Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


3,851 to 3,900 of 12,043 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Wow. Crag, ye flea-ridden lump, ye be gittin' enrolled 'n warhorse skoolin' when we be goin' back ta' town! Nice job dere laddie. *scans the area for any threats*


NNhhhhoooooonkkkk, hooonk, hhoooooor!


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Thanx, Dravite."
Now he's getting all bashful.
"Gorsh...."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Any other scarecrows in the cornfields?

"Good job. There's got to be more of them, though. Let's check out the farmhouse first."


Nice smiting. Stay in initiative. Also, since they were good rolls, Larken can keep those for next time.

Hudak despatches the last of them - the female - with his backswing. It gives an inhuman wail as it collapses, shudders and lies still.

Listen check, DC 10:

Spoiler:
You hear, from several points, an answering call like that the dying ghoul gave. They seem to echo from the fields all around.

If you made the Listen check and are still mounted, try a Spot check, DC 15:

Spoiler:
You spot motion in the cornfields - the corn stalks swaying as something passes. You can't see what the somethings are at the moment, but they seem to be lots of them and incoming from the north and south. You estimate you have about two rounds before they get here.

By the way, remember I handed out six bottles of holy water. Have you decided who has them yet?

Dravite's go.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Listen 11+3=14. I'm not mounted, though.

"Uh-huh. Sounds like I was right - there's plenty more of them."

Who wants a Bull's strength?


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Ready an action to shoot any that come into view. Move back 20' towards Crag.


Reprise:
Illes 22
Hudak 20
Larken 17
Dravite 17
Alwyn 12
Elisile 7
Lo'j 4
Davos 7
Vethran 6

Alwyn. Dravite, you got a coordinate for where you are standing?


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Move to KK20 before casting Bull's strength on myself. My STR score is now 18.


Elisile.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Illes turns about on his horse listening. "Get ready Vethran! I think those were only the welcoming committee. The party is about to start."

Listen 19+6 = 25
Spot 13-1 = 12


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Failed the listen....Hudak's kindof giddy from his recent exploits. He's convinced he just ended the encounter, singlehandedly. Plus his stallion is whickering angrily; trying to rear some.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

KK-21. Ready to shoot.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Listen: 14r +4 = 18
Spot: 20r +6 = 26 blast! what a wasted 20!!!!

"We've got incoming!" Larken yells, gesturing "There...there...and several over there! They'll be here soon!"
He dismounts, and tries to figure out where best to put his warhorse to keep it out of the way. He doesn't hobble it, figuring that if a ghoul goes for it, it'll fight back. Then he draws his shortsword and gets ready, briefly praying to Saranrae to keep him brave.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Illes calls out to Larken, "Stay close kid! I've got something for you."


Ready action to cast sonic weapon on Larken's short sword once the scarecrows break out of the cornfield. That should offset the loss of his sneak attack somewhat.

Since no one responded I'm going to pass them out:
Holy water-
Larken: 2
Elisile: 2
Illes: 2
These characters have decent dex for ranged attacks and/or might be less functional against a horde of undead (no sneak vs undead, and... well, a bard)


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Sorry for the delay folks.

Listen: 17+6 = 23, Spot: 2+6 = 8

Elisile’s sharp ears pick up the cry of more creatures from the surrounding fields, but her quick glance about as she dismounts reveals no sign of the undead menaces. She raises her bow, ready to shoot any hostile creatures that she sees.

Move action, dismount. Standard action, ready to shoot in-coming hostiles. I’ll figure out a position whenI’m more awake and alert and can figure out where wverybody else is. Probably somewhere just south of the road, near the centre of the map. If it becomes critical Aubrey can place me.


Lo'j.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Position update: I earlier described Elisile as following Hudak when he moved towards the scarecrows, so I will put her horse at EE FF 22 23. She has now dismounted and stands at DD 24.

Nice fightin’ there by the way Hudak.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

I have to thank Vatters, for telling me how power attack oughtta work...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Good eyes, Larken! Gather up! Don't let them isolate anyone - they'll tear us down like wild dogs nipping at the flanks of an elk if we split up."

I love power attack. Having said that, there is something to be said for shields and good AC as well...


Male Human Marshal 4

I end up in cc17:dd18, still on horse back.

I will ready an action to shoot my bow at the first visible ghoul.

attack results:

Spoiler:

6+5=11 damage: (as if) 2

Which is all purely a response to shouted warnings since I rolled a 1 on my listen...

Current Auras: +5' movement, and +3 wisdom checks, and wis based skill checks


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Davos and Vethran.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran dismounts nervously, reaching into his belt pouch to produce a small vial of alcohol which he uses to draw runes on his flesh, his skin growing noticeably paler and taut after doing so.

Dismount and cast false life. Rolled a 10. That's 14 temporary HP. Vethran is in GG-19 now.


OK, waiting for Davos - if I don't hear by evening my time, I will do something appropriate.


OK, Larken has dismounted but hasn't given a position - let's say EE27? Also, Davos has not given a position - let's say his horse is at JJ-KK/17-18 and that he has dismounted at KK19. Let's also say he has drawn his weapons but is otherwise keeping his powder dry.

There is a rustling all around, the tops of the corn waving, and suddenly a motley group bursts through on to the road to the east from the northern fields. Hunched, with greyish skin, blackened claws and patchy thin hair, they are clearly more of the same as the scarecrows you faced. They are dressed in the remnants of homespun clothing, though it is mostly tattered now and they are heedless of their near-nakedness. With a bestial roar, the hurl themselves towards the group. As they do so, another group burst out from the south and also runs to attack.

OK, there are ten of them in total. They burst out of the corn at RR-VV/15 and RR-VV/19, and then move to attack (though if anyone has any readied actions, they can take them now if the conditions are fulfilled. They move to attack the nearest living things, which are mostly horses. Two attack Davos's horse from LL16 and LL17, three attack Alwyn's horse at MM18, NN18 and NN19, and two attack Crag from NN21 and NN22. Three move round Crag to get at the juicy dwarf and humans of the otherside, but they have moved too far this round to also attack. They are at JJ21, JJ22 and KK22.

Each of the mounts takes a wound, Crag taking 5 points of damage.

Revised:
Ghouls 22
Illes 22
Hudak 20
Larken 17
Dravite 17
Alwyn 12
Elisile 7
Davos 7
Vethran 6
Lo'j 4

Listen check or a Spot check, DC 10:

Spoiler:
There is more rustling and movement from south of the scarecrows.

Now Illes.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Spot / Listen: 8+6 = 14

Unfortunately Elisile is facing the wrong way and on the wrong side of her horse to loose her readied arrow at any of the suddenly appearing ghouls. As she begins to move around, she suddenly notices more rustling in the corn to the south and calls out a warning, keeping her bow trained in that direction.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

"CRAG!!!" held action, rapid shot one of the creatures attacking Crag-1d20 5=19 to hit, 1d8 3=9 damage, 1d20 5=8 to hit, 1d8 3=5 damage.
Drops bow and prepares to draw The Hook. "Ya damn sons o' orcs be ready fer dyin' now. Ye dun went an' hurt me mule!!!"


Dravite's first arrow hits, the other misses. The creature snarls as the arrow pierces it through the chest, but it still flails at the mule. Lo'j also fires, but the movement of his mount puts the arrow off-line.

Illes.

Re-revised:
Revised:
Dravite 22++
Lo'j 22+
Ghouls 22
Illes 22 -
Hudak 20
Larken 17
Alwyn 12
Elisile 7
Davos 7
Vethran 6


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

From the saddle Illes begins a low hum and reaches down to touch Larken's sword which begins humming and subtly vibrating itself.

Sorry for the delay. I had readied a spell for first sighting of ghasts/ghouls.
Cast: Sonic Weapon on Larken's sword. +1d6 sonic damage
Duration: 4 minutes
Did my horse get attacked while I was on it and is that a problem for me? If it is, can I roll over my sweet (unused) Ride check from above? It was 19+2 = 21


I don't think they got to you - they attacked Davos' and Alwyn's horses and Crag.

HUUUUUUUUUDAAAAAAAAAAK!


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Move to OO 21-22.
ride r20,(5 for 2hand use)
ride r12,(10 to attack with horse)

attacking creep at nn22; then 21 if I kill him.
sword r 15-3(pow attack)+10=22; damage 8+5+2+6=21.

horse r 19+4=23; damage 6 h.p. kick. at nn22 if alive; or nn21 if dead.

If cleave, r6-3+10=13; damage 4+5+2+6=17...

die you dead b&++%es!!!


Wow, this horseback stuff really works for you!

Hudak rides over, cutting down one of the ghouls with a massive blow from his serrated sword. His misses with the follow-through on the next, but his warhorse knocks it sideways with a kick. It collapses having already taken an arrow from Dravite, and its skull crushed by a mighty hoof.

NN21 and NN22 down. Larken.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

lol you shoulda' seen the 1e cavalier I made outta the Dragon magazine back in the day.
These guys I was playing with made me start at 1st level; they were 5th; one combat against some trolls and I was 4th level.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Move to ii22 and attack the ghoul at jj22
Rapier Hit roll: 16 +4 +2(flanking) +1(bardic) = 23
Damage: 4 +2 +1(bardic) = 7
Short Sword Hit Roll: 14 +4 +2(flanking) +1(bardic) = 21
Damage: 5 +1 +1(bardic) +4(sonic) = 11
Total damage (assuming 2 hits) = 18

Whispering the 1000 Psalms to Sarenrae as he attacks, Larken moves to help Alwyn.


Larken downs another of the feral undead with a fluid rapier and short sword combination move.

Alwyn.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Back to your graves, beasts!" Brandishing his holy symbol, Alwyn advances on the slavering ghouls.

Turning undead. Turn check 8+3=11, which means I can turn undead up to 4 HD. Turn damage 9+5=14, which means I turn 14 HD. If they have 2 HD or less, they are instantly vaporised.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Vaprization is cool.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

I am a fan, too.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Realising that the undead currently attacking her companions present more of an immediate threat than whatever is rustling the corn to the south, Elisile dodges around her horse and looses an arrow at the ghoul threatening Larken and Dravite.

Move to GG21. Ranged Attack on JJ21: 19+6+1 (bardic) -4 (firing into melee) = 22.
Damage: 5+1+1 (bardic) = 7.
If JJ21 is vapourised by Alwyn’s turning, she fires at MM18 or KK22 instead. Attack roll becomes 18, due to cover.


Alwyn invokes the power of Gorum and an almost palpable force washes from his proffered symbol of divinity. The ghouls shriek in agony and fall to the ground, clawing at their own faces. Their skin blackens and chars and blue flames burst from their eyes and mouth, consuming their flesh. In a few seconds, all of the remaining ghouls are twisted, motionless black shells, crumbling like burnt firewood.

Vaporised? Meh, I can do better than that!

Still on initiative. Elisile may wish to reconsider her actions.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Gnarly!!!


Guys, I'm going to have to take and extended break from PbP. I'm failing my pre-cal algebra class and need to spend more time focusing on my school work. I'll try to get back into it once I pull my grades up, but if I don't make it back, do whatever you need to do with Davos. Thanks for a great game.


OK - to make things easier I will retire Davos from the game temporparily after this fight, and you can pick him up after that.

Davos casts Bless. +1 to hit and on saves v Fear.

Now Vethran.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Bummer. Good luck.
I got a C in college precalc; it was an eye-opener. I did actually end up graduating from college, too. You can do it! ;)


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

With no targets to fire on, Elisile moves as described above, but casts Mage Armour on herself instead, after repeating her warning of movement to the south.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Can you see what it is moving, Ellie?"


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

"No, but I hear movement, and see the cornstalks moving. More of the same, if I had to guess."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Also seeing no targets at hand, Vethran follows Elisile's lead and invokes a protective spell upon himself as well.

Cast mage armor. Partial defensive, scanning the area for any more threats.

"Nice work, Alwyn!" Vethran calls out after seeing the display of divine might.

Since it's night time, Vethran would be carrying his everburning torch aloft if light sources become an issue. Assume he has it in hand.


Dravite.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Dravite pulls out his magical Ogre Hook and places himself next to Crag, between the mule and the nearest moving area of the corn fields. Kinda lost on positions and swamped in RL. Doin' the best I can.

3,851 to 3,900 of 12,043 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.