Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


10,101 to 10,150 of 12,047 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>

Anything with a duration of rounds or minutes is gone. Tens of minutes or more is still going. Could you let me know who has what still on, in case things cut up rough?

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

You mean "can you tell me what's still active, because things are about to cut up rough" right? ;)


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran remains speechless for a few moments after Hudak brutalizes the dragon.

"I... uh... well struck, Hudak! Well done indeed! Wow...." the mage shakes his head and purses his lips, glancing at all the magical buffs he'd dispensed with unnecessarily. "Well then. Ah... yes, the goblins then. Let's go... deal with them. Yes."


Nevynxxx wrote:
You mean "can you tell me what's still active, because things are about to cut up rough" right? ;)

Possibly...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Spells still running:

Vethran Protection from energy acid (108 damage), false life (+6 temp hp)
Hudak Stoneskin (DR 10, 90 damage), protection from energy (acid, 98 damage)
Elisile False Life (10 temp hps)
Alwyn Protection from energy acid (108 damage), Heroism

Less than I thought it would be.


The party head back through the narrow tunnel and emerge on the beach below the goblin rookery on the cliffs. The goblins peer down, goggling as Hudak drags the dragon's severed head into view. As they begin to climb, they are greeted by the new chief who seems unaccountably nervous.

"Hey, er, um, wow, guys. Like, I'm glad I'm on your side, right? So, did he put up much of a struggle?"


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"He did his best", Alwyn replies with a smirk. "Didn't do him much good."

"So, what's been happening here? The mood seems a bit... different, somehow."

Sense motive 13+17=30, Perception 11+13=24. Are there any suspicious newcomers around? Y'know, clean goblins?


Alwyn:

Spoiler:
Why, feeling paranoid all of a sudden? You get the impression he's a bit scared of you, toting a dragon head about, rather than anything else.

"No, no, their all just getting used to their new chief. So, you guys going to hang, maybe grab a bite to eat?" asks Chief Grak, vaguely waving a burnt haunch of venison about.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"What do you guys think? Kinda want to jam myself. Not very hungry after fighting."


Elisile murmurs, "The Charm I cast upon him will not last forever..."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Their pet witch has probably dispelled it already", Alwyn mutters back. He turns back to the bugbear.

"We probably should get going. Dragon heads tend to get really rancid if left out for too long."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"They start to stink, too."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

"Agreed. We have other things to take care of, and this region should be safer for now. I do worry about the tale of 'dragon slayers' getting back to the Hellknights, however, and leading them right back to us," the mage scratches his chin. "Perhaps, if the Shoanti are not too opposed to the idea, we should leave the dragon's remains behind and not speak too loudly of our accomplishment. Maybe our... "new friend" here could make use of a severed dragon head in redecorating his tribal hall?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Hudak shrugs.

"Meh. It's kinda heavy any way."


Hudak ditches the head and the party climb out past the watching goblins. Their eyes shine reflectively like cats' in the firelight, but they make no move, just chattering and nudging each other as they adventurers climb the rickety ladders to the top ledge. They file along the passage and out on to the top of the seastack. The line of stacks points the way back to the shore, and the group head for the nearest rope bridge.

Marching order as you cross the bridge. Also, Perception checks.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Camlo will stay in the middle, near the front.

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (10) + 14 = 24 28 vs Traps


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn and Elisile are up front with Camlo, Hudak and Vethran guard the rear. We'll obsessively check the rope bridges for traps or weaknesses.

Perception Alwyn 12+13=25.
Perception Elisile 13+15=28; she also has low-light vision.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3. Vethran walks off the side of the bridge.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

perception 1d20 ⇒ 6


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082
Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Perception: 1d20+1. Vethran walks off the side of the bridge.

"Hey. Wasn't there another dude with us?...."


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Illes strolls out of the den and onto the bridge. "Well that went smoothly. "

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25



Map

Six bowmen suddenly appear on the next seastack, repeating crossbows in their hands. They wear the armour of the hellknights. Bolts fly soundlessly towards the party.

Attack 1 on Elisile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 4
Attack 2 on Elisile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 7
Attack 1 on Vethran: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 5
Attack 2 on Vethran: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 4
Attack 1 on Illes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 10
Attack 2 on Illes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26 v flat-footed AC, damage 1d10 ⇒ 8

1. Each of these arrows has Silence cast on it. 2. They are also poisoned with blue whinnis: Fort save DC 14 (DC 16 if you are hit by both attacks), damage 1 CON on a failed save. The following round, if you failed the first save you must save again or fall unconscious. 3. They are barbed arrows - you can yank one out as a standard action but you'll take the same damage again plus 1 point of bleed damage each round. Or you can make a Heal check DC 20 as a full-round action.

From off to one side, a green ray fires at Vethran. A hideous creature like an emaciated ogre, skeletal and with a long scorpion tail, hovers in the air above the water. It grins maliciously.

Ray attack on Vethran: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 v touch AC. On a hit, you are affected by Dimensional Anchor.

Knowledge (The Planes) DC 16:

Spoiler:
This is a bone devil.

At the same time, three more hellknights appear with wands in their hands, hovering in the air on the other side. Tiny glowing beads streak in towards the bridge and explode - silently - into flame. The bridge is now ablaze.

Per the map, I've put in the zones of Silence. For the Fireballs:
Hudak, Illes, Vethran and Camlo are affected by Fireball 1
Illes, Vethran, Camlo and Elisile by Fireball 2
Camlo, Elisile and Alwyn by Fireball 3
Fireball 1: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 6, 5, 1) = 20
Fireball 2: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 2, 6, 3) = 19
Fireball 3: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 4, 2, 6) = 17
DC 15 Reflex save for each for half-damage.

Roll initiatives.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


You posted before I finished - you've got some Reflex saves to make as well.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

How come you use post/edit rather than preview? It would stop things like this happening, and make my RSS feed a little cleaner ;)

Reflex1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31
Reflex2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23
Reflex3: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Oh, and Evasion, so Camlo takes a total of no damage from that :)

Camlo sees the incoming fireballs, and manages to roll to a spot where the flames don't touch him....


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Elisile is hit twice. Fort 1: 12+8=20. Fort 2: 9+8=17; she takes no damage from the poison. Reflex 1: 9+10=19. Reflex 2: 10+10=20; she takes a total of 17 points of damage from the fireballs.

Reflex save for Alwyn 12+4=16, so he takes 8 points of fire damage.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Initiative Alwyn 12+1=13.
Initiative Elisile 11+4=15.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Kn Planes Take 10 for 20
Fort 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 vs DC 16
Reflex 1 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Reflex 2 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
37 damage total, 1 Con damage, and potentially passing out next round from poison.
I can unsilence all of the casters on my action but it requires my action every round to maintain. So if Illes passes out or the bridge breaks and we all fall it won't work for more than one round.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

So, one of those bolts does, in fact, hit my flat-footed AC. However, I currently have protection from arrows up and the damage does not breach the DR 10/magic. Since I take no damage from it, I'm not subject to the poison either.

Save vs. FB #1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Save vs. FB #2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

So I take 10 + 19 = 29 fire damage and have been dimensional anchored. Ow.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Illes Elandru wrote:
I can unsilence all of the casters on my action but it requires my action every round to maintain. So if Illes passes out or the bridge breaks and we all fall it won't work for more than one round.

If you do that, I can put up a wall of force to mitigate either the incoming fireballs or the archers. Since the wand-wielders are flying, however, I suspect it would only take them a round to move into position to shoot around the wall. The archers would probably be thwarted considerably longer. There's pretty much nothing I can do about the devil, though. That's Alwyn's problem.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Reflex
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Initiative
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


I should point out that the bridge is also on fire.

I should also point out that I'm away this weekend, back on Sunday evening.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Looks like we should be able to sprint over the bridge and make it to the AF-AZ stack before it collapses. That'll stop the fliers from firebombing us too, unless they really hate their crossbow.wielding colleagues.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

I was thinking of running the *other* way, and leaving the crossbow men out in the cold.....


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Meh. That'll leave us stranded and at the mercy of foes we can't reach. Not a good situation.


Osyluth initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Flying blaster initiatives: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Archer initiatives: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Initiatives:
Osyluth 23
Vethran 21
Camlo 17
Elisile 15
Flying blasters 14
Alwyn 13
Archers 11
Hudak 10
Illes 4

The flying devil swoop in and arches its stinger over its back, stabbing at Vethran.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18 to hit, damage 3d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 1, 1) + 5 = 11 plus poison: Fort save DC 20, 1/round for six rounds, damage 1d3 STR, a cure requires 2 consecutive saves

Map updated.

Veth.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Now missing 40 of 59 HP. Another round of fireballs and it's game over.

Fort vs. poison: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10. 1d3 ⇒ 2 STR lost.

Kn (Planes) to know stuff about osyluths: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32. Yeah, I pretty much know the whole statblock with that. :D

Forgot about the silence. Editing...

Vethran withdraws to F14. Once free of the aura of silence, he shouts out to the others "Stop the devil before he turns invisible!"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Can I run my mouth at any time, or I gotta wait for my turn?


You can say what you like - no one will hear you.

Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Not still hasted? Fun!

Camlo decides that the archers are probably a better fate than the waters below, and runs across the flaming bridge towards safety, ducking through his friends legs as he goes.

Double move to X14

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Expert 5

With a grimace, Elisile yanks out the arrows sticking out of her midsection.

Yuck. That's a full-round action; at least she was unaffected by the poison. She takes 11 more damage. Can she take a 5' step to S14 after that?

Flying blasters!


She can take a step.


OK, everyone still on the bridge (which is everyone except Vethran) takes 1d6 ⇒ 3 fire damage from the fire currently raging.

Second, S1 fires a fireball at Hudak, catching him, Vethran and Illes, S2 and S3 fire at Alwyn, catching him, Elisile and Camlo.
S1: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 3, 5) = 14
S2: 5d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 1, 3, 2) = 13
S3: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2, 2, 6) = 17
As above, DC 15 Reflex for half damage.

Third, a stone wall suddenly appears between Hudak and Vethran. It's 10' high and made of finished stone, merging seamlessly into the rock of the seastack.

Fourth... Everyone except Hudak and Illes:

Spoiler:
A female voice, magically amplified and with no obvious source calls out, "We can keep going all day at this if you like, but I doubt you can. Throw your weapons into the sea and we will accept your surrender in the name of the Order of the Nail.

Map updated.

Alwyn.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Ref1: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19
Ref2: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Aubs:
I take it that means we are no longer effected by Silence? Camlo speak,s hopelly loud enough for his companions to hear, but not the enemies, "Ah, I eerrrmm, would rather, ah, not get taken away by Hell Knights... I ahh, don't know about you chaps?"


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Much more prepared for them this time, the mage deftly avoids the worst of the blaze.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Reflex 1d20 ⇒ 17 7+3=10 more damage.....


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Reflex saves Elisile: 9+10=19, 8+10=18.
Refex saves Alwyn 11+4=15, 12+4=16.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Surrendering to diabolists? What a fantastic idea! At best, we'll end up chained to the oars in some Chelish navy ship." Alwyn makes a rude gesture towards the crossbowmen. Seconds later, the stack erupts in blinding light.

Move to Y14 before casting Holy smite at J18. It hits A3-A6, plus possibly the invisible speaker. Damage 5d8=24 plus blindness; Will 19 for half damage and avoiding the blinding.


Chance that the archers are evil is 67%
A3 1d100 ⇒ 67
A4 1d100 ⇒ 78
A5 1d100 ⇒ 91
A6 1d100 ⇒ 62

Archer saves
A3 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
A4 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
A5 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
A6 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

One of the archers cries out and clutches at his face, but the other grimly hold on. Alywn now becomes a target.

A1 fires at Illes, A2 fires at Elisile, A4, 5 and 6 at Alwyn. These arrows are Silenced and poisoned like the others. Just to reiterate:

1. Each of these arrows has Silence cast on it. 2. They are also poisoned with blue whinnis: Fort save DC 14 (or if you are already affected by poison, each extra hit increases the DC by 2), damage 1 CON on a failed save. The following round, if you failed the first save you must save again or fall unconscious. 3. They are barbed arrows - you can yank one out as a standard action but you'll take the same damage again plus 1 point of bleed damage each round. Or you can make a Heal check DC 20 as a full-round action.

A1, attack 1 on Illes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, damage 1d10 ⇒ 6
A1, attack 2 on Illes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15, damage 1d10 ⇒ 7
A2, attack 1 on Elisile: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13, damage 1d10 ⇒ 1
A2, attack 2 on Elisile: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23, damage 1d10 ⇒ 10
A4, attack 1 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21, damage 1d10 ⇒ 5
A4, attack 2 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, damage 1d10 ⇒ 2
A5, attack 1 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23, damage 1d10 ⇒ 1
A5, attack 2 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19, damage 1d10 ⇒ 9
A6, attack 1 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15, damage 1d10 ⇒ 6
A6, attack 2 on Alwyn: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14, damage 1d10 ⇒ 2

Initiatives:
Osyluth 23
Vethran 21
Camlo 17
Elisile 15
Flying blasters 14
Alwyn 13
Archers 11
Hudak 10
Illes 4

Hudak, then Illes. (Note, Alwyn is at Y14 but I can't update the mapm until tonight.)

10,101 to 10,150 of 12,047 << first < prev | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | 208 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.