Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


14,651 to 14,700 of 17,382 << first < prev | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | next > last >>

Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

I guess we're teleporting away once Ezreal has memorised new spells? However, we probably want to keep an extremely low profile in Sharn if we're hunting Falen Grannt or the Ranticar fellow. So do we teleport there, or somewhere else? If so, where?

Also, did Ikar have any neat gear?


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

When Gil comes to, it's with a start as she continues her casting for a moment. "Did you find whoever was controlling the worm?" She lays back for a moment. "I can look..."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Nothing so far. Maybe it's, y'know, the land itself. It is rather hostile to living things..."


OK, so waiting for Ez to scribe his teleport spell?


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Yeah, pretty much.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Sounds good.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Ezreal remains frozen, staring off into space for some time after the worm falls. While Rodergo tends to the lingering poison he watches the barren landscape for any sign of life or movement.

"I think that is enough walking for today. Before I was interrupted I was finalizing work on a formula that will put us well beyond any of the Lord of Blades prying eyes or anyone else living in the wasteland for that matter. I want to be clear though... someone or something was in command of that worm. It will take me a little time before I am ready to transport us and we cannot rule out the possibility that this attack was a distraction enabling someone or something to slip inside our tent unseen. We will have to search it and guard the entrance before moving on."

I rolled awful on that perception check, but I did put a few ranks in it now. See Invisible is still running so Ezreal will spend a little more time looking for whoever might have been controlling that worm.
Take 10 for 13 over a period of time or take 20 for 23 if that is appropriate.

Spells you get at leveling are considered part of ongoing research. Won't need to scribe it or pay for that one, but it will take some time to prep the slots. 1 hour of study would fill every slot, but I only have three empty. 15 minutes is the minimum to prep slots. So probably something between 15-30 minutes.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Bor hefts his axe. "Good idea," he says, If they're in there, I should be able to smell them." Bor heads toward the tent's entrance.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil will cast Invisibility on herself in the tent and proceed with the See Invisibility spell that her collapse interrupted so she can aid Ezreal in his search. Has my Fly spell worn off? If not, she will do this from 30' up after the invisibility spell takes effect.

Perception 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20


Nobody can see anythng or anyone lurking invisibly: it'll have to be a mystery for now - and maybe forever.

Cast that spell, baby!


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Once all the preparations have been made, Ezreal calls everyone out of the tent, directs them to make ring and hold hands, and begins the spell.

If we are within 1,100 miles then the library of Morgrave University is a place Ezreal should be very familiar with. 98-100 = problem.
1d100 ⇒ 55

If I have spaced out and forgotten that we had plans to go somewhere else, remind me and redirect us there.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Someone is folding the tent and carrying it, I presume.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

I will!


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

Nobody can see anythng or anyone lurking invisibly: it'll have to be a mystery for now - and maybe forever.

Cast that spell, baby!

but can i SMMMMMEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLL anyone lurking? :D


"Ikar," Rolund commands his Karrnathi skeleton. "Do not forget or exceed your orders. Follow and/or aid the Purified warforged. We will return."


Ikar looks on in dumb insolence as Ezreal prepares his incantation. With a sudden stomach-dropping lurch, the group find themselves in the marble-clad main lobby of the Morgrave University Library. A few students gawp in surprise as a group of weather-beaten, unwashed and heavily-armed adventurers - including a minotaur - abruptly appear out of nowhere in their midst. An elderly librarian rushes over, hands waving.

"You can't just burst in here out of nowhere! Most irregular! Out, I say! Out!"

OK, you are back in Sharn and your sojourn to the Mournland is at an end. What do you have in mind now?


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

After regaining his legs, Janosz' face splits into a huge grin. "Ah, that magic. Very nice. After we drop our stuff off and take a bath, I guess we should visit the kalashtar and bring them up to speed?"

Time to report to Havakhad and his boys (and maybe introduce the new PC). Also, did Ikar have anything on him?


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Rod's going to a bar first off.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Bor will do the same. Probably a rough one.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

With half orc waitresses if possible.


You want to take away Ikar's gear so he can't defend himself or LB?


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Fair point. I don't know much about Karrn undead or their abilities.

"So, Bor, do you know of any bad bars? Like, really terrible ones?"


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil moves to intercept the librarian, careful not to actually touch her and accidentally share the grime of their travels.

Diplomacy 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20 Seriously? Wow.

"Our sincere apologies, ma'am. We did not intend to create a disturbance at your marvelous institution. As it happens, we were in a bit of a pinch and our transport went slightly awry. Thankfully, we landed in a familiar and safe locale. Once again, our apologies and we will be on our way."

Gil shakes her head when she listens to the others and realizes the turn of the conversation, not sure of how serious they are. "Farlowe, what are your plans?"


Clearly being covered in worm gore impacts on the message.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Does Bor know of any such bars? perhaps a super shady one where the guys too bad to join up with Deneith go? or maybe where the Drow hang out? hahahaha


Bor of Xendrik wrote:
Does Bor know of any such bars? perhaps a super shady one where the guys too bad to join up with Deneith go? or maybe where the Drow hang out? hahahaha

There's always the Spear of Dhakaan...


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Heh heh......and we've come full circle.....


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3
Runzyl Steelsong wrote:
Bor of Xendrik wrote:
Does Bor know of any such bars? perhaps a super shady one where the guys too bad to join up with Deneith go? or maybe where the Drow hang out? hahahaha
There's always the Spear of Dhakaan...

Perfect!!


Gil wrote:
Gil shakes her head when she listens to the others and realizes the turn of the conversation, not sure of how serious they are. "Farlowe, what are your plans?"

"We have reports due to our superiors." Rolund interrupts as he starts his trip to the Karrnath embassy.

Without turning back, "I trust you can keep your mouth shut this time, Purified."


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"Let's go, my fine taurocephalic friend; I can't get a whiskey out of a jar fast enough...."


As the rest of the party begins to disperse, Runzyl takes a moment to get his bearings after his first inter-dimensional travel. Once he realizes where he is, he nods to the others as they depart. "Come find me in the Bazaar when you are ready. I have some loose ends to tie up..."


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil moves to catch up. "Perhaps we should clean up first."


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Yeah. Though it doesn't bother me much, the undead worm juice is probably a bit of a turn-off for most Sharn-dwellers. Which is why I intend to hit a goblin bar." Janosz grins. "But you're right. We have gear to stow, clothes to boil, that sorta thing. Why don't we go home, take care of business and then meet up at some place that offers food and drink. I'm not cooking tonight."

Once he's somewhat presentable, Janosz intends to celebrate until he can't stay upright anymore. We can visit the kalashtar tomorrow. However, we might still be the targets of the Dassk, so we might want to keep armed and stay together as much as possible for a while.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

"The more the merrier!
Should we escort our.....Karrnathi types to go rendevous with their handlers?"


OK, first off, remind me where everyone lives. If you don't have a permanent abode, you'll probably have to hire rooms at an inn (as ever, don't worry about the incidental costs) to "freshen up". Second, what are you doing: Rod, Janosz and Bor seem to be going on a bender (not an unreasonable thing to do after coming back from the Mournland); Ez, Gil and Roly are presumably off to check in at the Karrnathi embassy; and Runzyl seems to be off the the Bazaar to see his erstwhile Valenar chums. Thirdly, we probably need to have the emotional scene where Bor heads off into the great blue yonder, his work here being done. Fourthly, there's the whole finding Grannt/talking to the kalashtar thing. Fifthly, we need to introduce Tenro's new character, probably as part of 4. Sixthly, you need to flog any loot and re-equip as necessary. So a bit of a packed agenda.


Ez, Rolund, Gil:

Spoiler:
When the three Karrnathi agents arrive at the embassy, they find a note waiting for them, sealed with the sigil of House Sivis:

To: Sir Rolund ir'Kraal

From: Avaro Cardamos, Quaria Auction House

Dear Sir Rolund

We have completed the sale of the Seren totem as instructed. The sale price far exceeded our initial estimates and I am pleased to inform you that, after commission and expenses, we have deposited forty thousand platinum crowns in our customer account at Kundarak Bank. If you would like to meet me at our premises we can privide you with the relevant documentation so you can access these funds.

I hope we can be of further service in the future.

Yours sincerely

Avaro Cardamos


Runzyl did live at the Bazaar with Caerlyn's Blade. After the recent falling out with Caerlyn (y'know, betrayal and all that) and the death of Jalana, however, Runzyl isn't sure whether the mercenary company is still together or not... so he intends to find out. Some of the mercenaries may be willing to provide Runzyl with lodging if they've parted ways with Caerlyn. Otherwise, he'll get himself a room at an inn for the night. I also figure this would be a good place and time to pick up the zaelshin tu.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Janosz and Ezreal share an apartment in Cassan's Bridge. We've paid rent for a few months ahead, so if it is occupied by others, blood will flow.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil hasn't established a permanent abode, basically floating from assignment to assignment. Most recently, I believe she would have been staying in lodging unofficially provided by the embassy, but I'm not sure the subject ever really came up.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Rod pitches a tent, wherever.
As far as living,......hotels.....


Karrnathi Group

Spoiler:
Rolund grunts in annoyance upon reading the letter. Great, more trouble.

"Who the hell has forty thousand platinum crowns to waste on the totem?" he asks out loud as he shows Farlowe and the changeling the letter.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

TEam Karrnath:
Taking a break from packing - you'd think we were taking an army! ;-)

The changeling's skin takes on a metallic sheen and she says, "Perhaps the question is not who, but what. I'm sure they felt it was quite a find. If it went that high at auction, probably more than one thought it was worth nearly that much. Wait - did you say 40 thousand?" She leans in to look for herself as her skin tone returns to normal.


Rod, Janosz, Bor:

Spoiler:
The beat is thumping in the club where Bor, Janosz and Rodergo wind up that evening. It's dark, sweaty and smoky, and the quartet of "drow" drummers - actually ordinary elves in makeup - hammer away relentlessly. Janosz is throwing some shapes on the dance floor - apparently the "world famous" eel dance of the Shadow Marches, though it's resemblence to a drunk guy trying to retain his feet is probably not coincidental. Bor randomly bellows to the music, his massive frame draped over an entire booth as the bouncers eye him nervously, so that it sounds like a herd of cattle are being slaughtered to pounding jungle rhythms. Rod has, as usual, assembled a coterie of female admirers keen to feel the holiness of the Father Xativa.

Diplomacy check - Rod should make the check, but the others can assist is they feel the need.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Rod/Jan/Bor:

Spoiler:
Good evening, ladies! It's been a long time since.....I've seen the finer side of life......etc..."

diplomacy
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (10) + 16 = 26


Runzyl:

Spoiler:
Runzyl returns to the Bazaar and the place where he lived with Caerlyn's Blade. When he arrives, he finds they have deserted the place. A couple of workmen are hammering boards across the doors and windows.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Rod/Jan/Bor:

Spoiler:
Diplomacy 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)
Bor of Xendrik wrote:

Rod/Jan/Bor:

** spoiler omitted **

Rod/Jan/Bor

Spoiler:
"Heh heh,.....mess with the bull, you get the horns....." I love it!!!


Rod, Bor, Janosz:

Spoiler:
At some point during the night, shouted over the music:

Girl 1: "But Father, I've been having these bad dreams. Like there's something huge and dark, and it's out to get me. But I can't see it, it's always just at the corner of my eye and when i turn to look, it's gone. And I wake up all hot and sweaty..." <heaves bosom for effect>

Girl 2: "Hey, that's strange! I've been having the same dream! Like there's something scary out to get me, but I can never see what it is. And I've been waking up all hot too..." <licks slightly parted lips>

Guy 1: "Yeah, I've had something like that too, most nights. Some people think it's since those guys from Sarlona built that thing across the river. What do you think, Father?" <gazes out of limpid dark eyes>


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Rod/Bor/Janosz:

Spoiler:
Thing? What's this thing,......we'll have to all three go for a walk so you can show me.......that thing.....


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Rod/Bor/Janosz:

Spoiler:
Janosz' only social skill is Intimidate, and his untrained Diplomacy check scored embarrassingly low...

Janosz has reached that uncomfortable stage where he is so drunk he has trouble staying upright, yet retains enough consciousness to realise that any pretty girls close by are only there because they haven't managed to escape yet. His bubble burst, he heads for the others to say goodnight. "Guys, I th... Uh... I'm gonna get myself a frog kebab and then call it a night. Tomorrow, we... Well, something. Or not. G'night!"

What was that about Sarlona? Gotta ask Ezreal about that when I get home. He staggers out into the cool night air and heads for Cassan's Bridge.

14,651 to 14,700 of 17,382 << first < prev | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | 298 | 299 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.