Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


501 to 550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Just because we are having troubles with the order of the rack does not mean I have a problem with all Hellknights. Besides that, he just shot an arrow at me."


Evil GM

Initative rolls:

henk Bash 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Cobb1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Clem1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

John1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Andrea1d20 + 0 ⇒ (9) + 0 = 9
Duncan1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Kenji1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Janiven1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Shinon1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Initative Order:

Henk Bash
Shinon
John
Duncan
Andrea
Clem
Kenji
Janeven
Cobb


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sigh, very well.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

There are sounds from the end of the tunnel sounds like scrapping and shuffling. Henk Bash holds action.

"There be 7 of 'em, retreat?" the shooter yells back.

"N'time te," come the brash sound from behind the shooter.

Shooter is behind partial cover as he leans into the tunnel form the side.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon shook his head. "This is a misunderstanding. John, if you feel this man is a threat, then take him out, but try to do it without killing him. Please."

Shinon will shift his bow to one hand and move towards the human, drawing his longsword as he walks. He hits the human with the flat of his blade.

Dealing nonlethal damage. -4 to hit. +2 bonus to hit and damage from Favored Enemy (Humans).

1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8
1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Why yes, there are quite a number of us. I think it would be very unwise for us to get to the bloodletting stage, just how many of you would die even if you did win? There are probably going to be real Hellknights down here very soon, so perhaps we just forget everyone was here and go where we need to?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Diplo: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

"Boss we gots a gabber 'ear.Sez they's not 'ellknights but they are leading 'em to us." Pausing a few seconds, "Boss, whatcha wanna do?


Evil GM

Shinon, are you running to get to him? a double move action will not get you there, you will be 15 feet shot. He is 60 feet from John, 65 feet from Duncan, 70 feet from Andrea, 75 feet from Shinon, 80 feet from the boy, 85 ft from Janiven, 90 ft from Kenji. YOu won't be able to hit him this round.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Clem, you just 'ell 'em to stop and parlay. What'ey w'nt wit us? How'd they'd find us? Why they leading 'ellknights to us?" the voice rattles behind the shooter.

"Yeah! Why'd you come and a bring 'em 'ellknights? Who be you anyway? AND STOP! the man asked sternly, "or i'll plant me arrow 'tween yer eyes."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea waits to see if Shinon stops his charge.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John moves forward, pints his sword at who appears to be the leader, and yells out "What are you doing down here and what was that scream. Tell me or I will cut you down."

Intimidation1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon will indeed stop and lower his blade 15 feet short of the man. He narrows his eyes. "We are not Hellknights. We are simply lost in the sewers and seek to surface somewhere. We would prefer somewhere that is not currently under the watchful gaze of the Order of the Rack. Do you know a way out of here?"

Diplomacy to try and improve his attitude:
1d20 ⇒ 8


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

Snarling at Shinon, "Ye come rushing up here all swollen chested tryin' to parlay, that ain't be a good parlay with weapon unsheathed,' with a ansty tone to his voice.

"dont' know whatcha think ye 'eard but the sewers pay tricks on the mind,, he flinches but doesn't seem to be intimidated by you John. By the time you poke that 'ellknight armor out you be peppered with by 20 arrows and that's before we cut ye legs off fer trespassin'"


Evil GM

Shinon:
You can see that the room you are looking into is very large at least 30 ft wide at points, wider than what you can rightfully perceive. You think there are multiple tunnels and cesspit in this area. Could be plenty of area for an ambush.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

We didn't purposely lead the hellknights to you but they are somewhere in the sewers behind us. As for why we are here we want to get out of these sewers and somewhere where hellknights won't introduce us to pliers and screws. We are here completley by accident and I personally have no beef with you."


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

He yells back,"The purdy one talks real sweeeeet but she gots goons up here who are all puffy chested, make sure the 8 of ye cover the hole real well...now."

He grins at Shinon. "Maggie Sue Longbeard might just like to roll wit you'd, if ye get my drift...make ye a real man." showing his crooked yellow teeth.

Shinon, John and Andrea make a Sense Motiive Check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Sense motive:1d20 ⇒ 10


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I hear the commotion from up from and tap Janiven on the shoulder. "Why we stop. Dere boices up a head. Common so bad, No can understand it. What happening? Who up dere stopping us?" I await an answer.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon blinks. "You...no, you know what? You're correct. You have my sincere apologies." Shinon steps back 5' and sheathes his sword, strapping his bow back to his back. He raises his hands in the air. "There you go. I have no wish to fight you, and neither does anyone else here. So, if you could please lead us out...we can pay you."

Shinon added the last part with a sincere nod, and glanced back at Andrea, giving her a subtle motion to draw some coin. "Perhaps 10 gold would be enough for you to lead us out of the sewer?"

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea nods. Or at least point us the way out and we'll forget this all ever happened. Is this all right with everyone? Janeven?"


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan pulls Jenavine close, I ain't happy wit them cries lass. Getting out is fine but if someone's getting tortured, I can't abide that. Ye with me?


Human, NPC
Kenji Masada wrote:
"Why we stop. Dere boices up a head. Common so bad, No can understand it. What happening? Who up dere stopping us?" I await an answer.

Perhaps, the funniest line so far coming from the foreigner.

"Sounds like we interupted a group of people in the tunnels, not sure what is happeneing," drawing her sword. "Something about 20 arrows...?" as her sentence trails off.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"Boss...sez they've gots coins to get out of the sewer, they lost, as the man's faces brightens with when he says coins.

A moment of time later, "Clem, you make sure you put an arrow in anyone who even flinches fer a weapon. The deeper voices directs. "Sez, the be 7 and they be runnin' from 'ellknights, hmmmmmm, thinking hard, "We can git ye out of the tunnel, witout bein' caught fer a price." the boss yells up.

Andrea and Shinon's Sense Motive results:
You both get the impression that coin could be the a motivating factor with this group. Also, Shinon, you realize the shot that came at John was with much more precision then the Armiger's crossbolts.

There is a loud splash coming from the room that the shooter is guarding.


NPC

The sound of voices echo behind you at a distance. Far enough away, to cause you no immediate threat but close enugh to know they are still hunting you. Sounds as if they are somewhat lost in their pursuit.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Hearing the approach Duncan whispers to Jenavine, Ye hear that girl. Maybe we can kill two birds.here. Draw hellknights into a 3 way fight. We snatch one o the ambushers an use the brawl to get away?


Human, NPC

Janiven looks at the dwarf, "Don't think the Arminger's will be ill equiped this time. Maybe have hounds and a REAL hellknight," pausing a bit "Besides, we are in the middle of this potential crossfire. Those in front will probably claim reward for holding us up."

Shaking her head, Sometimes its better to cut a deal that stinks little, in order to get avoid the real rotten end. We could regather and come back another time for this group.

Looking down the tunnel you all came from with concern.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"How m'ch gold they gots?" the voice from within the room shouts.

Clem responds,"Sez 10 gold fer the 7 of 'em, but they look like they'd pay 20 gold fer a safe way out.

Clem's Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

"Boss,'em, 'ellknights bout 5 minutes behind from the sound of things."


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon sighed and shrugged unhappily. "20 gold? Now that's just unreasonable. Who do you think we are? Nobles? I'm a plain-working man, just like you, and 20 gold is an entire month's salary for me...but still. Any way out is better than none at this point. You've forced my hand. 20 gold, and not a copper more. Do we have an accord?"

Bluff check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

"I think ye be runners from the law...that has a premium built in it. Besides ye be the one's lost...not us,"with a big yellow toothy grin he chortles.

"Now, ye can pass a sack of gold fer me to count, if is matches then we gots a deal, right boss?"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon nodded. "Just let me retrieve it from my friend, alright? Look, I'm backing up slowly, I'm not reaching for my weapons." Shinon kept his hands above his waist and in front of him as he slowly backed up next to Andrea and took the small sack from her. He counted out 18 gold pieces and 20 silver pieces, making sure not to show a copper piece more than that, and put them in his own small sack. He slowly walked back towards the human, again, keeping both hands away from his body, until he reached the square in front of him, and offered the sack to the man.

Perception: Shinon scans the man's body, paying particular attention to his hands and neck, looking for a signet ring or a similar item that would tie the man to a noble family.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

As you approach you catch a glimpse inside the oddly shaped room and there is a cesspit in there. There is another person visible to you, he has steel shield with spike on one arm and holding a nice looking heavy pick easily with the other. He has a black cloak on and chain shirt under it.

The room looks large enough to hide others.

The man who takes the coin purse has callused fingers and beautiful short composite bow, a brown hooded cloak, and large well crafted mace hanging under his cloak. No rings were observed.

He begins to count out the coin...1...2...3...darn, 1...2...3...4...5...the process is painfully slow but he finally gets to the 18 GP. His eyes flicker over the silver pieces, The counts out the silver. Only needing to restart three times.

{b]"We have a deal...sure you don't want a romp with Longbeard?[/b] he chuckles loudly.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon looks at Clem, then glances over his shoulder at Andrea, and whispers, "See that wench over there? You said she can talk pretty, but that's not the only thing she can do with her mouth, by far. So don't worry about me, I'm good." He gives the human the lewdest grin he can manage, and then thumbs over his other shoulder.

"So, we've got some guys on our tail. I trust that part of the arrangement is that you won't let it slip that we were here, right? Sorry to rush you, but we do have a time limit here, so can you just show us to the surface, please?"

Shinon definitely is suspicious about these guys, but escape is more important right now, since they have a child in tow.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea merely stays quiet as the others finish the deal.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan is smart enough to bide his time, he didn't like it but they needed to get out. For now these guys were on his 'watch' list.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I, who am stuck in the back of the group closest to the approaching hellknights mind you, seem just a bit concened. Whispering with a hint of panic I announce. "We has to hurry. Knights behind getting croser. What we wasting time on?"


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

The man slides the pouch in his cloak, "nobody said nothin' about keepin' quiet," laughing and waving you through. He whisper,This one here glancing at Andrea."

Motioning for you all to move on, "Cobb be leading you through the tunnel...nights about to fall...need to be 'xtra cautious."

This is the view of the room, CLICK HERE

There are two other visible people in the room. All the men look hardened and well equiped. Cobb motions for the group to hurry up and to follow him.

The biggest one, the boss, looks like he would be one hell of battle in hand to hand combat, while the other two look like brothers who are comfortable with their shortbows.

The boss speaks, "You've got me word, you'll get out in a safe location, foll'wr Cobb." There is a large dark tacky looking spot by his feet near the cesspit.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon definitely scans the boss, again, looking for any sign of ties to a noble family.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


Evil GM

Everyone able to see the picture of the room?

Can I assume you are going to follow Cobb without any combat? or without trying to investigate the room? If so, then I will issue the XP and we can move you ut of the sewer.

Shinon there is nothing noble about this group.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I only fight when threatened. If the group hasn't begun combat then neither will I. I follow. Still confused as to what exactly is going down but I have come to trust my new friends so I follow.


Evil GM

You all did a great job with this group of ruffians, perhaps a potiential ally or reoccurring villian, time will tell. This would have been a tough battle for everyone, there were only three visble members there, but Henk is built for battle.

Your group would be led to an area about 3 blocks North of the safehouse.

Here is the City Map: City Map You are let out just North of the Shrine of Aroden (Safe House) and it is 15 minutes before dusk and the curfew.

XP for Ruffian encounter and running the sewer gauntlet

XP:
400 Each for the Ruffians and 400 each for Running the Sewer Gauntlet.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Duncan does his best to memorise the route and location, this lot were the type he encountered in allyways in need of retribution...


Evil GM

Duncan and make a Knowledge Dungeoneering, if you don't have that then straight Knowledge check to see how much he can remember.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon: Know (Dungeoneering) 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

While John agreed to let these people escort them out with out a fight, John has plans form returning in the future when the Hellkinghts are not chasing them.


Evil GM

John, Duncan and others that seems like a great role playing discussions when you are in the safehouse. Introduce yourselves, chat about the sewers, what the screaming was about who was henk Bash and his cohorts, and so forth.


Human, NPC

Janiven takes point weaving and leading you towards an abandoned shrine of Aroden. It is common knowledge that even in a Country like Cheliax with its outward worhip of Asmodeus, that the government does not trample on a sacred religious sites. The government does not mantain these sites they simply ignore them. There is a long standing law that forbids secular groups from looting, rebuilding, or harming houses of worship, even those of dead gods. This actually proves beneficial because Hellknights understand this law and are hesistant to raid these religious sites.

The Shrine of Aroden serves as a safehouse to the fledgling group that Janiven and Arael has recruited. The fascade is of an old and filthy building, and all the windows are boarded up or covered with dark curtains.

Janiven uses a special knock at a secluded rear door that has a 8 foot wall nearby. Out of the line of site from prying eyes. The door is opened and the group is let in.

There is a commotion coming from the kitchen where there are others talking about a course of action to free Arael. As you all enter the room hushes...


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I look to Janiven. "Dese your friends? It seems do knights not found dis prace yet. Hope it stays dat way. Now we can rest moment and correct our toughts and come up with puran of action yes?"


Human, NPC

Yes, yes..first some brief introductions then everyone can clean up and we can talk and plan. These are my friends.

She goes around the room quickly, You already know Morosino but this is: Amaya, a pretty female human; Ermolos, a muscular human male; Fiosa, a female halfling; Gorvio, a male human with vibrant amber eyes; Larko, a quiet male human; Mathalen, a thin female human; Rizzardo, a large muscular male human male; Sclavo, a soft spoke male human; Tarvi, quick witted human female; Vitti, an eccentic human male with green hair; and Yakopulio, a female gnome with a sarcastic tone to her. Everyone is happy to meet you and will have a thousand questions once you get cleaned up.

Janiven stops their questions and insists that they give everyone a chance to get clean, then join the group for a meal, where news can be shared.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I smile at Janiven, "I understand why you so desparate to clean, you have much nicer scent when we first met." I state playfully.

I turn to those in the room and bow in the tradition Minkakian fashion. "I Kenji Masada, I rook forward to workin wit each of you to herup dis sity. Do I not from dese rands, I care for the weru being of folk ebery where and hope to make a important change for you ah. Now I rook forward to meeting each of you formarry but first, I need smeru better so if you excuse me."

I go where Janiven directs to get cleaned up and do my best to get any pungent oder out of my skin and hair. After I finish I clean my cloths.

Once I am sure the bad smell is gone, shouldn't be too hard as I wasn't one of those who fell in the muck, I head down to the room where the others have gathered.

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get all that nonsense out of the way =)

501 to 550 of 26,346 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.