Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign - The Unbinding

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


5,051 to 5,100 of 5,222 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>

Male Cold Sun Lizardfolk HP 75/75, AC 18 Humanoid 2/ Warlord (Steelfist Commando) 4 // Marshal 1

inside:
Though he had remained quiet through most of the discussion, the Cold Sun's eyes shift rapidly as the creatures assume the forms of dragons.
"I am not pleased to align myself with one who speaks so lightly of torture, nor am I convinced that your shapeshifting powers prove you are who you claim. Nonetheless, if you can win the support of my comrades, then you will have mine as well, for I promised to aid them for as long as my chief permits me. "


Inside:

Spoiler:
Rilik sighs and Shanquo laughs. "I had hoped that you would offer more insight, understand the gravity of the situation and offer assistance, as it is in your own interests," says Rilik, "But I suppose it would be too much to expect you to suppress your mercenary instincts. But on the other hand, I suppose it makes you easier to motivate - no need to stroke your egos like some of your colleagues.

"Our hosts have kindly offered to allow us to use their city and make use of its facilities." High Priest Ulramis nods. Rilik continues, "I suggest you relax and recuperate for a few days, given the rigours of your sojourn in the Qbarran jungle.

"Then you should head for Regalport. The airship can take you there. Our only real lead at the moment is Grinnersen. We need to determine who hired his men and what are their plans. Though you have demonstrated your resourcefulness in the face of privation, you will be re-equipped so you do not have to go to battle wielding toothpicks again."

"Please provide us with a list of your requirements," says Ulramis, "We will try and provide you with what you need."

"I trust you can bring your absent colleagues on board. Any questions?"


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 54 /54 HP; Fort +4 Reflex +9 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

Inside:
Rehil stands silently beside Cole through out the conversation. He stiffens when Nalverren begins to discuss the visions, but makes no objection. He relaxes as Rilik closes the meeting, but stiffens again at the mention of Regalport. The subject of equipment leads him to break his silence.

"Bokehn gave us good gear when we left Pooma's village, and you seem to know more about the enemies we will encounter than we do. What gear should we ask for?"


Inside:

Spoiler:
"You will probably have to infiltrate a magically-savvy mercenary band in some way. But there are multiple ways to skin that cat. I leave it to your discretion."


HP 85/85 Temp 0 :: AC 24 CMD 21 :: Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 :: Conditions: none

Inside:
"Does anyone know how they recruit? It seems unlikely an outfit with their reputation would easily welcome soldiers-for-hire."

He considers the question of gear, "Nalverren has been planning to see to some of our own equipment needs. Do you have workshops and possibly some assistants who could aid him?"


Inside:

Spoiler:
"Yes, we can provide workshops and other facilities," says Ulramis.

"We know that the mercenaries take warforged," says Shanquo pointedly to Cole.


HP 85/85 Temp 0 :: AC 24 CMD 21 :: Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 :: Conditions: none

Inside:
Cole gives a grunted laugh, "Yes, we do." He turns, so his comment includes their host as well as his group, "I guess my concern is two-fold. First, do we need to have some kind of cover story or military letter of recommendation or anything? And second, will they recognize us? Do we need to have ourselves altered somehow?"


Inside:

Spoiler:
"Some sort of disguise might be sensible," says Shanquo, "Although if you had spent weeks in the Qbarran jungle when the mercenaries encountered you, probably a wash and a shave would suffice to render you unrecognisable."

"The thing most likely to cause you to be rumbled would be your little necromancer's bony friend," adds Rilik, "Most people prefer not to linger with the undead if they can avoid it, and it's a fairly obvious calling card. If you can disguise or hide it, that would help." He looks critically at the two lizardfolk. "You two might stand out as well, although lizardfolk are not completely unknown in the Principalities. I doubt most mammals would recognise you individually as such, they might realise the Qbarran connection. Not to mention Old Four-Arms..."

"We have magic we use to hide our true appearance when we go abroad," says Leshlec, "We can provide you with some of these items."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

inside:
"That'd be a good start. To join mercenaries, we would need better weapons and armor than the crap we've scrounged, for sure. Wands would be of particular use as well."


Inside:

Spoiler:
"You will be provided with what you need."

We won't haggle for gear through roleplaying. Once you get out of there I will give you the details of how it works.

Is that all you want to say?


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

inside:
as far as Nalverren is concerned, he has said all he needed to. i'd like to reunite the party groups so we are out of spoilers, get on with the crafting, see if Bokehn has anything else to say to me/us, and move on with what we are doing. well, now that i am typing as i think, i have a new question

"So we are to infiltrate this group of magical mercenaries. To what end? Feed intel to you? Dismantle them?"


Inside:

Spoiler:
"We need to find out who hired them. We need to trace back the network that performed the experiment in Da'sheth and close them down."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

inside:
"I see. Then we report back here? Or will there be a handler in our vicinity?"


Inside:

Spoiler:
"Bokehn will travel with you and be our point of contact."

If you have any more questions please ask them now, otherwise we will move on. I'm conscious that Tal and Wultram have been outside with nothing much to do for a while.


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

inside:
that's it. i wanna get us reunited quickly as well


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 54 /54 HP; Fort +4 Reflex +9 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

inside:
Rehil stays quiet. When Nalverren's ready to go, Rehil's ready.


With the conference over, the group inside rejoin the party members cooling their heels on the boulevard outside.

Back together again. 500xp each


For the benefit of those who stormed out of the meeting, the evil depraved types inside have agreed to equip the party. Please see the Discussion thread and hold those discussions there.


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Once the others rejoin Tal and Wultram, he bows to the child, and excuses himself and his companions, thanking her for her time.

He motions his head to a large open area nearby, and once they are all isolated he huffs. "So, we found out the smarmy ones were dragons, if I'd known, I'd have tried even harder to insult them. Knowing they are dragons, I'm assuming that as soon as I left, their egos went even further out of control, and they began to let more slip than they would have otherwise." He chuffs in amusement. "It is good to know that some things don't change, anything less than an Ancient Dragon has a built in weakness, their own ego. So, what machinations are they after? I'm sure they insulted you, and us, and then explained how they were much smarter than all of us, claimed some honor that an ancestor did since they haven't actually done anything important, and then bribed you to do their bidding?"


Sounds like I didn't need to bother with spoilers.


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Just educated guess on my part, didn't read them. You played them smarmy and egotistical. Figured they got worse after they got Tal to leave. The bribe bit I did get from the discussion post, so maybe should have left that out.


No worries, I didn't assume you had read it. They actually got slightly better after you left. Well, a bit worse, then a bit better.


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Well, of course they got better, they finally got around to bribes, and it's hard to get someone to take bribes if you're still insulting them. :)


Of course, now Tal has a moral quandary - will he take the bribes? I look forward to that one being roleplayed.


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Considering he used to work for the Dragons, he may be more flexible than most on that. Especially since he didn't agree to do anything for them. :) So if they give him something, he has no moral obligation to do anything they want.


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"They were fine." Nalverren states. "Pretty much none of that happened except for the 'bribe' part I guess. Though I don't know about you, but when someone asks me to do something I expect recompense. Since they didn't ask me to do anything I wouldn't already do, I consider it payment. They asked us to infiltrate the group responsible for Da'Sheth and trace them back to who hired them, then shut them down."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

"They want something else, dragons never tell you the whole truth, even the honorable ones." Tal warns. "Also assume they may decide you are a loose scale in one of their machinations. Unless you know who they are, and know their outlook on others."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"That's just another Zol for me, friend."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Tal nods, and looks up at the sky. "Well, two things. One, there is a dragon prophecy in the chasm, which is mildly dangerous to visit. Companion Wultrum and I were thinking we should go visit it, as we may get some insight into what the dragons want. However, given it is dangerous, we thought it would be best to take you all along with us so there is someone slower than us should we need to run away from anything." He chuffs in amusement. "Seriously, it could be of use to us. And I suspect we'll need to some time for the bribes to arrive."

Then he sighs. "And two... Does anyone know what happened to the moon that's missing? I've been looking for weeks and it's just gone..."


"I meant what I said back there. I have no intention on working with or for these people. And I seriously doubt anything comes without strings attached. Even if I can disregard my dislike for such waste of sentience as them, I gave them 3 chances to comply to something that would not have cost them anything, combined with their actions before we even met it means that these people are idiotic or at least incompetent and I most certainly do not want an idiot influencing my actions when my existence is at stake."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Tal chuffs. "Odd that we agree on so much while disagreeing on so much."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"Incompetent? Incompetent people don't tend to have their own utopia put together in the depths of a chasm protected by locale and distance, and perhaps magic, from the outside world. As for desires, name me someone who does something for nothing and I will show you a damn liar. Honestly, for people as intelligent as you two are, you are acting rather petulant." Nalverren says, his tone that of surprise rather than of admonishment.


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

"This isn't their city, Nalverren, they just barged in and showed their true forms and impressed the locals and talked them into letting them work out of this place." Tal corrects Nalverren. "And as to being childish, if you mean my earlier insulting of them, that was intentional to push them and see what they were going to do. Based on their actions, and their lies, I see no reason you would trust them to do anything more than use you like a tool and discard you the first moment you become less than useful."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"Your tone is most amusing, especially when paired with your words" Nalverren responds, mimicking the tone used with him. "It doesn't matter if it was their city, it is now. And regarding your tone, and that of Wultram, I refer to your sulking and refusing to see the bigger picture. I don't care that you insulted them, they aren't my friends and insulting them caused me no harm. We agree in one thing, I do not trust them to do more than use me like a tool and discard me when I become less than useful. That is the life I lead. I monetize my utility, I don't give it away for free to some being claiming divinity."

Nalverren chuckles.

"What are you gonna do, take your toys and go home? Go play the hero, saving damsels and rescuing pets from trees and pretend Da'Sheth never happened? Is your desire to do good in the world so little that you would rather ignore it than see it done while being paid by someone you despise?" He pauses a moment. "You know what happened at Da'Sheth was wrong. You know you should be working towards setting it right. If the payment insults you, gladly tell them that your share can go to me. I'm not too good for money. If it's the employer that insults you, then you aren't willing to do what is right for free. Think on that. If you agree, let me know and I will have them give me your share."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

"I never said I was not going to do what I need to do. I simply question the wisdom of letting dragons, whose purpose and hidden desires we do not know, become involved. For all we know, they wish to find out how to replicate what happened at Da'Sheth. Or they were responsible and now that we've survived, they are trying to figure out how. Or they are competitors with those who caused Da'Sheth. Blindly following their lead is as foolish as ignoring what happened. They have shown they cannot be trusted. It would be one thing if someone approached us openly and wanted to help us, but even then, I would be suspicious. Trust is earned, not given. And these have done nothing to earn it, and everything to lose it. Your assumptions are feeble. If you wish to take the Dragon Gold, by all means, take as much as you want. But I warn you, once you take a Dragon's gold, you are the Dragon's Property. Until you die... and even thereafter..." He taps his armor. "Even death cannot prevent the demands of an oath to a Dragon from demanding your soul. Think on that before you become so eager to be the property of those."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"Telling me I get to live again after I die doesn't exactly dissuade me, hah!"

"Anyway, I don't actually care about doing good. I care about being paid. Good and evil both existed before me and will exist after me. They both have money; one takes it and the other has the masses all too willing to donate. Who wins is not my worry, as neither ever truly will. I might as well get paid for my trouble. You sound like you'd be suspicious of your own mother, so your suspicions, given so freely, mean little to me. You are basing your worldviews off of your previous life centuries ago. Eberron's a dynamic place, a lot of what you knew doesn't apply."

"But don't be so sulky, I don't actually trust them. In my line of work, trust is rarely even earned, much less given. Even when earned, it is only so in small measures."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Tal shakes his head. "I'm not sulky, I fully expected you to take gold over common sense." He chuffs. "I am just making sure that I can tell you that I warned you later." He chuffs again.


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"Fair enough," Nalverren laughs, "Though, to date, the only thing that has made me experience regret is trekking through that jungle."


Male Lizardfolk, Humanoid 2 Slayer 3 HP 57/57, AC:17/12/15, Fort:+9/Ref:+5/Will:+3 CMD: 20, Init+2, Perc+10

Ashshar kept his fangs shut during the whole meeting, briefing and arguing.

The others were, perhaps, too focused on their own debate to notice it but his silence wasn't born from his usual distrust of civilization nor from his shyness.

He was fascinated by the 'serpentfolk' and later on by the actual dragon. A dragon that decided he and the others were so important as to betray his facade and show himself as he truly was.

Ashshar fondly remembered the tribe's stories of legendary hunters, chiefs and warriors. All of them paled in comparison with the bigger picture that the Chamber members presented them.

As the group gathered again, the lizardfolk stood ever silent, deep inside his introspection. That's it, until he spoke.

"I will help them." he atarted, his words trembling "They... they may have betrayed our trusst, and I don't think they told uss everything there iss... but I will help them."

"I am not a hero like Cole Bane of the Devourer and neither I am intelligent like Nalverren or Wultram... but I will help them anyway becaussse I can't return to my tribe knowing I could help sssave the world and refussed becaussse I wass treated wrongly. The deception paless in comparisson with the importance of the tassk."

"I will help them..." he finishes, moatly to himself.

I have finally caught up. In the end it had been 88 posts which I thought shortish but were long as all hell. Once again sorry for my absence


Male elf Rogue 3, Ranger 3, Mythic Trickster 1 Init +4 Percept 11+ SenseMotive +1 54 /54 HP; Fort +4 Reflex +9 (+1 v Traps)(no damage on saves?) Will +3 ( immune to magic sleep, +2 v enchantment) ; AC 20, touch 16, flat-footed 14 (+1 v Traps, +10 surgepoint)

"Take their gear, and do what we need to stop another Da'Sheth, but remember the prophecy warned that some were seeking to do good, but were actually going to ruin. Tal is right that we must not blindly follow the dragons."

"If you want to go into the pit, I will too."

mdt had a good point about the dragons tracing us via the gear they provide, but Rehil's not one to realize that's a possibility.


Curses of having to go to work. Prepare for incoming wall of text. Conqueror is a board game roughly translating to chess but pieces have not been named to my knowledge so I used a pawn from chess.

Wultram allows the conversation to go on before adressing Nalverren. "You have weird definition of utopia. Safe I grant, but you need much more than hiding in a hole to meet my definition. And as Tal noted it was not accomplished by them. I would hazard to guess that at minimum this was founded during the dragons parents time, and more likely earlier than that. And kings and queens hold plenty of cities, last war showed me plenty of incompetence from them."

"And as I said while I do certainly despise them, my decision stems from logic. I am not content to be pawn in conqueror as you seem to be, I much prefer to be moving the pieces myself. Much less so under a bad player. I am not ashamed of the fact that I am a mercenary, but a mercenary who chooses their employer just based on the size of their purse tends to sooner rather than later be on the losing side of a battle. Still do tell what was their terms. Perhaps they promised their bodies to me in their will then I might start considering just out of spite."

The mage then regards Ashshar. "You are making the assumption that a single word spoken there was true. Now I am inclined to solve this issue and was of that mind even before our arrival. Now if the matter of seals is true, I certainly have plenty insentive enough to work against them. As much as I loathe elves..." He turns to Rehil. "Not you or kind." And back to the lizardfolk. "as neighbours, even they are preferable to fiends. Still I demand iron clad proof to even consider going by their information."

"So they promissed equipment? And why should we trust them not to plant cursed items or items designed for spying? Perhaps something to get rid of us as soon as our usefulness is less than threath. I can with enough time reveal most of such tactics, but it would be arrogant of me to belive that they could not have a contact that is a lot more skilled than myself."


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

"Companion Wultrum is correct. If you take their gear, be aware that they can likely trace you with it. Scrying on you, or using it to find you if they want to eliminate you. In the war, high ranking officers were all marked by senior wizards so they could be tracked if need be." Tal warns Rehil and those taking the equipment. "I do not think the arcane marks would survive Companion Nalverren's process of disassembly though, so if you do take equipment from the dragons, I would suggest that you have him slowly dismantle all equipment and rebuild it as quickly as he is able. Even if it slows us slightly, it might be worth it in the long run."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*

"Being on the losing side builds character. Makes you work harder and be a better version of yourself, or you die. And yeah we will take precautions with the gear, you all are right to be cautious."


HP 85/85 Temp 0 :: AC 24 CMD 21 :: Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 :: Conditions: none

Cole’s head bounces back and forth, following the conversation. Frankly, this whole engagement was above his rank, and Cole found himself hoping to hear something promising among the points made by his teammates.

Tal wrote:
” Trust is earned, not given.”

The big warforged cocks his head, “How can that be true? Any creature of free will decides who and what it trusts. Otherwise, it doesn’t have free will, does it?”

Ashshar wrote:
"I am not a hero like Cole Bane of the Devourer and …”

At this, Cole’s head whips around. He says nothing, but it’s obvious the big ‘forged doesn’t consider himself to measure up to Ashshar’s words.

Not finding either side of the debate fully swaying, Cole finally weighs in. “I don’t know dragons, demons, or Dust Lords. What I know is I feel the weight of our task pressing down on me; I don’t think we have time on our side. And I don’t want to confront enemies with this much experience without as many advantages as possible,” He taps his warmaul, “including battle provisions.”

He looks to Nalverren, holding up a thick finger, “One. Given our timetable, can you actually strip down and re-construct any gear they give us enough time to use it? And is that something you’re actually interested in doing?”

He looks to the group at large, his second finger joining the first. “Two. Our hosts suggested we go to Regalport to track down one of our leads. The leader of this group of arcane-warriors. Is that our next step? I think it’s our strongest lead without taking more time to go do our own research. But again, time is an issue.”

He looks to Tal’Va’Nocht, raising his thumb (his last finger on one hand) to complete his count. “And three.” His tone lightens, “Who is it that you think you can outrun, friend? But seriously, I am happy to help investigate the pit.”


Male Kasatha
Stats:
AC 23(21)/15/18 | CMD 20 | Fort/Ref/Will 10/10/13 | Init 3
Skills:
Diplomacy 10, Hand Animal 9, Heal 6, Perception 11, Sense Motive 6, Stealth 8, Spellcraft 4, Kn(Arcana/Dungeon/Religion/Nature/Planes) 4
Oracle(Enlightened) 3/Paladin (Hospitaler) 3

Tal turns to the construct. "Trust that is given without thought or reason is less than worthless. It is dangerous, for it gives one who has not shown they are trustworthy the same deference that one who has proved themselves, meaning that an enemy can infiltrate your number and disrupt your allies because you foolishly trusted them without reason. This is not to say that everyone must be instantly treated as an enemy, it means you must judge people based on their words and actions, and be judicious in how much trust you put into them until you have tested their trustworthyness. It means that it is unreasonable to expect someone to trust you until you have proven yourself. I do not expect anyone here to trust me because I say they should. I hope they will do so after they have heard my words, observed my actions, and considered it thoughtfully." He looks curious. "What are 'dust lords'?"

When Cole turns light, Tal chuffs in amusement. "I expect to outrun the skeleton to be honest..."


HP 85/85 Temp 0 :: AC 24 CMD 21 :: Fort +10 Ref +5 Will +8 :: Conditions: none

"I didn't say you should trust lightly. I just don't agree with what you originally said. No one can earn my trust without me giving it to them."

At mention of dust lords, Cole turns to open the question to the group, "If I followed the conversation well enough," his tone indicates he thinks it's likely he's missed something, "that is who our hosts believe we oppose. An old foe, to hear them tell it, who wish to break the seals on their prison to rise up and run rampant on Eberron." He pauses considering, "They didn't sound pleasant."


Wultram smirks a bit. "You would do well to read up on the last war and learn one of the primary advantages that undead troops have." The mage is now a bit more relaxed getting out of the confrontational mindset that the meeting had left him in. "I still have not heard their proposal that some of you seem so keen on following. I seriously doubt it was, here have some free gear and here is a clue we discovered and while you are at it visit this house of pleasure with the finest women from five kingdoms, put it on our tab. We expect nothing in turn. Even they aren't dumb enough to think we would buy that level of deceit."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*
Cole. wrote:
He looks to Nalverren, holding up a thick finger, “One. Given our timetable, can you actually strip down and re-construct any gear they give us enough time to use it? And is that something you’re actually interested in doing?”

"If we take their items, which I will, I almost certainly will not have time to break it down and reconstruct it before departure, and even working on it with maximum effort would likely not allow for it to be done even before our arrival in Regalport. It is a threat we will have to stomach, though, in my opinion. As for interest in doing so, yes, I am."

"As for all this talk of trust. I don't always think actions can be the metric for trust. After all, people are people, they will deceive if they need to. I've deceived people in the past, yet I am trustworthy. Deceit is often necessary to protect oneself, or others."


Brelish Human DM plot-hurrying turtle god fight Rogue 1 / Artificer 5 // Mythic Genius 1 ||HP: 52/52; AC 18; F:+3; R:+7; W:+4*; Init +3, Perception +13*
Wultram wrote:
Wultram smirks a bit. "You would do well to read up on the last war and learn one of the primary advantages that undead troops have." The mage is now a bit more relaxed getting out of the confrontational mindset that the meeting had left him in. "I still have not heard their proposal that some of you seem so keen on following. I seriously doubt it was, here have some free gear and here is a clue we discovered and while you are at it visit this house of pleasure with the finest women from five kingdoms, put it on our tab. We expect nothing in turn. Even they aren't dumb enough to think we would buy that level of deceit."

"Honestly, I don't have a problem with undead. Magic is magic. I haven't awakened to its claws at my throat, and as long as it stays that way, it's fine with me. As for these insidious great wyrms so bored that they play with any motley group they come across, they want us to infiltrate the group that caused Da'Sheth and put an end to them. The group wasn't exactly kind to us so I don't mind. The skeleton might be hard to disguise, same with the four-armed knight. Mundane AND magical disguises are in order. Simple deceit," he says, stopping just shy of winking at the kasatha, "goes a long way."

if I am forgetting details, let me know (those in the know/GM). Nalverren isn't intentionally omitting things here.

5,051 to 5,100 of 5,222 << first < prev | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Other Eberron Campaign - The Unbinding All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.