Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


5,351 to 5,400 of 25,172 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>

Evil GM

At five o'clock Orsin and the Carriage arrives at the Grotto to pick up Tweaker, Andrea and Lucrezia. The first two to get picked up. The weather is horrible now, a downpour of rain. As the carriage makes it's way toward John, then Duncan's location.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Well it looks like this is it. Andrea adjusts her clothing some
more. Trickery be with everyone. Andrea makes a small motion representing one of the Sacred Stings


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan hops onto the carriage when it arrives. As usual the Dwarf looks ready for war. owever his armor and weapons are immaculate and his gear is squeaky clean and lightly oiled. He spent the better part of the morning practicing his sneaking. Getting in tune withhow to move quietly despite all his gear.
Duncan's default teamwork feat at the Mayors house is STEALTH SYNERGY. When he sneaks about with an ally (tweaker) he can take the better of his or tweaker's stealth rolls


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

So just don't try sneaking with John and you will be ok, huh? :)


Evil GM

After the carriage picks up Duncan the storm grows and the skies burst with thunder and lightning. The carriage rambles to John's mentor's home and the last member is picked up. The hooves splashing through the puddles of water. It's a long slow ride. Hail begins to pelt down and the two horse whine in pain.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Should we wait out the hail at least?


Evil GM

There is crack and boom from the lightning. The horses begin to race along as the carriage wheels rattle. "Yah...yah...yah."


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Maybe we should just hurry to the mansion and try to get us and them under cover there?"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Mmmm... Very well. Tis strange, it is very cloudy and the sun is blocked. I wodner if the Shadowbeasts ever come out during cloudy stormy days.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"Oh I really hope not."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Same here. Depending where our rooms are, we might be able to have one of our friends sneak extra equipment to us if we open a window. We will have to see.


Evil GM

As your carriage arrives:

A corpulent building of iron and stone looms over its neighbors in southern Westcrown—the mayor’s abode is anything but subtle. This is no mere house, but rather a bloated near-castle of ochre and black, a huge manor with rusting gargoyles dancing upon its gables among hooks and nails to prevent the birds from settling. Iron gutters vomit rainwater onto the cobbled streets below, but bright lights burn fierce in every window while plumes of smoke boiling up from nearly two dozen chimneys
promise an interior as warm and welcome as the exterior is cold and forbidding. Carriages arrive, belching forth their well-dressed contents at the end of a long canvas-topped walkway extending from the manor grounds’ front gates to the villa’s front doors, offering new arrivals
protection from the rain on the short trip by carriage to Cornucopia.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea looks out the window and crinkles her nose. Charming. Andrea takes a few deep breaths and focuses herself with a few prayers as she waits for the footman to open the door.. When her turn comes, Andrea steps out gracfully and waits for the oothers to accompany her inside.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin watches the building loom closer through the rain-spattered carriage window. Drovenge...Diosa... he chants in his mind, his heart fixed towards bloody vengeance. As the door opens and Andrea is the first to make her way out, he affects a convincing smile and smooths his clothes.

Showtime.

Did they want us to arrive in costume? If so, then let's assume we're all dressed as such.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan gets out of the carriage and runs an appraising eye over the manor house.
Place is a fortress of a house....

How odd that on a 'stealth' infiltration mission he would be openly allowed to carry his full arsenal.But he was told to come in costume and this (barring the new breastplate) was what he'd performed in.


Evil GM

I'm assuming you came in costume.

Your group is greeted by cringing, rainsoaked servants along with the relatively dry, canvas -roofed pathway from the the front gats to the main hall. As each person is escorted into the dry covering there are two servants each who are driers with fluffy towels. They, also, secure your top coats, hats and take your luggage to be brought up to your guest rooms.

As each of you line up to be presented, you notice a relatively attractive, middle-aged woman who is wearing dark robes. She is standing at the doorway to the grand festival hall.

Know: nobility if you have it.

She announces:

Duncan Redhammer - Monris Blaksward. There is applause.
Andrea - Tybain There is some foot stomping.
John Deos - Drovalid A few cheers with the claps.
Lucrezia Villanova - Dentris The applause especially is loud form the men in the hall.
Tweaker - Fargus the Traveled A huge applause arises.
Orsino Bessate - Lazarod There is hooting, hollering and big time roar with the final proclamation.

Each person needs to make a diplomacy roll.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Yes, in costume with my new boots and cloak.
diplomacy 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
any chance I could use Bluff +9 instead?
You know, to fake that I actually want to be at a party like this?


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Yes, including mask. Is that the majordomo?

Know: Local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 20

Tweaker will fall and roll to standing again.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18

Ugh, two rolls below ten. I won't forget this, dice roller.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Diplomacy1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19do I add fame?


Evil GM

Diplomacy and know: Nobility only. No fame addition.

Orsin having someone announce you entrance is a complete surprise to you. You have no idea who this is making these announcements.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I am awake!

Andrea gives a little polite wave as she stands amongst the people who were yeling for her death not so long ago

Know-nobility: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Oh little piggies. If there is one reason I will stay with this little mission is so I can lead the mob.Wait, so I can direct the mob to drag you all out of your homes.


Evil GM

Andrea you have no idea why you are being announced, its sort of surprising.

You all are the last people to arrive and there are some 40 guests attending. As you enter the Mayor is in the receiving line shaking hands with each member. Standing just outside the line are several waiters handing out a fine red wine.

The Mayor says, "Please take a cup and join me in a toast."


Evil GM

"To the finest show this year. I honor you the director," he motions to Robahal. "You the ever stunning Calseinica Nymmis" He tips his goblet towards the actress. "But this show was elevated to next level by these six Survivors of the Sixfold Trial." He walks and clinks each and every one of your goblets and stands before you. "Cheers and drink up there is plenty more to be served all night."


Evil GM

Here is a map.

MAP OF ENTRANCE HALL


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan drinks his wine, but is mindful of the warning to not drink too much. He makesa mental note to tell his allies.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea clinks her glass against Robahal's and takes a little sip. Thank you for your generous hospitality.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

Tweaker clinks glasses then just holds the glass. He tries to shuffle into John's shadow.


Evil GM

"You must tip your glass young man." The jovial mayor insists.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Oh my dear Fool! Andrea jibes with Tweaker. Enjoy a sip of this fine vintage! I assure you, your tumbles will be ever so more graceful!


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Lucrezia clinks goblets with the mayor and takes a sip of her. "Truly a fine wine your honor, I'm eager to see what else you plan to serve us tonight."


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Orsin takes a modest sip after clinking goblets with everyone. He waits for the mayor to respond to Lucrezia before saying, "Esteemed mayor, it is a privilege that we find ourselves in such august company. We simply must have introductions with your honored guests." He says this with a graceful flourish, indicating the other nobles at the party.


Male Half-Elf Rogue (Trapsmith) 4 Fame 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 AC 19 Touch 14 Flat 15 Fort +1, Ref +8, Will +3 (+2 vs Ench) Perc +14/convo-hidden +18/traps +22

The fool tips his glass so a few drops fall to the floor. In the Eeyore type voice Like this?


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Andrea laughs a bit at Tweaker's antic, but adds a tiny bit of insistance to her words. Oh Fool! You steal the show no matter where you go., but please, just a little sip to celebrate our good fortune. Andrea cliks her glass against Tweaker's and takes another small sip.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Showing no manners but counting on it being 1/2 expected the gruff dwarf attempts to take the focus off Tweaker. He downs his glass in one great swallow. BY ASMODEAUS, THAT'S A FINE DROP. MUST BE OLDER THAN ME!!


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Diplomancy: 1d20 ⇒ 19

John will silently toast and take a sip.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Girltalk between Fiosa and Janiven:
Fiosa and Janiven watched as the carriage drove off with several of the group. Looking down, Janiven noticed that Fiosa had a worried look on her face.

You really are getting along quite well. Janiven noted. I half expected violence when you approached Andrea.

Fiosa gave a small nod . Things have been getting better, even though Andrea can be somewhat exaperating sometimes.

Oh? Just how?

Fiosa looked around a little to make sure they were alone.Well..Andrea can just be so horny at times! Goddess! She has gone from cold to hot in the last few weeks. She said she would like to take me to the grotto and share a man. Fiosa held her hand to her forehead as if she had a headache.

Janiven just held her hand over her mouth as her shoulders shuddered with laughter.


Evil GM
Tweaker wrote:
The fool tips his glass so a few drops fall to the floor. In the Eeyore type voice Like this?

The mayor's eyes get a bit wide with deliberate spillage, "Please lets not waste such a fine vintage." His voice becomes a bit stern on the point.

He turns to the astute Dwarf, "Aye it would be close contest between ages."


Evil GM

The Mayor looks at Orsin and smiles, "Yes, everyone will mingle for the next hour, get to know one another, the first of six courses begins at the top of the hour (7:00) then the top each hour thereafter."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I eagerly await the fine dishes your chefs will produce. An array of local and foreign dishes I dishes I hope.


Evil GM

lets see if this works with eh fog of war feature...still fumbling through it.

FOG OF WAR MAP


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Looks good


Evil GM

Here is a second look:

Mayor's Great Hall


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

FoW seems to be workign well.


Evil GM

The front entrance hall is thickly carpeted and well lit, the walls of this manor hand with many painting of past mayors and nobility. Two-thirds of the spots are empty - their portraits and painting having been removed.

As you walk into the enormous great hall, you cross a bridge that goes over of a running stream. The ceiling looks at an open sunny sky. There is a large devil's mouth at the north end which serves as the pump for the water. The area is well lit. The banks of the stream are think with wildflowers

You can make a perception check.

The banquet is an immense chamber that is heated by six giant fireplaces. The walls are decorated with unsettling landscapes of twisted hellish realms that, upon closer inspection, seem to depict Westcrown as if it were located in Hell itself. The largest feature in the room is giant "H" shaped table - this is where the Cornucopia takes place.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 74/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

Perception 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Yep, I'm oblivious right now.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15


Evil GM

Perception 20+ ONLY:
When you stare at the sky ceiling you get a brief glimpse of what looks like a devil-like shape flits furtively across the sky.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Woohoo, in the 12 club with Lucrezia.

5,351 to 5,400 of 25,172 << first < prev | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | 112 | 113 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.