Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


9,601 to 9,650 of 12,563 << first < prev | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Someone favourited initiative order?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

g21, hewing down goblin number 2

1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

damage
1d10 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Elisile Starbrow wrote:
Someone favourited initiative order?

You've got to admit, it's good.

And, er, goblin 2 is alseep. Making sure of no witnesses? Or Hudak can do something else if he wishes.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Well it was an Aubrey initiative order, so points for that.

Hudak really hates goblins.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

I'll move forward then; right above Camlo.

G 23.


Map updated.

Hudak contains his anti-goblin fervour and steps over the slumbering creature.

Vethran.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

On my turn (right after Vethran) I keep moving forwards. That'll get me to G20.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

Map updated.

Hudak contains his anti-goblin fervour and steps over the slumbering creature.

Vethran.

It was real hard.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Double move to H16.


Elisile.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Are any goblins apart from the sleeping one visible to Elisile? Even partly made out through the trees? Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19 if required, looking in the direction that the fleeing goblin went and where the whispers are coming from.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile moves to H25. If she can catch even the barest glimpse of any enemies through the trees, she fires her bow – her true strike spell allows the shot to ignore any concealment: 1d20 + 32 ⇒ (15) + 32 = 47 Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + (2) = 10.


Sorry for the delay - busy day and evening yesterday.

The goblin voices quieten as Elisile gets closer. She still can't see the goblins.

Nothing for Elisile to shoot at as yet. You can keep that roll when it comes to it..

Map updated.

Illes.


HP 68/53, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/23

"whose idea was it to charge into a damn goblin nest anyway?" Illes grouses while scrambling along trying to pull free of briars and vines.

Double move 30 ft to H20


Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo ducks through more woods. Double move to F28 Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (20) + 24 = 44


Camlo ghosts through the trees until he reaches the next clearing. Peering through the branches he sees a gaggle of goblins poised and ready - though not so ready that they spot him.

Hudak.

Camlo 25
Hudak 20+
Vethran 17
Alwyn 16
Elisile 11
Illes 3

Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

Hudak'll move to I 26. Make a fart sound.


Camlo 25
Hudak 20+
Goblins 20-
Vethran 17
Alwyn 16
Elisile 11
Illes 3

Hudak receves a fusilade of missiles. A couple of goblins in the pack set off along the paths.

Sling 1 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 to hit, damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
Sling 2 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19 to hit, damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Sling 3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 to hit, damage 1d3 ⇒ 2
Short bow, attack 1 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29 to hit, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6, attack 2 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 to hit, damage 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Sling 3 crit confirm 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 to hit, extra damage 1d3 ⇒ 2

G9 and G10 are not necessarily where they are on this map - that's just so you can tell which ones have moved off. Vethran.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

Down 15 hp.

"If you shoot me you're dead."


Vethran.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Something I'm not entirely clear on... do we have line of sight through the dark green squares? Or is that impenetrable underbrush or something? I know we basically have to squeeze to go anywhere along the path, but can Vethran see the giant cluster of targets ahead just begging to be fireballed?


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

No matter what Vethran does...

"Hmmmm..." Alwyn looks speculatively down on the prone goblin while fiddling with his knife. "Nah." He steps over it, sheathing his knife and pulling his silver-headed mace. "Hudak! Save a few for me, willya?"

Move to G24.


Vethran Tallomane wrote:
Something I'm not entirely clear on... do we have line of sight through the dark green squares? Or is that impenetrable underbrush or something? I know we basically have to squeeze to go anywhere along the path, but can Vethran see the giant cluster of targets ahead just begging to be fireballed?

No, not really - it blocks line of sight. Frustrating, isn't it?

Quick reminder - this'll be it from me until next Sunday.

Map updated.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Okay then...

Vethran cautiously advances, mindful of the pathway to his left. He watches the entrance expectantly, wary of ambush.

Move to G19. Ready an action to drop an elemental wall in the corridor beginning at J21 if I see enemies approaching from that route.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile, still in goblin form, squeezes past Hudak and fires off an arrow at the first goblin she sees.

Move to I26 and fire at either G5 or G6, whichever one of them has a sling. Roll from before, hits AC 27, 10 points of damage.
I realise this position blocks Hudak from charging, but I don’t think he can charge along these paths anyway.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

I was gonna just move up on them anyhow.


Elisile shoots down one of the over-confident goblins.

G5 down. Illes.

Map updated.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

huzzah!!!


HP 68/53, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/23

I'll continue trying to get to a place where I can see anything other than brambles and Hudak's back. ;)
Double move to H25.


Map updated. Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo strikes out at the Goblin next to him, then steps back into the wood.

SA: Atk: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 dmg: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 Sneak Atk Dmg: 5d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 6, 2, 5, 6) + 5 = 30
MA: move to E29
Stealth: 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (8) + 24 = 32

EDIT: Attacking G1 if it's not clear. I love this encounter....


The goblin takes the blade through the eyesocket and out the back of its head. Camlo then drifts away like smoke into the woods.

That said, analogous to sniping, I'll be imposing a -20 to your Stealth check since you also attacked this round. Though they still might not see you.

Map updated.

Hudak.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

I'll take I 28.

OUCH!!!


Map updated.

Goblins begin to pour from the path into the clearing where Vethran waits alone. Time for that readied action.

Goblin perception checks: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16. A goblin chitters and points at Camlo's hiding place, and three move in to teach him a lesson. Those three get there without suffering an AoO. They attack Camlo with their swords:
G3: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 7 + 2 = 10 to hit, damage 1d4 + 1 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 1 + (4) = 9
G4: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 to hit, damage 1d4 ⇒ 1
G5: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 2 = 16 to hit, damage 1d4 ⇒ 1

The remaining two continue to fire at Hudak, backing off slightly.
G7: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10 to hit, damage 1d3 ⇒ 1
G8: attack 1: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22 to hit, damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8, attack 2: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30 to hit, damage 1d4 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Vethran's readied action fires off, then it's Alwyn.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

15 damage to Hudak...


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Goblins begin to pour from the path into the clearing where Vethran waits alone. Time for that readied action.

With a gesture, Vethran conjures a hissing wall of bubbling acid into being, dumping gallons of the caustic fluid all over the intruding goblins.

Wall begins in J21 and extends to Q21 if I can extend it INTO the foliage (I assume the wall would just disintegrate the underbrush). Otherwise it ends at M21. Goblins in row 21 take 2d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5) + 9 = 16 acid damage. The "active" face of the wall will be south, so enemies in rows 22-23 (including G12) take 2d4 ⇒ (3, 4) = 7 acid damage. Enemies in rows 24-25 (if any) take 1d4 ⇒ 3. There is no save for this damage.


Vethran leaves sizzling goblin bones and seared foliage in the wake of his acid wall.

How long does it last?

Alwyn.

Map updated.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
How long does it last?

Up to 9 rounds, or until I tell it to stop.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Move to I27, twirling my mace.


Bit of a bummer being Alwyn right now - clanking round the forest in all that heavy armour, not being able to get close enough to kill anything.

Elsie, then Illes.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

Owell; least he looks good.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile, in her goblin form, scampers down to H30, and after a quick glance up the trail behind her, spins and shoots one of the goblins harrying Camlo.

Bow on G4 (precise shot so no penalty for shooting into combat, using deadly aim): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22 Damage: 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 plus 1d6 ⇒ 1 electrical.


Elisile, Perception check DC 25. If you succeed:

Spoiler:
Elisile halts in her tracks as she spots the pit trap in her path.

It covers H-I/29-30 - you can complete your turn as you see fit.

If you fail:

Spoiler:
Elisile fails to notice the pit trap in her path.

DC 20 Reflex save or you fall in a pit trap covering H-I/29-30. If you fall, you take 2d6 falling damage, plue 1-4 attacks by the spikes at the bottom (+15 to hit, 1d6+5 damage each) plus the poisone on the spikes (giant wasp venom, frequency 1/rnd for 6 rounds, Fort DC 18, single save required). If you don't fall, your turn will end and you are on the edge, probably in the bushes next to Hudak.

Map updated.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Perception: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Elisile dashes into the clearing ... And fails to spot the pit trap at it's centre. As she feels the earth begin to collapse beneath her feet, she calls on her arcane training, and immediately membraneous wings erupt from her back, holding her aloft.

Use Sudden Shift as an immediate action to gain a fly speed and fly away. Hovering just above the pit at this stage, if she's still able to take her shot she will.


Bah! Stupid alternate power.

You can take the shot.

Elisile the flying goblin shoots one of Camlo's attacks in the back. It collapses twitching.


Map updated.

Illes.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 80962

"sweeet!"


Illes.

9,601 to 9,650 of 12,563 << first < prev | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.