Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


14,951 to 15,000 of 17,019 << first < prev | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | next > last >>

57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

"We need a place to meet. I might be able to investigate with one of you along, but with this crowd standing by, no one's going to tell me anything."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Not so fast...

Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

The party head towards Tavick's Landing.

OK, going through Grannt's files will have taken several hours so it is now the early afternoon. How are you going about finding Jeeboo?

"Before we head to Tavick's Landing, we should probably visit the City Watch. The goblin might have a criminal record, or he might be someone's known associate. Their info might be more recent, if Grannt abandoned his search immediately after the cataclysm in Cyre."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

"Good suggestion. I will take this to Miss Gort, then we can leave." Gil-Matilda will seek out Miss Gort and hand her the bag of coin. She will not hand over the dagger.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Maybe more of us can go with you, Gil, under invisibility;....just a thought."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

She looks skeptical. "Better that you observe from a distance - I'd have to make you invisible and silent both. And hide your footprints."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Just a thought."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

;-)


OK, so what's the plan.


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Gil is going to reshape as a goblin and start working her Diplomacy for Gather Info to find Jeeboo in Tavick's Landing. That typically takes 1d4 hours during which Rodergo and Janosz can speak to the Sharn Watch then meet the rest of us in a bar one of us might recall near the lightning rail. While she works her way around Tavick's Landing Ez will keep an eye on her via Chain of Eyes allowing him to flip back and forth between his own perspective and hers. Good for 11 hours. If she gets into trouble he can D-Door everyone in to the rescue.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Hey Gil, don't forget to look for that other goblin, Gral Muut, too. He might have some interesting info as well." Janosz picks his gear up and moves towards the exit. "Tag along, Rod. Maybe your buddy Croake is on duty tonight?"


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred
Ezreal Farlowe wrote:
Gil is going to reshape as a goblin and start working her Diplomacy for Gather Info to find Jeeboo in Tavick's Landing. That typically takes 1d4 hours during which Rodergo and Janosz can speak to the Sharn Watch then meet the rest of us in a bar one of us might recall near the lightning rail. While she works her way around Tavick's Landing Ez will keep an eye on her via Chain of Eyes allowing him to flip back and forth between his own perspective and hers. Good for 11 hours. If she gets into trouble he can D-Door everyone in to the rescue.

That's what I was thinking with some nagging details accounted for. One thing, I can shape to a goblin, but my gear does not change size, only appearance, so I was thinking hobgoblin instead. Would that still work?


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Sure, why not? You are a goblinoid looking to fence something hot that fell into your lap and have heard Jeeboo is the kind of guy who gets results.


You were at a bar in Tavick's Landing called the Alcohol Elemental a while back - you can meet there.

Janosz and Rodergo:

Spoiler:
It is a relatively short distance to the Daggerwatch garrison, and soon Janosz and Rodergo are back in the familiar whitewashed corridors. They ask to see Croke, and after a suitably humiliating pause they finally get in to the Ispector's office. He appears tyically delighted to see them.

"Yes," he grates, "What do you want now?"

Heathy will be away so Vatters you can use his skills as well as your own as you see fit.

Gil and everyone else:

Spoiler:
How are you going about this? Gil is in hobgoblin form abd being surveilled by Ez but, other than that, what's the plan?


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

I'm taking off tomorrow; probably,........long story.....

Spoiler:

"We're looking for a goblin named Jeebo in Tavick's Landing. A.....fence, or some other such sundry occupation. Wondering what we could gather about him from you; whereabouts, mainly."

1d20 + 16 ⇒ (13) + 16 = 29 diplomacy


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

having no particular investigative skill, Nevharath will stick with the others so he wont be suspicious or in the way, however...

Nevharath turns to Gil, "If you are willing, i could forge a telepathic bond with you so that if you need us to rush over to save you we could be alerted silently."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

She eyes him for a moment. "Interesting idea. Would you see through my eyes, too? Or hear what I'm thinking when I'm not trying to talk to you? How exactly would this work?"

[ooc]Excellent idea - in light of a certain other game, I'm all for multiple methods of keeping tabs on her.[ooc]


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

"No, I wouldn't be able to read your thoughts with the mind link. It is just like talking to me, except at a distance, and your mouth doesn't move, and there is no audible sound. You must consciously think of what you want to say and that you want to say it to me specifically. Also when you receive a message from me, you might see a phantom image of me. Don't worry, it's all in your mind."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

itll last about an hour so plan accordingly as far as when i should use it... dunno if that affects its utility in this situation


Spoilers, please.

Not Rod and Janosz:

Spoiler:
OK, so are you planning on just doing the gather info Diplomacy checks or are you following up any leads? Whether the Mind Link works is probably dependent on that, partly.

Rod and Janosz:

Spoiler:
Sense Motive checks.

"Why, what's he done?"


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Those who are not Rod or Janosz:
Follow-up questions, sure, but not planning to over-extend and pursue unless I'm very confident that it's safe to do so. And I'm not against coming back to an unwilling informant with a bribe and a charm person spell. I might check them out with detect magic for protection spells first, given the chance.


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Tavick's Crew:

Spoiler:

At the Alcohol Elemental the gang gathers in a corner booth to lay out their plans.

Ezreal nods. "Good idea Nevharath. My connection will last much longer, but is visual only. Speaking of that..." Ezreal begins casting and forges the link between him and Gil. "If Nevharath's connection has expired and you need to convey something back to us, you can always write it down. I will read it as you write. One more thing you should know- if you want to pass my link on to someone else to see what they say or do after you leave, we can do that. You would need to touch them and I would have to know that you wanted me to follow them. There is a chance it might not work and either way it will completely end my connection with you if I try to move to another."

"Now- we do know that Gral Muut was Grannt's contact here. Better to start with him over at the Blue Sun Shipping Company. Once you start asking strangers about Jeeboo things may get tricky. The goblin has dealings with the Cult of the Dragon below if he isn't a member himself. There is a possibility that word gets back to him once you first mention his name. So Gral first. If he can't help, then take up your ruse. Have you decided what you are trying to fence?"


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

Bar Flies:

"Also, I have magical clothing that can disguise me if you need someone to come along. I am not particularly skilled at deception though so I don't know if that would be more of a hindrance. The option is there though. Your choice. Either way I will forge the mind link right before you set out."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Rod and Janosz:

Spoiler:
Sense motive Janosz 12+10=22. Sense motive Rod 13+18=31.

"Done? Dunno. That's why we're here talking to you. He's a goblin fence who has connections to the cults of the Dragon Below", Janosz growls, his face twisting in distaste. "He's also an associate of a person we're looking for. D'ya have any info on the wretch? Throw us a bone, and we'll get him off the street for you."


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Tavick's Landing:
"Hmm... You would not need to change yourself a lot - as long as you are not you. It would not be unheard of for a hobgoblin to be working with someone of a different race. Can it change your face and height, or just your clothing? What of your weapon and armor?"


Bar People:
"My people have a reputation as mercenaries. It would not be uncommon for a Valenar to be working with a hobgoblin.... though I may be recognized for who I am more specifically," he looks to Gil. "If you have any magics which might obscure my features, I could travel at your side as well... in case things get out of hand. Otherwise, I will remain here."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

slovenly drunkards:

I can change the way I look. As you can see, I carry no weapon. I can change the look of my armor with it, but the sounds of the armor can still be heard so my appearance should include armor if I am wearing armor. If need be, I can take the armor off.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

The adventurers walk into a bar...:
"Actually, warrior, that's a good point. I do have a spell that I've only recently gained the ability to cast. I could include several of us with it. Our new friend has a valid point - the sound of gear would be present, so the guise would need to include such gear. We cannot disguise your fantastic sword if it leaves your possession, so it would be better to make sure you do not need to part with it. And of course, all this could be spoiled by a sufficiently paranoid Mage with the right preparations." She rubs her temples, an in intended imitation of the Karrnathi mage.


Beer-swillers:
"If Falla Caesenri leaves my possession, it is because I am dead, changeling. Do not worry about that part." The elf's tone bears no small amount of severity, his brow furrowing slightly.


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

so what's up with the dracolich in the corner of this bar?:

"So what is the plan, investigator? Also, might i get a look at that dagger if you still have it? I only just remembered that i should observe it more closely for psychic imprints"


Rod and Janosz:

Spoiler:
Rodergo notices that Croke reacts visibly to Jeeboo's name, though he quickly conceals it. "Never heard of him. And even if I had, taking scum off the streets is my job, not yours."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Non-drinkers:

Spoiler:
"Aw, c'mon, Croke." Janosz tries to be friendly. "It's not like we're going to kill him or anything like that. All we want is a friendly chat."

"Are you sure you don't know him?" Rodergo zooms in on Croke, eyes intent. "It is a rather common name, and there must be many, many goblins in Sharn's seedy underbelly..."

Rod powers up his Detect thoughts ability. Is there a save? Diplomacy 12+16=28 to keep the cops (and especially Croke) talking.


Jan and Rod:

Spoiler:
Will save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15. I imagine that's a fail.

"Like that friendly chat on the lightning rail? It days for my men to pick all the bits of gnoll off the tracks. You lot are trouble. I'm not going to assist you in your crazy, and usually illegal, antics."

Rod picks up the stray thoughts.... Jeeboo, how did they get his name....? need to eliminate....


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Sharn PD Blues:

Spoiler:
"Apples and oranges, Croke. That was a underhanded, cowardly ambush by the Dassk and can in no way be compared with us having a little chat with a known, though undoubtedly physically harmless, criminal." Rodergo is shaking his head in an exaggerated more-in-sorrow-than-anger gesture, smiling affably while maintaining his stare at the Watch sergeant. "You know by now that we are men of strong principles and peaceful intentions. In fact, I can personally guarantee that no loose body parts will be appearing anywhere as a result of us having an amicable conversation with the goblin Jeeboo."

"We did the city a ton of good by knocking off that bunch of thugs, anyway", Janosz grumbles. "You can't be arguing that self-defense is illegal now?"

Janosz does the grumpy tough-guy routine (which isn't much of an act for him) while Rod keeps up his mind-reading thing while feeding the Watch guys a steady stream of blather (again, not much of an act). It looks like the mind-reading DC should be 17; on the second round of the spell, Rod'll pick up more thoughts and an idea of the INT scores of the Watch officers.


Janosz & Rod:

Spoiler:
Try a Bluff check. To be honest, you've kind-of got the 3rd round stuff already. Not sure the rest has much bearing, but Croke's INT comes in at about 14.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

At the bar:
Holding up a hand to calm the elf, Gil-Matilda says, "That is part of my point. We may not be allowed to carry weapons openly to speak to a contact. We would either need to leave the sword or you outside. I just want to make sure we are aware of that possibility now. I have no desire for you to part ways with that weapon. I want to know you are nearby with it close at hand."

I assume we are in the public room. She looks around the room surreptitiously to see if anyone is paying undue attention to their little meeting. "This might not be the best place to conduct such an investigation, my friend. Perhaps we can find a more private option." Would this establishment have a semi-private area we could use for a short time?

I could cast Seeming on up to five people. I would not need it for myself.


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Bar Flies:

Spoiler:
Ezreal shakes his head. "Too many strangers asking questions may spook Gral or Jeeboo. No more than two. We do not want to look like enforcers for a local gang or some aggrieved party looking for vengeance. If Gil finds herself in trouble, we will be there in the snap of a finger. All of us. Gil- if you would feel more comfortable with someone at your back then by all means take someone."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

At the Big House:

Spoiler:
We're both worthless at Bluff... Bluff (untrained) for Rod 13+3=16. Aid Another from Janosz (again, untrained) 11-1=10. So the total comes out to 18.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Tavick's Landing:
"True. Nevharath, you'll come with me. Use your magic to roughen up your appearance, change your nose, little things like that. Give them something to focus on that's not real - like a scar that runs right here." She traces a finger down from above his ear to his jawline and forward.

She should auto-succeed on an attempt to aid another with Disguise.

Looking at the mage, she says, "My friend Darath here and I have been to the Mournland, wicked place that it is, following rumors of lost treasure. We were spotted and pursued by a squad of those blasted man-machines and were barely able to escape by hiding in a blast crater - what created a hole that big, I don't want to know. But we hid and we waited - and we decided that whatever treasure was in this dead land could stay right where it was. We would rather work in the foundries don't remember the name for the works at the base of Sharn than spend out time watching for some tin soldier to come across us."

"Anyway, there we were climbing out of the crater and Darath here sees something that makes him looks twice. Sure enough, where the rubble meets the road, there's a pair of legs sticking out. Toes straight up, like this, see? Nice boots, too; they'd seen some wear, but they were nice. I was thinking we could take the boots, but Darath wonders if there might be more, so I watched for the 'forged to come back while he dug."

"Scariest thing about the whole trip was when I looked back and saw the guy Darath uncovered. Looked like he was sleepin'. You and I both know the war hasn't been in the Mournland since the mists came up. That guy has to have been there, dead under the pile, for a very long time, but he looked like he could open his eyes anytime."

"That didn't bother Darath none, though. He had his eyes on the straps - see, the body had a backpack on. Nothing much in it, but there was a wrapped package, about so big, with a note, 'What will Jeeboo pay for this?' Inside was a rock, looked pretty normal, but it had these crystal growing out of it. They glowed from inside like they had tiny candles or something. We came back to Sharn last year, had this for a while, trying to find out who Jeeboo might be so we could find out what this pretty rock is worth, and here we are."

She takes a breath, "So I'm thinking dragonshard, like the ones we are seeking. Let's tear the story apart, look for weaknesses."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

bar mitzvah:

1. perhaps a mundane disguise would be better than hat of disguise? 2. can i see that knife? i have a divination to case on it that may or may not help.

disguise: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31 to look like a roughened human mercenary of some description with a scar as Gil described.


57/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

At the bar:
I was kind of waiting to find out what our situation is as far as privacy, but as soon as Gil feels like she can pass it to you without unnecessary attention, she delivers it to you. Do your thing.


At the bar:

Spoiler:
You can get the privacy you need. Nevharath can perform his divination on the knife but other than confirming it is pretty old and of hobgoblin manufacture, he doesn't get much.


Jan and Rod:

Spoiler:
"So if there isn't anything else?"


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

At the police station:

Spoiler:
"Guess not. See you around." Janosz gets up and collects his gear.

"Aw, don't be like that, Croke." Rodergo, still smiling, puts a hand on Janosz' shoulder. "Can we at least get you a coffee before we leave? Or maybe a doughnut? I'd hate to leave thinking we wasted your time."

Rod will kep the mind-reading going in order to try to catch a last whiff of Croke's thoughts. Some idea of what he'll do next would be most useful.


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

BARbarians:

I use Object Reading on it for 10 minutes. This should tell me the Race, Gender, Age, Alignment of the last owner and how they gained and lost it. I would also get the Race, Gender, Age, and Alignment of the previous owner before that. Note that it doesnt identify casual owners such as Gil or I.

Nevharath holds the item in his finely-gloved hands, and his gloves glow faintly while he holds the dagger with his eyes closed.


Jan and Rod:

Spoiler:
"Well, you're just going to have to hate yourself today, Father."

...need to get the boys together...

Janosz and Rodergo find themselves outside the gates of the Daggerwatch Garrison.

The others still haven't got anywhere yet, so you might as well rejoin them at the pub.

Nevharath:

Spoiler:
Nevharath picks up that the owner prior to Grannt was a human male, aged about sixty, and Lawful Neutral. He purchased the knife from an antiques dealer. He then sold it on to Grannt.

The dagger is random treasure, which I only put in when Janosz decided there had to be a safe in Grannt's office.

Janosz and Rodergo wander into the Alcohol Elemental as Nevharath finishes his divination on the knife. They look surprised that the rest of the party is still debating what to do.

End of spoilers.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Where is the f$#@ing goblin?" Janosz and Rod are both clearly worried. "You haven't grabbed him yet? Well, change of plans. It looks like Croke and some buddies intend to kill off the little greenskin. No, we don't know why. Normally I would approve, but the gobbo is our link to Ranticar, so put the motherf+~!ing daiquiris down and move out. We need to seize Jeeboo before they do."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

"It appears my divinations were a dead end. Grannt purchased the dagger just as one would any other, but he was still an owner and as such this should help the wizard track him."


HPs: 71/71, APs: 10/7 Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

"Damn it. Well now it hardly matters if we show our hand too early by going for Jeeboo directly. I could scry for him, but I only have a name. With no idea what he looks like it will be difficult and will take an hour even if it doesn't work. I'll tell you whose face I do know though. Croke. I could probably focus in on him and either find out where he is going or wait until he gets there and we all intercept. Still- he could be there and have done the deed in an hour."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"He's gathering up his boys. It'll take some time, but probably not hours and hours. I say go for it. While you do that, Gil and Rod, along with some muscle, fan out and look for our targets - both Jeeboo and Graal Mut. Ideally we'll find them first, stash them away safely and find out what the hell Croke is up to. Having said that, two outta three ain't bad either."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Maybe put the word out on the street,.....Jeebo better come to us for protection;......hmmm.
Why would Froggy wanna whack him?"

14,951 to 15,000 of 17,019 << first < prev | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.