Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


10,151 to 10,200 of 12,363 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>

Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Elisile is hit once. All the attacks on me and Illes miss.

The hail of arrows clatter off Alwyn's platemail. He keeps striding towards them, waving his sword menacingly. "Gotta do better than that if you want to live, scum. Know what a blood eagle is? You'll curse your own mothers for ever giving birth to your wretched hides before I'm done with you."


Correct me if I'm wrong, but your AC is 23 and I rolled a 23. Am I missing something? Also, if you or Elisile are hit you need to make saving throws.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Bah. I really thought my AC was 24. Oh well...

Elisile Fort save: 10+8=18; still no damage from the poison.
Alwyn Fort save 10+7=17; no poison dame there either.


Map updated.

Illes.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Alwyn Agnarrson wrote:

... no poison dame ...

Huh. Dame =/= damage, unless it's a noir novel. I really need to improve my spelling. Also, can Elisile fire those barbed, poisoned and magically silent arrows from her bow? Those flying blasters are just asking for a few of those...


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

If I recall, ammo is considered broken if it hits a target. 50% chance of being broken if you missed and recover it.

Reflex vs Fireball 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25 = 7 damage


What the man says.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes grits his teeth and works out one of the arrows.

8 damage + 1 bleed = 9

Fort vs poison 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 Whew.
Did I handle the poisoned arrows right during the surprise round? I was hit twice, made one save at +2 DC and applied 1 Con damage. Then I made one save now on the next round.

I'm pretty much boned here. I won't go into it, but there are NO good choices. Illes will be unconscious shortly.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Total defense; move to L14.
+4 a.c.

Hudak looks at Illes, and pats himself on the back with one hand.


You handled the poison correctly.

The devil moves in pursuit of Vethran, stabbing again with its stinger. The bridge shudders and groans ominously as the fire consumes the ropes.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32 to hit, damage 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1, 2) + 5 = 9 plus poison. As you are already affected by poison, if you are affected again you make a single save as part of your ongoing damage, but the DC is increased by 2 to 22.

Vethran.

Map updated.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Fort save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26. Success, even with the elevated DC.

Vethran presses himself against the inside of the stone wall, seeking shelter from the fireball-tossers. Still menaced by the devil, he guards his casting carefully.

5' step to G13. Casting defensively, DC 17. 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 easily succeeds.

The Varisian completes his incantation and is enveloped in a brief glow of benevolent light. "Piss off, fiend!"

Protection from evil up on me. That should hopefully prevent the devil from continuing to attack.


Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Fort save: 1d20+8. Success, even with the elevated DC.

OK - unfortunately you need to make two saves in a row to negate the poison, so you still need to make another save next round. Camlo.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak tries to do the hand gestures of an invisibility spell that he saw Veth cast one time. He just ends up inadvertantly..........throwing rude Cheliaxian hand signals.....something about mothers, copulation, and a pack of mangy alley dogs.......


Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Jeepers, that was quick!

As dangerous as it may be, Camlo is getting off the damned bridge before he goes for a swim. Double move to dry land. AF14

Keeping low, Camlo again runs forward, pulling up short as he reaches dry land.


Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Protection from evil up on me. That should hopefully prevent the devil from continuing to attack.

Just checking the spell description, you need to succeed against the devil's SR as well.

Map updated.

Elisile.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Just checking the spell description, you need to succeed against the devil's SR as well.

Ah, right you are! 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21 I do believe juuuuuust clears it! :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Juuuuust! Good choice of feat.

Elisile.


Elisile.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Elisile takes a 5' step to T14. Then she throws a full attack after Flying Blaster 1:
Attack 1: 11+9-2(deadly aim)=AC 18, damage 1d8+2+4(deadly aim)+1d6 electrical= 13+5 electricity
Attack 2: 20!+9-2(deadly aim)=AC 27, confirm roll 12+9-2=AC 19, damage 1d8+2+4(deadly aim)+1d6 electrical= 11x3=33+4 electricity
Attack 1: 10+4-2(deadly aim)=AC 12, damage 1d8+2+4(deadly aim)+1d6 electrical= 9+4 electricity.

And then... blasting time.


At which point did she draw her bow? Last round she spent her actions pulling out her arrows, so she can only draw her bow and have a single attack. She can hold the 20 in reserve for her next roll.

Elisile fires her bow at the flying hellknight. It narrowly misses, deflected by arcane defences.

Camlo:

Spoiler:
This is spoilered as the rest can't hear it. You can reply if you like, but they can't hear that either although they might be able to see you talking.

The female voice speaks again, sounding very close, and with a note of irritation. "Zenovia, your friends are going to die because of you. Surrender now, throw aside your weapons, and they and you will be spared. There's no way out of this otherwise - they will die, and we will capture you anyway. We actually want you alive."


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubrey:
Camlo thinks for a few moments, and then, as he drops rapier he says "I will drop these, I wish my friends no harm. Call off your assault, and remove the spells holding them. I cannot promise they will cooperate though."

Well, that should make things interesting.....Camlo would barely hesitate, perhaps that's why he made such a terrible thief?

Camlo drops his rapier, and the knife in his other hand, or rather, throws them both a few feet in front of him, and then sits down on the grass. Head hung, and looking quite dejected.


Camlo seems to speak to someone and drops his weapons. The hellknights in the air hold their fire, closely watching the party to see their next move. One drifts back to cover Vethran.

Alwyn. Decide what you are going to do - you may not be surprised to hear that there are actions readied depending on your next move.

Meanwhile, anyone still on the bridge takes 1d6 ⇒ 6 damage from the smoke and flames.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
"Smart. Get them to do the same - mime or something, they probably can't hear you."


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes, white as a sheet after ripping out the barbed arrow, collapses on the flaming bridge.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo visibly sighs. Stands up, turns around to face the bridge, and begins frantically miming, whilst at the same time realizing the danger they are in, he turns and shouts angrily at the attackers.

Aubury:

Whichever makes most sense for you.....
Bluff: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Perform: Mime 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

When camlo sees the snapped bridge, he turns back to the woman furiously. "Save them, or lose me. If they die, I jump after them. You have the power, if you can throw fire balls around like that."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13


Camlo:

Spoiler:
"I think it's all rather in their hands now, Zenovia."


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubrey:
Are any of them capable of using Camlo's wand of feather fall? It would take a couple of actions, but he should be close enough to drop it down.....


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Not really - Alwyn is the closest and he won't have a clue.


Illes Elandru wrote:
Illes, white as a sheet after ripping out the barbed arrow, collapses on the flaming bridge.

The boy stood on the burning bridge, his lips were all a-quiver.

He gave a cough, his leg fell off, and floated down the river.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Ah, f@*! it. Looks like we're giving up. Hudak, get Illes off the bridge. I'll patch everybody up there. The flying a+~&!+&s can fly Vethran across." Alwyn sheathes his greatsword and walks after Camlo.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I'll try to sheathe my bastard sword, hoist Illes, and run off of the bridge in the most expedient manner possible.


The archers maintain their stance. One of them is shouting:

Camlo and Vethran, or if you make a DC 20 Perception check to lip read:

Spoiler:
"Drop your weapons! Drop your weapons or we fire!"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

1d20 ⇒ 18


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Perception 11+13=24.

"We're not going to toss our swords into the ocean, genius. We'll put them down as we get onto the seastack." Turning back to Hudak and Elisile, Alwyn mimics walking to the next island and then, by opening his hands, dropping everything there.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak contemplates dropping Illes; realizes that doesn't make sense.


A DM'ly word of advice: this is the Order of the Nail you are dealing with here. Compliance isn't optional, they aren't here to negotiate, and they can kill the entire party from this position if they so choose, in case you haven't realised. I understand from a player perspective that throwing away hard-earned equipment is anathema. But from an RP perspective, what you are doing does not make sense: "Hey, Mr SWAT-team guy, is it OK if I just holster my gun rather than chuck it down? It really cost a lot." Please understand from a metagame perspective that you will not lose out if you comply.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Right on.
At this point, would it be safe to assume Hudak knows that this is what they expect? I'm in the awkward position of trying to comply with the fact that Hudak can't hear anything, and run him accordingly. For all Hudak knows, by dropping his weapons he could be in trouble for flushing evidence down the commode......


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

We are able to throw our weapons about 50'. So can we do that to toss them onto the next island? I don't mind too much losing my greatsword, but Nualia's Tongue has something of a history, and Elisile's bow is pretty darn awesome.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran sneers at the hovering devil nearby, protected by his arcane barrier. Hearing the call to surrender, the Varisian reluctantly agrees and lowers his hands. Still untrusting of the fiend, however, he does not release his ongoing spell effects.

Another save vs. poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14. Not today! 1d3 ⇒ 3 more STR lost. Now at 7 and looking feeble.


To Vatters and Heathy, well, that's true...

Camlo:

Spoiler:
"Your friends really are too stupid to live. I hope they are good swimmers."

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 to hit rope bridge
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 to hit rope bridge

Twin beans of fire flash out and cut the bridge at the end nearest Camlo.

Heathy, you are fine (up to a point) as you have the Cloak of the Arachnida on. I'm assuming you still have Illes in your grip. If you are still on the bridge, it's still on fire and you will need to make DC 5 Climb rolls to get about. Elisile and Alwyn, on the other hand, drop in the drink. You each take 7d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 5, 6, 2, 2, 1) = 23 damage and another 1d6 ⇒ 5 non-lethal. You can try a DC 15 Acrobatics check - Elisile succeeds automatically with her natural 20 - to reduce falling damage by 1d6 ⇒ 3. Then anyone in the water needs to make Swim checks or start drowning.

The flyer near Vethran bombards him with another fireball spell, to be on the safe side. 5d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 1, 4, 1) = 14, DC 15 Reflex for half damage.


Camlo, Will save DC 18. If you fail:

Spoiler:
You are paralysed.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubrey:
On his turn, Camlo takes one look at what they just did to his friends, pulls a wand from his belt and steps off the cliff.

MA: Pull Wand.
SA: Use wand.... UMD: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30
5ft Step.

I'll post the action that the others can see on my actual go ;) Unless you aren't worrying too much about init at this point.


Camlo:

Spoiler:
It isn't his go, however, it's theirs, and you need to make a saving throw. Possibly we're cross posting.

Just to let everyone know - at this point I'm DMNPCing Elisile.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Elisile can do a sudden shift to grow wings temporarily. Alternatively assuming she didn't have time, she can use it to give herself a swim speed. I assume she grows webbed fingers or a mertail or something :P

EDIT: It is an immediate action, so she could fly, but it only lasts one turn. I'm sure she's used it at least once already this day


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Aubrey:
Yeah, looks like a cross post. Like I said, just prepping ready :).

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Which put's paid to that action..... Damnit so near.....


Camlo:

Spoiler:
Don't blame me - those hellknights are right b@st@rds.


Initiatives:
Osyluth 23
Vethran 21
Camlo 17
Elisile 15
Flying blasters 14
Alwyn 13
Archers 11
Hudak 10
Illes 4

Elisile and Alwyn plunge into the water. Elisile executes an elegant dive but Alwyn...

It's Alwyn's go - time for those Swim checks, DC 15. Don't forget your armour penalty, heh heh heh...

Skill description:

Spoiler:
Make a Swim check once per round while you are in the water. Success means you may swim at up to half your speed (as a full-round action) or at a quarter of your speed (as a move action). If you fail by 4 or less, you make no progress. If you fail by 5 or more, you go underwater.

If you are underwater, either because you failed a Swim check or because you are swimming underwater intentionally, you must hold your breath. You can hold your breath for a number of rounds equal to twice your Constitution score, but only if you do nothing other than take move actions or free actions. If you take a standard action or a full-round action (such as making an attack), the remainder of the duration for which you can hold your breath is reduced by 1 round. (Effectively, a character in combat can hold his breath only half as long as normal.) After that period of time, you must make a DC 10 Constitution check every round to continue holding your breath. Each round, the DC for that check increases by 1. If you fail the Constitution check, you begin to drown. The DC for the Swim check depends on the water, as given on the table below.

Action: A successful Swim check allows you to swim a quarter of your speed as a move action or half your speed as a full-round action.

Special: A creature with a swim speed can move through water at its indicated speed without making Swim checks. It gains a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform a special action or avoid a hazard. The creature can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered when swimming. Such a creature can use the run action while swimming, provided that it swims in a straight line.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

LOL


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Bastards. 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15. Just enough! I'm still up, and I have horrible, horrible things planned for these a*&$#&%s.

10,151 to 10,200 of 12,363 << first < prev | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | 209 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.