Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Azure_Zero's Dark Moon Vale Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A pathfinder Game


151 to 200 of 1,156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Asuming Arianna's sharing the info, I'll not roll for Dennvyn on those...

Knowledge (Local) -> Crucible -> 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

"With the sun already set we should be on our way then."


Mia:
Overhearing jund's idea of going into the vale at night.
"I would not recommend doing your work during the night, as some of the more menacing creatures are more active at night."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"So we're supposed to leave lost children out there at night because we're too afraid of monsters?" Arianna says incredulously.

She tosses the coin for her meal on the table and gathers up her gear, stringing her bow before slipping it across her back.

"I'm heading out now, anyone who's with me feel free to follow."

She angrily heads for the door.


Mia:
"It's also a night of the new moon,
so it'll be near impossible to see anything in the Vale this night."


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn follows Arianna, pulling his cloak around him in a flourish and saying, "I am with you...though I can only hope you are a better tracker than I in the dark."


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

With a somber look Jund looks to Mia "If it is as bad as you say then what chance do those children have?" Turning to the half-elf and halfling "I am willing to go as well. Not everyone is completely blind in the dark."

With that Jund gathers his pack and pays for his meal. "I am ready."


Male Human Witch 2

"An some o us make our own light."

"Who would like their weapon err shield tah cast light?"


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

"I do not think I will have any need, but I thank you for the offer."

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Carnider, who had been following Dennvyn pipes up, "Oooh, I don't have anything other than oil, and torches, but if you want perhaps I can make something. But if you're going to search for children, it will be more difficult to track them at night or find signs of them. I'll bring a torch, it'll help you." He takes out a note book and starts jotting something, "daylight sticks, yes. hmmm!" He then steps back and watches everyone, following on behind. Never thought lost children would be so exciting...


1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The customers want an encore from Yuuki, Alkaid, and Blackrose.

1d100 + 40 ⇒ (85) + 40 = 125

Yuuki, Alkaid, and Blackrose, get to singing again.

1d100 ⇒ 46

you all hear a few rude comments, from a few drunken men to the girls.


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"Worthless idiots," Ariannah mutters as they step into the night.

She looks to the others that accompanied her, noting that the majority seemed strangers to the town. "Well I'm glad to see that at least there's a few worthwhile people here. My name's Arianna by the way, I usually act as a guide for people heading into the forest, sometimes the lumber scouts or gathereing rare herbs for the healer here."

Her eyes pass over each person.

"Tracking is one of my talents, whatever strengths you have we need them to find these kids before something nasty does, I'm glad to have your help."


Lets see if Mr Barns is one of the rude ones, lower = yes
1d100 ⇒ 4

so he is


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn hops up on a small crate and extends his hand to Arianna, "I'm Dennvyn Fealthan. Pleased to meet you."

One the pleasantries of the introduction pass, the affable halfling's demeanour sobers quickly, and he offers, "My skills are dedicated to finding the truth of things... Specifically, I was trained to see through illusions and disguises, as well as how to find and remove traps, and how to make a group work well together. However, I am thankful for the light, as I cannot see in the dark as easily as some."


Male Human Witch 2

"WOuld yah like some light on yer rapier?"


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Looking at the group Jund says, "I am pleased to meet you all. I am Jund." After a nod of greeting to all he continues"If we are to search for these children then let us complete our preparations and tarry no longer. I am not a trained tracker but my eyes and ears are yours to aid in the search."


Male Human Witch 2

"An arm an a leg is wha I always heard."

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

With all these new people around, and some known, Carnider is excited, This is just like those other friends I made, when we went exploring together, oh such fun. And such a time to use my special flasks of banging liquid, oh oh. The halfling squeaks up from behind Dennvyn, "Oh! My name's Carnider Dravonic, if you haven't met me before. Yes, yes and my store is always open to your for good prices, Dravonic's Healing Emporium we have many unusual potions and concoctions. Let me come and try out my ... oh my special skills...please...please!!"

He once more starts to take notes of the different people who seem to want to go on this expedition and their skills, as if noting their needs for potions and other interesting things he could make.


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn turns to Barnabus, "That would be helpful, thank you."

He then looks up at Arianna, "Where should we go first? Normally, I would say it's too late to bang on the doors of parents, and yet, I do not expect they are resting if their children are missing."


Male Human Witch 2

"Aye we could bang on a door o one local boss whose own is among tha missin an he ken tell everone we err goin lookin."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"The parents are an excellent starting point, a way to see if there's any kind of common connection or trouble."

She looks to the rest of the group.

Did prior knowledge checks indicate who the kids were and who their parents were?


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn offers, "From what I've heard, one of the children belongs to Mr. Kreed. Perhaps we should start there?"


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Jund nods in agreement.

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

A concerned Carnider "Mr Kreed, now I'm sure he came to our shop, what did he say?" he screws his forehead, "Think...think...think!"

Knowledge (Local) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 to know about the Kreed family.


Mr Kreed is the greedy tyrant head of the lumber consortium, he has only one son.


Male Human Witch 2

"Yeah an only son o a powerful man, best be havin a look fer tha boy, maybe his dad knows somtin."


Arianna Willowwood wrote:

...

Did prior knowledge checks indicate who the kids were and who their parents were?

Sorry, didn't have the module with me when I read the post.

child's name -> parent's names(Profession)
Kimi Eavewalker -> Kitani Eavewalker(Seamstress)
Hollin Hebbradan -> Deceased, Rallahis sister raises him.
Mikra Jabbs -> Colbrin Jabbs(Butcher)
Jurin Kreed -> Son of the wealthiest, most powerful, and evilest man in Falcon’s Hollow.
Savram Vade -> Sharvaros (Wizard)

for all of you

DM, From earlier post: wrote:
You all hear that the kids took up the challenge of a secret dare of spending the night at Elara’s Halfway House up on a mournful hill in Darkmoon Vale.


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

"Who knows the way to the home of Mr. Kreed?"


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"I don't know, Kreed's a complete and utter bastard, I try to interact with him as little as possible. Going to him might be productive or it may be more trouble. The wizard Sharzaros may have the resources to help find them."

She looks at the others.

"If you want I can lead us there thought."


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn nods, "From what I've heard of Kreed, he's as likely to accuse us of having kidnapped the children for ransom. I think we're better dealing with friendlier faces and save Kreed for the end..."

He pauses a moment and then says, "However, I seem to recall that I heard a rumour the kids took a dare to spend the night at Elara's Halfway House. Perhaps we should check there before talking to the parents, especially given the hour? As we all know, dark things oft come out at night."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"Agreed, bringing them back alive and well will be far more appreciated than asking question of parents and loved ones that might be too hysterical to help anyway. What do ther rest of you think?"

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

"Yes lets follow the kids to the place of a dare, they might have left us some clues, now we'll need some torches, some blankets to keep use warm, oh and some special bicco-choc to fill our bellies...let me start a list." Carnider starts to jot down a few notes in his notebook.


Male Human Witch 2

"So how bout tha half-way house, I heard it is up tha way so when yer looking out o town towards tha lumber-camp, to your left a bit is tha half-way house."

"We ken head tha way if ya'll tink o Kreed's a bastard."


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

"It would seem the most prudent coarse of action is to investigate the halfway home, since that is where the children are most likely to have gone on this 'dare'"

"Let us make our way there before concern turns to grief."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

Arianna nods, beginning the trek towards the outskirts of town. With the light provided by the others, coupled with her Elven sight, she scans the area for signs of the children's passing, trying to recall anything else she recalls about the area.

Knowledge local1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


you don't recall anything, and given the use of this part of the road you almost don't spot a child's foot print, that is about a day or two old.


Male Human Witch 2

"An think Arrianna jus this mornin we were wishin fer a trip out o town an here we are."


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn says, "If that print is a day old -- how long have the children been missing? Should we, perhaps, make haste to the Trading Post rather than trying to track them?"


Maybe they wanted to check it out earlier, or the DM did a slight timing mix up, as you did not wait til dawn.


Nalita Bakji is dropping out, Do you want a recruitable NPC, or recruit a new player?
Discuss in discussion thread


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

I fear this will be a long night...

In a calm monotone, Jund looks to the Halfling. "Do you mean the halfway home Dennvyn? Were the children not off to Elara's Halfway Home on a dare to spend the night?"


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn laughs, "Yes, sorry. Halfway house, thank you."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"Based on the stories of that place, the sooner we find them the better."

Arianna stands from a crouch and begins moving in the direction of the footprints.


Your still close enough to town (a 30 min walk) to go back and recruit an NPC.


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

Yeah but logically, if we think the clock's ticking and kids might be at risk, why would we go back to get somebody else?


Male Human Witch 2

"We err investigatin so not necessarily fightin though tha wolf tha talked was itchin fer a fight an he got one, so hopin we donot run intah anyting vile."


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

"Well, we're not helping them any discussing it so let's get moving."

With those words the half elf began the short trek to the abandoned halfway house, keeping an eye out for further signs of the children.

Tracking: Survival 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25


When you arrive at the half-way house

The blackened husk of the orphanage lies atop
the hill. Charred timbers are strewn among piles
of caked ash and the only edifice left standing is
a soot-stained stone arch. A small stuffed doll
lies below the arch, her face seared off and her
patchwork dress spilling dirty stuffing.
Beside
her, a troop of half-melted tin soldiers stand in
formation, their bodies twisted and deformed
by the blaze that claimed their owner’s life.

Arianna Willowwood:
You find a
charred trapdoor beneath an inch of ash in
the center of the ruins. The lock is melted
shut and cannot be picked, but the door is
badly damaged and easily smashed open.


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

Arianna takes in the carnage of the fire in silence, scanning the area intently. She crouches down on the floor, swweping a way a foot of ash accumulated on the floor, finding a trap door with a lock melted by the heat.

Rapping on the door with her knuckles she looks up at the others.

"The lock is too melted to open but the wood seems relatively flimsy, it should break easily."


Male Human Witch 2

"Then someone wit a heavy club should open tha ting."

151 to 200 of 1,156 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Azure_Zero's Crown of the Kobold King Game (Dark Moon Vale Games) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.