Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


7,201 to 7,250 of 12,319 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>

HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

And I think the second group of ogres is up now


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Initiative:
Veth 20 : Cat's grace, Protection from arrows - +4 DEX, DR 10 vs missiles
Camlo 18 : Cat's grace - +4 DEX
Elisile 15+ : Cat's grace, Shield - +4 DEX, +4 AC
Hudak 15- : Bull's strength, Protection from evil, Heroism - +4 STR, +2 AC, +2 attack bonus
Alwyn 12 : Enlarge person, Heroism, Shield of faith - +2 atk, +3 AC, Large size
Ogres 11
Illes 4 : Alter self, Eagle's splendor - +2 STR, +4 CHA

That's the last posted Init. As far as I can tell, all Ogres are on the same Init...Not too sure why Alwyn went after Veth, except that Aubrey told hiom too. Readied action?....Correct me if I'm wrong.

Grand Lodge

Various ogres go on 17, 14, and 10

Aubrey wrote:

Revised initiative reprised:

Veth 20
Camlo 18
Masked ogre 17
Elisile 15+
Hudak 15-
Female ogre 14
Alwyn 12
More ogres 10
Illes 4


Alwyn cuts down the marked ogre and ends up drenched in its blood.

Alwyn can move if he wants to, but he will need to squeeze through the narrow door.


Nevynxxx wrote:
Aubrey, can camlo see the far side of the room with the Mage-Ogre? If so, what are the logistics of lobbing a fireball neckless part into it?

Yes. As far as I know, the logistics are that you simply through the bead.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
Nevynxxx wrote:
Aubrey, can camlo see the far side of the room with the Mage-Ogre? If so, what are the logistics of lobbing a fireball neckless part into it?
Yes. As far as I know, the logistics are that you simply through the bead.

So range touch attack to hit where I want? Scatter if I miss? With my nice high Dex... What I meant though, was will I be able to throw the orb far enough to get a 30ft blast, that doesn't hit any of my companions?

Actually, pitty I can't get into a position to sneak attack these beasties with +4Dex and Weapon Finesse :D, could someone make them flatfoooted and I'll get my crossbow out!


No ranged touch, it just works like the spell and requires no roll to hit. Unless you want to roll to hit, of course...


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:
No ranged touch, it just works like the spell and requires no roll to hit. Unless you want to roll to hit, of course...

LOL, well I should use this Dex for something :) I am beginning to get the feeling you don't want to tell me what will happen if I try though ;)


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

Alwyn cuts down the marked ogre and ends up drenched in its blood.

Alwyn can move if he wants to, but he will need to squeeze through the narrow door.

Huzzah! In that case, I move to FG 10-11.

Alwyn steps over Jaws' body and rumbles up to the sorceress.


AoO from Alwyn's movement from the ogre lady with a dagger.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8, crit confirm 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14, extra damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

No crit, then - 8 damage.

The two remaining ogre slugger continues flailing at Hudak.

Attack 1 on Hudak: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23, damage 2d8 + 7 ⇒ (2, 6) + 7 = 15

Illes.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Alwyn looks down on the cut and then back at the ogre sorceress, shaking his head. "Really? A dagger? If that was the best you can do, you're in serious trouble."


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

"I wish Dravite were here! He'd love this!!!" ;)


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Illes shouts "SIOPI!!!"* and brings both hands together in a loud clap to snuff out sound around the ogress.

Silence
Point in space: F-G/15-16. Hits the witch, stops just before Alwyn.
*Varisian for "Silence!!!"
Free action: Maintain Inspire Courage +3/+3


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Seeing his cousin's spell in effect, Vethran draws his wand of magic missiles and lashes out at the ogre the Shoanti have bloodied.

2d4 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6 damage to "Jaws."


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Sadly (or not! Ha!), Jaws is dead. However, the sorceress is still up, as is the ogre menacing Hudak. Also, I just changed my avatar, just to mix things up a little.


Illes Elandru wrote:

Illes shouts "SIOPI!!!"* and brings both hands together in a loud clap to snuff out sound around the ogress.

Silence
Point in space: F-G/15-16. Hits the witch, stops just before Alwyn.
*Varisian for "Silence!!!"
Free action: Maintain Inspire Courage +3/+3

Slight problem with the placing - F-G/15-16 isn't visible (and may be outside). F-G/14-15 is available, so we'll run with that.


Illes' spell brings a zone of hush that envelops both the ogre witch and Alwyn. Vethran's missiles make her yelp, though silently.

Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Camlo loads his crossbow, and takes aim at the only ogre he can see (not sure which it is Ogre3 on my map...)

Atk: 1d20+11+2(increased dex)+3(inspire courage) 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (8) + 16 = 24
Dmg: 1d3+1+3(inspire courage) 1d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Camlo's bolt lodges in the ogre's hide but it doesn't seem unduly concerned.

Elisile, then Hudak.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Isn’t ‘ogre 3’ (on Nevynxxx’s map) the one that Elisile finished off last round?

Elisile steps out of the side chamber and shoots through the doorway, trying to aim her electrically charged arrows past the enlarged Alwyn to hit the ogre magess.

5 foot step to G6, full attack with bow on the ogre in the pink dress. Rapid Shot. Amongst the various modifiers I’ve applied a -4 penalty for cover provided by Alwyn.
Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (3) = 15
Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29 Damage: 1d8 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (4) + 8 + (3) = 15


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

Hudak 5 foot step to I8.

attacking "ogre 3"
17 12 13

att 11d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31

damage 1
1d10 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

att 21d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

damage 2
1d10 + 13 ⇒ (6) + 13 = 19

then cleave "ogre 4" if posible;

att cleave1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18

dmg cleave1d10 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

fumbled m'cleave...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

*dot*


The two ogres (3 and 4) fighting Hudak are down - one killed by Elisile and one just killed by Hudak (with a little help from Camlo). That also means that Hudak can't cleave, unless he wants to attack a corpse.

Hudak downs another ogre. Elisile then fires on the ogress, hitting twice. The silenced sorceress attempts to move out of the line of fire and get to a place where she can cast a spell.

Don't have the map to hand, but she is moving to the north-west corner of the room she is in. This will provoke an AoO from Alwyn. Then, if she is still alive, she will cast a spell, but let's resolve the AoO first.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

yeah; Hudak'll hold off...


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

AoO: Attack roll 10+9+3(bard)+2(Heroism)=AC 24, damage 3d6+6(STR)+1(weapon)+3(bard)=22.


Wounded by Alwyn's reflexive attack, the ogre sorceress nevertheless makes it out of reach of both him and missiles from Elisile and Vethran. She quickly casts again.

She moves to B-C/9-10 and casts Confusion, centred on G-H/8-9. Will save DC 18. By my reckoning, that should catch Hudak and Alwyn.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

Will save 11+6+2(Heroism)=19.


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

wil save 1d20 ⇒ 10

*DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEErp!!!*
I'm confused. No way out of it.


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16

Ah well, Elisile’s none the wiser as to what spell that was.

"Vethran! Did you see what spell the ogress cast?"

Think Alwyn's up.


Male Human (Shoanti) Cleric 10

"Damn you, witch!" Alwyn charges the ogress.

I'm running up to her using Power Attack. Attack roll 11+9+3(bard)+2(Heroism)+2(charge)-2(Power Attack)=AC 25, damage 3d6+6(STR)+1(weapon)+3(bard)+6(PA)=29.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34 to ID the spell, assuming I can't just yell out "the same one as before!"


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

If I understood the map right when I looked yesterday, only Alwyn and Hudak can see her now. Also the shoanti bros are in my silence area so they don't get inspire courage for now. I'll drop it on my turn, but it will take my action.


Alwyn hits the ogress again. She looks badly wounded. She lashes out at the Shoanti as he hurls himself towards he but her blow glances off his armour.

Illes - is dropping your spell your action?


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Yes. Drop silence and maintain Inspire Courage +3/+3. btw- none of these ogres were the captain or whatever we saw outside when we were trying to sneak in are they?
Also move 25 ft to G10


No.

Vethran.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9

Vethran rushes back down the hallway in order to bring the remaining ogres into view. (Move to F7.)

Looking over Hudak's shoulder at the pair of ogres, Vethran focuses his energy into a fiery burst that engulfs them both. (Fiery Burst, hitting J-K/7-8. 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 6) = 17 fire damage, DC 22 for half.)


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Fate, I think those two ogres are down. Unless you are intending to fry their corpses ...


Yeah, what is this thing for corpse-desecration that you guys are suddenly into?


Female Elf Wizard (Transmuter) 6 / Ranger 1 / Eldritch Knight 2

Must be something about playing a Nick Logue adventure.


Male Human (Varisian) Wizard (Evoker) 9
Elisile Starbrow wrote:
Must be something about playing a Nick Logue adventure.

D'oh. I move to H7 then and fry the sorceress. I think I can see her from there.


Reflex save: 1d20 ⇒ 8

The ogress howls as she burns.

Camlo.


Still waiting for Camlo.


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

Bugger, thought I'd replied. Will do by the end of the day.


Dravite:

Spoiler:
It is over and done. In the way of the dwarves, nothing more need be spoken of it. Friends would not enquire, and anyone else does not need to know. Now Dravite has dealt with his "personal matter", he is ready to rejoin his companions.

Dravite tracked them back to Turtleback Ferry, the town marking the furthest flung outpost of the city-state of Magnimar. He heard how they had rooted out a nest of depraved ogrekin and rescued a group of rangers. But in doing so, they discovered far worse news - Fort Rannick, the rangers' base, hade been overrun by the ogres of Hook Mountain. That left Turtleback Ferry and the remaining lands defenceless should the ogres attentions turn westward down the Skull River.

Ogres. Clearly, there is hooking to be done.

So Hudak, Alwyn, Elilse, Illes and Vethran has set out just two day before, and Dravite followed the hoof-tracks from the back of the sturdy pony he borrowed. He found their camp, the horses tethered but empty of heroes. He left his own mount and continued on, soon spying Fort Rannick in the distance.

[ooc]Not sure how much you have read to catch up. There is a sort of overview map a few pages back of the fort. Up to you what you want to do next.


Male Dwarf Ranger/7 XP- 35674

Can someone link the overview map of the fort for me? I can't seem to find it...
For Aubrey=

Spoiler:
Didn't need to borrow a pony, I gotz Crag! He's my mule and steadfast companion!;P


Male Halfling Rogue/10 AC:23 HP:80{83} Dravite

All the maps I've drawn so far....

I've kind of lost track of everyone though. I'll trawl through and update the map if I get chance tomorrow, if the combat isn't over by then!
As far as I can tell, the witch-ogre is the only one left? Camlo will move to H7 and attempt to crossbow her then...Assuming noone is stood there, and that I can see her from there. Feel free to correct the details Aub.

Camlo moves to shoot the sorceror with his crossbow.

Atk: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Dmg: 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
+4d6 + 4 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 1) + 4 = 19 if she happens to be flatfooted and within 30ft...


male Human Shoanti Fighter 10 xp 79042

dot


HP 68/68, AC 21, T 12, FF 19, CMD 19 Performance 30/30

Since Camlo went and the masked ogre is down it should be Elisile next far as I can tell.

7,201 to 7,250 of 12,319 << first < prev | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | 144 | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Rise of the Runelords campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.