Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


351 to 400 of 12,043 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

The Mayor frowns slightly while trying to penetrate Dravite's thick Dwarven accent. "Well, we can pay for your bed and board while Sheriff Hemlock is away for a start. Perhaps a retainer of 5 gold pieces, in addition?"


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Don't know aboot these other here but Bed and board + 3 gp be fine wit me, I dinnae wanna put a hurting on da town in a time o' need, an I be hopin' dat some funds are bein' used to help oot the families what lost kin in the gobbo invasion.
Mayor what family be hardest hit in dis tragedy?


The mayor smiles, "Very well, three it is."

The rest are going to love you...


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Mayor, I said "I dinnae know aboot the others here". You will need to discuss vith dem what they get paid, I only need the 3 gp to be fer protectin' da innocent.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"3's fine by Hudak. Hudak would just waste it on wine anyway. I'm not purseproud. I only ask one thing: a spot of perfume for the dwarf, or if you can convince him to bathe, I'll be in your debt."


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Better give dat one the full 5, mayor. He be needin' a new buffin' rag and some polish for 'is great, empty dome. Twould hate to see that thing all scuffed and dirty.....


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Pauggh! If you'd just wash that tangled mossy beard, it'd make a perfect shammy cloth! They'd call me Mister Clean!!!"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Hudak wrote:
"Pauggh! If you'd just wash that tangled mossy beard, it'd make a perfect shammy cloth! They'd call me Mister Clean!!!"

Vethran signs heavily at the exchange, glancing at his cousin while looking thoroughly unimpressed. He then returns his gaze to the mayor and smiles, accepting the payment she offers.

"You needn't worry about the room and board for me, miss. I've a home of my own on the south side of town. I would, however, appreciate it if someone could feed my cat while I am away."


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

The rusty dragon is fine with Larken, too.

"Deputised?" thinks Larken, "What have I gotten myself into?"

Aloud, he says, "I'm willing to keep an eye on things until the Sheriff gets back... as long as we understand that it's temporary. Nothing against your lovely little town, but I'm really only passing through." He pauses a moment, then says, "I'll take your original offer. Five gold seems to be a fair wage for the work involved."
He watches the dwarf and the Shoanti, at it again, and mutters, "Altough you may end up having to pay me extra if that's going to be a constant."


Male Human Marshal 4

I surreptitiously place my hand over the family crest on the pommel of my sword, and silently hope to myself no one catches the matching surnames of me and the mayor. Not that I fear anyone know, but it seems an awkward position for the mayor to be in, deputizing her cousin.

“Mayor,” I say trying to conceal a grin, “I’ll continue to serve as an aid to the sheriff now, as I always have. No need for any more coin than I am already paid.”


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

The mayor's proposition elicits a faint smile on Illes part. Times must be tough for Sandpoint to consider deputizing three Varisians- especially while sending the bulk of their law enforcement out of town. He can't help knocking one eyebrow up in surprise at the dwarf's bargaining, then stifles a snort of chagrined amusement when the thick-skulled migrant immediately undoes half his gain.

It isn't even really a decision; there are myriad opportunities to put this proposition to good use and a relatively small chance that they would ever be called on to act out the role- what with the real guards out mopping up goblin dens. If any kind of situation did arise in Sandpoint after all, they would likely end up fighting off goblins whether paid or not. With a sidelong glance at Vethran, Illes cuts off the (presumably) light-hearted bickering between the dwarf and the Shoanti warrior before his cousin has a chance to opt out due to his studies or whatever else he might come up with.

In the typical loquacious style he reserves for figures of outsider authority the Varisian commences, "We would be honored of course to stand in further defense of our adopted home should it come to that Mayor Deverin. Your proposal is appreciated and humbly accepted... at the aforementioned rate of five crowns a day. While I couldn't speak for the rest of your more than able defenders, my cousin and I look forward to the opportunity to serve and preserve greater Sandpoint and its citizens who have already been through far too much in these past days. Citizens will be pulling together and looking hopefully to the future and it honors us greatly to be there for them offering assurances in a time of need." His words seem sincere if grandiose as they probably should for a lifelong entertainer, but to someone like Vethran who knows him a little better the skin deep smile and excessive flourish in his bow conveys quite the opposite effect.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile, as with most of the others, opts to stay at the Rusty Dragon. The evening of her battles in town, settled down in her small room at the inn, she pulls the spellbook from the bottom of her pack, deciding that she is ready to continue her studies – and finds that the arcane formula that had previously – just – eluded her grasp have suddenly become clear. She begins to study.

---

At the Mayor’s office: “Stars, Sun and Moon, Shalelu Andosana,” Elisile says quietly in Elven to the ranger, inclining her head slightly. The greeting is from a traditional saying – and greeting – amongst the Watchers of the Meriani Forest; “May the Stars guide your way, the Sun light your path, and the Moon watch and protect you.” Elisile watches the woman closely – she feels a kinship with her, and yet – the way she talks, the ease she seems to feel in these surroundings – is she Forlorn? A fleeting feeling of the yawning emptiness the Forlorn must feel passes through her, and she suppresses a shiver.

In the common tongue of humans, she adds, “It is indeed a concern if the goblin rabble are organising. Sandpoint is not the only community to feel the sting of such troubles.” She thinks of the increasing – and increasingly organised – attacks at Meriani’s borders.

Turning her attention back to the Mayor, and ignoring the bickering of her companions, she says. “I Watched for two years at my home. I am willing to Watch here also. The coins that have been provided to me in thanks already are enough – I do not require further monies at this stage, although the offer of covering the costs of board and bread are appreciated and accepted.”

She then turns to face the sheriff and Shalelu. “What will be expected of us as Watchers? I ask for advice and guidance – but I will not be held to pointless rules and regulations of another’s devising. Based on your advice and guidance it is best if I set my own patrol routes and schedules.”


"Ah, yes," she says, gazing curiously at Hudak and Dravite as they continue to bicker. "So, it's 5 gold per day, unless you prefer less, plus free board at an Inn, for the duration Belor is away in Magnimar.

"Your duties will, hopefully, be relatively light - the actual day-to-day running of the Watch will be down to Javed, Belor's deputy. You will simply make yourselves available if manpower is necessary. On that basis, I request that you stay close to town while Sheriff Hemlock is away, rather than pursue our goblin enemies in the field. You are being paid to protect the citizens of Sandpoint, rather than settle their scores for them.

"Excellent. Are we all agreed?"


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Ye 'ave nothin' to fear, Mayor, I take my duties seriously, and honor my word. I will do my best.
Hopefully tis enuff to cover Hudak's slack.....


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Aye. Agreed. If they come back, it will be ruinous for them. And the dogs of Sandpoint will all have their fill of goblinmeat."


Male Human Marshal 4

I sit quietly, letting the others bluster, simply nodding my head when the mayors eyes fall on me.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Certainly, ma'am." Heh! And I would have done it for free!


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran nods in approval. "Certainly. You know where to find me if I am needed."

With little else to say, Vethran leaves as soon as (or possibly even just a little before) it would be polite to do so, bound for his small yet cozy home.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile nods, and fidgets, eager to leave.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Let's head over there and see our accom accomod comonations.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

As the newly minted deputies wander out of the mayor's office, Alwyn beckons them over. "If we are going to... enforce the city's laws efficiently, we might want to split into regular teams. Pairs seem reasonable to me. Any preferences, strong or weak?" He nods at Hudak and Dravite. "You two seem to get along rather well..."


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Somebody needs to be keepin' im oot of danger...


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Aye,...I also think the woodsman (looks at Starbow) and woman should look around the edge of town, see if they can find any idea of where the goblins came from. I guess we gotta wait for the goblins to hit us for the time being. But when the sheriff gets back with more men to do that job, we find the goblin's house. We find it, and we give them an awesome havoc in their home.


Sheriff Hemlock harrumphs in a slightly embarrassed fashion and glances at the Mayor, who intervenes more smoothly. "We aren't really looking for you to patrol, as we have watchmen more skilled in dealing with domestic, mundane issues. We really want you to be available in town in the event of another attack."


Male Human Marshal 4

"Sheriff, Mayor, I doubt that any of these fine people have taken it as to mean you are hiring us on to be capturing every filch and cut purse, nor to rack each merchant an hour late with their taxes. I believe they intend to divvy the town up, and watch the streets in teams so that no more surprises get sprung on us by the li'l fiends."

"Meanwhile, if what is left of the watch needs some extra muscle, I've no doubt at all that we will be willing to lend a hand, whether to cuff a drunk or rebuild a wall."

Lo'j seems to excrete diplomacy instead of sweat...


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Give Javed a horn, and a signal blare, for if he needs to summon us at a moment's notice. For if we hear it, we will be there with a swift step. Otherwise, we won't muck about in the town's affairs more than any other guest would. Any goblins, though, that we see we will put through battle. And any other bit of havoc we see we will quell, though I hardly expect it.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Aye, Hudak, of that ye speak truly! I be needin' a tankard an some rest. Hudak, lets check de rooms and toss a few pints back. The stink of gobbo be on me an' I be wishin' to wash it off also so 'eres to hopin' that der inn has a couple o' tubs! We should get da rooms takin' care of, flop about a bit in some soapy water and spend the evenin' washin' the stench of battledust an' gobbo blood from our throats. Firs' round be on me!


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082
Dravite Schorl wrote:
Aye, Hudak, of that ye speak truly! I be needin' a tankard an some rest. Hudak, lets check de rooms and toss a few pints back. The stink of gobbo be on me an' I be wishin' to wash it off also so 'eres to hopin' that der inn has a couple o' tubs! We should get da rooms takin' care of, flop about a bit in some soapy water and spend the evenin' washin' the stench of battledust an' gobbo blood from our throats. Firs' round be on me!

I'll join you shortly, war brother. I'll first go see a man about a wand.

Hudak goes back to the temple, to see to the availability of two clw wands. Not buying yet...


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

I'll be ta joinin' ya, Hudak. I better pick up some Curative potions, dem others sure be stingy wit' helpin' a fellow.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Ach, we've got the jinglies together for the wands!!! We'll go buy them. I wonder what else to buy? I heard it that those gobblies don't take well to that harpy musk perfume. in my player's manual Think I'll pick up a bottle or two of that.
By Corm, these gobbers won't bleed us out any time soon.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Before the meeting ends, Elisile asks of Shalelu Andosana – “In which direction from town are the goblins likely to be found. Do you know where and how they gained access to the town in the latest attack?”

After leaving the Mayor’s office, and giving a share of her coins to Hudak for his purchase, Elisile bids the others farewell, saying she will meet them at the Rusty Dragon at lunchtime. She gathers her weapons and begins a walk around the perimeter of the town, noting its defences – or lack thereof. If any of the group wishes to accompany her she does not dissuade them, but she does not ask for company either.

She has walked the town a little in the days since the goblin attack, and is becoming familiar with it’s general layout. She begins her patrol at the town’s northern-most point, the wall guarding the only landward approach. She notes the condition of any gates, whether the walls are guarded, and whether there is any access via the beach or somesuch.
She follows the walls through the town’s graveyard if she is able to gain access to it, looking for run down sections of wall, rabbit holes under it, any gaps in the defences.

From there she follows the river bank south, staying as close to the water as possible, walking behind buildings where the width of the bank allows it. She notes the condition, construction and width of the two bridges crossing the river, and whether they are guarded. She keeps an eye out for particularly narrow or shallow areas in the river, extending branches of trees on the opposite bank, and notes the speed of the current.

Her aim is to determine any likely or possible avenues of approach for the goblins, and she is careful and methodical in the task.

Aubrey, let me know if any skill checks are required.


Elisile Starbrow wrote:

Before the meeting ends, Elisile asks of Shalelu Andosana – “In which direction from town are the goblins likely to be found. Do you know where and how they gained access to the town in the latest attack?”

After leaving the Mayor’s office, and giving a share of her coins to Hudak for his purchase, Elisile bids the others farewell, saying she will meet them at the Rusty Dragon at lunchtime. She gathers her weapons and begins a walk around the perimeter of the town, noting its defences – or lack thereof. If any of the group wishes to accompany her she does not dissuade them, but she does not ask for company either.

She has walked the town a little in the days since the goblin attack, and is becoming familiar with it’s general layout. She begins her patrol at the town’s northern-most point, the wall guarding the only landward approach. She notes the condition of any gates, whether the walls are guarded, and whether there is any access via the beach or somesuch.
She follows the walls through the town’s graveyard if she is able to gain access to it, looking for run down sections of wall, rabbit holes under it, any gaps in the defences.

From there she follows the river bank south, staying as close to the water as possible, walking behind buildings where the width of the bank allows it. She notes the condition, construction and width of the two bridges crossing the river, and whether they are guarded. She keeps an eye out for particularly narrow or shallow areas in the river, extending branches of trees on the opposite bank, and notes the speed of the current.

Her aim is to determine any likely or possible avenues of approach for the goblins, and she is careful and methodical in the task.

Aubrey, let me know if any skill checks are required.

The town is defended by a wall to the north. In other directions it is cut off by the Turandarok River or the sea cliffs. The choke points are the bridges. The defences seem to be in fairly good nick. However, you do find some evidence that a grave was desecrated during the raid.

Most goblins hail from the north, though there are tribes throughout the region.


It is evening in the Rusty Dragon. The first day as deputies for the town has been pretty relaxing, with no alarms or incidents. The innkeeper, Ameiko, a lovely, exotic-looking young woman with black hair, dark skin and slanting eyes, sings a haunting song in the tongue of her ancestors (which no one else here understands – it could be about genital boils, but the tune is nice). The regulars, quiet types who seem to know how to handle themselves, all clap appreciatively. She then opens the floor to anyone else who wishes to perform, offering a free night’s stay as a prize and the inhabitants of the taproom as judges. “How about a tale from the town’s goblin-slaying heroes!” she says with a wink.

You can draw your first day’s wages.

You can make a performance check of your choice, DC 20. In return, you get a free night’s lodging (effectively, a rebate of 1gp) and the good will of the Rusty Dragon crowd (they start at Friendly instead of Indifferent while trying to influence them). Fail by more than 5, and the regulars think you are a waste of space (Unfriendly instead of Indifferent). Ask about possible skill synergies or circumstance bonuses for “unusual” entertainments.

Chatting with the townsfolk, it is clear that a number of rumours are swirling around about the goblin raid, and a few things besides.

Gather Information checks, with a +2 if the townsfolk are Friendly, -5 if they are Unfriendly. Roll once – you get all the rumours of that DC or lower:

DC 12:

Spoiler:
There’s quite a lot of bad blood between Sheriff Hemlock and his brother, Garridan Viskalai. This is because Garridan sees Belor as having abandoned the Shoanti ways, even to the extent of translating his surname into its Chelaxian version.

DC 15:

Spoiler:
The grave of the previous high priest, Tobyn, was desecrated by the goblins. His remains were dug up and carried off. He died in a fire, along with his daughter, that destroyed the original temple about 5 years ago.

DC 18:

Spoiler:
The north gate had been unlocked during the raid. This can only be done from the inside.

DC 20:

Spoiler:
Ameiko doesn’t get on with her father, who owns the local glassworks, very well. The family suffered a number of scandals: her “brother” is a half-elf, born after her mother had an affair with a passing elf; Ameiko ran off to be an adventurer when she was young, expressly against her father’s wishes; and her mother died a few years ago, apparently falling to her death from the cliffs by their manor in mysterious circumstances. A tragic family history indeed.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

I'll think about the performance for a minute before I get into that, but since the crowd if friendly beforehand I'll gather info then.
Gather Info: 27 (17 +8 +2 Friendly)


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Hmmm... At least they didn't become Unfriendly. Missed all of 'em. Time for a beer, I guess


Actually, the crowd start of Indifferent, not Friendly, but it is true what I wrote is ambiguous. However, by Gathering Info rather than Performing, you rule yourself out of a chance to perform. Makes no difference to the checks you made, but you have to run the risk of upsetting the crowd if you want the rebate and the info.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Hudak gets a 7 for gather info!! Nobody ever tells me nothing!
Hudak watches the beautiful singer, mesmerized by her song and other traits. He continues on into his cups, joking with his friends, jibing at the dwarf. He hears a snippet of gossip here and there, but has no idea what any of these cityfolk are jabbering about. The singer, though,...she's interesting. This city dwelling might pan out something worthwhile after all's said and done.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Gather Info=15
Hey Hudak, ere! Ave anudder pint! Lookie dis is what I bean earin'. There be quite a bit o bad blood 'tween Sheriff Hemlock and his brudder, Garridan Viskalai. Dis be 'cause Garridan sees Belor as havin' abandoned da Shoanti ways, even ta da extent of translating 'is own surname into its Chelaxian version. And I also heared dis, da grave of de previous high priest, Tobyn, was'd desecrated by some gobbos. His parts was dugged up and carried away by da lil' scum. He died in a fire, 'long wit 'is daughter, what destroyed da original temple long bout 5 yearn ago.
What be ye lookin' at? Oh! She be a tad thin forn me tastes but still quite da looker. Lemme tell ye 'bout da time I wooed dis beauty what owned a bar.....*drifts into a meaningless tale of scandel and dwarf loving, mixed with more drinking than most think possible*


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"The goblins stole the bodies of the high priest and his daughter, and tried to burn down the new church?! They must have really hated the man and everything he stood for. I wonder what he did to them?"

Is there somewhere I can go to read some histories about the town? Perhaps the dead priest was a renowned goblinslayer?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"I wonder why he abandoned the ways. Me,...I was half-assed abandoned BY the ways, by what my birth meant; I was disinherited. Why does he walk away from his people?
Aye, nobody ever fights worse than brothers when they get to fighting. Glad me and mine get along so well.
What the hell do those little freaks want with a dead priest? They make not the least sense. They come to this town, half bent on killing themselves attacking like that. None of it makes any sense. No cunning, no style, just run around like jackals that ate fermented fruit, chasing their tails, burning, singing...
Aye, she's beautiful, like a sunrise I'll never be able to reach out and touch. It's far away on the horizon, and no matter how far you go, it's still on the horizon. Something to make this town worth fighting for, though."


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Hey Hudak, check dis out. Da man listens in on me conversations yet he cannae be bothered to help out a bleedin' companion. 'Ad to ave some damned unknown acolyte take da hurtin' off, an now he wans to ear what I gots to be sayin'.
I be needin' anudder drink, and a bit o' bedder comp'ny. Ye be welcome to sip a few more cups wit me, Hudak, whence yer "load" be lightened. *Grabs his pint and heads to the other end of the bar, hailing a barmaid to bring him another round*


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn shoots a puzzled look after the surly dwarf. "What the hell is wrong with him? Anyway, I'll be off - thought I'd check out the defiled grave. Bad things are surely afoot when such simple-minded critters go to such lengths as to dig up a dead man and his daughter. Enjoy yourselves - I'll be back in a bit."


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile will note that name on the headstone – if it is readable to her – note it’s position, and continue with her reconnoitre.

Since the first night at the Rusty Dragon, after witnessing the prodigious drinking (and the insults, bragging and womanising that seemed to go along with it) of a number of her new companions, Elisile had taken to having a quiet meal with the more reserved members of the group, before retiring to her room, or taking a walk around the town.

Tonight though, drawn by Ameiko’s song, Elisile lingers awhile. Her attention is focused on the woman and the song, and she pays little attention to the conversations going on around her. She declines the invitation to entertain – she does not have the voice that some elves are famed for, and her talent pales considerably in comparison to Ameikos. She does, however, make a point to thank the woman for her song after the performance.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:
Alwyn shoots a puzzled look after the surly dwarf. "What the hell is wrong with him? Anyway, I'll be off - thought I'd check out the defiled grave. Bad things are surely afoot when such simple-minded critters go to such lengths as to dig up a dead man and his daughter. Enjoy yourselves - I'll be back in a bit."

“I will go with you. I noted the position of a defiled grave in my patrol this morning. And a graveyard may not be the safest place to walk alone at night.”


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Now that night has arrived, Larken will perform his own "patrol."
He doesn't have much interest in telling, or hearing stories, so he quietly slips out while the dwarf is drawing attention to himself.
He skulks around town, and does a little rooftopping. It's a small otwn, but it might have a reasonable "thieves' highway" and that's an important itme of knowledge. Goblins seem to be a lot like rats, and rats can get anywhere.
Besides, Larken can't allow being a deputy to dull his skills. His goal is to avoid detection by anyone.

Spoiler for Aubrey:

Spoiler:
(for reference), if needed: hide checks: 21, 18, 16; move silently: 17, 26, 13; climb: 10, 15, 20


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082
Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:
Alwyn shoots a puzzled look after the surly dwarf. "What the hell is wrong with him? Anyway, I'll be off - thought I'd check out the defiled grave. Bad things are surely afoot when such simple-minded critters go to such lengths as to dig up a dead man and his daughter. Enjoy yourselves - I'll be back in a bit."

(To Alwyn)"I'll talk to him. He's sore cos you din't heal him...I den thick what he knows ya can't do it on demand alla time."

(To Dravite)"Dravite, he's my brother. I've palled around him a while; he's allright. He can't heal everybody all the time curse this 3.5 e. with it's Vancian magic!!! so he figured, hell, let these city folk's magickers pull their weight a bit in defence of their billets.
That's what we got them fancy spensive wands fer, though. You'll see! Those goblin ratbasters won't put holes in any of us for long no more."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Elisile Starbrow wrote:
“I will go with you. I noted the position of a defiled grave in my patrol this morning. And a graveyard may not be the safest place to walk alone at night.”

"Ah. Much appreciated. It is a certain safety in numbers, and good companionship livens up any patrol. And, I get to practice my Elvish!"

I'm not really expecting any trouble, so I'm just wearing leather armour and carrying my heavy mace strapped to my belt. By Alwyn's standards, that's going very light.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:


"Ah. Much appreciated. It is a certain safety in numbers, and good companionship livens up any patrol. And, I get to practice my Elvish!"

I'm not really expecting any trouble, so I'm just wearing leather armour and carrying my heavy mace strapped to my belt. By Alwyn's standards, that's going very light.

Yes, if you want every ghoul and goblin lurking in the place to hear us coming, the elf thinks.

Elisile is rarely seen without her sabre and bow, and brings them now, although she is not wearing her leather armour.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

As the unlikely pair leaves the inn, Alwyn chats amiably about Elisile's Journey and her impressions of human lands. However, his demeanor changes radically as they approach the cemetery. "The time for talking is over. I'm relying on your keen eyes to spot trouble; I'll stay quiet and out of your way from now." He unstraps his mace, giving it a preliminary twirl. "Now, let's see if our goblin friends have left us a surprise."


Larken wrote:

Now that night has arrived, Larken will perform his own "patrol."

He doesn't have much interest in telling, or hearing stories, so he quietly slips out while the dwarf is drawing attention to himself.
He skulks around town, and does a little rooftopping. It's a small otwn, but it might have a reasonable "thieves' highway" and that's an important itme of knowledge. Goblins seem to be a lot like rats, and rats can get anywhere.
Besides, Larken can't allow being a deputy to dull his skills. His goal is to avoid detection by anyone.

Spoiler for Larken:

Spoiler:
The place is pretty quiet at night. However, familiarising yourself with the place gives you a +2 bonus to any of the above skills you tried, should the need arise, while in town.

351 to 400 of 12,043 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.