Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,401 to 5,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

When in whisper range of anyone in our group:
When I looked up, I saw something like a devil-like shape through the glass. I don't know that if that means there is a devil around.


Evil GM

There are nearly forty guests at this event. The mayor leads you to beautiful lady, who is wearing a scanty blue gown cut high alon the sides and low in the front, her long crimson hair is up in a ponytail and a strange draped fur over her shoulders - what appears to be a serpent, wolf-headed creature with wings. "It is my pleasure to introduce you to Lady Chammady Drovenge." She has a tight lipped smile on her face, she nods once at the group.

----
The Mayor turns to his right, "Esteemed General Vourne, these are the Survivors of the SixFold Trials," He then proceeds to rattle off each of your names once again.


Evil GM

The room's lights flicker all at one time, briefly and in unison. "Stupid spirits...need to get that looked into next week." The mayor grumbles.

"Well I must go check with my majordomo to make sure everything is on track, help yourself to more wine." He walks over to the lady that was announcing each member as they walked into the mansion.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

DM:
If I can make it out
Knowledge planes: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Drovenge, the ones with the connection to the Red Knives gang. Andrea takes note of the flicker and the mayor's response. Elementals in the lights?


Evil GM

John Only:
You can make a knowledge planes but your really can't make anything out other than your thought you caught a quick glimpse of devil's image.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

...Drovenge...

"My Lady Drovenge, it is an honor to make your acquaintance."

Orsin ramps up the charm and seduction as much as he can to the blue-clad noblewoman.

Do I notice anything about her that might use to my advantage in getting to know her better.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Hmm, guess not.

EDIT: Also, to seduce someone should I use Bluff or Diplomacy? I've heard arguments for both and it always seems to be a GM call.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Knowledge local for General Vourne and Lady Chammady Drovenge:
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Evil GM

Replying to Orsin, "I'm sure it is for you." She spots someone across the room and walks away, but you can tell most people in the room do their best to get close enough for a talk.

Seduction roll a diplomacy.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I believe that one will be a tough nut to unfreeze. Andrea whispers to Orsin when she gets a moment alone with him.I do have a spell called Culteral Adaptation that can help break the ice. Lasts 40 ticks of the clock so I can powder my nose and then mingle, with some people buttered up, later chatting up will be much easier.

Andrea also passes along to the others that the Drovenges have a connection to the Red Knife gang in the sewers.


Evil GM

Lucrezia you know General Vourne is the Commander of the Gemcrown Bay Imperial Fleet. He is known for his grim sour faced man, stern and unyielding. He is wearing a stiff suit of blcak ceremonial leather armor that displays his rank in the Chelish navy.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia will hold out her free hand to the General. "Pleasure to meet you sir. Did you happen to catch the play?"


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
Lucrezia will hold out her free hand to the General. "Pleasure to meet you sir."

"Pleasure" he kisses your hand. He looks a bit bored about the overall banquet.

You can make a Know: History or Profession Sailor


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Knowledge sailor 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Evil GM

There are plenty of folks to chat with.

Calseinica Nymmis hurries over to Orsin and immediately slips her arm inside his elbow. "Hi," she smiles and kisses Orsin's cheek.


Evil GM

Lucrezia Only:
Lucrezia you can sense if you chat about his main interest ships and wartalk he may actually warm up a bit. You get a +4 bonus based on your initial roll to learn gossip from him.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will stay the heck away from Thelsig..Or would it be handy to have a dumb dandy wrapped around your finger?

Andrea winks to Orsin and powders her nose, or more exactly, casts Cultural Adaptation Lasts 40 minutes. Gives +2 to Diplomacy

While inside the loo, Andrea's stance, accent and mannerisms take on a Chelish quality. She gracefully exits the watecloset and smiles as her eyes look over the crowd. Lady Grulios suggested spreading the rumor about the shipment we are supposed to guard. I wonder who might be an appropriate party goer to chat to?

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Perhaps we can have a meet-up spot whenever we need to quickly pass information?


Evil GM

"Hello gentleman...I'm Lady Sascar Tilernos and I thought your performances were terrific." She introduces herself to Duncan and John, extending her hand. She has a nearly finished goblet in her other hand. She has delicate features but too much makeup. Her silver hair is up in an extremely tight bun, over which she wears an outrageous headpiece shaped like a winged, erupting volcano.


Evil GM

Thesling and Delour are noticeably missing from the event.

Andrea you are amazed a the sea of people mingling and chatting and laughing. The mayor looks happy as he floats around the room. Unfortunately, its a bit overwhelming for you at first view.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

"Hello again, Miss Nymmis. How do you find the party?" Orsin asks in return. He guides her around the floor, eavesdropping on the conversations of the other Brotherhood members as he does.

Perception to eavesdrop: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Thanks Andrea for the spell, I owe you!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Hello, and thank you."


Evil GM

"I heard he has had several member so that." Three women chat.

---
"The mayor has gremlins and spirits causing him a nightmare with the house."

---

"I hear the mayor is opening his special wine reserves and the honey-roasted hog-fish are going to be to die for."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

sense motive to know if he tells the truth plus I want to know if he actually wants to be here or if he's under the mayors influence 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
diplomacy to learn gossip and flirt 1d20 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 1 + 4 = 16

Lucrezia attempts to engage the General in small talk, starting with the trip across the river in the pleasure barge and her annoyance that some of the nobles complained about the crews lack of competence in sailing when the crew was actually quite competent and you don't even sail a barge. Then leads into how much different a barge is from being able to sail on an actual ship and see nothing but ocean all around.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea pats Tweaker on the shoulder when she runs across him. Don't worry, just hang on till the first course then you can have a little more freedom to move around.

Not surpirsed those twits are absent, they missed their chance at murder and are no doubt pouting

Andrea does mingle, giving little chats and greetings, trying to get a sense of things.

Such a disspointment that Thelsing and Delour are not here. I must say that it is almost unsportmanlike considering their key parts in the play.

Diplomacy for tossing a little dirty gossip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Evil GM

The General smirks, "So you know the water?" His left eyebrow raises slightly. It seems like the first time he has been somewhat interested in anything since you've seen him.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

After ten minutes have passed or so, Orsin leads Calseinica over to Lady Chammandy Drovenge.

"Lady Drovenge, allow me to introduce you to the splendid Calseinica Nymmis, one of the stars of our little performance."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

"As I understand it, your family are great patrons of the theatre. We performers are indebted to the fineness of taste like yours."


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
"Hello, and thank you."

She tips her goblet again, then smacks her lips a bit. Looking a a bit disappointed at her glass. "So were the fight scenes actually real? They looked real enough."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"I've spent some time on the water myself sir. You could say it runs in the family, my father and brother are currently serving in the navy."


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"They were quite real. I had no fear of dieing though."


Evil GM

A well dressed bald-headed man approaches you Andrea. "Good evening...Andrea is it? Yes, that was announced." his mellifluous voice is like sugar. "I'm Lord Eirtein Oberigo, of House Oberigo, at your service. Shall we refill our goblets?"

You can make a know local or nobility


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
baldwin the merciful wrote:

A well dressed bald-headed man approaches you Andrea. "Good evening...Andrea is it? Yes, that was announced." his mellifluous voice is like sugar. "I'm Lord Eirtein Oberigo, of House Oberigo, at your service. Shall we refill our goblets?"

You can make a know local or nobility

Know-Local: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

A pleasure to meet you Lord Oberigo. I am indeed Andrea and yes, please top up my wine. Andrea gestures to a servent while chatting to the man about the play and local news. She takes tiny sips to wet her whistle and doesn't match the hearty drinking.

..The Grulios are in a rather unfortunate position I belive. Andrea gossips. Lady Grulios is an excellent host but they are rather short staffed, my fellows and I were contacted about providing security for a shipment next Moonday at dock 31. My heart goes out to her with her loss, so we are giving it serious consideration. How are you faring considering the latest troubles? I must say I am sleeping much better with the reduction in gang activity..


Evil GM

Lady Drovenge smiles, "Yes, the arts have their purpose. Oh, yes weren't you the bimbo who ran around the stage yelling?" She asks Nymmis. "Not much acting there."


Evil GM
Lucrezia Villanova wrote:
"I've spent some time on the water myself sir. You could say it runs in the family, my father and brother are currently serving in the navy."

He brightens up. "What ships are they on and their rank?"

"These social events are so ...time consuming. However, I was in town and an invitation was extended."


Evil GM
John Deos wrote:
"They were quite real. I had no fear of dieing though."

"No fear...well, I fear that my cup is quite empty."


Evil GM

Andrea you know this man is the head of his house and it is one of the most powerful and influential noble family's in the city.


Evil GM

Tweaker the Mayor comes up to you and starts chatting with you. "Your performance was outstanding...often that role is cut of the play but I certainly believe you played the part very well. What else have you appeared in?" He waves over of the waiter to bring the two of you more wine.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Well, my father's currently serving on the warship <insert name here> as a gunnery Sargent. My little brother is an ensign aboard <insert name here>, which I believe is still on pirate watch duty along the trade routes.

"And I couldn't agree more that these things can be tiresome, but it would have been too rude to decline the invitation. Though I do wish they could at least serve some other drinks. I know the wine is of an excellant vintage, but a choice of rum or whiskey would have been nice as well.

I hope I gave actual ranks and I just can't think of ship names right now.


Evil GM

"So the Grulios' are short of security on their docks." He nods appreciatively, "yes, my family is well guarded but it is dangerous in the city. Protection is important."

He looks around, "This old house - Aberian's Folly is an interesting building. Lots of history here." As the lights flicker.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks up at the lights. Indeed, a long time structure in the city I believe and host to every mayor. Andrea notices the flickering lights. Plus a few gremlins it seems. Andrea giggles and waves at the lights. I wonder if we could arrange a gremlin hunt, might be an interesting diversion.Such a well made entranceway, Andrea points at the small bridge. I would love to see more of the arcitecture, especially the kitchens. I gained a love of culinary arts from my mother

True.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Sorry tonight was my game night and things happened where I was not at computer a few hours before that.

Tweaker says sorry about the wine and takes a taste.

Listen and watch: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

A little earlier while we were still at the entryway.

Andrea pats Tweaker's back. There you go my good Fool! When they have a little time to themselves.

Just mingle around and try to get a good idea of the place, I will try moving inthe other direction and get the lay of the place.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker just tries to move around and stays out of the way and tries to blend into the background while listening to the guests. He is trying to hear anything he can pass on.

Listen intently to whispered conversations and hidden motions: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Tweaker sips at the wine and waves off the extra wine. He sticks to the Eeyore voice I was watching rehearsals and was seen. Guess the director thought I would be good at it. I don't know why I got the job but made me some money. I can buy candy. I do not like this wine stuff. It puts me to sleep.

Playing dumb: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Bet your carriage the fights were real. When word got out they were putting on the play we figured what better way for a Warrior to demonstrate his skill before the people who mattered. Well, me an john at least. John here has aspirations on becoming a Hellknight. Meself, I am a smith by trade and warrior by circumstance. I work for Grumm Sharpest, finest Smith in Westcrown,as he should be since he's been swinging a hammer longer any human Smith been alive. Why I owe me life to the very weapons I be carrying. This here be the very hammer that SHATTERED the burning Troll skeleton in a Single, blow.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin reacts to this interesting new situation in one of two ways:

If Calseinica remains: "Well, the play does call for some rather intense moments, I suppose."

OR

If Calseinica leaves on account of the insult: "Yes, she was rather ghastly, wasn't she?"

EITHER WAY, HE CONTINUES,

"I must say, it was rather invigorating to take part in such lively action on the stage. An old acquaintance of mine, the tenor Gregorio Ardiavinci, was rumored to have performed in entertainments in Westcrown not long ago. Have you heard of him?"


Evil GM

Lord Eirtein Oberigo looks around then comments that,

Andrea Only:
[b]'This house does have its secrets. There are three distinct area of this manor, what you see as the main house which three floors; the dungeons below fondly known as the Nessian Spiral—a place even he would hesitate to try to enter; an then and the manor vaults named the Asmodean Knot. If you are willing to work as hired arms for Grulios, well...I would be happy to pay you 2000 gold if you could find and tell me where the Asmodean Knot is located." He smiles slightly.


Evil GM

The general laughs at Lucrezia's rum and whiskey comment and gets the waiters attention, "The lady and I will each have your finest black rum." He smiles, "That is a true statement." his manner is a tad bit more welcoming now. "Your father and brother are the backbones of an efficient ship and what did you do on board an why would you choose land now?" As if that is an obvious question.


Evil GM

The mayor looks at Tweaker, "You can buy candy, interesting. Seems like you are a bit of a simpleton. oh well, your performance was excellent." he excuses himself and begins to make more announcements about the first course being served soon. "There are no assigned seats please sit, chatter and enjoy the first course when it is served."


Evil GM

Lady Tilernos says, "how exciting for the two of you. I know nothing about fighting or weapons but my family has its share of warriors." She slips her arms between Duncan's and John's, 'let have the first course course together...tell me about dwarven drinks."


Evil GM
Orsino 'Orsin' Bessatte wrote:

Orsin reacts to this interesting new situation in one of two ways:

If Calseinica remains: "Well, the play does call for some rather intense moments, I suppose."

OR

If Calseinica leaves on account of the insult: "Yes, she was rather ghastly, wasn't she?"

EITHER WAY, HE CONTINUES,

"I must say, it was rather invigorating to take part in such lively action on the stage. An old acquaintance of mine, the tenor Gregorio Ardiavinci, was rumored to have performed in entertainments in Westcrown not long ago. Have you heard of him?"

Calseinica is speechless. Lady Dovenge simply turns her back on Orsin walking toward the Mayor.


Male Dwarf Expert 1/Inquisitor 4 (Witchunter) Int+4, F6, R1, W4, +4 vs Spells/PoisonAC19/T12/FF17, HP46/4663/67 when raging

Strong and straight to yer head I am afraid, Ma'am. Dwarf and Elf cultures been brewing for millennia more than what humans have, being a young race. But the types we brew and drink're reflecting what materials we got....Duncan is happy to talk booze while calling the waiter to refill the ladies cup.

5,401 to 5,450 of 26,346 << first < prev | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | 114 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.