Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Azure_Zero's Dark Moon Vale Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Azure_Zero

A pathfinder Game


551 to 600 of 1,156 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn offers, "If that's not the children, maybe they have the children. We should investigate either way.. but first...."

He starts whispering an inspiring speech to his companions, describing the benefits of well-prepared teamwork in attacking and ambushing foes.

Using 3 rounds of performance to activate Careful Teamwork, granting +1 bonus on initiative, perception and disable device for 1 hour -- and a +1 bonus on reflex saves and AC when flatfooted for the same duration

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky ventures forward and tugs on Denvynn's shirt just as he is about to start whistling, "Shhh! It's some dirty goblins, wanting to eat some feet and toes. Quiet, we can sneak up and see what they are doing."


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Hearing that the arguing up ahead is from goblins and not the children Jund immediately looks to surround himself in shadow as he aproches the creatures with the party.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14


GM notes:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi will follow the group as well. staying relatively silent, dusting off her robes and adjusting the fit of her ribbons as she reaches into her right sleeve and pulls out a batonlike weapon of decent quality in preparation for the potential oncoming attack.

stealth, draw hanbo as i sneak 1d20 ⇒ 20


Male Human Witch 2

Barnabus attempts to sneak in some way completely untrained....

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky stays where he is, whilst others move forward to see, he continues to listen to their conversation.


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

Arianna draws an arrow, readying her bow as she lips forward, silent as a ghost.

Stealth1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


you see the Hobgoblins still arguing

stinky:
you hear in goblin "Sounds like more food approaches brother."

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky realising his friends could be walking into a trap shouts as loud as he can in goblin, jumps up and down making as much noise as he can. He starts to run away from the hobgoblins, crashing though the undergrowth with loud cracking and yells.

goblin:

Help me, Help me !!! Go away nasty bear!!! Arrgh!!!! Take that!! you will be my dinner tonight!!

Initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Seeing the little gnome yell in a strange language and start to run away Jund stops his advance and tries to hide behind a tree/shrub while he waits to see what the bomb-thrower is up to.

Stealth:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Initiative(if needed):1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

I always get a kick when my characters try to be stealthy and think they are hidden but the dice don't agree.

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

initiative (if needed)

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Lumi has currently had an episode of obliviousness in her ability to react. she merely quietly pretends to be an innocent bystander pre combat. looking cute and harmless.


Male Human Witch 2

Perception 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Quick everyone speak in some rare language and join in tha fun!"


GM:
1d20 + 8 - 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 2 = 9

1d20 ⇒ 12

stinky:
You hear, Bear, make good dinner.
Let's get brother to help.

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky does his best to climb up a nearby tree, as he says "They're coming this way with their big brother!!!"

He continues in Goblin

Goblin:

Quick, Quick! Help! Help! Now! Now!

Climb 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16 to get above the bugbears, so he can throw bombs down on top of them, also he might be able to hide in the foliage.


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

At the goblins warning Jund positions himself to ambush the goblins from the directions they are coming.

Stealth (if needed again):1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi will hide behind a tree or some bushes and pretend to be a helpless bystander not too far from the other group members, ready to catch the goblins off guard.

stealth (if needed again) 1d20 ⇒ 16


stinky, can I get a bluff check please, I hope you roll high

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Bluff 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 19.... hmmm not bad .. :)


GM:
1d20 ⇒ 15

the 2 bugbears approach.

stinky:
you hear in a chanting way, "Bear meat, Bear meat."

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

So I guess we all have surprise on these bugbears and with a bit of luck team 'Falcon's Hollow' will get a bit of flanking going on...Go Team!!


Male Human Witch 2

Barnabus watches the approach of the bugbears, the leader will get an evil eye hex (will save DC 17 or -2 to AC)

....the next one next round will get the same, but his will be to attack rolls.....

"I turn tha fates against my foes, subtle luck and fickle fate."


the bugbears get to the spot

stinky:
your hear "Where bear?, where bear?"

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky drops a frost bomb on the bugbears, from his position up the tree.

Frost bomb attack 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13 Damage 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 1 = 10 includes point blank shot, DC14 Fort save or be staggered for 1 round. Splash damage 3HPs, DC14 for reflex save for half. I assume they are flatfooted this surprise round. Aims at the bugbear under influence of evil eye.


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

With the bugbears in position, Dennvyn pops out of cover and fires at the nearest one, somewhat surprised that Stinky was able to keep focus long enough to lure them there.

Composite Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 for 1d6 ⇒ 5


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

From her hidden spot Arianna sends an arrow streaking towards the same bugbear that Barnabus curses.

1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 = 13 Additional +2 assumes they don't beat the hide check
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Seeing the others attack Jund throws his shurikens at the same bugbear.

Flurry of Blows (Shuriken):
1st Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Damage 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
2nd Attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Damage 1d2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

add any bonuses from surprise/hide

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi will throw her voice and bluff the hexed bugbear in common. hey, look behind you! i think i saw a grizzly bear and it looks hungry

Perform (Ventriloquism) to throw off her voice and make it sound like it's coming from elsewhere

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

bluff (a form of ranged feint)

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17

basically, improvised ranged feint or something Vs the hexed bugbear. the intent is to make the bugbear flatfooted during the next round.


Nice surprise round
Now inits
and hope you roll higher than the bugbears


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)
Jund wrote:

Seeing the little gnome yell in a strange language and start to run away Jund stops his advance and tries to hide behind a tree/shrub while he waits to see what the bomb-thrower is up to.

Stealth:1d20+7

Initiative(if needed):1d20+6

I always get a kick when my characters try to be stealthy and think they are hidden but the dice don't agree.

If the 15 i rolled earlier doesn't count then use this one:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Then I'll roll the bugbears Init's

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

PC's go first


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

Eyes perfectly focused in the dim light, Arianna sends an arrow unerringly streaking towards the same bugbear she targeted previously.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7


Arianna shots one right between the eyes.

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky drops another bomb on the bugbears.

Frost bomb attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage 1d6 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7 includes point blank shot, DC14 Fort save or be staggered for 1 round. Splash damage 3HPs, DC14 for reflex save for half. I assume they are flatfooted this surprise round. Aims at the bugbear under influence of evil eye.


Male Human Witch 2

Continues the evil eye....
will save or -2 to AC


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Everyone should get a +1 to initiative for the next hour (also: Perception and Disable Device) as a result of the little bard's Careful Teamwork performance as we approached. Not that it seems to matter since we won init..

Composite Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19 for 1d6 ⇒ 3


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Jund readies himself for the retaliation he knows will come from thier swift attack.

Ready action: attack as soon as one of the bugbears approaches the group
Flurry of blows: 1st attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
2nd attack 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12 damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


and the second bugbear dies,

1d20 ⇒ 17

just as a third bugbear

1d6 ⇒ 3

attacks stinky with a bow

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
1d8 ⇒ 7

and the arrow hits the tree truck half-a foot away from stinky


Male Human Witch 2

with a new target, evil eye hex to -2 to Attack rolls.

Cheliax

Male Gnome Alchemist/2 HP:13/13 bombs used: 0

Stinky hides behind of the trunk of the tree, keeping away from the direction the arrow came from. He calls out, "Oooh dear, it seems theres another one coming ... ooh help! its coming for me!!!" He gets brave and sticks his head round the trunk, "YO YO, CAN'T HIT ME!" he shouts at the bugbear.

Fully defensive +4 to AC, no attacks this round, so be AC20.


the bug bear looks even more cheesed now


Female Half Elf Ranger 2 (Guide)

With deadly efficiency, Arianna's bow swings towards the third bugbear, sending another arrow streaking towards her target.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
1d10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


Arianna shots an arrow near the collar bone, and it's still kicking.


Male Aasimar Monk 2 (HP:13/16; 15 strength)

Seeing his opportunity while the bugbear is contending with the arrow sticking out of its collar bone, Jund runs towards the bug bear and leaps into the air, delivering a flying kick.

Charge-Unarmed strike: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 3 + 2 = 14 damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Having my str down to 14 stinks....lol

Lantern Lodge

Female Chelexian Aasimaar Oracle (Life Mystery)

Lumi attempt to throw her voice to make it appear she was 10 feet away from where she really was and demoralize the newly arrived bugbear. appearantly, her innocent demeanor greatly hindered her attempt to demoralize it. hey, Giant! your buddy was slain by a great titan slayer, you better run.

perform ventriloquism 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

intimidate 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 4 = 5

stealth check ((hiding behind some bushes or brush or something.)) 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Halfling Detective (Bard) 2

Dennvyn spins and fires at the third bugbear, shouting "Catch!"

Composite Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 for 1d6 ⇒ 4


Male Human Witch 2

Barnabus stackes the hex to take away from the creatures AC this time....


Dennvyn shots an arrow into the bugbear's thigh.


Someone just needs to tap the big guy.

it drops the bow and attacks Jund as it draws it's morning star
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

551 to 600 of 1,156 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Azure_Zero's Crown of the Kobold King Game (Dark Moon Vale Games) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.