Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


10,501 to 10,550 of 12,319 << first < prev | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | next > last >>

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Sefayll, your armour is light so it's a 60' fly speed.

Hudak and Sefayll set off in hot pursuit.

Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Map updated.

Vethran.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
The mastiff seem surprised by Camlo's agility, but not unduly disturbed. They move closer, but leave the initial approach to the one which first swiped at the halfling. It makes an attempt at a "playful nip" at Camlo's legs.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 to hit, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 and on a hit it gets to make a trip attack:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 v CMD.

Map updated.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
With Sefayll in flight, Vethran turns his attention to the thug being pursued by the slower, armored Hudak. Stepping out into the intersection, the mage wills the still-sparking hand down the corridor where it attempts to deliver its deadly arcane payload once again.

Move to K22. Sending the spectral hand after T2. Touch attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 12 vs. touch AC. That's probably not going to do it. :(


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubs:
Camlo slides to the side of the nip, but doesn't move to attack back just yet. "Back Doggy!" he says in as commanding a tone as he can manage.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Pretty sure Vethran can't see the target from there. Want to do a double move or cast something else?

Map updated.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Attacking?


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Can't see up the stairs? Uh... yeah, I guess I'll double move to L16 then.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Illes.

Map updated.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubrey the Demented/Malformed:
Not until it lands a hit most likely.... Camlo's still furiously trying to work out a way out of this without fighting 4 dogs, or that the cavelry will arrive soon!


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Once the thugs bolt, Ezreal curses and drops the spell while jogging into the room rapier out. He pauses by the woman to offer her a rakish grin, "Don't worry miss. Stick with us if you want and you have it on my word they won't be back to bother you."

Well hell. I think I have to voluntarily fail casting silence before it completes because despite its super long range I can't see far enough to place it somewhere useful now. I hadn't noticed that those were stairs.
Also it turns out every offensive spell I have is short range (except silence). Hadn't noticed that before either.
Move to I20
Diplomacy 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (15) + 17 = 32
Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Scryers:

Spoiler:
The woman eyes Illes silently, her face streaked with tears. She is a dark-skinned Varisian, and manages to make leather armour look sexy.

Illes:

Spoiler:
You get the impression she is surprised to see you, and recognises you.

Map.

Alwyn.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Illes comes up short when he recognizes her, "Oh hell. You. Well- Far as I see it there ain't much good reason for three grown men to be ganging up on an unarmed woman. Set aside that business back in Wartle for a minute. We'll get you clear of whatever trouble you might be in here if you want, but you'll have to take a rain check if you are still holding a grudge over the way things went down on the boat."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Get that guy", Alwyn hisses at Hudak, pointing up the stairs. "I'll deal with the other one."

Move to I17 before casting Hold person on T1. Will save DC 17 to avoid paralysis.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
1d20 ⇒ 14 Will save.

The fleeing thug freezes like a statue, his forward momentum causing him to crash down to the bottom of the flightr of stairs. The other miscreant keeps running, to the top pof the stairs and left into a corridor.

T1 Held.

Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Sefayll.

Map updated.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Aubrey:

Spoiler:
I do have the right woman don't I? As far as I recall sexy Varisian in leather has only come up once and since she recognized Illes I took a leap there. If I'd seen her gold tooth I would have been sure. A little awkward if I had that wrong.


Illes:

Spoiler:
It's her, alright.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
The shadow mastiff seem somewhat befuddled by Camlo's refusal to attack and the difficulty they are having in getting at him. One growls and then lets out a booming howl.

Will save, DC 16, or become panicked. This is a sonic, mind-affecting fear effect.


Effects:

Team Scryer:
Seeing the thug fall, the armored mage turns around to aid in the pursuit of the other one.

Not terribly good with the flight rules, but it appears that to turn around will cost 10' of speed and a Fly DC 20 check. If the stairs are steeper than 45 degrees, that will require a second DC 20 check.

Turn Around: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Fly Uphill: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35

Not actually sure what the first failure will mean...


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubs:
Will: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 2 = 21 Camlo looks askance at the odd sound the Mastiff makes, and then looks up at the mark. "Is your puppy trying to sing Mark? It's not a good song!"


Scryers:

Spoiler:
The rules are unnecessarily complex (viva 4ed), but this is my reading. The rules for flying manoeuvres (and associated skill checks) only count for manoeuvres made in your turn. You can change direction between your turns with no penalty. So since you are making your change of direction between your last turn and this, you don't have to make a skill check for that. Also, the stairs are less steep than 45 degrees, so no skill check for that. However, with your movement rate of 60' (or 120' for a double move) you have a lot of scope so if you are manoeuvring to head after the other thug, there will be a series of manoeuvres you may have to execute (notably flying round the corner of the stairs you are on to get to the stairs the remaining thug is on) which might require skill checks. What they are, I leave up to you.


Effects:

Scry, Scry, Scry:
The intent is the same. Reverse course and - using the other party members as guides - find the remaining thug before he raises the alarm. I have neither map nor rules available to me at the moment, but I think she's going to have two 90 degree turns to negotiate before she runs out of distance. In case more rolls are necessary:

Fly: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21

Fly: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Hudak is up


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Hudak has 35' move, so he can triple-move to F9. And that's what he'll do.

Sword waving, Hudak sprints to intercept the fleeing rogue.


Effects:

Scryers:
Now that I can see the map, I believe - if her flight was successful - that she should 5' ahead and to the right of Hudak after her change of direction.

Edit: That's only one move action. 60' more feet after that, so L12, I believe.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Sefayll and Hudak gain on the running hoodlum. Ahead they hear the bellowing howl of some sort of terrible hound.

Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Vethran.

Map updated.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Vethran doggedly pursues the remaining thug with the others.

Run to L10.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"That dog'll hunt...."


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Hold that thought despina." Illes races ahead bounding down the stairs after the fleeing thug while singing a part from a classic Varisian puppet show.

Move to I26
Hideous Laughter DC 19


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
I just realized that guy is already immobilized. I can't do anything to stop the other guy, so consider Illes to be holding back with the woman.

"Illes Elandru. I never did catch your name?"


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Alwyn.

Map updated.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Map updated.

The shadow mastiff pack-leader growls in irritation at Camlo's seeming imperviousness to its attacks. It snaps at him angrily.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 to hit, damage 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 and on a hot it makes a 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30 attack v CMD to trip.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Tag along, Illes. Hear that dog? Either it is a guard dog that must be stopped, or it's close by the Black Mark. As for you, Sczarni girl..." Alwyn points to the thug he just killed. "The dead guy has a knife. The guy back there is paralysed. Why don't you get to know him a little better while we palaver with the Mark?"

Run to K20. Damned heavy armour.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
The best you can do is a double move as running requires you to have a straight line.

Map updated.

As Alwyn lumbers up the stairs the thug sprints down the corridor above, yelling to raise the alarm. He halts in a far room from which the howling emanated, the distant torchlight visible, and more voices are raised in reply.

Sefayll.

Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4


Camlo:

Spoiler:
As Camlo dodges another set of slavering jaws he hears a voice yelling from above, "We're under attack! Warriors and wizards!"

And about time too...


Effects:

Scryers:
Whispering, "Why couldn't the Gorumite stop this one? I was about to freeze the other one. How many voices can you make out?"

Delaying. Is there torchlight in the hall we are about to enter? Or only in the room at the end?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Veth;.....you think you can lay into them from here? I wanna hang back til you do that, and cover you. Let them come to us, and get some of your good magicks along the way....."

I'm going to step betwixt Veth and them, if Veth wants to send a hail mary fireball down the hall; I don't feel like overextending with so many backstabbing types there. Or, I might just stay put if Veth can cast from behind the corner here; I don't feel like being an arrow magnet needlessly. Either way, I don't feel like charging that big a group.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
The mage simply nods to Hudak and maneuvers around the corner. Looking far down the hallway, he measures the distance with a careful eye before beginning his incantations. With the final words, his hand raises up and produces a sphere of flame that rockets down the hall before detonating with a low roar.

Move to AV-14. Casting empowered fireball centered on O-P/13-14. That should hit K, T10, S1, S2, S3, S4, T2, T4, T5, T6, and T7. 15d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2, 3, 2, 2, 5, 4, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5, 1) + 4 = 51 fire damage, Reflex DC 21 half.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Scryers:

Spoiler:
then I'll put myself in AQ 14, so's I can cover Vethran. I don't relish the idea of overextending down the hallway though.......with half the guys a round away.


Effects:

scryers:
Sefayll casts shield on herself and floats out alongside the warrior. AR15, please. With a frown, "If I had prepared invisibility, maybe I could make it in there airborne."


Scryers:

Spoiler:
You cannot see most of those people in order to target them. I haven't described the room yet as you are too far away, but it is more complicated than it initially looks. You certainly cannot see K, S1-4, T10 or indeed Ca in order to avoid hitting him. You can target what you see, not what you can't. Please choose your point of attack accordingly, or you can choose to do something else if you prefer. Also, we need to pause at this point as I need to merge the initiative charts.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubs:
As Camlo slides out of the way of the attack, and hears the commotion, he shouts back at the mark..."Trouble Mark? Anything I can help with, your puppies are a bit boring after all."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Aubrey:
Can I see the point O-P/13-14? Fireball doesn't care what I can or cannot see, it's a 20' radius explosion centered on the point I designate. If I can see the intersection, I can drop the explosion there. The primary concern is to catch all the thugs on the near side of the room. I don't need line of sight to catch things in the blast radius as long as I can see the point of detonation.


Vethran:

Spoiler:
It's fine to kill as much as you want. But when you place a fireball at a specific point to target creatures your character doesn't even know are there, while carefully avoiding the PC you also don't know is there, I feel a bit twitchy. It's my fault for putting them on there in the first place. But it doesn't seem to me that with the information your character actually has he'd be likely to put the fireball there. You can, however, see the intersection you mention.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Aubrey:
I had assumed that I could see all the things you'd placed on the map, since I figured the thugs would need light to see by. Put the detonation center at Q-R/13-14 then. Vethran wants to be sure he annihilates that whole front row of thugs and doesn't particularly care about collateral damage. He knows Camlo, if he's in the area somewhere, can evade his spells and if he's already dead then it doesn't much matter how toasty the corpse is. However, if he's just mopping up a pack of thugs, he's not going to use the empowered fireball, so assume he used a regular one instead: 10d6 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1, 6, 2, 3, 1, 1, 5, 4, 3) + 4 = 32. Save DC is the same.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"We are just here to retrieve a friend, nothing personal. I don't know if you are part of this gang or in trouble with them. Either way, now would be a good time to lay low because whoever gets in our way is about to die."

Illes breaks into a run down the corridor and calls out, "Hold back. I'm about to step up the tempo."

Double move to AQ 26
Haste incoming as long as we aren't all too spread out to make it viable.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Veth, that's fine. In the meantime, I need to pause to merge the initiatives.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Scryers:

Spoiler:
sorry for any confusion, I was just trying to hustle up my move as I'm typically the guy everybody's waiting for in this gig.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Scryers:

Spoiler:
This is it at the moment as far as a merged init. Only our group and Camlo have rolled. Just searched back for die rolls and Init charts now.
Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Camlo 10
Hudak 4


I'm being a bit slow as I haven't had too many spare evenings. I'll get things rolling tonight.


Right, my old friend procrastination has been by...

Thugs 4 to 9: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Thugs 10 to 13: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Thugs 14 to 18: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
The Black Mark: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
Karlissa: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Marl: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Grugnar: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11

Initiative:
Karlissa: 25
Vethran: 20
Illes: 19
Thugs 4 to 9: 18
Alwyn: 17
Thugs 1 to 3: 16+
Thugs 14 to 18: 16-
The Black Mark 13+
Sefayll: 13-
Thugs 10 to 13: 11+
The hounds: 11
Grugnar 11-
Camlo: 10
Marl 5
Hudak: 4

10,501 to 10,550 of 12,319 << first < prev | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | 216 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.