Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


151 to 200 of 12,319 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Sorry for all that confusion, guys. I guess I got a bit too excited with that attack roll... I'll read my map more carefully next time. Also, good job, FH! We probably need that extra DM with so many players spread out over so many time zones.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Lo'j wrote:

Gurney: Stabilization roll 94 - Hurray, Hurray, Hurray for arterial spray

Lo'j: Stabilization Roll 35 - Hurray, Hurray, Hurray for arterial spray

Both are now at -4

I'll fix you guys up over the next couple of turns. Just don't go anywhere!


Male Human Marshal 4

Gurgle, gurgle gurgle

In Drowning on own blood:

Spoiler:

Don't mind us, we're not going anywhere.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak moves to I6. Don't think he can attack but if so, rat head dog thing hit 16+6=22; dmag 8+3=11. Hope the goblin aoo doesn't crit me...
sorry guys, busier than hell...
(would love to go to J6, but then the goblin on the rat gets to aoo me; my wounded unconscious ass wouldn't be able to protect the healer...)


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

If Hudak is not brought to a screeching halt in my area of effect, my action should go off normally. Burning Hands damage: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10. Reflex save DC 15 for half.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

If I'm on the ground, bleeding, the spell will go over me, right? Hell, it might even cauterize the wound. ;)


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Hudak wrote:
If I'm on the ground, bleeding, the spell will go over me, right? Hell, it might even cauterize the wound. ;)

We should get some magical items for you and Drav that converts fire damage to healing so that I can just nuke the area you're in with impunity and save the cleric some spell slots in the process. ;)


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
By the way, Fakey - good work in the deputy DM slot.

Just tryin' to keep the flow organized, it was looking a bit cluttered with all the premoves. Gobbos are up again, right?

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
Dravite Schorl wrote:
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
By the way, Fakey - good work in the deputy DM slot.

Just tryin' to keep the flow organized, it was looking a bit cluttered with all the premoves. Gobbos are up again, right?


Correct.

If the initiative table with locations was helpful, I gladly keep doing that.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Dragonmann wrote:
If the initiative table with locations was helpful, I gladly keep doing that.

Yeah, that was a big help. With a group this big, though, maybe you could put it behind a spoiler next time to save screen space?

Qadira

Male Dworc (half-dwarf/half-orc) Monk4/Barbarian2/Rogue2/Jack-of-all-Trades2/Master of None2/Quasi-diety2
Dragonmann wrote:


Correct.

If the initiative table with locations was helpful, I gladly keep doing that.

I found it real helpful. I don't wanna speak for everyone but I liked it.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Hudak wrote:

Hudak moves to I6. Don't think he can attack but if so, rat head dog thing hit 16+6=22; dmag 8+3=11. Hope the goblin aoo doesn't crit me...

Unless you get smoked by the goblin in A5 (the other ones have already had their AoOs), I don't see why you can't attack if you charge 7 squares from B6 to I6 and then land a big wallop on the gobbo rat.

As an aside, can I spontaneously convert my domain spell into healing?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Cannot covert domains to heals. That's something I know tight from playing Rodergo.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

OK. That means cure light wounds on L'oj, and then a cure minor wounds to stabilise the doggie. My magic is pretty limited at level 1, to say the least.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:
OK. That means cure light wounds on L'oj, and then a cure minor wounds to stabilise the doggie. My magic is pretty limited at level 1, to say the least.

You're preaching to the choir here. After this spell, I've got nothin' but 12 Strength and a quarterstaff for their asses. Well... and a couple 0-level spells.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK, time for Hudak's gauntlet run. That is four - read'em, four - AoOs on his journey to I6. You can only attack if you do a charge to there, reducing your AC by 2, and in a straight line passing out of the threatened squares of all four goblins. Three hit, doing a total of 9 points of damage.

Hudak runs the gauntlet of the his foes to reach the fallen Lo'j, taking a series of flesh wounds as he passes. His bastard sword hacks into the goblin mount, hacking off its ugly head. Its rider reacts swiftly, dropping nimbly to the ground as it slumps to the ground.

Vethran steps forward and unleashes a gout of fire at the goblins bunched up by the woodpile. With a shriek and the smell of burning flesh, three are engulfed, flopping to the ground with their armour smoking. The remaining goblin, standing unscated to the left, looks at his fallen companions and decides discretion is the better part of valour - it heads for the northern exit of the square.

Meanwhile, the tough tries to swing its polearm at the wounded Hudak, but gets it tangled in its dead mount's harness. It struggles to pull its weapon free.

The remaining footsoldier disappears off the map with a double move out of the north exit. The remaining tough, which rolled a 1 on its attack, remains in J5. Now Dravite.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
OK, time for Hudak's gauntlet run. That is four - read'em, four - AoOs on his journey to I6.

Didn't a lot of those AoOs get used against Dravite already? Or do these little bastards have Combat Reflexes?


Good point, I'd forgotten - Hudak therefore only loses 3 hit points. Much more managable.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

I twirl the Ogrehook, reversing my grip and ripping it in a violent upwards motion, aiming at the ex-dogrider, but instead getting the hook tangled in dog-rat creature guts and missing the mark. I step over to try to tear the weapon free.
Crappy rolls to hit dogrider, followed by a 5' step to J4.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Hey, careful with that pelt! I was gonna make a hat for my bald head out of it!"


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Fake Healer wrote:
Dragonmann wrote:


Correct.

If the initiative table with locations was helpful, I gladly keep doing that.

I found it real helpful. I don't wanna speak for everyone but I liked it.

Works for me - thanks.


OK - Vethran next, then Larkin.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Spoiler for Aubrey:

Spoiler:
On her turn, Elisile will move to attack the mount of the female goblin, if she can do so without attracting attacks of opportunity from any remaining goblins. If the mount is already dealt with by that point, she will coup de grace the female goblin and search her for anything interesting. If she does need to make an attack roll, she will use her previously cast Guidance spell that I forgot to use last attack to gain a +1 to the roll. Attack roll if needed: 14+4+1+1=20


Male Human Marshal 4

Initiative Table

Round 3

Spoiler:

Mounted goblin toughs 23 @ J5
Dravite 22 @ J4
Larken 16 @ E8
Illes 14 @ F7
Alwyn 14 @ J6
Lo'j 13 @ K6 : Gurney @ K5
Elisile 10 @ I7
Hudak 9 @ I6
Vethran 8 @ C8

Current Effects:
Bless, Inspire Courage

Total Bonuses: +1 to hit, +1 to damage, +1 to saves vs fear and charm.

Andoran

Male Engineer Geek 6/Engineer 5/Engineseer 1
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
OK - Vethran next, then Larkin.

Vethran delayed, his new initiative is 8


Male Human Marshal 4

When my turn comes around, I bleed more, so does Gurney.


OK, Larken next.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

My next action, in case I'm not around when my turn comes:

Spoiler:
I cast cure light wounds on the bleeding L'oj. We're both a little away from the last goblin champion, so I shouldn't need to cast defensively. However, if he moves closer, that's what I'll do.

Concentration check, if necessary, 12+6=18. Cure light wounds restores 1d8+1=6 hp, and L'oj stops bleeding. BTW, that's my last disposable level 1 spell.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

Larken double moves to K7, flanking the unmounted goblin.
to hit = 17 (1d20+5), damage = 13 (2d6+6)

Seeing an opportunity, Larken runs past the very large, bald Shoanti, and moves into a position of defence over the downed bard. As the goblin tries to watch 3 opponents at once, Larken drives his rapier into its chest.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes runs over and begins kicking the downed goblins torches away from the woodpile. "Vethran- where in the hells have you brought us? Goblins walking into town like they own the place! There is something wrong with these people!"

MA: B5


Larken wrote:

Larken double moves to K7, flanking the unmounted goblin.

to hit = 17 (1d20+5), damage = 13 (2d6+6)

Seeing an opportunity, Larken runs past the very large, bald Shoanti, and moves into a position of defence over the downed bard. As the goblin tries to watch 3 opponents at once, Larken drives his rapier into its chest.

I'm not sure how you do a double move and still get to attack.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Aubrey:

Spoiler:
May not get a chance to post before this is worked out - my action will be as posted above. Is the goblin females mount within reach? Or was she thrown off?

Grand Lodge

Stunty your map must be a little skewed. K7 would require only a single move, but place Larken 10' away from the last goblin standing. You won't be able to flank, but you could move 25' and attack from I5.


OK, let's assume Larken does his move and attacks but does not flank. If we halve his damage....

The goblin staggers under Larken's attack but does not fall.

Illes kicks the torches away, Alwyn heals Lo'j (Vattnisse to roll the actual hp amount). Lo'j bleeds a bit, and Elisile coup de graces the female goblin, her mount having run off. Now Hudak.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak goes to cut the goblin down and fumbles-rolled a nat. 1.
What happens when you fumble a bastard sword? (ouch!)


Nothing, fortunately for you, since we are not using my patented fumble rules. You just miss. Now Vethran.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Alwyn heals Lo'j (Vattnisse to roll the actual hp amount). Lo'j bleeds a bit, and Elisile coup de graces the female goblin, her mount having run off.

L'oj gets 6 hp back, so he's up to 2 hp and doesn't bleed anymore. His dog, on the other hand...


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Nothing, fortunately for you, since we are not using my patented fumble rules. You just miss. Now Vethran.

Sweet. I don't want to kagle a bastard sword. "Rectum? It damn near killed him!!!"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran shrugs at Illes as he speaks and steps towards the melee, remaining a respectful distance away as he prepares to loose arcane power on anything that tries to escape.

5' step to D7 and readying an action to cast ray of frost on any goblins (or goblin mounts) that try to flee the square.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

What is left to kill and where is it? Whatever is I will try to kill it.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Only the wounded, dismounted goblin you missed last turn. You won't need to go very far to get to him. ;D


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

failed my spot check on that one....
Dravite swings once more with his massive hook, aiming at the disgusting creature before him. DAMMIT!! Missed again! Then Dravite moves into a better position so as to aid the large Shaonti warrior in his attack. Moves to K4 to flank with Hudak.


The remaining goblin waves his polearm ineffectively, the bllod from its wound running down its shoulder. It looks around desparately for an exit, but finds itself surrounded by foes.

Dravite's had his go. Can't remember who is next.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Larken, Iles and then me.


male Human Rogue 3 / Fighter 1

feh... sorry about the double move... it was from an earlier idea, and didn't get properly proof-read. And yeah... my map got skewed.
Anyway, stabity-stab goes the rapier, for an impressive miss (to hit roll 7 (D20+3)

Larken, obviously confuesd about the goblin's position, thrusts where he thinks the little monstrosity ought to be, which is of course, not where it is.


Illes next.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Come to Hudak, doghater! Ratriding ninny! I will hew you down and make the grass green in the patch where you fell!!!" the mighty Hudak taunts to the dehorsed goblin tough.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes continues on trying to prevent any fire from springing up.

MA:Put my flute away, SA: 5' step, continue kicking torches as they surround the woodpile


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn glances up after healing the city guardsman and sees, to his astonishment, that the dismounted goblin is still alive and in a fighting mood. He straightens up and swings his sword as he steps forward, delivering a powerful strike.

5' step forward and then striking that annoying goblin. Attack roll 14+3+1(bless)=AC 18. Damage 10+3+1(bardic music)=14. Splat!


The last goblin expires with a crunch.

End of combat. OK, I'm off to Chicago tomorrow and will try my best to post using my blackberry (though it's a byatch to use it for that). But don't expect much for a week or so.

151 to 200 of 12,319 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.