Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


10,051 to 10,100 of 12,360 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>

male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I'm down for Illes' plan.

Let's go.

Grand Lodge

One revision-
Take Vethran's fly spell and put it on Camlo. Otherwise he's going to have a hard time contributing in any meaningful way since he isn't really a ranged guy. It would suck to be sidelined through the fight and vethran has much better ranges options Veth takes his wand back.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Illes Elandru wrote:
Because it seems no one is able to finalize this, I've done it here by compiling things people have already said with things that seem like a good idea to me.

Whoa! Thanks for all that. Let's roll!


Cool - we're ready to rumble. By the way, there's a necklace if fireballs (or two) knocking about from the recent treasure haul too, though possibly it hasn't been allocated yet.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Ithers suggested Camlo take that earlier, I'm not sure if I confirmed, but I will now, Camlo will definitely snag that.


Map.

Hopefully, based on the description above, that should be fairly obvious. So, we are running with Illes' sparkly spell list, Dimension Door-ing in and smacking the poor dragon? OK, where are you landing?


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Might as well land right on his treasure hoard island.
Vethran @ N11
Elisile @ L12
Illes @ N10
Everyone else needs to appear in a square adjacent to the one who d'doored them.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Wo-hooo! I'll run Hudak for this encounter, as Heathy's off on vacation.
Hudak's in NO 12-13.
Alwyn's in LM 13-14.


Preparations made, the two spells of Vethran and Elisile rip two holes in the fabric of the universe, and thrust the adventurers through. This is Camlo's cue to speed down the tunnel, buoyed up by another of Vethran's spells. The party arrive in the cave - but there is no initial sign of the dragon.

Map updated.

The immortal words - roll initiative. Also, roll Perception checks. Also, bear in mind you can take no actions this round after DD'ing in, per the spell description. Camlo is not so hampered. Nor is the dragon.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9, Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Elisile 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11, Perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
Vethran 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22, Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo pulls up short, just inside the cave mouth, remembering the Dragon's penchant for hiding under the water, he has a good look around for a snot poking up...

Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn: Initiative 10+1=11, Perception 14+13=27.
Hudak: Initiative 12+2=14, Perception 9+0=9.

Grand Lodge

I have a sudden fear that it is going to leap out of the water snatch someone up and dive back into the water on the other side of the island and begin munching/drowning them.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

1) That's a pretty good fear that would fit the MO of a water based dragon.

2) Well, if it wasn't beofre, it damned well is now!

Thanks Ithers :D


In the words of John McClane, "Thanks for the advice!"


Dragon's initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23. Dragon's Stealth check 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Initiative:
Dragon 23
Vethran 22 (protection from energy acid (108 damage), false life (+6 temp hp), protection from evil (+1 saves), fox's cunning (+2 to save DCs), shield (+4 AC), Blessing of Fervor, extended haste, Inspire Courage (Illes +4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear)
Hudak 14 Stoneskin (DR 10, 90 damage), protection from energy (acid, 120 damage), fly, protection from evil (+1 saves), bull's strength, Blessing of Fervor, extended haste, Sonic Weapon (+1d6 sonic damage), Inspire Courage (+4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear), Enlarged (10 rounds only)
Elisile 11+ (Cat's Grace (net +2 bonus), Shield (+4 AC), protection vs evil (+1 to saves), mirror image (4 images), False Life (10 temp hps), Blessing of Fervor, extended haste, Inspire Courage (+4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear)
Alwyn 11- (protection from energy acid (108 damage), Fly, Extended Divine Power, Blessing of Fervor, Righteous Might, extended haste, Sonic Weapon (+1d6 sonic damage), Heroism (+2 morale on all saves, attacks, and skill checks. The attack bonus will stack with inspire courage because one is morale, the other competence. Save bonuses do NOT stack with Inspire Courage), Inspire Courage (+4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear)
Illes 9 mirror image (6 images}, sonic weapon (+1d6 sonic), eagle's splendor (+2 spell DCs), extended haste, Inspire Courage (Illes +4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear), Blessing of Fervor)
Camlo 6 extended haste, Inspire Courage (Illes +4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear), blessing of fervor, wand of magic missile (CL 3, 33 charges), fly

OK, you all failed the Perception check. So, I'm going to run it this way: Round 1, the dragon get's a single action, as per a normal surprise round; no one else can act. Round 2, we are back to normal, but since the dragon also heads the top of the initiative, he'll then get a full round action at the top of the action he got the previous round. Nasty when a dragon gets the drop on you.

The black, horned reptilian head lifts sinuously from the water and blasts a gout of acid.

OK, I reckon that I can draw a line connection Veth, Elisile and Hudak, so they are hit: 12d6 ⇒ (2, 2, 3, 4, 6, 1, 3, 6, 6, 4, 2, 5) = 44 acid damage, DC 22 reflex for half damage. Also, you must all make DC 19 Will saves vs his Frightrful Presence or be shaken (-2 to attacks, skill checks, ability checks and saves) - this is a mind-affecting fear effect.

Suddenly, the dim light in the cave plunges into darkness. From his vantage at the tunnel entrance, Camlo can see the island vanish into an impenetrable black shadow.

OK, in the area of darkness you cannot see unless you have darkvision.

Dragon stealth check 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (8) + 17 = 25 - that result is the Perception DC you need to beat to detect the dragon while blind, and unless it is very close it will only give you the direction.

Map updated.

Vethran.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Everyone remember +4 vs fear from inspire courage and any other effects that might increase your save like protection from evil.

Illes Will 1d20 + 5 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 4 = 22
Vethran Will 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 30
Elisile Will 1d20 + 8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 8 + 4 + 1 = 30


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Also haste gives a +1 dodge reflex save, or you can take +2 if you want to use blessing of fervor for that this round.

Vethran Reflex 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 17
Elisile Reflex 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 22


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Reflex save:
1d20 ⇒ 15

76 hp left on my protection from energy.


Still Vethran's go. Though a fair few of us are away this weekend and I'm off for most of next week after today, so we can park this until we get back if you prefer.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Hudak's reflex should be the 15 he rolled, the +5 mod he has on reflex saves, +2 protection from evil (no conflicting resistance bonus), and +1 haste assuming he is using lesson of fervor for something else since they don't stack. Then a -1 size penalty for being large.
So 15+5+2+1-1=22.
22 damage removed from protection from energy leaves 98 of 120.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042
Hudak wrote:

Reflex save:

1d20

76 hp left on my protection from energy.

98 left on my energy......


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (4) + 14 = 18


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Damn. Our plan had two serious flaws and both of them are going to be an issue. Between us we have no way of dealing with darkness or underwater combat.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I guess Veth could dispel magic?
Waiting to roll, in case somebody has a brillianter idea?....


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Cursing the darkness, Vethran immediately enacts a spell to dispel the effects.

Casting dispel magic. Caster check vs. darkness: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22.

Sorry about the lax posting, I've been settling in at work and they've changed my shifts on me (plus no time/access from work computer). I should be coming around more often now.


No worries, relieved you are OK and getting back in the saddle.

Vethran flicks away the darkness with a flick of his wrist. The dragon looms close to Hudak.

Whose go, coincidentally, it is.


Map updated.

You can all see now.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

welcome back!!!

called in to work; I'll be around in 5 hours...with the Hudak attack.....


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hotdamn! Don't even have to lunge!!!!

Stoneskin (DR 10, 90 damage), protection from energy (acid, 120 damage), fly, protection from evil (+1 saves), bull's strength, Blessing of Fervor, extended haste, Sonic Weapon (+1d6 sonic damage), Inspire Courage (+4 att/dam, +4 charm/fear), Enlarged (10 rounds only)

bulls str: +2 h +2 dmg
bless of fervor:

Spoiler:
•Increase its speed by 30 feet.
•Stand up as a swift action without provoking an attack of opportunity.
•Make one extra attack as part of a full attack action, using its highest base attack bonus.
•Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.
•Cast a single spell of 2nd level or lower as if it were an enlarged, extended, silent, or still spell.

haste: a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves
insp courage +4h +4 dmg
enlarge: bastard sword damage 2d8; +2 size bonus to Strength, a -2 size penalty to Dexterity (to a minimum of 1), and a -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC due to its increased size. +1 dmg; -2 ac.

Attacking two handed with bastard sword; power attack;

attack haste 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (8) + 26 = 34 damage2d8 + 35 ⇒ (6, 3) + 35 = 44

attack 1 1d20 + 26 ⇒ (1) + 26 = 27 damage 2d8 + 35 ⇒ (8, 3) + 35 = 46

attack 2 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36 damage 2d8 + 35 ⇒ (4, 4) + 35 = 43


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I must hit a little there.


There's a roar that's the draconic equivalent of "F!!% that hurt!" as the ogre-sized Hudak lands two heavy blows on the dragon.

Elisile.

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Expert 5

As Mothers is away...

Elisile steps away from the scrum before casting a spell. At first, nothing happens. Then, soft music sounds and several motes of light begin to solidify in the gloom of the cave...

5' step to K11 before casting Summon monster IV. She's summoning 1d3=3 lantern archons; they appear next round.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn steps up to the dragon, sword arcing through the air. "Taste the steel of Gorum, worm!"

5' step to MN 14-15. I can fly, so I'm standing on the surface of the water. The effect of the Blessing of fervour is +2 ATK and REFLEX.
Attack 1: 13+10(normal attack bonus)+13(misc bonuses)-2(Power Attack)=AC 34, damage 3d6+1(enchantment)+8(enhanced STR)+6(Power Attack)+9(misc bonuses)+1d6 sonic=36+5 sonic.
Attack 2: 8+5(normal attack bonus)+13(misc bonuses)-2(Power Attack)=AC 24, damage 3d6+1(enchantment)+8(enhanced STR)+6(Power Attack)+9(misc bonuses)+1d6 sonic=30+2 sonic.
Attack 3 (from haste): 14+10(normal attack bonus)+13(misc bonuses)-2(Power Attack)=AC 35, damage 3d6+1(enchantment)+8(enhanced STR)+6(Power Attack)+9(misc bonuses)+1d6 sonic=35+4 sonic.

My new AC is 26; I also have DR 5/evil.

Illes.


The dragon flops into the water, vanquished.

Yep, that was it, guys. 2,166xp each.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes watches the dragon splash down in disbelief until a wide grin spreads across his face. As a mock aside he whispers to Vethran, "I'm glad these guys are on our side. Remind me never to piss off baldy or the beard."

Then in a louder voice while looking around at the dragon's hoarde, "Boys... We are rich. Now to get it out of here without having to kill the whole damn goblin tribe over it. I'm going to have to burn this set of clothes as it is. The stench never really comes out. "


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

"Which way to the gold?" Hudak says, nonchalantly, trying to act like he's done this before.

Then, he flops down in the mud; he's amped hardcore. He sits there, laughing in disbelief. Then starts a coughing fit.


OK, I'll get you the loot list in a moment.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Ha! The... Ah... Um, and stay down. Yeah!" Alwyn swallows his battle cry and abruptly sits down, grinning uncontrollably. "Very nice. Illes makes a good point - how do we deal with the goblins on our way out? Cut our way through them, or try to intimidate them with the dragon's head?"


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

I, ahh, if I may be so bold. I expect the goblins will probably be glad to see the back of the Dragon. The Hobgoblin certainly will be, he will now have undisputed rule over the tribe. Also, we have proved our worth to him, our friendship should be some incentive for him to want to be nice to us. I would suggest considering the hobgoblin as a member of our group for this horde, and splitting it equally. He gets a small share of the treasure, and will keep the goblins in line. We get a little less than we otherwise would, but less trouble on the way out. I think we've proven that we can defeat the goblins if absolutely necessary?


Knowledge (Arcana) check, DC 19:

Spoiler:
Someone - Elisile I think, possibly Illes - hit the hobgoblin with a Charm Monster. He's going to love you like his best buddies for hours yet, considering killing the dragon took a couple of seconds.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Know (Arcana) 6+5=11.

"A bold proposal indeed. Personally, I'd rather eat broken glass, washed down with hagfish water, than give a goblin a single piece of copper, much less a share of a dragon hoard. Anyway, if we're quick about it, Hudak and I can fly us all out of here."

Shadow Lodge

Male Human Expert 5

For Mothers:

Know (Arcana) 11+16=27.

"No need to drink more of that hagfish water, Alwyn." Elisile's face wrinkles in disgust. "The goblin chief is still under the effect of our charm spell. We should have no problems whatsoever in convincing the goblins to let us out without any further fighting."


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo looks at the others incredulously, trying to put together the thought that the ex-theif has more moral fibre than these upstanding citizens he thought he'd fallen in with. "Oh, well, I won't force anyone to give up any of the treasure." he says, looking a little dejected.


The dragon-slayers pick over their fallen foe's hoard.

You find the following:

A wand (Spellcraft DC 22):

Spoiler:
A wand of Flame Strike with 14 charges remaining

A dusty-looking black cloak (DC 21):

Spoiler:
A Cloak of the Arachnida

A potion (DC 16):

Spoiler:
A potion of Reduce Person

A scroll (DC 23):

Spoiler:
A scroll of Invisibility

A dart (DC 23):

Spoiler:
A dart of Evil Outsider Bane +1

A mummified hand of a leather cord (DC 20):

Spoiler:
A Hand of Glory

8,500gp in various denominations, a bit acid-pitted but otherwise fine.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"OK. Now, what have we here..." Alwyn shrinks down to his regular height and bulk as he pokes through the dragon's belongings. "I'll take the head; it'll make for a grand gift once we get to the Shoanti lands. Now, this reminds me of something I've seen before..."

Spellcraft checks:
12+13=25
10+13=23
4+13=17
9+13=22
9+13=22
12+13=25

"Can't read the scroll, dunno what's in the bottle. No idea what the dart does, if anything. The cloak and the hand are nifty items, though, and the wand is quite powerful. A good haul, I'd say."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

spellcraft for Elisile;

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (12) + 19 = 31 scroll
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (1) + 19 = 20 potion
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30 dart

"That's okay, Alwyn; I got the others sussed," says Elisile.

"wow. That was fairly bloodless for us. In fact, completely....."


OK - now what?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Let's head back.

Chop the head off; it'll look good back at the fort, and let everybody know what badasses we are.

We need a taxidermist.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Yeah. If the goblins make any trouble, it'll be their funeral." Alwyn chucks the dragon's head to Hudak. "You carry this - I need both hands for this sword."

Some of our spells are still active - Protection from evil, Heroism, Bull's STR, that sort of thing. We'll tell the bugbear that the dragon didn't like our tribute offer and we had to kill it in self-defence. If he asks, of course.

10,051 to 10,100 of 12,360 << first < prev | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | 206 | 207 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.