Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


451 to 500 of 25,194 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Human, NPC

Janiven will hold her action. She will make an acrobatics check and cross the narrow plank.

Acro: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 and she falls in.

reflex to see if she losses her bow: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21. She hung on to her bow.


Evil GM
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea, seeing that #4 and #5 seem to be snarled up to melee, and that her attempts at shooting with her crossbow have not done well, grabs her sickle and commands it to lash out at Armiger #6.

[ooc] Hand of Acolyte attack on #6[ooc] 4 out of 6 used.

1d20+4;1d6

Who is she using this on?


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon blinks and almost drops his bow in surprise. "What the...damnit!" He quickly sets his bow down and rushes over to the sewage, trying to fish Janiven out.

Shinon will reach down and grab her hand if she's close enough to the edge. Otherwise he will throw her one end of his rope and then pull. (Obviously the second will take longer than one round, so probably just get to the edge and draw the rope for now).

This is replacing my previously stated attack action for Rd 5.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
baldwin the merciful wrote:
Andrea1 wrote:

Andrea, seeing that #4 and #5 seem to be snarled up to melee, and that her attempts at shooting with her crossbow have not done well, grabs her sickle and commands it to lash out at Armiger #6.

[ooc] Hand of Acolyte attack on #6[ooc] 4 out of 6 used.

1d20+4;1d6

Who is she using this on?

Armiger #6, the one who retreated and pulled out a potion


Evil GM

There is a loud splash as Armiger #6 falls over half in the trench but his feet up on the ledge.


NPC

Without warning Arminger #5, taking off running back in the direction he came from. Leaving only Armiger 4 to face the onslaught.

Armiger #4 swings at Duncan:

Att at dauncan: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 131d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 missing widely wiht a loud grunt.


Evil GM

Duncan and John are remaining in this round.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

John will attempt to overrun Armiger 4.

Overrun:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Pretty sure he's in Melee with Duncan
Shoulda run as well, boy.

2 hand, Destruction Judgement, Destructive Smite, Bless, Divine Favor Attack1d20 + 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage1d8 + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 4 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 14


Evil GM

The last one is DEAD.

What are you all doing now? Doing anything with the bodies?


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"No point in letting them die." John will pull Arimger 6 out of the trench.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I am unsure that is a wise move considering that they are more than willing to deliver us to their 'interrorgators'. Hopefully it will not come back to haunt us. Andrea casts a detect magic cantrip and scans the bodies. In any event, we cannot tarry here. That last one will be getting reinforcements.


Evil GM

After pulling him out of the trench it is easy to figure out he has gone to meet Asmodeus.


Evil GM

The detect magic comes up with potions on each of the Armigers. There are four bandoleers, each with 2 remaining potions. I believe Kenji took two already and they have faint glow to them.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I move over to help Janiven out of the muck. "Someday I teach you barance and technique. Den you not end up in smerry praces." I brace myself and pull her up.


Evil GM

There are 4 longswords, 2 are of a better craftsmeanship then the other two, and there are 6 light crossbows, two of the crossbows are a better quality. there are a total of 61 bolts. There are 4 chain shirts and helmets (the helmets are hellknight issued.

Gold: 4d12 + 5 ⇒ (1, 2, 12, 3) + 5 = 23
SP: 4d12 + 5 ⇒ (10, 11, 10, 4) + 5 = 40
CP: 4d12 + 5 ⇒ (9, 3, 2, 12) + 5 = 31

I'm not sure if anyone was going ot fetch the Armiger that is under water?


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

We're gonna need funds to lay low. Me boss at the smithy will be able to resell thier gear. Strip the chain shirts first they're worth the most. Then carry everything we can. Equip yeselfs if ye got poor gear. Then we git outta here. We wanna follow the coward? whever he'sgoin' there'd be an exit but maybe more knights. We can catch up to him quick if we keep the light up. Fool took off wit out a torch. Probably staggering in the muck or crawling slow. Either way he's blind in the dark.

Anyone care to track party loot?


Human, NPC

Janiven lets Shinon and Kenji give her a hand. She laughs hearing Kenji speak to her about balance. "Well hopefully this is the beginning of a long path together and I can take you up on your generous offer," She smiles and winks.

She points at the corner edge near the wear Kenji was fighting. Grinning ear to ear now.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"So much for that idea" John says to himself, then to Andrea "Yes, we should leave soon." John then turns his attention back to the dead Armiger thinking to himself Well since he won't be needing these things anymore... John will take the armiger's dagger, Chainshirt. John will also take one of the better quality longsowrds and crossbows, and some bolts.


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

"Anytime but first we move." I gesture to the uniforms. "kights suits. Sis of us prus boy. Maybe we suit up rike knights an sneak past. Escorting prisoners right? Good idea?"


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

"As disturbing as the idea of wearing the armor of a Hellknight is to me, I believe Kenji may have a good point here. Though I'm not sure if the armor is appropriately sized for all of us." Shinon said, frowning a bit and walking towards one of the knight's bodies. He began unclasping the warrior's armor and tried it on himself.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Jus grab it. That wimps getting further away. Grab a torch.


Evil GM

The armor will fit most medium sized adventurers, may not be the best, although it won't fit the Duncan. They were all in the 5'4 to 5'9 height range.

Andrea has been tracking party loot on the discussion thread.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon looks up, clearly annoyed at this, but shrugs and drops the armor off his body, standing up and rebuttoning his shirt before pulling his leather back into place. "Alright then. Let's go."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18
Duncan Redhammer wrote:

We're gonna need funds to lay low. Me boss at the smithy will be able to resell thier gear. Strip the chain shirts first they're worth the most. Then carry everything we can. Equip yeselfs if ye got poor gear. Then we git outta here. We wanna follow the coward? whever he'sgoin' there'd be an exit but maybe more knights. We can catch up to him quick if we keep the light up. Fool took off wit out a torch. Probably staggering in the muck or crawling slow. Either way he's blind in the dark.

Anyone care to track party loot?

I will mark down treasure for now. So 2 MW Longsword and 2 MW Lightcrossbows and 4 chainshirts added to the list. Andrea restocks herself to 10 bolts

We Might be able to bluff past, anything to get out of here before it is flooded with hellknights. Yes, let us hurry


Male Human(Minkakian) Martial Artist lvl 2 (Int +4) (AC17)

I nod and look to Janiven. "You not hurt when fall in right?" I hand her a potion. "They were heathing wit dese. Take one just case." I turn to the others. "Okay we ready. We go now." Kenji stands by Janiven making sure she is good to go.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Check around for any arrowmarks and let us line up in our usual order. Andrea gets into her usual position behind Duncan.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Duncan has been unbuckling the enemies armor and chucking anythimg not nailed down onhis back Not encumbered by weight
Not much to hide behind, keep yer eyes peeled fer im. Elf, yer in front with the torch, you'll see him in lowlight before he does.Hustle, everybody.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

At Andrea's suggestion, John looks around one more time and notices the sword on the wall. "Before running off, maybe we should go that way instead." John points to the tunnel with the sword.


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Huh?...well fair enough. You wanna go with torches or in the dark again


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"Let's go with torches, it's not like going with no light has kept us out of battles any way. Plus time is of the essence and with torches we can go faster."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Torches. I believe that we need to make haste and having light will help us move faster.


Male Half-Elf Urban Ranger 3 HP 25/29, Initiative +5, AC 16, Touch 13, FF 13 CMD 16 Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +2

Shinon growls and hands the torch to Andrea. "I'm not going to carry a torch. I need both hands free in order to fight. Andrea, hold this and stand behind me, I'll be able to see just fine with it."

With that, Shinon will take the front of the party, drawing and knocking an arrow and, assuming Andrea follows him, rush down the tunnel with the sword.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

No bickering please Diplomacy all around Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 If we are to kill that man we must move now. Shinon can strike him down from afar, otherwise let us follow that arrow.


Evil GM

[ooc]Correct me if I misinterpreted the party's action. The group has decided to follow the marked path rather than chase down the escaped Armiger, correct? What is the new marching order: Shinon, Andrea (with light), then...

XP Armiger Encounter:
450 Each


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I believe this is the marching order.

Duncan
Andrea
John
Shinon
Morosino, the boy
Janiven
Kenji


Evil GM

As the party hustles down the tunnel, it twists and turns a bit. There are scurrying little critters frightened at the intrusion of light into their environment. The tunnel feels as if it is going a bit deeper into the ground.The walls are moist and have a thin slimmy brownish covering.

This is an excellent oppurtunity for Duncan, Andrea and John to make a perception check.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Perception:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18


Male Dwarf Inquisitor 6 (Witchunter) Int+5, F8, R5, W9, +5 vs Spells/Poison, +2 Fort/Will when ragingAC19/T12/FF17, HP51/5563/67 when raging

Won't be posting much for next 10hrs. Day with the wife. Perception1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Evil GM

Andrea Perception check

[apoiler=Andrea Only]You hear squeeking form ahead.[/spoiler]

John's Perception check

John Only:
You hear nearby squeeking. there is a terrifying high pitched a yell and crack form up ahead


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"It sounds like there is something up ahead. I think I heard a yell, some one might be in trouble."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

I heard something like squeaking ahead. Sounded like rats, with our luck, we are going to catch rabies.


Evil GM

The tunnel twists and turns a few more times and the sound of whimpering echoes in the tunnel. Light can be seen at a distance.

In common, "Henk, the alarm...something sneaking up the tunnel," there is a loud thudding sound and cry out in pain. Then deathly silence.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

So it seems there are at least two unknown people up there with perhaps a third. I do not believe them to be hellknights since they seem to be getting ready to defend rather than attack. Perhaps we can bypass them.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

"I think not, they sound as if they are up to no good. We should stop them." John will put on his tower sheild and pull his sword and head toward the sound.


M H, NPC Villian with the RedKnives

As the group walks down the tunnel, a silhouette bends around the corner 60 feet from you. The is twang, followed by a whizzing sound, Henk, Cobb company....big one looks like a hellknight with his shield."

The first shot is at John leading the way, as he shifts postions with Duncan.

Short Bow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 181d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 John you are flat footed but the arrow clinks mightly off your massive shield leaving a noticeable dent. I see you are 19 FF AC, correct?

John you have 60 feet to cover before you get to the opening. Everyone else is 5 feet back in a line.


Evil GM

Let me roll out initiatives.


Male Human Fighter(Tower Shield Specialist) 6/ Hellknight 2 +5 int, AC 26, Touch 12, FF 25, Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +5 HP66/82, Perception +12

Yep 19 because I put on my shield.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/5 Init +4 HP 18/86 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F13,R6,W17 Per+18

Hellknights? Cetainly not! John, I think we have better things to do than get into a fight with those who have no love for Hellknights and are willing to shoot them. Plus we still have any pursuers to worry about.

451 to 500 of 25,194 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.