Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


10,451 to 10,500 of 12,051 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>

Hudak (or anyone with a Perception check of 10 or more):

Spoiler:
It sounds, if anything, like the woman is being beaten up by a group of men. You can't hear Camlo's voice.


Effects: Mage Armor

Aubrey:

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 How many distinct voice can she make out?

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 Can she make out enough of the words to determine what the story is?

TeamScry:
The signifier listens, then shakes her head. One by one, each of the companions hear her voice in their head, "I do not hear Zenobia, but..."


Sefayll (and other Varisian-speakers):

Spoiler:
The woman's talking gutter-Varisian leavened with Szarni slang. The gist is her telling the guys what she'll do to their genitalia if she ever gets the chance.

Sefayll:

Spoiler:
One woman, more than one guy.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Illes, Vethran - can you hear what they are saying?"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2. Awesome.
Vethran looks to the cleric quizically. "What who is saying?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
that's definitely not Camlo. Well, we want to hit them anyway?She might be of assistance; I doubt she likes these guys either.


Effects: Mage Armor

Scryers:
Whispering, "We definitely hit them. Or give her a knife and let her carry out her threat. She's probably Szarni, and definitely not their friend. Perhaps we hold off on the stronger magicks, though. Your call." She glances at the cleric as she adds this.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Anybody else? I think we should move on these guys...."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Vethran nods, putting his glowing knife to the palm of his hand and opening a wound across it. He flexes the injured hand and then splays his fingers out before him abruptly. As the droplets of blood fly from his hand, a phantom hand seems to form from the blood itself into a hazy crimson copy of his own. (casting spectral hand, 1d4 ⇒ 4 points of damage to myself)

"I am ready," the mage grins, palm still dripping.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"You do such cool things, Veth....."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Vethran makes a thumbs-up gesture towards Hudak with the bloodied hand in response which the spectral copy duplicates in the air nearby. He winks at the fighter and gestures towards the door, the hand slowly drifting in that direction as he does so.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Hudak'll head for the door.


Effects: Mage Armor

Scryers:
The signifier Valerian nods and hefts her halberd.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
"Let's do it. Remember, no-one escapes or raises the alarm. That goes for their victim, too."

Someone (Vethran?) opens the door, and Hudak and I charge the closest foes. Illes and Sefayll secures the exits.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Vethran moves to the door (Assuming there is a door? I just saw "exit" in Aubrey's description.) and, once everyone is stacked up on the entrance, he throws the door open and prepares for battle. You'll probably be wanting this soon anyway: Initiative 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

dot bump


Scryers:

Spoiler:
There isn't a door. You also didn't make Stealth checks.

The party burst in on three men roughing up a woman. They already have weapons drawn and are making a break for one of the two exits.

The woman loooks familiar...

Initiative and Perception checks.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Camlo's suspicions about the shadows begin to prove themselves distressingly real. The forms of massive hounds begin to form from the darkness, matt-black and hard to discern as if their bodies are drinking the available light. There are four - one in each corner of the room - and they begin sniffing the air for their victim. One growls low, its lips drawing back to reveal and mouth stuffed with shark-like teeth, and they begin to slowly pad forward.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Initiative 16+1=17. Perception 9+13=22.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
initiative 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
perception1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
My init is 20 per my previous post. Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Effects: Mage Armor

Scrying:
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

|Scryers

Spoiler:
Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Spoiler:
Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 Just in case. Camlo crouches ready to jump over the first hound to get near him, and hopefully keep them all in front of him from there.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

hidebump


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Map

You are approaching from the south corridor. The stairs to the west and north-east go up, the other stairs to the north-west go down, and the corridor to the east is level. The Ts are the thugs, the W is the woman. Please place yourselves. You don't get surprise as you made no attempts at stealth.

Alwyn:

Spoiler:
You recognise the woman as the Varisian szcarni acrobat you had a run-in with just before you reached Magnimar.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Map

The fout small black blobs are stone pillars. The big black blob is the statue of Zon-Kuthon. The square to the north is the riased dias. The square in the middle is the pit you are in - 20' deep. The green blobs are the shadow mastiffs. Please place yourself on the map.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Hudak's in J13.


Effects: Mage Armor

Scryers:
I believe I was basically rearguard, so how about K15. She would defer to the party if they wanted her somewhere different - she doesn't want to get in their way doing what they do.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
Vethran will take K16 then.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Aubs:
N13 will do.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Put me in K13. Has anyone seen Ithers lately? Should we just put Illes in the back with Vethran to get on with it?

"Not so tough when not beating up lone women, eh?"


Tried to update last night but the website was playing up. Will try again tonight.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
The shadow mastiffs seem in no hurry. One slowly prowls forward, and makes an exploratory snap of its jaws in the halfling's direction.

S1 moves forward. Camlo can try his readied action to tumble round the shadow mastiff with an Acrobatics check.

Map updated.


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Thug initiatives: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

Initiative:
Vethran 20
Illes 19
Alwyn 17
Thugs 16
Sefayll 13
Hudak 4

Vethran.

Map reprised.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Aubs:
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (15) + 20 = 35 Hopefully that will do it, back to the wall like....


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Scryers:
The evoker intones an arcane phrase and gestures towards the disembodied hand hovering near him. As he completes his incantation, an arc of electricity passes from his hand to its spectral clone which then flies towards the nearest thug and reaches out.

Casting shocking grasp through the spectral hand and attacking T3. 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14 to hit flat-footed touch AC. 5d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 6, 3, 4, 4) + 4 = 22 electric damage if successful.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Illes brings one finger up to his lips and says, "Shhhhh" then winks at the thugs. He edges forward rapier in hand while concentrating on pouring power into a Varisian funeral song he sings to himself.

EDIT: I have never noticed that silence has a 1 round casting time before. This will instead kick in just before my next turn which is not nearly so effective as I had imagined. I'll know better next time.
Silence centered on J/K 7/8, 20' radius.
5' step to J14
Defensive Casting 1d20 + 9 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 9 + 6 = 30


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Scryers

Spoiler:
Alwyn is up.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Alwyn runs towards a thug, drawing his sword as he goes.

As the woman's helpless, I can occupy her square. So I'm charging T1, ending up in J8. Attack roll 11+10-2(PA)+2(charge)=AC 21, damage 2d6+5+6(PA)=19.

Thugs!


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Remember you have to charge in a straight line, and I don't think you can complete that manoeuvre in a straight line. I can put you in K8, attacking T3.

Vethran's conjured hand lunges at a victim, but he twists aside just in time with cat-like swiftness. But Alwyn's direct approach yields dividends as his sword scores a savage wound.

The thugs do what any self-respecting person would when faced by angry warriors and mages - they run, each in a different direction.

See the map. Alwyn gets an AoO against either T2 or T3.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Camlo vaults nimbly over the creature, landing in a crouch behind it. He now has his back to wall, so they cannot mob him from all sides. The Mark calls from above, "Bravo! I'm so glad you are making an entertainment of it!"

Map.

As you've not moved far you can still have an attack if you wish.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Fair enough. I keep chopping at T3. AoO attack roll 12+10-2(PA)=AC 20, damage 2d6+5+6(PA)=20.


Effects: Mage Armor

Scryers:
Looks like Sefayll is up. Can she see either of T1 or T2 from her current spot?


Scryers:

Spoiler:
Alwyn cuts down one of the fleeing villains. (T3 down.)

Sefayll can't see either T1 or T2 from where she is.

Map.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Aubs:
Possibly a wierd question, but is it acting hostile, or just like a pack of wolves (sniffing about, prowling)? Camlo will only strike first if he's sure that it will get just as angry if he strikes it or not ;)


Camlo:

Spoiler:
It vaguely waved a paw at you, but they seem to be more playing with you at the moment.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Aubs:
Camlo shouts back up "Drop me a rope, and I can caper for your pleasure up there Mark. The show could be a short one with your pets down here!", but continues to watch the thing.


Effects: Mage Armor

Scryers:
The signifier casts a spell on herself and takes off flying after the bandit that ran downstairs. I thought one set of stairs was up and one down, anyway.

Arcane Spell Failure, 01 - 15 fails: 1d100 ⇒ 45

If mithral breastplate encumbers as light armor, does it affect flight speed as light armor, also? Trying to determine if my fly speed is 40' from medium armor or 60' from mithral medium armor.

Fly check if necessary: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Scryers:

Spoiler:
Guess I'll give at least a symbolic pursuit. Double move to I 13. Or L 14. I can't tell which one Sefayll went after; I go after the other one.

10,451 to 10,500 of 12,051 << first < prev | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | 210 | 211 | 212 | 213 | 214 | 215 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.