Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Aubrey's Wrath of the Righteous

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


3,151 to 3,193 of 3,193 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Try some Perception checks.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10


Er, I kind of meant one each, but whatever...

The demons have been fairly thorough in their destruction, but Kira finds a spell scrawled on a scrap of parchment and a potion vial which rolled into a corner.

There, some treasure. Spellcraft checks, please.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

There were a few rooms, I figured you'd use as many as you needed ;)

Spellcraft Scroll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Spellcraft Potion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

Jod keeps watch while searching ensues.


HP 24/16 | Init +2 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Per +1 (-1 Cha Penalty)

After a quick pass Hannik calls out, "Okay, everyone ready?"

What about provisions for Defender's Heart like food specifically? Only if the demons hadn't got around to the cellar or store room I guess.
Back up Spellcraft for the Scroll: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Perception for food stuff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21


Kira recognises a potion of protection (Shield of Faith, CL1) but it takes Hannik to identify the scroll of healing (Cure Medium Wounds, CL 3). However, any provisions they find have been spoilt by the demons' depredations.

With their new charge in tow, they start to head back to Defender's Heart. The wind is biting and carrying flecks of snow as they weave through the ruined streets.

Perception check, DC 10:

Spoiler:
You hear a woman's scream carried on the wind.


100xp each for effecting the rescue.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Did you hear that scream? Where did it come from?"

Can I tell where it came from?


With that check result, you can tell it came from a nearby alley.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

"That way! Keep the child safe."

Kira will move towards the alley, loading her crossbow, and leaving room for the big hitters to run past her and get there first.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active: mage armour (AC16)

"Stay back here young one," says Kaygan, not intending to go running down dark alleys himself with no spells left before he knows the situation.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle of the Apocalypse 3

"Jod and I will take a look. Mulluq, back us up." Rhok walks determinedly towards the alley twirling his spear.

Sorry about Rhok's silence - I've been swamped. Did anyone need healing before we exited the temple?

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 5+, Sense Motive, +0, Init +2 HP 28/28 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 5 (+1 v traps) W 3

A quiet Sol stays close by Hannik and Ansell on the journey. At Kira's word he fits an arrow to his bowstring.

"I will stay with Hannik and Ansell."

Or even just Ansell.


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

Jod fits an arrow to his bow and strides toward the alley alongside his cousin.


Jod, Rhok and Mulluq move up to the alley. About halfway down they can see a young woman surrounded by three knights. The warriors' armour is blood-spattered and they seem exhausted, but one of them still wears a shredded tabard with a symbol of an orange sun.

Knowledge (Local) or Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty), DC 12, +5 if you are a Kenabres local:

Spoiler:
That is the insignia of the Flaming Lance, one of the crusader orders in Kenabres.

One of the knights has removed his helmet. His is unshaven and his hair is matted and dirty. His eyes are red-rimmed and haunted. He holds the girl by her hair with one hand, and holds a sword with the other ready to run her through. "Your sacrifice aids the cause of good," he rasps in a tired voice as he prepares to thrust the sword into her body.

Knowledge (Local) or Knowledge (Religion) or Knowledge (Arcana), DC 15, +5 if you are a Kenabres local:

Spoiler:
There is a legend that sheathing a blade in the body of a virgin can give it demon-slaying powers.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle of the Apocalypse 3

Know (religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle of the Apocalypse 3

"Put the sword down, knight. Your ritual will fail anyway, as she's no virgin - I f!$+ed her in the alley behind the temple of Shelyn two weeks ago."

I just had to try this. Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 3 (AC: 20 [T: 11 /FF: 19]; HP: 16/30; F+8, R+5, W+6; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Knowledge Religion 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Mulluq scowls, his prodigious fangs bared with his anger, before turning suddenly to gape-mouthed shock at Rhok. "Rhok! What call is there for such lewd language about this poor woman's encounters?" He turns to the men, "Stay your blade. There is never good to come from taking the life of another in sacrifice!"


Rhok Redmoon wrote:

"Put the sword down, knight. Your ritual will fail anyway, as she's no virgin - I f*!~ed her in the alley behind the temple of Shelyn two weeks ago."

I just had to try this. [dice=Bluff]1d20+9

Ever the gentleman...


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Know Local: 1d20 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 5 = 13
Know Relig: 1d20 + 6 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 5 = 20

Watching from the end of the alley, Kira too shouts. "Hold, there has been enough bloodshed. Killing innocents will never bring strength to your blade. Give up on your old wive's tale."


HP 24/16 | Init +2 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Per +1 (-1 Cha Penalty)

Hannik motions for Ghroth to stay with her. With one arm around Ansell holding him close she huddles with Kaygan and Sol and Kira. From what she can overhear she shakes her head and mutters to Kaygan, "What in the hells? If this is how we are fighting demons now, what is the point?"


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

Jod draws back on his bow, ready to loose the arrow if the knight does not comply.

"Are you so sure that you would die for it? And you two. If you would stand aside and watch this, she's worth more than the lot of you together. Let. Her. Go."


The knight stares at the group with eyes devoid of reason. Then, when Mulluq speaks, he snarls and pushes the girl away. "You defile the symbol of the Inheritor by wearing it, demonspawn!" As the girl cowers against the alley wall the knights move to attack.

Map incoming. Please roll initiative.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

In a low voice to his cousin beside him, Jod says, "Well, they've let her go. Do we really want to fight them?"

Louder, he says, "A lot you know. He's done more good in her name in the last hour than most have done in a year. If you doubt me, return with us to the paladins and let them tell you. You know they won't lie."


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 3 (AC: 20 [T: 11 /FF: 19]; HP: 16/30; F+8, R+5, W+6; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Unsurprisingly, Mulluq agrees with the man's claim, "You are correct, I am not worthy of her righteous glory."

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Jod doesn't really get time for his speech as they are basically charging.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active: mage armour (AC16)
Hannik wrote:
Hannik motions for Ghroth to stay with her. With one arm around Ansell holding him close she huddles with Kaygan and Sol and Kira. From what she can overhear she shakes her head and mutters to Kaygan, "What in the hells? If this is how we are fighting demons now, what is the point?"

“Even in the face of such horror, there’ll always be foolish men,” answers Kaygan sadly. “And … it looks like we’re fighting now,” he sighs.

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Jod doesn't really get time for his speech as they are basically charging.

Ah, well. And I could have used that creative time elsewhere. Now they must die. I assume we are essentially in a surprise round - move or single attack?

Firing at the one in the lead: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Arrow sent, he drops his longbow and quickdraws his falchion.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 5+, Sense Motive, +0, Init +2 HP 28/28 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 5 (+1 v traps) W 3

Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


No surprise, these are ordinary rounds. Map still incoming.


HP 24/16 | Init +2 | AC 16 T 12 FF 14 | CMD 14 | F +3 R +3 W +3 | Per +1 (-1 Cha Penalty)

Init Hannik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Init Ghroth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
No surprise, these are ordinary rounds. Map still incoming.

Ah, then let's go with Rapid Shot. -2 to that original unimpressive shot, please.

Jod lets fly with the first arrow and quickly nocks a second and sends it after the first. He swiftly draws his falchion to meet the oncoming attack.

Second arrow of rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 - 2 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

This is, of course, assuming that someone that beat my initiative doesn't do something that would cause me to re-think that action.

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 5+, Sense Motive, +0, Init +2 HP 28/28 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 5 (+1 v traps) W 3

Sol had a high initiative, but poor position. I imagine he can't even see the knights and if he could ya'll are in the way of a bowshot. I could try to grease them if I can get close.


Male Human (Kellid) Oracle of the Apocalypse 3
Mulluq'Tar Sheptat wrote:

Knowledge Religion 1d20+4

Mulluq scowls, his prodigious fangs bared with his anger, before turning suddenly to gape-mouthed shock at Rhok. "Rhok! What call is there for such lewd language about this poor woman's encounters?" He turns to the men, "Stay your blade. There is never good to come from taking the life of another in sacrifice!"

"Aw, come on. These idiots think they can enchant their sword by impaling virgins. So I lied a bit, and probably saved her life. Reputation's overrated anyway."

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed that that epic bluff check didn't amount to more. At least they threw the girl aside.


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

"Oh, that old wives' tale. That... never mind."


Map.

Please place yourselves as you see fit. K1, K2 and K3 are the knights (K3 is the one doing the talking) and G is the girl.


Wand Female Human Inquisitor 2 HP: 21{21} AC: 18 Judgement: none, T: 12 FF: 16 XP Treasure

M10 please.


Ranger (Infiltrator) 3 | 23/31 hp | AC 16, T12, F14 | Saves F5, R6, W3 | Perc +7 | Effects: Resistance

Hmm, they are closer to the mouth of the alley than I envisioned. I will arrange myself around Rhok and Mulluq when they place themselves. I believe the three of us would all be at the front - preferably myself and Mulluq immediately before Rhok.


Male, Pitborn Tiefling Warrior of Iomedae's Holy Light 3 (AC: 20 [T: 11 /FF: 19]; HP: 16/30; F+8, R+5, W+6; Init: +1; Perc: +0 [Darkvision 60'])

Rhok said Jod and he would check it out and asked for back up from Mulluq, so imagine the two of them would be just a little closer than me.

If we are coming from the west, put me in L9, if we came from the east, N9.


Hp: 21 of 21; Effects active: mage armour (AC16)

Good point, did we arrive from east or west?

Dark Archive

Male Human Percept 5+, Sense Motive, +0, Init +2 HP 28/28 : AC 16 T 13 FF 12 (+1 v traps) : F 3 R 5 (+1 v traps) W 3

Doesn't really matter, Let's say west cause that would give us the worse line of sight. That would dovetail with PR's and my impression that the knights were further down the alley.

Sol J9.

3,151 to 3,193 of 3,193 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Wrath of the Righteous Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.