Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


3,951 to 4,000 of 12,562 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>

male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

double move to jjkk 13-14...
the cavalry is on it's way...

"Demon dogs!!!"


HP 68/53, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/23

Dravite 22++
Illes 22+
Ghoul and hounds 22
Ghouls II 22-
Lo'j 22--
Hudak 20
Larken 17
Alwyn 12
Elisile 7
Davos 7
Vethran 6[ooc]

[ooc]Larken up


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Double move to aa18.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn eyes the ghoulish groundskeeper with some surprise as it rushes up to him. "I guess I'll have to kill you the old-fashioned way, ghoul", he mutter. "Kill you again, that is."

No move. As I have Bull's Strength running, here's my attack against the boss ghoul in FF18: Attack roll 13+3(BAB)+4(Str)+1(Weapon focus)+1(weapon enchantment)+1(bardic music)-3(power attack)=AC 20. Damage 9+6(Str)+1(weapon)+6(power attack)+1(bard)=23.


With a wet squishy noise, Alwyn hacks off the ghouls right arm, though it doesn't seem especially bothered by the loss and snarls at the priest.

Elisile.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

I’ve lost my map for this one, and I’m hopelessly lost as to where everyone is.
Elisile will fire her bow at one of the ghoul dogs attacking Vethran, moving as required to get a shot.
[ooc]17+6+1 (bardic) –4 (into combat) = 20.
Damage: 3+1+1 = 5


Elisile somehow shoots between the legs of a horse to hit the hound attacking Vethran in the back of the head. It gives a wet canine cough and collapses by the horrified wizard.

Davos claps. Vethran.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Seeing one of the slavering hounds go down, Vethran quickly steps back from the other one and unleashes an arcane volley with a snap of his fingers and a few words of power. The missiles streak forth from his hands, slamming into the hound and a third one sails across the battlefield to strike the other one currently engaging Dravite.

5' step back from the dog (to LL-16), casting magic missile at CL 5. Three missiles, first two on the hound nearest me: 3+1, 3+1 = 8 damage. The third missile strikes Dravite's hound: 4+1 = 5.


Vethran's missile leave deep, weeping craters in the hounds' festering flesh, but they fight on.

Dravite and then Illes.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Dravite swings at the dead mutt with reckless abandon.1d20 9=14 to hit, 1d12 6=15 damage.


Dravite's mighty swing misses by a hair's breadth.


HP 68/53, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/23

Illes glances over at Vethran somewhat worried, but the lead hound falls and it seems like Vethako is ok for now. That earns the groundsman his full attention. The horse backs away nervously, but Illes keeps one hand on the reigns and grabs the other flask of holy water with his free hand. "This one's for you, with love!" Illes practically stands stands upright in his stirrups as he brings the flask up over his head and throws it down at the ghoul with force.

5' to CC-DD / 20-21 (Ride 11+2 = 13)
MA: Grab the other holy water
SA: Throw
Ranged Touch: 9+5 = 14 (+1 Music) = 15
Damage: 1+2 = 3 (+1 Music) = 4

Bardic Music 2 / 5 rounds


The ghouls flesh boils and steams, sloughing off in large chunks. It shrieks and then falls, twitching feebly next to its erstwhile arm.

Ghoul dude down.

The hound on Vethran leaps up and snaps its jaws near his face, blasting him with breath filled with rot, but fails to hit the mage. The other jumps at Alwyn but misses.

Lo'j.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Dude"? I thought you were some sort of erudite toff? Shouldn't you refer to him as "chappie" or, at worst, "punter"?

"Nice throw, Illes!" Alwyn briefly peers at the fallen ghoul to make sure it isn't growing together or attempting some sort of trickery."And stay down!"


I'm hip and hanging with the kids.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

true that, Holmes.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

I'm ready to stick my foot so far down these dogs' throats they can chew tobacco with their bungholes.


Lo'j steps to EE17 and attacks the remaining hound with his sword. He misses.

Hudak.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"Ho, yapthings! Stay dead this time!!!"

Steers the horse to kkll 14-15,
kneeguide 1+4=5(?) or is it a fumble?

attacks dog in jj15
Ergo, Bastard sword 1-handed pow attack-3+3
16+4=20 damage r7+8=15

ride to fight with horse r19+4=23
kick roll 7+4=11(?) dam 3

(if first dog is killed)
cleave jj16 ghouldog
r15+4=19
damage 10+8=18

"Here's a bone, you mutts that should not be."


Hudak butchers the final hound, and it slumps to the floor and stops moving.

End of combat. 750xp each.

Davos says, "There seem to be many of the ghouls swarming. I had better return to the town and check that they are alright. They may need the light of Sarenrae to cleanse them of this infection."

With that he rides off.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"Fare thee well Davros."
Hudak dismounts, and starts looking over his warhorse for nicks and brushing him.
"We should check over these grounds for anyone in peril. The barn or the house?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

First, I'll give a cursory look over the chicken coop, paddock, and pigsty, with an eye on whether or not there are any undead farm animals about.
I saw the movies he did before the Lord of the Rings...
Meet the Feebles...
Bad Taste...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Let's start with the barn. If there is any undead poultry, I want to deal with that quickly."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"Ghastly turkeys,.....ghoulish geese....zombie hens....such mad things should not be under the sun," Hudak delivers this pronouncement as dryly as any B-movie veteran.


HP 68/53, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/23

Hah! Meet the Feebles. But what about Dead Alive? We're more in danger of the zombie rat monkeys here.


The farm has been ransacked, and looks stripped of edibles. The only remnants of any farm animals are a few bloody feathers, stripped and scattered bones, and so on. The ghoul, however, has an iron key on a thong about its neck. The key has a curious heraldic device on it, a flower wrapped in thorns.

Knowledge (Nobility & Royalty):

Spoiler:
That's the Foxglove family crest.

Knowledge (Nature):

Spoiler:
The flower looks like a foxglove.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

“This was an ambush,” comments Elisile, after Davos has been farewelled and as the group begins its search. “I think we will be expected at Foxglove Manor.”

Knowledge, nature: 9+7 = 16 – what’s the spoiler DC?


15 for both.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

What are them flowers sposta be?


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Ambush? Certainly. Having said that, I actually doubt that it indicates that whoever is at the source of this plague of ghouls was expecting anyone. Ghouls are simple creatures - they eat, and that's pretty much it. Of course, we should assume that the opposition is forewarned anyway - I'd rather be pleasantly surprised at taking the enemy by surprise than assume the best and then get a rude awakening. Now, do anyone recognise the heraldic crest?"


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

"It is a foxglove," replies Elisile.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"Hey....like Foxglove Manor. I get it."

Hudak's delivery is so dry, you can't tell if he's really that stupid or not.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Keep in mind that that only means that the ghoul got his hands on a key from Foxglove Manor one way or another. It does not necessarily mean that Lord Foxglove is behind this. We'll see once we get there."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"There's something rotten going on there, though...
I can feel it in my bones.
Does anybody know the floorplan in there? Can a guy on a horse ride around in there?"

heh heh heh....


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

“The letter to Larken from this ‘Skinsaw Man’ invited him to The Misgivings. You discovered that The Misgivings and Foxglove Manor were the same … As I said, I think we will be expected.”


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

Hudak clenches his bastard sword:
"I got something to givvem. And I ain't gonna miss."

yeeeeeeeeyuh.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"It will be wise to assume we'll be expected. I'm just giving Aldern Foxglove the benefit of the doubt. Not that there is much doubt left, really."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

NOONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!!!


The Piut and the Pendulum. Oh wait, wrong thread.

All finished here?


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

The Piut and the Pendulum. Oh wait, wrong thread.

All finished here?

I think we're ready to move on.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"Maybe they'll bake a cake. Let's ride for the Misgivings."


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Hold thar! Me mule be injured. Thar-thar Crag, I be tendin' ta ye. Dravite will his healing belt to cure the mule and himself -2d8=10 to Crag (full), 2d8=6 to Dravite.
Anyone else be needin' a shot?


Onnnkkkk-hhheeeeee!


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

The mage dusts himself off, shaking his head at Dravite. "No, I managed to make it through unscathed... though my magical protections have taken a bit of a thrashing." He smirks, checking to see if his horse will survive and then (if the horse is more or less okay) mounts up.


People's mounts are more or less OK.

The group saddles up and rides on through the deserted landscape, casting wary eyes left and right for attackers. The weather continues to be dreary, and the road heads west until the sound of breakers raging against cliffs becomes distinct.

The strangely cold sea wind rises to a keening shriek as Foxglove Manor comes into view. The place has earned its local nickname of the “Misgivings” well, for it almost appears to loathe its perch high above the ocean, as if the entire house were poised for a suicide leap. The roof sags in many places, and mold and mildew cake the crumbling walls. Vines of diseased-looking gray wisteria strangle the structure in several places, hanging down over the precipitous cliff edge almost like tangled braids of hair. The house is crooked, its gables angling sharply and breached in at least three places, hastily repaired by planks of sodden wood. Chimneys rise from various points among the rooftops, leaning like old men in a storm, and grinning gargoyle faces leer from under the eaves. That the manor clings to the cliff is remarkable, as the whole far side is nothing more than a sheer drop down to the ocean below, a fall of over three hundred feet. Out front, the foundation stones of a longburnt outbuilding stand sentinel astride the weed-choked approach; a low stone well squats morosely amid these ruins, forming a perch for a few silently-watching crows.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Nice place, eh?" Alwyn slides off his horse, leading it towards the house. "Where do we tie up our mounts?"


Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:
"Nice place, eh?" Alwyn slides off his horse, leading it towards the house. "Where do we tie up our mounts?"

There's a dead tree, should do the trick.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran's face is a look of shock as Foxglove Manor comes into view. "Aldern seemed to be a more..." the mage searches for a word "refined person than the likes of which would reside here. Most curious... I wonder what the fate of our noble friend is?"

He moves to tie his horse to the tree so kindly indicated by the DM.

I presume it hasn't been more than an hour or two since the previous encounter, so my spells are still in effect?


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn ties up his horse as well, then reconsiders. "You are right; the decrepit state of the manor hints that the Foxglove noble has suffered some sort of unkind fate. Don't ties the horses up too tight - we might need to get them quickly." He hefts his greatsword and stalks towards the house. "Fangs out! Keep your eyes open! Be prepared for the worst."


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile nods, checking her bow string and the rest of her gear before looking about. Do we appear to have any options for entry to this place?

Yeah, if it’s been more than 2.5 hours since the ghoul fight, Elisile will consider re-buffing with mage armour.

3,951 to 4,000 of 12,562 << first < prev | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.