Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


9,851 to 9,900 of 12,319 << first < prev | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | next > last >>

HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Thanks MM. My folks left yesterday, but I had forgotten it was the night where Mrs Ith has to work til late in the evening. Started to make a quick post before work this morning, but that map needed a little more study time than I had.
Btw- did anyone else look at it and think inverse 3D Donkey Kong? I guess in this case Hudak is Kong.

If for any reason someone else goes for me during this fight (shouldn't be necessary but just in case), I have one more 3rd level slot free and that is our haste for dragon fighting.

The first goblin we recruited is a wildcard here. I used bardic suggestion and the suggestion did not involve him fighting his own tribe.


Hudak (or Mario).


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Lemme do some figuring here.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Climbing down that ladder; I'll switch around to the other side or whatever to get past Alwin.

climb 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
moving full speed, double moving; I should get to Q27.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Hudak wrote:

Climbing down that ladder; I'll switch around to the other side or whatever to get past Alwin.

climb 1d20+15
moving full speed, double moving; I should get to Q27.

I think it’s a steeply angled rope bridge rather than a ladder; you might need a bit of manouvering to get past Alwyn and the bugbear, but I don’t think you need to climb. With haste active, you can probably get to Q27 or the top of the ladder down at Q26 and still have an action left to perforate a goblin with that roll of 19 (although you might pick up an AoO or two in the process).

Edit: Or better still move into the midst of the goblins on ledge J and great cleave as your standard action ...


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Looks like I got more stuff I can do;
from there, I'll lunge n great cleave starting with G5, G6, G7, and G4.

Sorry; didn't know Illes hasted us; I misread his post.

G51d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32 damage 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

G61d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 damage 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 22

G71d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22 damage 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

G41d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34 damage 1d10 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

-2 to my ac, due to lunge, makes me ac 20.


Lung and Great Cleave - nasty combination.

Hudak swings his sword once and beheads four goblins (who were fortunately of uniform height).

I'll do the ordinary goblins tonight. Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

sometimes I,....I cry a little, when Hudak gets his turn.

I better kinda um......water it down a little.
Doesn't Hudak know that fighters totally freakin suck and can't have nice things? Who's he think he is, a wizard? SHEEEESH!


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

But are you having fun playing a fighter Heath? Yeah?
...
...
THEN YOUR PLAYING TEH GMAE WRONG!!1!!!!!1


Don't you have it when fighters get above themselves?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I know, right?


Though, as I was saying, it is nasty combining Great Cleave with someone's lungs.

The goblins react with fury to the assault on their lair, firing slings and bows or hurling whatever unpleasant materials that lie immediately to hand.

OK, at present you are advantaged by being at the top of the cave, so line of sight is difficult for the goblins below. Only those standing on the edge of a ledge at the moment or on the bridge - Vethran, Alwyn and Hudak - need to make a DC 17 Reflex save. If you fail, you take 1d4 damage from various random missiles and need to make a DC 15 Fort save. If you fail that, roll a d6 - 1-3 you are sickened, 4-5 you are nauseated, 6 you are blinded, all for one round.

Check for the bugbear: Ref save = 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14, Fort save = 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14, damage 1d4 ⇒ 2, Fort save fail result 1d6 ⇒ 6

The bugbear turns at just the wrong moment and gets a face full of goblin dung. He desperately scrabbles to clear his eyes. The goblin chief's bodyguards continue upwards to face the invaders, one clmbering up a ladder while the others get ready to go. The chief himself casts a spell - and disappears.

Elisile.

Updated initiatives and conditions:
Fighters 28
Chief 26
Elisile 22
Camlo 21
Bugbear 20 (blind)
Vethran 17
Rangers 15 (R1 stuck in Web, all stuck in Wall of Thorns)
Alwyn 12
Bard 11 (stuck in Wall of Thorns)
Illes 9+
Hudak 9-
Ordinary goblins 0

Map updated.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Reflex save 4+4=8, Fortitude save 11+7=18. 1d4=2. It was probably just a rock.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 beat a 17

Fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 beat a 15

damage 1d4 ⇒ 2

dice for effects 1d6 ⇒ 5

failed reflex; made fort; a big rock pelts Hudak in his bald head.


Vethran?


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile casts Cat's Grace on herself.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15. That's a fail, but does my protection from arrows absorb the damage and/or the negative effects of such? Since you said they were "random missiles." 1d4 ⇒ 4 damage, Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7, result: 1d6 ⇒ 2. Sickened for one round (unless protection negates).


I'll say you are probably immune to all small non-magic missiles, so the nasty stuff just runs off your force field or whatever. So not sickened.

Elisile not moving (bearing in mind you are Hasted)? Camlo.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Oh yeah, I did mean to move too. Across to R26 please.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Gah, Just about not enough movemnet to get down the ladder in one go, so a bouble move, with a bit of acrobatics in the middle 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (8) + 20 = 28 to get to H55

Camlo runs forward, bypassing friends and enemies alike, and slides partway down the ladder, before pushing off into a sumersault over the goblins head, and landing a few steps behind it....


OK, my fault as I didn't put the ledges in, but Camlo likely only pulled off that move by flying. Please note that ledges C and K stand between you and ledge D. Please also note the sudden proliferation of angry goblins on most levels now. Please reconsider your action.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

I’d say Camlo probably wouldn’t want to go further than Q26 – I’m going to guess he doesn’t want to stand on the edge of a ledge (K), or hanging off a ladder next to a bunch of angry goblins, with no actions left.

Cheliax

Wintergreen's CE PA IT Geek 10/Daddy 6/Physicist 3/Cartographer 1/Runner 1

Good Guess :) Damned complicated map.....Ok, put Camlo in R26, he'll just move for the moment.


The bugbear feels his way along the wall to a more quiet place where he can clear his eyes.

Vethran.

Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Grrrrr!


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Ledge K would be visible from Ledge A, correct?


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2
Nevynxxx wrote:
Good Guess :) Damned complicated map.....Ok, put Camlo in R26, he'll just move for the moment.

Her position hasn't been updated on the map, but Elisile is already in R26.

EDIT: Unless Aubrey deems I was too late in adding that movement to Elisile’s action, in which case she remains where shown on the map. I can live with either outcome.


I've moved you now. You can see Ledge K from A.

Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I think I got the hang of the map now.


Vethran?


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Haven’t seen Fatespinner in several days so …

Vethran can be heard muttering something about Shoanti, thorns, fire and ‘real magic’ as he looks across the cavern at the ledge below the one that Hudak and company stand upon. He waves his hand and an opaque curtain of purple flames springs into being on top of several of the goblins on the ledge.

Using elemental wall school power to create a wall of fire along squares S41, S42 and S43, with the hot side facing back into the ledge (towards row T). Wall is ‘up to 20 feet long per level’, I interpret that to mean you can make it shorter. It is 20 feet high, but cannot go through stone to effect the ledge above.
Goblins G3 and G4 take 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15, goblins G5 and G6 take 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2, goblin G7 takes 1d4 ⇒ 3 damage.

Then five foot step to K30.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

It's the goblin rangers' turn, right? Or are we waiting for me?


Nope - just chillin'.


Sorry for being so quiet over the last couple of days. A busy weekend, and I've been working on stuff for the games as well. Back on track soon.


STR check 1d20 ⇒ 19

One of the rangers tries to push through the thorns and simply impales itself. The other decide to think up another way out of the thorns.

Alwyn.

Map updated.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn runs over to the ladder and peers down on the roiling mass of goblins on the ledge underneath. With a quick incantation, vicious spikes grow all over his armour. "Who goes first? Hudak?"

Move to Q28. Once there, I cast Gorum's armoron myself to discourage grapplers or swarmers.


The bard's voice continues to echo about the cavern from her thorny redoubt.

Illes. I'll update the map tonight.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

[ooc]With that Elemental wall running, we might want to delay a little going down. How are the singed goblins doing?[/(ooc]


Thank you for reminding me to put the wall in. I expect the affected goblins are dead.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes makes a break for it across the rickety bridge to the next platform. Seeing the goblins swarming at the foot of the ladder and more ready to pile in from the ledge across the way, he decides to slow the reinforcements down a bit. Illes hums a little song as a thick layer of grease seeps up to coat the rocky ledge.

Move to Q26
Grease Goblins G8,9,10,11
Reflex DC 17


By the way, remember you are Hasted.

Map updated.

Illes.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

I think it's my turn?

Throw harpy musk at K41.

1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 26
minus......
4 for improvisation; 6 for range is 16

"The reek of this doubtful cure-all proves useful at scaring off Varisian goblins. If smeared on a surface or used as a thrown weapon, the musk fills a 30-foot area with the stink of harpies for 1 minute. Any Varisian goblin who enters the area must make a DC 14 Will save or be shaken for 1 minute."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Odd - didn't see Illes' update at the time.

Goblin saves:
G8 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
G9 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
G10 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
G11 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

One of the goblins slips in the muck, but the others remain precariously on their feet. Hudak chucks his vial of vile smelly stuff at the one that fell. It cracks open and the goblins gasp in horror as the whiff of eau de harpy arse* begins to drift about.

*

Spoiler:
Strictly, it's the smell from a harpy's musk glands, but since they are next to its anus, the difference is moot.

Same routine as above for the goblins: only those standing on the edge of a ledge at the moment or on the bridge need to make a DC 17 Reflex save. If you fail, you take 1d4 damage from various random missiles and need to make a DC 15 Fort save. If you fail that, roll a d6 - 1-3 you are sickened, 4-5 you are nauseated, 6 you are blinded, all for one round.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Illes, Hudak and Alwyn are near the edge and need to save.

Note that the elemental wall faces inwards not outwards, so anyone coming down the ladder to R43 should be safe from it. Having done its work, Vethran will shut it off on his next turn I think its safe to say.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

reflex 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

1d4 ⇒ 1

fort 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

Shoanti children throw worse at eachother instead of playing freeze tag, so....not worried.

Cheliax RPG Superstar 2013 Top 32

I'm really sorry about the scarcity of my posts lately. We are currently in the process of moving, so things are a little crazy. I may not have internet access (or electricity, for that matter) after this weekend until possibly May 4th. Thank you for your patience and please continue to NPC my characters as needed.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Reflex save 7+4=11, Fortitude save 10+7=17. 1d4=1.

Another rock pings off Alwyn's helmet.


Illes to see if he gets a face full of goblin poo. Meanwhile...

Updated initiatives and conditions:
Fighters 28
Chief 26
Elisile 22
Camlo 21
Bugbear 20
Vethran 17
Rangers 15 (R1 stuck in Web)
Alwyn 12
Bard 11
Illes 9+
Hudak 9-
Ordinary goblins 0

The goblins on the ledge below, at the behest of the chief's bodyguards send the ladder tumbling to the water below. (Ladder 4, between ledge C and ledge D, is now gone.) A pair of fiery rays lash out at Alwyn, and the chief reappears, hovering in the middle of the cavern. (He's between ledges C and K.)

Ray 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 v touch AC, damage [/dice]4d6[/dice]
Ray 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 v touch AC, damage [/dice]4d6[/dice]

Elisile.

Map updated.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

That's two hits. Looks like you'll need to reformat the damage, though.

9,851 to 9,900 of 12,319 << first < prev | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | 199 | 200 | 201 | 202 | 203 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.