Aubrey's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


3,501 to 3,550 of 4,002 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>

There seems to be no door out of the room Sol has entered. What he does find, however, is stomach-churningly horrible - human remains pounded into mush by the demons; the stench of blood, rot and faeces; a gore-drenched heavy mace lying discarded as the abrikandilus came out to attack the group. The room appears to have been some sort of shrine, although now defiled.

Sol, Perception check please.


Initiative
Booam 21
Jod 19
Wendaug 15++
Mulluq 15+
Sol 15
Kira 15-
Kaygan 12
Rhok 11
Hannik 8
Ghroth 6
Cultists 4

Map updated.

Sorry for the delay.

The cultists are canny enough not to be drawn out of the doorway to be surrounded. The cultist attacking with the halberd leans round to try and impale Ghroth while the other casts a spell.

C1 attacks Ghroth. Since Ghroth has a readied action he can attack the cultist pre-emptively, so if he can take him out he may avoid the following attack entirely. However, both parties take a -2 penalty to hit due to the doorframe.
1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 - 2 = 17 to hit, damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

C2 casts Cause Fear on Mulluq, Will save DC 14.

Booam, Jod and Wendaug - someone please take their actions. Then Mulluq and Sol.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

"Booam, wait for my shot!" Wendaug shouts, then shifts quickly to the right and launches an arrow over Booam's shoulder.

Move to O13.

Longbow v C1: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 ... damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

The burly mongrelfolk charges after the arrow, swinging his axe at the center of the cultist's chest.

Great Ax v C1: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18 ... damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Move (not game charge) to P11.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Jod steps up and slashes at the cultist around the corner of the doorframe.

Move to O11.
Falchion v C1, power attack, door frame: 1d20 + 7 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 - 2 = 10 ... damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (3, 2) + 9 = 14

But the blade clangs off the jamb without effect.

Please leave Jod before the mongrelfolk in intiative. I was hesitant to post for PR.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Almost missed the post for me!

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


Sol:

Spoiler:
Sol spots the tell-tale outline of a secret door on the far wall.[/ooc]

The cultist in the doorway staggers but somehow stays on his feet after taking an arrow in the shoulder and a glancing axe-blow to the head.

Mulluq, then Sol, then Kira.

For the DM:

[spoiler]1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Initiative
Booam 21
Jod 19
Wendaug 15++
Mulluq 15+
Sol 15
Kira 15-
Something 14
Kaygan 12
Rhok 11
Hannik 8
Ghroth 6
Cultists 4

Map updated.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Aubrey mis-typed his spoiler commands. The following should have been out in the open.

The cultist in the doorway staggers but somehow stays on his feet after taking an arrow in the shoulder and a glancing axe-blow to the head.

Aubrey:
Tempting, but every room so far has contained certain death for Sol alone.


HP 28/28 | Init +1 | AC 18 (28) T 11 (15) FF 17 (27) | CMD 17 (19) | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Per +5 | DK 60' Mage Armor, Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Shield

Ghroth lunges out of a crouch with fangs spread wide and a second set of needle-like fangs ready just beyond those.

Slam, PA, partial cover: 1d20 + 6 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 - 2 = 22
Crit Confirm?, PA, partial cover: 1d20 + 6 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 - 2 = 22
Damage: 2d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 6 + 4 = 21


With the cultist off-balance, Ghroth slams a toothy tongue though his chest. The gory appendage emerges from the cultist's back before being dragged back into Ghroth's jaws with a meaty slurp. The man goggles before collapsing in a spreading pool of blood.

A little excessive - he only had 1 hp left. C1 down.

Thanks, thom, for sorting the spoiler. Mulluq, then Sol, then Kira.

Map updated.


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 4 (AC: 21 [T: 11 /FF: 20]; HP: 39/39; F+9, R+5, W+7; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Mulluq feels a force try to sway his mind, but he is so secure in his faith in the Inheritor that he doesn't even bother to consider the enemy's spells a viable threat.

Immune to Fear

With the man blocking the door removed, Mulluq sees that the enemy is not falling for the tactic loudly shared by the others, not surprisingly. As such, he moves back in, past the door and the man in the corner. He leaves himself open to attack, in order to block any avenue of escape. With Radiance in hand, he swings cleanly at the cultist.

Move, to P9
Standard, attack C2 with Radiance 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, damage 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Sol bends at the waist, wretching heavily. His left arm braces against the door frame to hold himself up.

Delay.


AoO from C2 on Mulluq
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18 to hit, damage 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Mulluq drives off the stabbing polearm with his shield and his sword cuts the cultist's arm.

Kira, then Something.

Map updated.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 4 HP: 27{21} AC: 18 Judgement 1{2}: Justice, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Kira will use another cha be of the wand on jod.

1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


The door at the far end of the room that Mulluq has just entered opens. A scaled tiefling appears in the doorway and he throws something at Mulluq.

Throw bomb at Mulluq.
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 to hit v Mulluq's touch AC, damage on a hit is 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6, 1) + 2 = 14 fire damage. If he's hit, he also catches fire and takes 1d6 fire damage a round in subsequent rounds (probably not a huge concern for a guy with fire resistance 5).
The cultist is caught in the 10' splash radius and takes 5 fire damage, as does Booam. Both can try a DC 14 Reflex save for half damage.
Ghroth is technically within range but sheltered by the door frame.

Mulluq is engulfed in flames and turned into a living torch. The cultist and Booam are also caught in the periphery of the explosion.

Initiative
Booam 21
Jod 19
Wendaug 15++
Mulluq 15+
Sol 15
Kira 15-
Tiefling Alchemist 14
Kaygan 12
Rhok 11
Hannik 8
Ghroth 6
Cultists 4

Map updated.

Kaygan, then Rhok, then Hannik, then Ghroth.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active:

Booam Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Booam takes 5 damage.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active:

Kaygan moves to P12 and uses Diviner's Fortune on Booam, giving him +1 to attack, saving throws, skill checks and ability checks for 1 round.


Cultist reflex save 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Rhok, then Hannik and Ghroth. Someone please take Rhok's turn.

Map updated.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 4 HP: 27{21} AC: 18 Judgement 1{2}: Justice, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

T4 and T5 have both now been coup-de-gras'd haven't they? If so, move to Rhok will double move to O11


Hannik and Ghroth.


HP 28/28 | Init +1 | AC 18 (28) T 11 (15) FF 17 (27) | CMD 17 (19) | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Per +5 | DK 60' Mage Armor, Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Shield

Ghroth darts through the door and lifts the cultist off the ground slamming him against the wall with a crack. While he struggles there the tentacle snakes its way out of his maw and plunges directly at the cultist's own mouth.

5' to P 10
Claw 1, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8
Claw 2, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 - 1 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11
Slam, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (19) + 6 - 1 = 24 Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 2 = 9

Claw 1 Crit?: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13
Slam Crit?: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Damn. When he lays it down, Ghroth is a beast. Probably 35 points of damage there vs the cultist.


HP 34/34 | Init +2 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Per +1

Hannik takes advantage of the distraction and rushes in behind Ghroth to snap off a shot at the tiefling.

Move to O10
Lt Crossbow, PB: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 1 = 15
Damage, PB: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Ghroth tears the cultist limb from limb and throws the various bits into the nearby corners of the room. The tiefling gulps and ducks Hannik's crossbow bolt.

Boom! It's Booam. Then Jod and Wendaug.

Map updated.


Ranger (Infiltrator, Skirmisher) 4 | 38/38 hp | AC 18, T12, F16 | Saves F6, R7, W4 | Perc +9 | Effects: [i][/i]

Booam and Jod both rush into the room, trying to reach the tiefling before he throws more bombs. Each is aware of the shooters behind them and takes a position to either side of the door.

Booam to O7, Jod to Q7

Booam attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13 And penalty for the doorframe
Damage: 1d12 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Jod attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 And penalty for doorframe
Damage: 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (2, 4) + 6 = 12

Wendaug follows, drawing up alongside the demonblood paladin and letting fly with an arrow.

Move to Q9

Attack: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 1 = 12 Precise shot, point-blank shot
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

There, the chaff is out of the way. Someone roll high.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

"Kaygan, there's a hidden door this way."

Sol skips forward into the side room and listens carefully at the wall.

Move to S8.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 4 HP: 27{21} AC: 18 Judgement 1{2}: Justice, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Mulluq should be in before Sol I think?

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Sol was on delay from last turn.


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 4 (AC: 21 [T: 11 /FF: 20]; HP: 39/39; F+9, R+5, W+7; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Mulluq growls though his prodigious fangs as the flames burn and cover him. The others rush in to the fight, and he decides that they will not be stymied by a doorway once again. He clops one of his cloven hooves, before springing off of his goat-like legs to rush straight at the bomb-throwing man. The fire cloying to his flesh making him a truly fearsome sight. He tries to push the man to the far wall, in order to allow all the others to follow him into the room.

Bull rush, provoking AoO, attempting to push back as far as possible 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 ( -any damage taken from the AoO) For every 5 over his CMD, it is 5' more.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 4 HP: 27{21} AC: 18 Judgement 1{2}: Justice, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Ah! I see. We have a habit of missing Mulluq!

Seeing Mulluq take off, Kira follows him into the room.

Kira will stow the wand, then move to Q10, drawing her sword.


The two tieflings collide and Mulluq shoves the alchemist back.

No AoO as he doesn't have a weapon to hand.

The bomber wriggles clear (taking a potential AoO from Mulluq) and hurls another vial at the burning paladin.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 to hit v touch AC, damage 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + 2 = 10 fire.
Mulluq also burns from the previous hit 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire damage


Kaygan, Rhok, Hannik, Ghroth. Someone take the turns of Kaygan and Rhok, please.

Map updated.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active:

Kaygan hurries into the side room, trying not to look at or step in the gore, and moves up beside Sol. Move to S9.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4

Sol grins at the ex-librarian and taps the wall. "I can try to look like Faxon. We go through here and get behind the demons. Take them by surprise."

Although now that Mulluq has cleared the way, we've got room to fight. This plan is not great.


Rhok, Hannik, Ghroth.

Map updated.


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 4 (AC: 21 [T: 11 /FF: 20]; HP: 39/39; F+9, R+5, W+7; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Mulluq growls through the pain as the fire burns at him, singeing and searing his flesh, even with his natural resistances. He swipes wildly at the man as he steps aside, but his focus is more on ignoring the pain, and his whole body is tense with it. He almost drops the sword in the attempt.

AoO on enemy 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Ranger (Infiltrator, Skirmisher) 4 | 38/38 hp | AC 18, T12, F16 | Saves F6, R7, W4 | Perc +9 | Effects: [i][/i]

Jod and Booam's positions need updating after their most recent moves. Which may mean they should have splash damage, too.


Map updated.

Jod and Booam, 5 fire damage, DC 14 Reflex for half, +2 to that save for the shelter from the doorway.

Rhok, Hannik, Ghroth.


HP 28/28 | Init +1 | AC 18 (28) T 11 (15) FF 17 (27) | CMD 17 (19) | F +4 R +2 W +3 | Per +5 | DK 60' Mage Armor, Barkskin, Bull's Strength, Shield

Ghroth tears through the doorway splattered with gore and charges the alchemist with an alien chittering hiss. His tentacle snakes out, snapping at the tiefling, testing it for now.

Move to N5
Slam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11


HP 34/34 | Init +2 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 15 | F +3 R +3 W +4 | Per +1

Hannik reloads her crossbow with steady hands and moves over behind Jod to keep an eye on the tiefling.

Reload
Move to Q8

Grand Lodge

Rhok hustles to flank the tiefling. The possibly unhinged Kellid flashes the cultist a wild eyed grin and stands open armed with his heavy mace.
He seems to be daring him to test him.

Rhok double moves to K5, heavy mace in hand
Rhok has fire resistance 5.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active:
Sol Calondor wrote:

Sol grins at the ex-librarian and taps the wall. "I can try to look like Faxon. We go through here and get behind the demons. Take them by surprise."

Although now that Mulluq has cleared the way, we've got room to fight. This plan is not great.

Kaygan looks a little dubious. "Or we separate ourselves from the others and run into trouble we can't handle?"


The cultists are both dead,so it's Booam, Jod and Wendaug, followed by Mulluq.

Initiative
Booam 21
Jod 19
Wendaug 15++
Mulluq 15+
Sol 15
Kira 15-
Tiefling Alchemist 14
Kaygan 12
Rhok 11
Hannik 8
Ghroth 6

Map updated.


Ranger (Infiltrator, Skirmisher) 4 | 38/38 hp | AC 18, T12, F16 | Saves F6, R7, W4 | Perc +9 | Effects: [i][/i]

Booam moves to L5 and throws a heavy sideways swipe at the bombthrower.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Damage: 1d12 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 6 + 3 = 21 Power attack, furious focus

Jod is right behind the mongrelfolk warrior and makes a downward slash with his falchion.

Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (2, 1) + 9 = 12 Power attack

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage: 2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12

Wendaug follows, arrow ready, but hold her fire to see if the tiefling survives the dual blades' impacts.

Oh, forgot saves

Booam reflex: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 2 = 17 2 points fire damage
Jod reflex: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10 5 points fire damage

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 6+, Sense Motive, +4, Init +2 HP 37/37 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 6 (+1 v traps) W 4
Kaygan Veer wrote:
Sol Calondor wrote:

Sol grins at the ex-librarian and taps the wall. "I can try to look like Faxon. We go through here and get behind the demons. Take them by surprise."

Although now that Mulluq has cleared the way, we've got room to fight. This plan is not great.

Kaygan looks a little dubious. "Or we separate ourselves from the others and run into trouble we can't handle?"

"Or we get a jump on our enemies. It's so cramped in here. We can't get everyone into the fight."

Which may have been true a few rounds ago, but Sol doesn't know that Mulluq and company have cleared the path. Talk him out of it. Tell him to wait while you go see how the others are doing now. Or risk suicide with him. It's Kaygan's choice.


Alchemical fumes surround the tiefling alchemist, stinging the eyes and obscuring sight of him.

He has Blur up as a well, which I failed to mention earlier. Both Jod and Booam have potential hits. To save time, I'll roll the miss chance.
Booam 1d100 ⇒ 52
Jod 1d100 ⇒ 3

Jod's swing misses in the murk, but Booam lands a very hefty blow, almost doubling the tiefling up.

He's still up, so it's Wendaug, Mulluq, Sol and Kira.

Map updated.


Ranger (Infiltrator, Skirmisher) 4 | 38/38 hp | AC 18, T12, F16 | Saves F6, R7, W4 | Perc +9 | Effects: [i][/i]

Seeing Jod's potentially devastating blow clearly miss (from her perspective, Jod seems surprised by it), Wendaug brings the bow up, draws back, and fires as the alchemist straightens up after Booam's axe nearly cut him in half.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Miss change, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 40


Wendaug's arrow thunks into the tiefling's thigh.

Mulluq, Sol, Kira.


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 4 (AC: 21 [T: 11 /FF: 20]; HP: 39/39; F+9, R+5, W+7; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

After a quick prayer to Iomedae, "Grant me this boon of life, that I may persist against all enemies of good.", Mulluq moves past the others, directly across the path of the tiefling enemy. The healing energy granted by Iomedae easing some of his burns, he stands across from Jod, and attempts to stab the one that burned him. His skin is still pained from the burns, and he has trouble moving through with his swing because of them. His fingers risk their very grip.

Swift, Lay on Hands myself for 1d6 ⇒ 5
Move, to L4, provoking an AoO from the tiefling (if possible)
Standard, Radiance attack with flank 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10, and nevermind. Second 1 in a row, it's like he's channeling Arakan.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 4 HP: 27{21} AC: 18 Judgement 1{2}: Justice, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

At least the D6 came up good!

Seeing the foe retreating, Kira takes stock of the situation, then goes after Sol and Kaygan.

"The foe is nearly defeated, what have you found?"

Move to S10


This is when the lightning bolt trap goes off, frying the three adventurers standing conveniently in a line.

Surrounded by foes, the tiefling hurls a vial in Booam's face.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 v Booam's touch AC, fire damage 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 2 = 9 and everyone within 10' of Booam takes 5 fire damage and catches fire, burning for 1d6 each round.

Map updated.

Sol, Kaygan, Rhok, Hannik, Ghroth.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active:

"Look and listen before you leap Sol," advises Kaygan.

3,501 to 3,550 of 4,002 << first < prev | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Wrath of the Righteous Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.