Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


14,901 to 14,950 of 17,478 << first < prev | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Aha!"

.
.
.
.

"So, does anyone know how to open this?"


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

"Well done, Janosz. Shall I have a look at that lock?"

It doesn't appear that Janosz has Disable Device. If that's in error, consider this an aid if he wants to take a crack.

Perception checking for traps: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18 Ouch.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (11) + 19 = 30 additional +3 vs traps

Ninja'd.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Um, yes please. Mechanical s@&# like this makes me twitchy."

Janosz doesn't know anything about opening locks, so go right ahead.


Tried to updated last night, but the site was playing up.

Gil quickly opens the safe and finds a dagger made of purplish metal (byeshk) and a pouch with thirty platinum pieces.

OK, now what?


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)
Janosz Frogshanks wrote:

"He was a private investigator. There's no way he didn't hide away something somewhere..." As the otheres read through the files, Janosz pokes around the office, making sure not to make enough noise to summon the housekeeper.

Perception to find hidden compartments or something similar 13+22=35. Stealth to do so without attracting interest 11+26=37.

"Sounds like that goblin Jeeboo is the next stop. The City Watch should have something on him. Cultists of the Dragon Below, eh? This should be most interesting..."

We'll go see this Jeebo kid, or try to find him.

If he's still alive.

I think we should leave the knife and platinum alone; we're not thieves.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil-Matilda considers the cleric's opinion. "Well, we can tell Miss Gort that we found it in our searching. She can distribute it among the staff or keep it herself. It's just a waste to leave it hidden here. Fair enough?"

Yeah, let's go find Jeebo.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"I'll just......hey, look at this painting on the wall. It has a naked lady sitting on a zebra. I'll be looking at this painting for a while, and nothing else at all really."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

and for Rod that doesn't even seem like he is trying not to be a witness haha


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Eyebrow raised, Gil looks back at the dagger, casting a cantrip Detect Magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37

Appraise: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Keep the knife. It'll be great for cutting up dolgrims and their fellow travelers. Give the housekeeper the money."


Gil discovers the blade is enchanted. Using her skills at appraising both mundane and magical items, she concludes it is a Darguul knife design to fight aberrations, as Janosz surmised.

A byeshk +1 Aberration Bane dagger. It's probably quite old, which might give it additional value as a collection piece, but it is still perfectly servicable.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

"I doubt she will have much need for it."

Gil is inclined to follow Janosz' suggestion unless someone else is against it.

"Have we found what there is to find?"


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"F$%&in' A. The freakshow that follows the Dragon Below will piss their pants once this thing comes out of its sheath." Janosz face gets an earnest, intense cast. "In all seriousness, we need to take the blade. The Enemy in the Depths is the foe of all things sane and decent, and giving an artefact like this to someone who might just put it on a shelf to admire its history is quite simply criminal. It is a weapon, not a showpiece, and should be put to its proper use - killing dolgrims. Something tells me we'll have need of it, as the stink of the aberration clings to Ranticar."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Darn, she has nice boobies......"

Rod says to Janosz, and winks at him.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil-Matilda looks down at her chest for a moment before looking up and rolling her eyes as she tucks the dagger in under her jacket. She takes the bag of coins and says, "If we are done here, I will find Miss Gort and give this to her."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"The painting. There's two boobie birds, behind the zebra."


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

There were three days of selling and buying gear time in there so I'll add more spells to the book. If he starts at 7am he can still be out of the apartment by noon the first two days then take a lunch break and go out for dinner on the third. Take 10 for 31 on spellcraft every time.
Day 1
Unseen Servant 25 gp scroll, 2 hours. Writing Cost 10 gp
Resist Energy, 3 hours. Cost 40 gp
Day 2
Greater Invisibility, 5 hours. Cost 160 gp
Day 3
Blood Transcription, 3 hours cost 40 gp
Water Breathing, 5 hours, Cost 160 gp
Displacement, 4 hours, Cost 90 gp
Coin Remaining: 208.14


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred
Rodergo Xativa wrote:
"The painting. There's two boobie birds, behind the zebra."

She just shakes her head and rolls her eyes again. Holding off on the actual exit because I know some folks have been busy and might have other suggestions before we go.


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

"Beyond wages owed to household staff and other outstanding debts, all of his property is likely to revert to the state. Unless Grannt composed a will, without any family Sharn owns or is about to own everything left in his office. I don't feel any particular obligation to the nation of Breland or its city state, but if he left a rightful will then his wishes should be honored... monetarily."


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Back Post

It was good to be back in the civilized world. On his first night back Ezreal took a good long visit to a local bathhouse in Cassan's Bridge and soaked in a bath so hot it was barely tolerable. Eyes closed he emptied his mind and let the horrors of the Mournland flow out of him while forcing all of it out of his mind. All except Lightbringer's sacrifice. That he wouldn't be forgetting under any circumstance.

Ezreal had never been able to think of the apartment he and Janosz shared as anything more than a safehouse, but sitting at his dusty neglected desk with tomes and scrolls spread out around him, he found that it suddenly bothered him. Try as he might to focus on unraveling the mechanical script in the 'forged caster's spellbook his thoughts kept wandering places that he didn't want to dwell on. Ez grabbed his jacket and headed out for a stroll through the neighborhood.

While Cassan's Bridge was an ideal place to lay low, it surely spoke more to Janosz and his roots than it did to Ezreal. After some time wandering among the smell of unfamiliar street food, faces and architecture he found himself standing at a skycoach platform and feeling more alienated and alone than he had in a long time. True he had been traveling and working as an effective team with this motley crew, but did he trust them? A cleric of the Silver Flame? Hardly. The elf was fairly likely to get them all killed one day. Rolund and Cassandra? Maybe least of all. They were countrymen of a sort, but in truth Karrnath had many factions angling for power since the war's end. Whose pocket were they in? If he had been left behind in the Mournland would any of them come back for him? He sighed rubbing his temples and hailed a skycoach. Right now he needed some discrete companionship without worries or attachment to unwind. "Firelight" he said when the driver asked.

Back in Cassan's Bridge later that day he set an unseen servant to work scrubbing the place and tidying up. By the time Janosz made it home that night it was spotless, with some kind of flowering potted plant in the entry way and a new rug. Ezreal was at ease buried in tomes and scrolls spread out all across the desk with take away food on their rickety dining table. He nodded to the Marcher without doing more than glancing up, "Help yourself Janosz. More than enough there."


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Back in Grannt's Office

Ezreal lowers his voice, "I assume we are in agreement that Fougri possessed Grannt in order to find out what he knew about Ranticar and then killed him so that the trail might die with him. The girl who answered the door said that he passed a few days ago so the Quori is at least that far ahead of us."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Janosz and Ezreal make for an odd pair of flatmates. At this point, Janosz has probably stopped inviting Ez along for 'bracing' morning runs, wrestling practice or for endless sessions of dominoes and sticky-sweet tea at the local taverns. But he's still going on about the healing properties of certain plants or weird animal habits.

"Yeah, pretty much. I also don't believe for a second that he stopped working on the case. He might have more files hidden somewhere else. But where? Bank vault? Off-site warehouse?"

"Also, we need to do a bit of cross-referencing. Is the goblin Jeeboo mentioned anywhere else in his files? Does he have any associates?"


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Yeah right? Good pick for a neighborhood btw. Gatekeeper shrine nearby, magic shop district one neighborhood over. I thought the odd pairing deserved a little glimpse even if just tangential in my flashback there.

Also- I agree that you should take the dagger but it doesn't seem like a very LN attitude. Maybe if we do end up speaking with the dead he can tell us whether he had a will. Heh. Maybe an IOU in the secret compartment? I don't know.


OK, what's the plan?


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

One more trawl through the files looking for info on Jeeboo. Then, a trip to the police, again looking for info on said Jeeboo. Finally, while we're here, we should see if we can snag a token of some kind that belonged to Grannt - some hair, a pipe, that sort of thing. It could serve as a divination aid later, should we need it.

Does Sharn have anything like a property registry? I'd like to see if Grannt owned a place that he could store more files in. Even better, is there a way we could access his financial records? Maybe he's renting a place? Or maybe we could find some of his informants that way?

Still, the goblin has priority.


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

presumably he owned that knife


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Sounds good.


Yes, the knife will do. You can find no more references to Jeeboo. Knowledge (Local - Sharn) to determine whether you know about property records.

Th adventurers find a ledger with Grannt financial records, which is typically neat as is the rest of his filing. There is no evidence Grannt had a second place anywhere. However, by cross referencing back to other records, they find he has a contact in Tavick's Landing called Gral Muut - a goblinoid name - who has used a few times. From other data, he seems to be a clerk in the Blue Sun Shipping Company, which has links to House Orien.


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

blue sun?! just had a mass effect moment. then i remembered it is an eberron thing too


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

"So, Father Xativa... can you explain to me why we are following these leads? I must say I am somewhat embarrassed for not having asked until now."


Nevharath wrote:
blue sun?! just had a mass effect moment. then i remembered it is an eberron thing too

Me too. Stuck for a name and it popped into my mind.


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

well the blue suns are a collection of tribes of lizardfolk in qbarra (if you didnt already know)


I didn't - been a while since I payed attention to Qbarra.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

I'm not from Sharn and didn't invest in Knowledge (Local), anyway, so I can only attempt that check untrained.

Knowledge (Local, Sharn): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Aw, there's a cryin' shame.


Not the most effective use of a 20...

Gil remembers from somewhere that the council offices of the individual wards of Sharn maintain property ownership records.


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Kn Local 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20 (trained)
I have knowledge local Breland on the thought that we were sudividing by country. If Sharn is big enough to count as its own skill though I'll switch mine to Sharn because that was why I took Breland.


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

"I don't know a damned thing about Grannt, but as a bounty hunter turned inquisitive it seems perfectly believable to me that he dropped the case once he no longer had a client. So let's say that was true for a minute. Fourgri couldn't learn what Grannt didn't know, so he is left with the same trail of contacts we turned up here. He has a few days on us, but who knows how well a Quori knows or is able to navigate this city? If we move fast we might be able to find the next link in the chain leading to Ranticar before he severs it."


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

"if that is the case, we must move quickly. Quori are quite capable hunters, and the spirit will be able to call upon the resources of any inspired in the area, most likely."


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

"We need to seek the goblin first, then. We can come back for this other information if that leads to a dead end. Or a dead goblin."


OK, so whaddya gonna do?


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Ezreal takes Nevharath aside, "I can't speak to Rodergo's motivations in pursuing this any farther, but I can give you a different perspective. We have tangled with this particular Quori several times now in its quest to recover these khyber shards with a different outsider bound to each. One of those shards being your man Goshasanan. From what little I've studied about your home plane I understand that the entire thing is wiped clean and reshaped continuously throughout the eons. Your guy was something of a philosopher and scientist whose field of study was this cyclical apocalypse. So why would the Dreaming Dark take a special interest in him? I speculate that it is because they know their days are numbered. Perhaps they are looking to subvert the next cycle. My concern is that their plan involves planar invasion, escaping their own plane before the clock runs down. They have done it before in another age long lost. We know that period as the end of the Giant empire of Xen d'rik. Since that age and due to enormous sacrifice the gates do not open as they once did. They will need a lighter touch this time. Perhaps something similar to how your own people escaped Dal Quor before the last cycle ended? Similar, but on a mass scale. I cannot say how it connects, but Khorvaire has seen enough war for now. If Fourgri wants Goshasanan so badly I am certain it is in all of our interests to ensure that does not happen. Better yet- we need to annihilate Fourgri to make certain that he is finished. I expect that Fourgri is either the Quori counterpart to Goshasanan- their scholar working on preventing the next cycle, or he is the muscle for an entity who we have yet to encounter."

I can't remember how much we have learned about the Inspired along the way.
Aubrey if the skills for the headband I mentioned in the OOC are kosher then:
Kn Local Riedra AND/OR Planes: Take 10 for 32.
If Riedra was not an okay knowledge I have just the Planes to work with there.


HPs: 71/45, APs: 10/5 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

"Damn it. I need to devote more time to the art of divination. If we were near the crystal I might be able to seek it out, but that shard could be anywhere by now. People are more difficult to trace. I have never bothered to work it out and there is no time for that now. We do know one person who can do exactly that, Trose d'Tharashk; though I expect his services come with a hefty price since his family began grooming him for his future."

"Jeebo is the clear lead- goblin fence in Tavick's Landing. Gil- I think you will be taking point on this. Once we find the fence, he had multiple shards to distribute. How we are going to narrow it down to the one holding Goshasanan I have no idea. We will have to cross that bridge when we come to it."

"Tavick's Landing then." The mage heads for the street with determination.

Aubrey- reminder that I've been running detect scrying every day since the first morning we woke in Sharn.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Sounds good to me.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"I guess, if we get ahold of those shards, I could commune; and eliminate the ones that don't hold Goshasanan that way, by "yes or no...."
I can't commune to find the crystal though......"


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)
Nevharath wrote:
"So, Father Xativa... can you explain to me why we are following these leads? I must say I am somewhat embarrassed for not having asked until now."

"I think Ez summed it up.

I've seen too much death, to allow such dangerous things as this to continue."


Ezreal Farlowe wrote:

I can't remember how much we have learned about the Inspired along the way.

Aubrey if the skills for the headband I mentioned in the OOC are kosher then:
Kn Local Riedra AND/OR Planes: Take 10 for 32.
If Riedra was not an okay knowledge I have just the Planes to work with there.

See my comment in the discussion thread, but Planes will cover what you said above.


Ezreal Farlowe wrote:

I can't remember how much we have learned about the Inspired along the way.

Aubrey if the skills for the headband I mentioned in the OOC are kosher then:
Kn Local Riedra AND/OR Planes: Take 10 for 32.
If Riedra was not an okay knowledge I have just the Planes to work with there.

See my comment in the discussion thread. However, Planes will cover the above knowledge.


The party head towards Tavick's Landing.

OK, going through Grannt's files will have taken several hours so it is now the early afternoon. How are you going about finding Jeeboo?


Male Kalashtar Psychic Warrior 6 / War Mind 5

"It is good to have you as companions then."

14,901 to 14,950 of 17,478 << first < prev | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.