Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


9,951 to 10,000 of 12,057 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>

HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Hah! I didn't intend to take you up on it literally, but it seemed like the best thing to do once I was looking at options.
Reflex 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 1 = 28


Illes and the chief spiral down to the bottom of the cliff, landing gently in shallow water. The bugbear bellows, "How'm I supposed to kill him all the way down there?"


Updated initiatives and conditions:
Fighters 28
Chief 26
Elisile 22
Camlo 21
Bugbear 20
Vethran 17
Rangers 15 (R1 stuck in Web)
Alwyn 12
Bard 11
Illes 9+
Hudak 9-
Ordinary goblins 0

Hudak.

Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Cruise down there with Alwyn; put me in S41 I reckon.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Fatespinner wrote:
Ahh, good to see Vethran's top-tier spells being put to good use in my absence! I am back online now.

Yeah, hope you didn’t mind me using your suffocate spell on the chief, but he seemed like a good target for it.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

I got no worries; I can always hack him up later.


Chief's Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

At the bottom of the cliff, the chief gives a gurgle and expires. The goblins peer down at what is going on.

The enemy are on delay until someone does something. If you think of something (you think is) inspired, just go for it out of initiative order.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Midair Illes has a momentary realization that perhaps this wasn't such a good idea after all when he misses his grip on the chief. In a lucky stroke he managed to grab one scabby foot and ride the goblin down like an over sized balloon. Touching down in the shallow water the bard looks around with a s+&& eating grin on his face thinking to himself Holy hell, I can't believe that worked... more or less.

Sensing the pause in hostilities the bard seizes the moment shouting in Goblin,

"Listen up you little runts!!! We only wanted passage through your sorry s@@* house to have a little chat with your dragon friend. Your chief chose the hard way." Illes grabs the dead chief by the leg holding him upside down over the water. "That didn't work out too well for him. So now- Are we going to continue this little dance or are you ready to cut your losses and say hail to the new chief" he points to the bugbear up above, "while we move on along our merry way?"


Intimidate check.


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Intimidate 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
Everyone look menacing and grant me aid another's
Intimidate is untrained.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Aid another:
1d20 ⇒ 17

"AWW, HELL!!!!! LET'S JUST KILL ALL OF THESE LITTLE SCRAWNY BASTICHES!!!! GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

“If you do what he says you don’t all have to die,” Elisile calls out in goblin. Intimidate Aid Another: 1d20 ⇒ 9


1 person marked this as a favorite.

1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28 Intimidate check.

The bugbear roars, "He is dead! I am your new chief!" That seems to do the trick, and the hail of unpleasant missiles stops. The goblin bard stops singing. The bugbear howls in triumph, a slightly odd sight as he still dangles in the middle of the cavern on a rope.

End of combat.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Not quite trusting the goblins, Camlo jumps out to a rope, and carefully makes his way down to the ground level, so that Illes is not alone.

Acrobatics, take 10 => 33....


2,666xp each.

The goblins on the ledges see which way the wind is blowing, and quickly push the old chief's bodyguards, kicking and shouting, to the edge and hurl them off. The bugbear quickly makes his way to the chieftain's ledge and immediately begons holding court and starts appointing his cronies to positions of power. The archers and the dirge singer immediately pledge fealty.

As the adventurers approach the neew chief's den the singer, displaying admirable political flexibility, calls portentiously, "Who approaches His Mightiness, Chief Grak?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Mighty Hudak. The power behind the throne."


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran cracks his knuckles with a self-affirming nod at the corpse of the chief. He then moves to follow the others to the chief's den.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"My champions!" booms the bugbear, one hand outstretched in greeting while the other fondles a goblin female, "Come close! Let me know how I can reward you!"

We'll assume Camlo and Illes have made it back up from the beach.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"Which way to the dragon?"


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Before heading back up Illes gives the former chief a once over looking for anything worth holding on to.

"Hudak has it right. Directions to the dragon and safe passage back through when we return."

Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17


Illes:

Spoiler:
A nice amulet, three scrolls, a necklace and a pretty feather.

"Oh yeah, the tribute thing." The bugbear looks uncomfortable. "Look, are you sure you want to go ahead with that? Dragon can be pretty grouchy most of the time. Maybe just leave the tribute with me and I'll wait until he's in a good mood?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"I think we can cheer him up."


"Well, sure, if you say so. See the cave down there? That's how you get to his sea cave."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

We wanna go down there, guys?

Where is it on the map again?.....


On the beach.


And?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

I can't quite figure out how to get there, and I don't know where the beach is on the map; I guess I could tie a rope on the ledge I'm on and climb down to ledge Q eventually.....I don't see a way down to there, and from Q I don't know where the beach is.

Sorry for the slow motion posting; I'm never in the room when you're on, old bean.


Sorry, the map isn't obvious but I described it in the initial heart-rending prose exposition before the fight kicked off. Effectively, climb down to the bottom of the cliff, there's a shingle beach with a cave mouth - it's basically where Illes ended up with the corse of the previous chief. I neglected to put a ladder down to the beach on the map, but assume it is there as the goblins use it to go and meet up with the dragon.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Indeed. Let's go greet our draconic benefactor."

Anyone hurt?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"I'm barely scratched."

Hudak'll tie a rope somewhere, and start descending.

Climb
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (20) + 15 = 35


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

Pfft THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

To be fair, Camlo has climbed down there once already ;P

Camlo stays quiet, accepting his friend's lead, and helping the others down where he can. When the time comes to head towards the dragon's cave he speaks up..."Ah, as much as I ah, hate to say it. Should we just, sort of, um, walk right in, or should, I ah, have a bit of a looksy first?"


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn climbs down to the beach with the rest of the party.

"That would be prudent. Could you make yourself look like a goblin? That way, the beast might not attack you if it spots you."


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

"I can't, but if Elisile can, I'd feel better."

I'm feeling like Bilbo preparing to visit Smaug.....


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

"I can make you look like a goblin. Pretty sure it would fool them. Maybe some of us. A dragon? I don't know about that. You want to try it for real, Elisile's your girl."


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

Once out of sight of the clan, Illes pulls a few items from his bag and holds them up. "Hey Veth? Take a look at these. Grabbed a few shinies off the chief back there." The bard holds up in turn a nice amulet, three scrolls, a necklace and a pretty feather.


The party scramble down to the shingle beach at the bottom of the cave. The surf surges in and out of the crack in the opposite wall with an echoing boom every few seconds, and the light from outside penetrates through it to reveal the cave mouth leading deeper into the rock. The passage is narrow, much more suited to goblins that humans, though passable by crawling. It is otherwise dark. As the adventurers peer in, the goblin chanteuse begins a mournful wailing.

If you speak Goblin:

Spoiler:
She's singing a funeral dirge.

You'll need a light source or darkvision to see down there.


And?


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Waiting on Eli to see if she can do a decent atempt at making Camlo look like a goblin.

Failing that, Camlo will sneak forward Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (9) + 24 = 33 as far as the light from outside will reach before lighting a torch, and moving further forward.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19 +4 vs traps

Grand Lodge

As far as I can tell she can't do it. She could transform herself, but not Camlo. Illes can make Cam look exactly like a goblin, but I doubt it will fool scent- or the will save of any respectable dragon. If you want the illusion style just let it be known IC as he has already offered.


I think it's best not to wait for Mothy at this stage. He's been absent from the games pretty much since he lost his job. At the moment Elsie will be run as a hireling ally by the rest of the group, and the longer term will depend on if and when Mothy returns.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

Okey Doke

Before setting off, Camlo looks at Illes, "May as well cast that spell, it can't make the Dragon any more mad if it catches me, can it?"


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 71,082

"We could...disguise your scent."

Hudak looks around for garbage the goblins have dumped.

then,....

"Wha? I drank hagfish water........what the abyss?"


So what's the plan?


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:60{62} Dravite

As posted above. Cast spell, sneak in until I can't see, light torch, sneak a bit more. How far will depend on what Camlo sees.


I don't think there is a spell - her spells in that direction only work on herself. Perfectly happy for you to rely on your own Stealth (and, if you really want to go for it, Disguise) skill.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Ille's illusion spell! I've posted the relevant stealth, perception checks above.... and asked about the illusion spell In Character.... :)


Fine - and in character, Illes will tell you that the Image spells don't work like that. They are cast on an area and have an area of effect, you don't cast them on an individual and have them change their appearance. Plus there are range limits, line of sight limits, and the fact that Illes controls the image, not you if it were cast on you.

So into the dragon's lair for Camlo...


HP 58/58, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 28/21

We aren't talking about silent image. Illes learned disguise other some time back. He's only used it once so far and it was on himself at the time, but it is designed to do exactly this. It is disguise self, but on yourself or another as a second level spell instead of 1st. Goblins are humanoids and so is Camlo so it should work fine. Good for 90 minutes. I'm not saying it is a good idea, but I can facilitate it :P

Disguise Other


Oh, OK, I wasn't aware of that spell. Sure, if you want, go for it.

9,951 to 10,000 of 12,057 << first < prev | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | 204 | 205 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.