the Knot.

"Lord Diosa, I hope that our performance earlier helped to make up for your absence at the playhouse? I understand that your family are quite the patrons of the theatre." More discretely he says, "...Particularly some of the more adventurous productions..."

If the conversation leads that way, Orsin will ask if Hendrix has ever heard of the tenor Gregorio Ardiavinci.

This is the closest that Orsin has come to the people who have answers, so if he's being obstinately single-minded, well, it's because he is.


Evil GM

During the meal the happy Mayor puts forth his next entertainment request,

"W..w..who wants to see a wh <hiccup> whippin'" He grins. "Drovalid ...give Dentris a good whipping for us during the next break." A waiter steps up next to John and uncovers a his tray which reveals leather riding crop. 'We would all like to see tha...that reenact...ment." There are several encouraging comments by others.


Evil GM

Lord Diosa responds, "I enjoy plays that have very unhappy endings at times. Is there a reason why I should know such a commoner's name? It rings no bell with me. I don't want to keep you from your lovely companion, she seems quite friendly this evening, and I must be leaving." He too leaves the house after calling his carriage, there doesn't seem to be any concern for him as he leaves in the night time hours.


Evil GM

Duncan your female drunken noble friend keeps chatting with you, all small talk, mostly about the various types of alcohol, their flavors and the craft behind making them. This is an area that she seems knowledgeable. By the end of this course of dinner she is two sheets to the wind.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

I will kill you slowly Lord Diosa and stain my hands with your blood as Gregorio surely stained yours.

Orsin smiles broadly, "Of course, enjoy your evening Lord Diosa."

The bard offers a deep bow, his gaze falling on the noble's boots.

If I find out that you are connected to his death, I will grab you by your dainty locks and smash your face into a mirror. Repeatedly.

He smiles again before leaving.

Orsin will slump down next to one of his brothers, it doesn't matter who, visibly disappointed. "I hate these people," he pouts quietly.


Evil GM

Ms Nymmis slides down next to you, "You don't hate me now do you <hic>'


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Oh gods, this is the last thing I need.

"My darling, I could never hate you. Why would you even say such a thing?"


Evil GM

"Cause you said you hate me." her face scrunches up. Now I don't like that DeLour <burp>tramp" giggles, {b]"Issss that bad of me?"[/b]


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker is trying to recall how big the house looked and with shared information how many floors to know where attic is so the group is careful if the mayor has an ill son there. He asks if anyone has talked to the majordomo

Tweaker is still try to listen in on conversations.

Listen: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (7) + 18 = 25


Evil GM

The conversation Tweaker is able to over hear and join in on consisting of mostly drunken slurs and a bit of materialistic bragging.

Perception check update everyone.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia limited herself to just the one glass of wine and few bites of each dish. Being careful to take tiny bites each time to make it seem like she was eating more than she was and frequently put the glass to her lips without actually drinking.

At the mayor's suggestion, Lucrezia nods in agreement. "Of course we would like nothing better than to give you a reenactment." Especially since it's just a little riding crop. It'll feel like nothing next to that scourge used in the play.

Lucrezia allows John to smack her with the riding crop between courses. I guess she'll just lean over a table or chair and let him smack her on the ass a few times with it.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

"If you would like a reenactment I will oblige."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19

"Shhh...shh...I didn't mean you, sweet dove," he says, cradling her head in his arms. "Don't worry about Delour now. We all have so little time in this world, we shouldn't waste it on our enemies."

His own remark begins to sink in.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker will try and find time to see about the secret door without being observed. He sees if he can open it and slip inside.

Searching door: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 + 4 more as looking for traps

Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (17) + 18 = 35


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea teases at John. Come on my dear Torturer, put your back into it. Perhaps Orsin can sing a few lines from the play. Andrea skips up and gives Lucrezia a few baps to the butt with the crop as well.

Lord Mayor, perhaps we could arrange a limited reenactment of the other acts in a day so so? Nothing as dramatic as the final few acts of course, but a small personal performance in the great hall would let people appreciate the lines without all the explosions and ichor flying around

Angling for a way to extend our search time.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Evil GM

Tweaker Only:
I need you to make a stealth check and tell me how long are you leaving for?


Evil GM

The crowd "oohs and aws" at the whipped, a few comment "put some back into that crop."


Evil GM

That is splendid idea but we are missing the devils and skelton trolls to truly reenact." He grins widely. "But perhaps John Deos and Duncan Redhammer can provide us a small showing of arms after the next curse, of course." He claps at the sound of particularly painful grunt.


Evil GM

There is nothing unusual from your point of view.

Orsin Only:
You don't see the majordomo, Crosael Simiin Rasdovain, anymore.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Gods get me away from this damn woman

Duncan ordinarily wouldn't mind talking booze. But he was a dwarf of action. This sitting around was accomplishing nothing.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin kindly excuses himself from Calseinica's presence once more, moving to where Duncan is visibly exhausted by his present company.

"I beg your pardon, my lady, but I must borrow my fellow survivor for a moment," Orsin gestures for a servant to refill her goblet, "Please enjoy the party."

After getting Duncan away from Mrs. Tilernos, he whsipers, "The majordomo is off somewhere and if I get her alone, I might have a shot at getting her to reveal which mirror is the portal to the Knot."

"Care to help me look for her?"

Aid another perception to help Duncan search for the majordomo: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 18


Evil GM

Orsin and Duncan, she is not in the dining hall, the honey room, the fruit tree room or the entrance hall.

I need Tweaker to answer a a couple questions for me before I can more on to the next course.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Well, sh*t. I don't think we're allowed in the kitchens, if that's where she is... We may have better luck looking for the mirror on our own. I have doubts though that we'll have much luck using a simple detect magic spell. If the mirror is truly a portal to an extra-dimensional pocket plane it's likely to have its magic cloaked, wouldn't it? Let's just return to the party."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Better just nibble on the edges for next course John. Or else you won't fit into your armor.

Andrea is wondering if she wasn't the only Urgathoian back before she had her conversion. This place was ripe for some lay followers.

Andrea will comment to Duncan about the possibility of her wrapping a drunk noble around her finger and going upstairs for a little after-shame scouting.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Do want ye want girl, ain't none o my business what low, underhanded, cunning, lack of self respectin', beneath ye acts ye resort to. None at all.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Awww...Duncan is so cute. When is Andrea going to get him on bed with her and Fiosa?

Lucrezia will make her way over to the mayor again. "I was wondering if you'd care to see what kind of marks that crop left on my fair skin?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Thank you Duncan, I can always count on you letting me know exactly how you feel.

Andrea leans in. Thank you for guarding my body that night at the Grotto. You are a good man.

Andrea pecks him on the forehead and heads off.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"I don't think that the act will be the only thing that's 'beneath her', Duncan," Orsin jokes. Hey, I think I'm funny.

"Frankly, we're running out of options. Where has Tweaker gone off to?"


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will join the others conversation. "He might have run off to investigate the hidden door in the northern room"


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker will go in Eeyore voice This food looks weird. Imma going to go look at the roses. They look nice. Are there bees making the honey?

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Tweaker will look around the table as he leaves to see reactions while seeming to be oblivious to see if anyone is taking interest in him.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27

Tweaker will make sure no one is watching him as he nears the corner.

Perception: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (1) + 18 = 19

Tweaker will then try and hide in the shadows as he can to work on the door as silently and quickly as possible.

Sneak: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Tweaker will go in the door and try not to be gone more than 10 minutes.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea does fire off to Orsin that I think everyone here is too blasted for the next gossip bit about the Grulios trying to find their son's killer and hiring someone to come in. Perhaps tomorrow.

Andrea waits until after the next course to find someone to flirt with and suggest they show her their etchings upstairs.


Evil GM

Tweaker what are you doing next? I put you on the map in the secret passage there are two ways to go you see small door handles at both ends of the hallway.

Current Map


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker will see if the south door is trapped and locked but then will head towards the west and do the same thing.

Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41
Perception: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (11) + 22 = 33

If needed
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (12) + 18 = 30
Disable Device: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24

He is not planning on going too far and then will return.

I am out of the house most of the day so bot if need be.


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:

Awww...Duncan is so cute. When is Andrea going to get him on bed with her and Fiosa?

Lucrezia will make her way over to the mayor again. "I was wondering if you'd care to see what kind of marks that crop left on my fair skin?"

The Mayor happily traces your welted skin with his chubby fingers. "Mmmm, your skin is warm at the welts...enticing." His breath is heavy and labored. "Perhaps a private private viewing later is in order? Maybe my hand would be so honored as to wield the crop next."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"A private viewing would be best. After all, it's so hard to feel the crop hitting my flesh through all these layers of clothes. Perhaps we could remove some later on and you can watch the welts form on my skin."


Evil GM

He nods in agreement. "Yes after the party, I can send for you."


Evil GM

The waiters begin to walk in room carrying large trays, one for each guest. The Mayor giggles, "Excellent...my favorite course of the night. Bonn-appetite."

He looks around and grimaces. "Oh my, we cannot begin this course without out esteemed Fool" He clicks his fingers and a waiter comes forth, "Get a few servants to help find our guest, he may be in the privy."

He smiles half hardheartedly and waving off the food for everyone.

You do know the food comes from somewhere near the front entrance way.


Evil GM

Neither door is trapped Tweaker.


Evil GM

Tweaker cracks the west door.

perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

He sees a busy food prep room that has 8 people scurrying around getting things ready. There is sudden urgency coming from the room with unidentified voice. Everyone stops wheat they are doing as they turn towards the voice. "Have anyone seen the Fool?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Back!

Andrea eyes the tray and tilts her head as the Mayor asks for the Fool. Don't get caught Tweaker. Andrea thinks.

Andrea is slightly concerned that Lucrezia might get put into a position that she doesn't want to be in.

Not that I have any objections to a little paddling but considering the Mayor's preferences, it might get harsher then she wants it to be.


Evil GM

"We will wait for the next course until Tweaker rejoins us, I'm sure he must be in the privy." The Mayor comments but a bit perturbed by the delay.


Evil GM

Tweaker will backtrack and try to sneak back into the honey room with the rose bushes.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

He manages to slip back inside the Honey room and there are several waiters in there. Stepping out from behind the roses."I can't believe I fell asleep in the roses, the wine must have gone to my head."

Bluff: 1d20 ⇒ 13

The waiter looks and nods at Tweaker escorting him back inside. Several folks look suspiciously at Tweaker when he gives that excuse, including the mayor.


Evil GM

"Now that he is back with us we can proceed with my favorite course." He motions for the waiters to reveal each guests tray.

11:00—The Ambrosial Serpents: A particularly unsettling course that
involves the guests eating live serpents that have been gorged
on drugged mice and other mind-altering substances. The snakes
are harmless.

Several of the guests clap a the delicacy. While there are a few raised eyebrows.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ohahahaha! SOmeone kill me please.

For some reason I am getting a Temple of Doom vibe here. :)

Oh...what the hell. Carpe Juglum

Andrea dings herself with Resistance and Guidance +1 Saving throws each and scarfs a snake.


Evil GM

The mayor slurps his wiggly snake down like pasta enjoying every last morsel of the delicacy.

5,501 to 5,550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | 115 | 116 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.