Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


9,251 to 9,300 of 12,310 << first < prev | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | next > last >>

Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Miserable in Magnimar:
Ouch indeed.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Sandpoint;

Spoiler:
"Well, I don't know what I could do; she made her choice. It's not that I'm stiff necked.....well, maybe I am. But,...we've kindof got serious business to see to. I got more important things to do than douche around Sandpoint being a whiny jilted dude.
Hell, you got any ideas, I'm all ears. I know I wasn't put on Golarion to make my way on account of my thinking prowess.
I drop towers on big monsters. It doesn't take much wit."


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Magnimar

Spoiler:
The shield of force shimmers up around the lead hellknight before Illes has a chance to retaliate so instead he winks at their captive leader and ducks around him. The Varisian unfurls his whip and nods at the hellknight attacking Elisile. "You wanted to ask some questions. Fine. We answered them. But let me tell you something- we ARE NOT your subjects. You hold about as much authority over the natives of this land as we chose to grant you and I grant you NONE because that is what you have earned." With that Illes thrusts his hand out at the one in Vethran's face assaulting him with a barrage of deafening sounds and blinding lights visible only to him.

5 foot step to somewhere not threatened
MA: Draw Whip
Attempted Perform Oratory to activate Captivating melody for the DC boost: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16 = fail. DC of 18
Cacophonous Call - Will DC 20 or nauseated 9 rounds


Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Hellknight save = 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

The subtleties of Illes' political views are lost on the hellknights. However, his spell is more direct, and another hellknight falls to the floor, retching and disorientated.

Veth.


Beyond Sandpoint:

Spoiler:
"Perhaps," replies Vhiski. "It's not really my place to say. I apologise for being forward. I just wish Ameiko was happier, sometimes."

He gets up and stretches. "Ah well, it's been a long day, and plenty more of those to come. Goodnight, Sir Hudak."

Doing anything in particular tonight, O spirits of adventure?


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

On the dusty road again:
"Sandpoint was a very nice little town." Camlo says as he rises, "But I have had a few too many late nights there, I will turn in too. Goodnight."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Genitalmen of the road:

Spoiler:
Hudak'll crash...


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar:
His aggressor incapacitated by Illes' spell, the mage steps aside and directs his attention towards the remaining Hellknight attacking Elisile. He mutters a few syllables and begins a throaty hum with his hand outstretched. The Hellknight's weapon begins to vibrate violently in his hands.

Shatter on the Hellknight's sword. Will save (DC 20) or the weapon is destroyed (unless it's a magical weapon).


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

The Medusa of Magnimar:
Elisile cries out in shock and pain as the Hellknight’s sword pierces deeply into her flesh. “Enough of us playing nicely then,” she hisses. Taking a 5 foot step back, she reaches up and pulls down the Medusa Mask from its habitual position resting atop her head – so as not to freak out the locals – to cover her face and eyes. Move action? She then gazes at the attacking Hellknight through the mask’s green eye lenses, willing his body to transform to stone standard action.

He gets a DC 15 Fort save or he turns to stone for 1 minute.


Getting stoned in Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Fort save 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Will save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

The hellknight recoils as the medusa mask begins to writhe, but he averts his gaze in time. But his sword shatters in his hand as Vethran's spell takes effect. He gawps at the hilt and stump of blade for a moment, and then begins a hasty retreat.

AoO if he is in reach, which he might be to Illes with his whip. If he makes it, he will move back to the door and open it. In any case, after that it's Illes' go.


Napping by the Nettlewood:

Spoiler:
The caravan settles down for the night. The guard is doubled, as this area is notorious for goblin bandits.

Perception checks, please.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

On the road again:

Spoiler:
Perception 12+13=25. I'm wearing serious armour as we're close by dangerous territory.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

ON THE SHOANTI ROAD

Spoiler:
perception 1d20 ⇒ 19


Shoanti Roadies:

Spoiler:
Perception check for Camlo, please.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Illes calls out to the fleeing Hellknight, "Hold on there filos! This dance isn't over yet." He lashes out with his whip catching the last Hellknight around the throat and with a sharp tug lays him out on the floor of the Inn's common room.

I'm pretty sure a normal whip doesn't threaten any squares for AoO's. It's in the whip description. I will use my action for a trip though.
MA: Inspire Courage +3/+3
SA: Trip 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 3 = 32 (includes +2 for whip of entangling and +3 for inspire courage)
I'm assuming a 32 is going to knock him on his ass. :)


Getting the upper hand in Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Illes expertly fells the hellknight with his magical whip, the cord wrapped around his neck between gorget and helm.

Veth, I think.


North Road Rage:

Spoiler:
The camp settles down to sleep. The adventurers soon hear the sound of snoring coming from other tents. But both Hudak and Alwyn find it hard to sleep at first, staring up at the canvas roof.

Still waiting for Camlo's Perception skill check. However, it isn't vital at quite this moment in time. The DC is 17, and if he makes it, he isn't surprised. Both Hudak and Alwyn made the check, and so are not surprised.

Suddenly there is a scream - a man, in mortal terror - and then a bestial roar. Someone yells, "To arms! It's the Sandpoint Devil!"

Roll initiative. The "Devil's" initiative is 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnanimous:
Vethran quickly levels a finger at the fallen Hellknight and intones a simple spell that blasts the knight with atrophying necromantic energy.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8 vs. touch AC. Ray of enfeeblement imposing a 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 STR penalty for 9 rounds. Fort save DC 17 to halve the penalty. EDIT: Nevermind, that's a miss. :(

"Illes! Can you suggest to these gentlemen that it would be wise to remain here in the inn for awhile until we are gone in the interest of public safety. I am rapidly running out of nonlethal means... and things might get ugly."


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Spoiler:

Sorry chaps!

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Camlo never sleeps well outside of a towns walls....


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Road warriors:

Spoiler:
Initiative 11+1=12.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Catching the Caravan:
Init: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Shoanti Thunder:

Spoiler:
init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 Reckon I'm about a.c. 16; I think it's kinda goofy to act all like I lie around wearing a chain shirt and whatnot.....


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Magnificent in Magnimar

Spoiler:
“Surrender!” calls Elisile, moving to stand over the fallen Hellknight with her sword pointed down at him. Ready an action to attack if he tries to move, get up, attack or starts to yell.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Magnimar:

Spoiler:

Illes kneels down to look at the Hellknight on the floor, "Relax. It shouldn't have come to this, but here we are. You should be embarrassed. If I were you I'd go directly to the Silken Whip, request Ulag the Leatherbound, and ask to be punished for the rest of the day. I think you'll find a sort of clarity in his ministrations and feel much better about this whole mess afterward."

I'll use my Take 20 on Kn Local for today to come up with 30 for the detail about Ulag at the Silken Whip.
Performance Oratory 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22 for Captivating melody. Success.
Suggestion DC 22


Mindwarping in Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Hellknight Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"Yes, I must be punished," says the hellknight, as he begins to get up and leave.

There's still the guy on the ground vomiting, but he's fairly harmless right now. End of combat.


Dust-up on the North Road:

Spoiler:
Initiatives:
Camlo 23
Hudak 21
The Devil 19
Alwyn 12.

Camlo. Assume you are all prone in the tent at the moment.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

Dust-up on the North Road:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:
Stand up. Cautious move forward towards where the most noise is coming from.

Camlo stands up, and starts moving towards the commotion, keeping his eyes open, and getting his daggers straightened out.

Just my ability to type :)


Anything wrong with the spoiler function?


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Runnin with th' Devil

Spoiler:
Hudak, too, will move towards the gnashing of teeth, with his bastard sword and buckler at the ready.
He looks like a kid at Christmas, with the promise of the Sandpoint Devil's presence shrieked against the wind.


The Devil Rides Out:

Spoiler:
Camlo and Hudak leap to their feet first and stick their heads out of the tent. Beyond, in the darkness, one of the mules screams. A large shadowy winged shape can just be made out, the camp guards running towards it.

Map.

OK, green stuff is the edge of a small stand of woodland. It is difficult terrain. The yellow line is the road. The yellow squares are tents. The brown squares are wagons or caravans. The animals are tethered or hobbled. G1-4 are the guards.

Alwyn.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

North Road shenanigans:

Spoiler:
I stand up and cast Bull's strength on myself.


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Illes watches the first Hellknight leave with some satisfaction and turns to the one Elisile has pinned. In Varisian he asks Vethran sidelong, "How long for you to get us out of here ksadelphos*?" then turns his attention to the Hellknight on the floor. "I have an idea that your superiors are not going to be too pleased by this. Maybe you should get a horse immediately and ride north after this halfling you are looking for. Surely if you return with him in your custody they will forgive this sorry display in front of all these witnesses?"

Performance Oratory 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15 = Fail.
Suggestion, Will DC 20, 9 hours
hoping for +2 for a reasonable suggestion, but I get that it is a stretch
*cousin


Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Hellknight save 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The nauseated hellknight crawls out after his companion. The last one glares murderously through the bubble of force that encloses him.

2,130xp each.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar:
Vethran smirks at his cousin. "A minute or two to gather up my things into the magic bag, then we all hold hands and zip away to... well... anywhere you want. Almost anywhere, that is. Within a thousand miles or so," the mage winks. "I can have us out of here by the time fishbowl breaks free." He indicates the trapped Hellknight commander.


Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Slight fly in the ointment - that fork is very heavy.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar:
It's a large weapon. How heavy are we talking? I can teleport a creature carrying objects up to their maximum load. For Elisile, that's 175 lbs. Does this thing seriously weigh 200+?!? No way we hauled that down a mountain pass.


Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Well, it's a huge weapon made of adamantine. A basic military fork weighs 12lbs, but that assumes a haft of wood whereas this is all metal. So let's double it. Then lets double it for large, and again for huge, so that's 48lbs. It doesn't say that adamantine is heavier than steel, so let's leave it there (I thought it was, and so was going to double again to 96lbs). On that basis, the thing should be teleport-able, I think.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar:
Yeah, sounds like we're fine. Even if it was 96 lbs, it would be doable. And Vethran has a bull's strength prepped, which he could slap on himself to raise his max load to 235 for a few minutes, long enough to get out of here with the fork. At caster level 9, I can teleport myself + 3 other creatures with gear up to max load up to 900 miles away. Obviously we'll want to stick with "very familiar" places to minimize the likelihood of a mishap, so the prime targets in Vethran's mind are the Rusty Dragon in Sandpoint and the workshop he set up in Fort Ranneck (assuming that's within the range).


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Magnimar

Spoiler:
I blew up the poster map from the Inner Sea Guide and it looks like Kaer Maga is exactly 420 miles in a straight line from Magnimar. I'd suggest there because it is awesome for one and second- hellknights are not welcome. Korvosa is Hellknight central and I'm sure they have ways to communicate.
Absalom is more like 1600 miles.
Problem is- you haven't seen any of these locations yet even through scrying have you?


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar:
Nope, Vethran hasn't been to any of those places and he doesn't exactly have the luxury of committing to another scrying right now. I can always teleport us somewhere else again tomorrow. Right now, we just need to be "somewhere that isn't here."


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

The Hell out of Dodge:

Spoiler:
Elisile hurries over to close the door after the departing Hellknights. “Very nicely done both of you,” she says, pressing a wadded up part of her now ruined new shirt to her wound. “But you are right, we should leave quickly.” She shakes her head. “I knew I did not like this city ...”

The elf turns to the cowering staff of the inn. “Remember what you have seen here. These Hellknights drew weapons against us without provocation, and struck to injure or kill while we chose to spare their foolish lives.” She then turns towards the trapped Hellknight captain and blows him a kiss. “You remember that too,” she says, then turns with the others and heads quickly upstairs to throw her gear into her pack. She makes sure no one is lurking around near their rooms before she speaks.

“I can carry the polearm, for a short while,” she says in a low voice. “Vethran, if you can teleport us out, I think perhaps Sandpoint may be best in the short term. Perhaps we can find our companions and warn them they are hunted. It may not do to appear in the middle of town though, a secluded place would be better, for the Hellknights will be looking for us soon enough, and will likely venture there with questions at some point. Do you recall Foxglove Manor? Specifically the area just outside the building, by the well. Perhaps there would be a good destination. Beyond that we can consider Riddleport or Kaer Maga as a market.”


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Gone With the Wind:
If Sandpoint is the destination, then Vethran actually has a home of his own there which should most certainly count as "very familiar" and will be out of public sight.


Mad Dash from Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Fine with me - go for it.


Deviltry on the Road:

Spoiler:
Camlo.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Magnimar:
Make it so.

We’ll lock or barricade the door, pack very quickly, grab the polearm, hold hands and Vethran can whisk us away to his house in Sandpoint.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Magnimar No More:
Engage.
Vethran hastily returns to the room upstairs, piling his effects into the bag of holding, including the new scrying mirror and the alchemical workshop supplies. Once the group had assembled everything and Elisile gripped the massive polearm securely, Vethran shouldered the magic sack, placed his hands on his companions, and uttered a single phrase of arcane power whilst drawing to mind the image of his home in Sandpoint...
There's a 97% chance of this going just fine... and a 3% chance that I f+#* it up. 1d100 ⇒ 78. Looks like we're right on target!


Farewell to Magnimar:

Spoiler:
With a mild judder in reality, the three companions hurtle through space and time, departing their room in the inn in Magnimar to arrive instantaneously in Vethran's modest home in Sandpoint. It is dark inside, as Vethran and Illes made sure to secure the place against the winter weather, and a thin patina of dust covers the surfaces. Vethran pushes aside acurtain to peer outside, and is coforted to discover that, indeed, Sandpoint awaits beyond; his spell didn't misfire and send them to a some similar, but distant facsimile of his home.

The adventurers step outside, to be greeted with delight and disbelief. The other Heroes of Sandpoint are now in town. They find out from the townspeople they have missed Hudak, Alwyn and Camlo by mere hours. They have set off towards Riddleport as part of a caravan, taking the road north. Given the pace the wagons will set, a hard ride should have the party reunited by nightfall.

Actually, if we keep the chronology for you and them the same, they haven't actually reached Sandpoint yet but are camped a day south. As far as they are concerned game-wise, they've partied in Sandpoint for a few days before just setting off again. But you parted ways in terms of internal chronology a while back and I didn't anticipate a reunion quite this soon. Meh, we'll write off the missing week to time dilation through a rare anomaly associated with teleportation magic, if the subject comes up.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Ex Magnimar:

Spoiler:
Elisile stands still for a moment as her stomach settles from the dimensional travel, then places the huge polearm carefully down on the floor of Vethran’s living room, doing her best not to impale any of his furniture or knock over his ornaments. She sighs. “This thing is almost more trouble than it’s worth,” she says. “Anyway ... I suppose we should see if our companions have arrived here yet, we need to warn them about the Hellknights. Then we can decide where to venture next to do our selling and purchasing. Vethran, do you feel safe leaving this in here for the moment?”


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Away Team:
"I have no problem with keeping the polearm here, but if the Hellknights have diviners of competence equal to my own, it will only be a short time before we may find ourselves under continued assault. I don't believe the Hellknights know about the polearm, though, so it should be safe in my home for now. Fortunately for us, most common folk are fairly superstitious and generally terrified of a wizard's home. Nothing appears to be stolen so far. I can expect it to remain that way. However, I need to pay a visit to the scrollmaster here in town and see if he has a particular one in stock..." Vethran scratches his chin thoughtfully and nods.

"Stow the polearm underneath my mattress for now... say, Illes, you don't suppose the Sczarnetti here in Sandpoint would be willing to buy the polearm off us for resale elsewhere do you? I'm sure they'd ask for a finder's fee or something in exchange, but it would save us the trouble of lugging this thing all over Avistan looking for a buyer while we're on the lamb."


Illes, Elisile and Vethran:

Spoiler:
Can I take it from the somewhat leisurely attitude and talk about going scroll shopping that you do not intend to chase after the others, despite their relative proximity?

Also, there is no way the Szarni in Sandpoint can afford the polearm for anything like it is worth. It is a small town, remember.

9,251 to 9,300 of 12,310 << first < prev | 181 | 182 | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.