Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


251 to 300 of 12,043 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Initiative 13. I'm going for the warchanter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Initiative = 18
Larken watches the dwarf go roaring past him, and shakes his head.
He grumbles, "Don't any of you have a concept of any tactic beyond 'hey diddle diddle - straight up the middle!'?"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Init: 4 + 2 = 6

Feeling somewhat less heroic now that his most potent spells have been expended, Vethran lurks at the rear, watching for an opportunity to strike.


OK, some more scene setting. The street is 15' wide (coordinates A - C) and the man is cowering (at A5) 30' north of the t-junction the PCs have just come around. The dog has just died in B5 and the goblin nutter with the two swords is in C5. There is barrel (cover) in A4, and there are four of the goblin footsoldiers in B4, C4, B3 and C3. The warchanter (and her mount) is in B2. Beyond her, the road forms another t-junction heading off left and right, out of sight. The PCs start off on either A11, B11 or C11. The street is lined with shops, but they are all closed for the celebration.

Initiatives:
Warchanter: 19
Tough: 11
Footsoldiers: 10

Just awaiting Elisile.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

A tactical question - as the warchanter is mounted and thus sits higher than her diminutive brethren, does she benefit from cover from the goblins in front of her? Or, to phrase it differently, would anyone take a penalty to shoot at her through the squares occupied by the gobbos in front of her?

Also - if nobody objects, Alwyn starts in C11


Hadn't thought about it, but I guess she is higher, yes, so no cover. Her mount has cover, though.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Dravite will charge and attack the Goblin Tough with his hook, a disturbing smile plastered across his face and a slight giggle escaping his lips. move from B11 to B6 and attack the Goblin tough in C5 to hit= 23, damage=14. I am gonna be out until later tomorrow so I posted my action even though Elisile may be able to tie me in initiative. With the exception of her I should be clear as 1st in initiative.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Init:4+3 = 7. Guess you didn’t need to wait for me…

Elisile slows as she rounds the corner, prepared for an ambush, as many of her new companions overtake her and charge around the corner. Looking into the street, she carefully assesses the situation.

Starts in square A11. Intent is to fire bow at either warchanter or goblin in B4 depending on tactical situation at her turn.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Initiative-----

Dravite- 23
-Warchanter- 19
Larken- 18
Lo'J- 15
Alwyn- 13
-Gobbo Tough- 11
-Gobbo footsoldiers- 10
Elisile- 7
Hudak, Illes, Vethran- 6


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Dravite's hook slashes across the face of the goblin, turning it into a mask of blood. All this elicits, however, is an insane grin from the wounded warrior. The warchanter casts a spell at Dravite, who briefly feels the magical energy wash over him before shrugging it off.

Rolled Dravite's save for him to keep things rolling - he made it. Spellcraft DC 15 check to see what was cast.

Spoiler:
Daze.

Now Larken.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Hey! Spellcraft 13+2=15 - just made it!


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Spellcraft: 16+7 = 23. Hmmm, hope I didn't just waste a decent attack roll on a spellcraft check for a spell that our guy saved against anyway!


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Spellcraft: 5 + 7 = 12. I guess Vethran is too far back to get a good look at the somatics.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Moving from A11 to A6 and throwing a dagger at the warchanter (to hit =11, damage =8) which is certainly a miss.

Larken moves up to try to protect the cowering man, and flings a dagger toward the mounted female.


Larken's dagger whistles past the warchanter's ear.

Now L'oj.


Male Human Marshal 4

"RRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!! Get out of my city!"

I charge forward towards the goblin tough, using my shield like a battering ram.

Charging from C11 to C5 to initiate a bull rush

Bull Rush:

Spoiler:

Initiating a Bull Rush: First, you move into the defender’s space. Doing this provokes an attack of opportunity from each opponent that threatens you, including the defender. (If you have the Improved Bull Rush feat, you don’t provoke an attack of opportunity from the defender.) Any attack of opportunity made by anyone other than the defender against you during a bull rush has a 25% chance of accidentally targeting the defender instead, and any attack of opportunity by anyone other than you against the defender likewise has a 25% chance of accidentally targeting you. (When someone makes an attack of opportunity, make the attack roll and then roll to see whether the attack went astray.)

Second, you and the defender make opposed Strength checks. You each add a +4 bonus for each size category you are larger than Medium or a –4 penalty for each size category you are smaller than Medium. You get a +2 bonus if you are charging. The defender gets a +4 bonus if he has more than two legs or is otherwise exceptionally stable.

Bull Rush Results: If you beat the defender’s Strength check result, you push him back 5 feet. If you wish to move with the defender, you can push him back an additional 5 feet for each 5 points by which your check result is greater than the defender’s check result. You can’t, however, exceed your normal movement limit. (Note: The defender provokes attacks of opportunity if he is moved. So do you, if you move with him. The two of you do not provoke attacks of opportunity from each other, however.)

If you fail to beat the defender’s Strength check result, you move 5 feet straight back to where you were before you moved into his space. If that space is occupied, you fall prone in that space.

Here is hoping he can't kill me with a single attack of opportunity...

Bull rush roll: 18 + 2 (str) + 2 (charging) = 22
I am not following through, so only 5' of movement

He now needs to beat a 22 on a STR check with a -4 (size), or get pushed back; provoking an AoO from Dravite.

I know there are rules for being bull-rushed into an occupied square, but they are not in my portable SRD reference for some reason...


Lo'j wrote:

"RRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!! Get out of my city!"

I charge forward towards the goblin tough, using my shield like a battering ram.

Charging from C11 to C5 to initiate a bull rush

He failed. He is still flatfooted so he gets no AoO. I'll assume he falls prone in his square.

The goblin champion barely has time to wave its weapons before L'oj bears down in it, forcing it to the ground.

Nice work. Now Alwyn.


Male Human Marshal 4
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

He failed. He is still flatfooted so he gets no AoO. I'll assume he falls prone in his square.

The goblin champion barely has time to wave its weapons before L'oj bears down in it, forcing it to the ground.

Nice work. Now Alwyn.

Fair enough, still an AoO from Dravite if he trys to stand, and me too now...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Move 30' forward: 25' forward to C6, then 5' to B5 - and then bopping the goblin in B4 on the head with my sword. That leaves me standing on top of the dead dog, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Attack roll 14+3=AC 17, damage is 9+3=12. Bop! I can hit the prone gobbo with an AoO as well now if he ever decides to get up.

Alwyn deftly steps between Dravite and L'oj before slamming his greatsword into a hapless goblin. He looks down at the tripped goblin with an unpleasant smile. "You're next, buddy. Don't go anywhere."

This assumes that Lo'j is in C5 with the prone goblin, instad of stopping at C6. Also, can I move through A4 next turn, or is that square full?


I'm assuming Lo'j is still in C6, having pushed the goblin over. It isn't helpless, so it gets to occupy a space on its own. That doesn't stop you moving to there, as you can move through an ally's space. A4 is occupied by a barrel, though you can try and jump it if you want. You cannot occupy that square, but it does provide cover.

Alwyn's crushing blow fells the goblin in a single strike. The goblin bravo attacks from the ground, its swords flailing but failing to connect. A goblin grunt throws a javelin at Alwyn, but the missile flies off in a completely random direction. Another steps forward into the gap left by its felled comrade and sticks its blade into Alwyns chest, though only inflicting a fleshwound (3 points of damage). A third attempts to chop at the cleric but misses.

Alwyn took a crit - he's lucky they are fairly puny and got bad rolls. Now Elisile.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Hudak, Illes, and Vethran all have 14 Dexterity and act on the same initiative, so when it comes to our turn, do you want us to post in any particular order or is it "first come, first serve?"


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
I'm assuming Lo'j is still in C6, having pushed the goblin over. It isn't helpless, so it gets to occupy a space on its own. That doesn't stop you moving to there, as you can move through an ally's space. A4 is occupied by a barrel, though you can try and jump it if you want. You cannot occupy that square, but it does provide cover.

Ok. I'll adjust my map accordingly. Which goblin stepped up - C3 or B3?

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1

Since elisile posted an action earlier, I would suggest we run with it. Specifically longbow attack on the warchanter in B2. I rolled a 10+14=14 to hit, and 6 damage

Feel free to ignore this if this is not the way you want to go.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Yep, that’s cool D’mann.

Elisile steps forward a pace (into A10) and aims and fires her bow at the mounted goblin, over the heads of the combatants in between.

Rather than have a second chance at the attack roll, I’ll use the rolls above.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

As bodies and missiles fly through the air, Alwyn quickly turns towards the cowering dog-owner. "We'll take it from here. Move out before you get hit by a stray weapon!"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

With the entire pathway blocked by his newfound allies and the ensuing melee, Vethran has little avenue to assist and opts to stand back, watchful for any goblins coming up from the rear.

Full defensive (+4 AC), staying in C11. Watching for any approaching threats.


Elisile Starbrow wrote:

Yep, that’s cool D’mann.

Elisile steps forward a pace (into A10) and aims and fires her bow at the mounted goblin, over the heads of the combatants in between.

Rather than have a second chance at the attack roll, I’ll use the rolls above.

What attack rolls?


Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Hudak, Illes, and Vethran all have 14 Dexterity and act on the same initiative, so when it comes to our turn, do you want us to post in any particular order or is it "first come, first serve?"

To save time, first come first served. Ordinarily we would roll for it.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Elisile Starbrow wrote:

Yep, that’s cool D’mann.

Elisile steps forward a pace (into A10) and aims and fires her bow at the mounted goblin, over the heads of the combatants in between.

Rather than have a second chance at the attack roll, I’ll use the rolls above.

What attack rolls?

The ones Dragonmann made on my behalf - 14 to hit, 6 to damage. OR I guess I could have just rolled again and got, lets see, 15 to hit and 4 to damage.


Let's not over-complicate things. Elisile can stand in the middle of the street and fire at the warchanter over Dravite's head. I need a coordinate (probably beginning with B) but that should be easy.

Elisile's shot misses the warchanter narrowly. She squawks and glares at the elf archer.

Ooops - see edit above. Got her AC wrong.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Call it B10.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

With the scene unfolding around him, Illes is quick to note that Sandpoint's random collection of defenders have things under control. Rushing in now would only complicate things with everyone bumping elbows and dodging each others blades. Instead he opts to balance whatever edge the goblin warchanter was able to impart to its troops with one of his own. He brings his flute to his lips and begins the trilling opening to a Varisian tale of the wild hunt- a tune both airy and maddening in its representation of the fey and often used to drive warriors to even greater heights.


MA: To A8
SA: Inspire Courage (+1 morale Attack/Damage, +1 morale vs Charm/Fear)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Hudak starts trembling. He can't get into the fray. This makes him angry. He moves up, growling and looking for his opening. He settles for baiting the warchanter. "Songhag, I hope you don't run away! I look forward to dancing with you!"
move to B8

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1

Initiative: Round 2

Dravite - 23 @ B6
-Warchanter - 19 @ B2
Larken - 18 @ A6
Lo'J - 15 @ C6
Alwyn - 13 @ B5
-Gobbo Tough - 11 @ C5 (Prone)
-Gobbo footsoldiers- 10 @ B4, C4, B3 or C3 (please clarify)
Elisile - 7 @ B10
Hudak - 6 @ B8
Illes - 6 @ A8
Vethran - 6 @ C11 (Full Defense)

Effects in Play: Inspire Courage (+1 to hit/damage , +1 save vs charm/fear), Master of Tactics (+3 damage while flanking)

Grand Lodge

As far as getting to the Warchanter from behind, I'm guessing that it would take something like 195' of movement. The street running north out of the square should join the one running behind her, but the temple's square was pretty big.


Dragonmann wrote:
-Gobbo footsoldiers- 10 @ B4, C4, B3 or C3 (please clarify)

B3, B4, C4.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Dravite swings again at the Goblin Tough, a deep giggle escaping his lips as his hook rips into the Tough's flesh deeply. To hit=24, Damage= 12 forgot to figure the prone factor into the "to hit" roll.
Dravite assumes that the 2 awesome blows he has dealt the Tough are more than enough to kill him (26 damage total) and looks back at Hudak saying "Hey slow-poke maybe if'n you shake a leg, ye can step up into me spot. I gots bigger fish to fry! Hee-hee *giggles a bit more to himself*".
Dravite will move through the guy's space whos dog got killed, and attempt to climb over the barrel and end up in A3, but Climb=7 so I assume I don't make it over but will keep trying to climb the barrel (stay in A4). I may have drawn an AoO from a gobbo in B4.


In common, the goblin tough hisses from bloodied lips, "You try harder, beardy." He isn't dead - you may wish to reconsider your actions.

Meanwhile, the warchanter casts again at Dravite. DC 11 Will save, and you get your +2 against spells.

Now Larken.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Makes save 13 or 14 if it is a charm/fear effect.
Nah, Dravite can't imagine that anything that small and prone could take that amount of damage without expiring, so he does the action posted.


OK, that's two AoOs, one from the tough and one from the gobbo in B4.

As Dravite moves away, a blow comes from the tough at ankle hieight, slashing Dravite's leg painfully. The goblin by the barrel also goes for him, but the blow bounces ineffectually off the wood. 7 points of damage. By the way, you are in A5, not A4 - you don't get to A4 until you actually climb the barrel. The human you are saving in a non-combatant, so you can coexist happily in the same square.

Enter the Larken.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Tumble (roll = 17) to A3, hopefully avoiding an AoO from the goblin at B3, and attacking the warchanter with my rapier (attack roll = 9, but now she's threatened if she decidees to do more magic.)

Larken moves past the civilian, plants his empty hand on the dwarf's shoulder and does a roundoff, landing on the other side of the barrel. His rapier lashes out at the warchanter, but using a living creature as a vaulting horse is fraught with peril, and he's just enough out of position to miss.
"Go over, or go around," he mutters as he launches himself off of the dwarf, but by all the gods, get out of the way."


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

WHAT IN BLAZES! Oh, Larken! Damn near hooked ye! Don't be leapin' aboot liken a darned freak without a bit o' warnin', lad. Give de harpy back there some whatfor!


Male Human Marshal 4

"Surround them, and prevail!"

I will attack the prone goblin (to hit: 15+3+1 (IC) +4 (prone target) - 23 - damage 1+2+1 (IC) = 4)

Spoiler:

Yeah, that's right, 4, got a problem with it?

If the gobbo dies I will 5' step into his square.


The goblin still lives. Now Alwyn.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

It won't be around for much longer, if I get my way...

Alwyn stares at the continued vitality of the prone goblin with a mixture of annoyance and amazement. This is ridiculous! Time to put this one away for good. He shifts his grip, grabbing the greatsword by the crossbars and, with a piledriving leap, drives the blade into the recaltricant enemy.

I'm using my smite attempt on this sucker. Attack roll 11+3+1(bardic music)+4(smite)=AC 19. Damage roll 10+3+1(bardic music)+1(smite)=15 points of damage.If that finally kills him, I 5'-step into C5, if not I 5'-step to A6 - I land awkwardly and stumble either forwards or backwards. Either way, I'll be making way for Hudak to get into the action.


Alwyn finally despatches the surprisingly tough goblin. The remaining soldiers quake a little at that feat, but the warchanter urges them on. This proves surprisingly effective - both land telling blows on Dravite and Alwyn. The two stalwarts collapse under the assault, and the goblins cheer up considerably.

Both Dravite and Alwyn took crits, each doing 6 points of damage each.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Seeing Alwyn and the dwarf fall under the counter-attack of the remaining goblins, Elisile calmly steps forward a pace to aim around the large Shoanti warrior standing in front of her, and fires off an arrow at the goblin attacking the dwarf – the other being blocked from her view by the marshal.

Her aim is true, and armour not withstanding, she thinks she will down the creature, hopefully opening up the way for the big Shoanti to assist his friend, or the human lad who has gone after the warchanter.

Moves to C9 and fires arrow at goblin in B4. To hit: 12+4+1 = 17. Damage: 8+1 = 9

251 to 300 of 12,043 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.