Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Aubrey's Eberron campaign.

Game Master Aubrey the Malformed


14,551 to 14,600 of 17,386 << first < prev | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | next > last >>

Init: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

you think you're pretty cool, huh? ;)


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Still wating for Ez and Bor.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 6


The segmented bulk of the worm begins pushing itself from the ground. More loops break through the surface several yards away. Its eyeless head is as big as a barrel, blunt-tipped and with four triangular lips opening to show teeth like shovel-heads running in rows down its gullet. Its hide is a dirty grey patched with mauve and dotted with short black bristles, and seems to be coming away in chunks. It rears up, weaving about blindly for a moment before it seems to get a fix on the prey below.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Init 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Init:
Rolund 20
Rodergo 19
Janosz 17
Runzyl 16
Ezreal 16
Gil 8
Bor 6


Worm initiative: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (17) - 2 = 15

Init:
Rolund 20
Rodergo 19
Janosz 17
Runzyl 16
Ezreal 16
Worm 17
Gil 8
Bor 6

I'll get a map up tonight, hopefully.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

"Aw, for f!%+'s sake. Why is it always some bad-tempered freak of nature that's out to get us? Why can't it be, y'know, Snuffles, Bringer of Raspberries, Cream and Reasonable-quality Booze? But nooooooooo." Janosz is working himself into a lather. "F*$@ YOU, YOU G+*!*~NED MAGGOT! GIMME SOME STRAWBERRIES OR I'LL KILL YOU!!!"

This wouldn't happen to be an Aberration or a Magical Beast? Know (nature) 10+14=24.


Try a Knowledge (Religion) instead someone (though that by itself probably tells you what sort of creature this is). Though it looks like a purple worm with complection issues. One of these days, one of these days, you'll get to fight an aberration or magical beast.

Clearly the Mournland is getting to Janosz.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Kn Religion 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
This should be delayed I guess. Ezreal is probably still inside the tent.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

So, this is probably a nightcrawler. Good thing I have a couple of silver arrows left.


Ez:

Spoiler:
Actually, it looks like a purple worm that's been left out in the sun a bit - an undead purple worm. Which is probably a better result than a nightcrawler, all told.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Man with so man Karrns in the group it would be sweet if we could harness that thing and ride it all the way to Breland.
If it is mindless I just penned a scroll of command undead which grants no save. (Has a terrible DC save if it has a mind).
Requests/Commands are Charisma based though. Maybe Gil should cast it.


Well, you could give it a go it you want...


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

I can just see Gil saying 'Stand back guys! Don't attack!' and as she unfurls the scroll she gets swallowed. lol.
It does grant SR and the caster level check will be piss poor.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

I will be at work for awhile, dont want to hold things up. Here is Bor's turn for when his initiative is up.

Spoiler:

Bor looks out the doorway to the tent. According to the two following conditions, his actions are as follows:

A. He sees the enemy.
B. He is capable of charging to it.


A+B
Spoiler:

He charges, horns forward, drawing his ancestral greataxe as he moves.
1d20 + 17 ⇒ (2) + 17 = 19 to hit
4d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 3, 5, 6) + 9 = 24 damage

A only

Spoiler:

He moves forward, drawing his ancestral greataxe as he moves.

Neither A or B

Spoiler:

He draws his ancestral greataxe while moving out of the tent and takes a look around, scanning for whatever made that awful racket and these damnable vibrations.
1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 18 Perception


I wouldn't worry about it - you're down the initiative and these things take time. And we are used to waiting as we are spread across continents. I expect you will have time to take considered action when the moment comes. ;-)

Map.

Please place yourselves - Gil, Runzyl and Janosz are obviously outside, the rest of you can be outside or in the tent. If in the tent, assume that the tent is your square of origin and you can move from there. The others should place themselves somewhere sensible, based on the previous posts. Sad to say, the worm is more or less next to Janosz. The light grey is the road, the dark grey is the bridge (or remains thereof), the blue is the river (though it's actually a dirty sludge colour), the brown marks the position of trees.

Rolund.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

Bor will be in S/T 12/13.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

How about T15 for me?


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Inside the tent Ezreal stops to listen for a second and asks, "Did I just hear Frogshanks yelling at someone to bring him strawberries?"


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Gil is beside Janosz, so T14.


“What have you gotten us into now, Shadow Marcher?!” yells Rolund at the sight of the worm. Taking a moment to assess his opponent, the Bone Knight utters a quick prayer and draws his sword.

Rolund at P13.
Free Action: Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11.
Standard Action: cast bull’s strength on self.
Move Action: draw sword.

Forgot about Ikar. Unless he has different scores, Init should be: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12.
Ikar at O13.
Ikar does not have any weapons or armor.

Rodergo


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Move out to O12.

Know: religion 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Cast searing light
1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

damage
8d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 5, 3, 5, 5, 4) = 33 if just undead

or
8d8 ⇒ (7, 2, 3, 3, 1, 5, 7, 5) = 33 if undead and really vulnerable to light;

or
4d8 ⇒ (5, 5, 4, 3) = 17 if it's alive.


I'll take R16 because Runzyl is crazy.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

i want to cleave this worm in twain


Bor of Xendrik wrote:
i want to cleave this worm in twain

LOL. You'll get your chance.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Sorry about the delay - I though someone else was ahead of me.

Janosz steps away from the worm while casting a spell.

Move to U13 before casting Gravity bow.

Runzyl!


"Bor! Rolund! Flanks!"

The Valenar streaks into action, deftly maneuvering around the side of the beast. As he does so, he rakes the frozen edge of Falla Caesenri across the monster's hide.

Spring Attack. Move to T20 before the attack. 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28 to hit, dealing 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 slashing and 1d6 ⇒ 1 cold damage. Moving to S23 after the attack.


Init:
Rolund 20
Rodergo 19
Janosz 17
Runzyl 16
Ezreal 16
Worm 17
Ikar 12
Gil 8
Bor 6

Rodergo calls on the Flame. Even in this benighted place it burns bright and hot. He can hardly miss the enormous creature, and scores a charred line across its underside.

Rod:

Spoiler:
This thing is definitely undead.

Runzyl duck in close and deftly scores a bloodless gash in the the quivering tower of flesh.

Ezreal.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

Ezreal grabs his scrollcase off the desk and follows Xativa out of the tent in time to see the dead worm towering over the field, flailing with Runzyl dancing around it. Frowning, he pulls on the drawstring and begins reciting the scroll he had only scribed yesterday in an attempt to dominate the worm.

R13
Command Undead CL check if SR is an issue 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
No save if mindless, if intelligent: Will DC 13


Ezreal:

Spoiler:
Ezreal casts his spell. He can feel that the worm's mind is a void, a blank slate upon which he should be able to imprint his desires without any effort. But something else is there, some other controlling agency, and it pushes aside his attempt to control the worm.

The worm shudders at the attacks. It hulks forwards and then twists about to try to swallow down the tiny elf (Runzyl gets an AoO). Its spined tail snakes out almost as an afterthought, aimed at Gil.

Bite on Runzyl: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (2) + 25 = 27 to hit, damage 4d8 + 12 ⇒ (5, 4, 3, 5) + 12 = 29. On a successful hit, the creature initiates a grapple, CMB attack 1d20 + 36 ⇒ (16) + 36 = 52

Sting on Gil: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (13) + 25 = 38 to hit, damage 2d8 + 12 ⇒ (6, 4) + 12 = 22 plus poison. The poison save is DC 25, frequency 1/round for six rounds, a cure requires three consecutive saves. It does 1d4 ⇒ 3 STR damage.

Ikar.

Map updated.


Ow. AoO: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22 to hit, dealing 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 slashing and 1d6 ⇒ 4 cold damage. 52 definitely beats my CMD.


HPs: 71/65, APs: 10/6 Effects: See Invisible, Magic Circle Against Evil, False Life, Mage Armor Karnnathi Wizard (Universalist) 11

"IT IS BEING CONTROLLED! EYES OPEN!"


As the maw descends over him Runzyl reflexively sweeps his weapon but is hampered by the rolls of dead worm flesh smothering him.

Next round for the swallow attempt. I can't remember - someone got swallowed by something before, but was it this game or the Runelords?


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5

Can't remember facing an eat-you-whole monster in either of your campaigns. I guess the thing in the lake by Turtleback Ferry could have done so.

Altai did swallow a golem whole in Heathy's campaign once, though.


Male Human Ranger 6/Eldeen ranger (Gatekeeper) 5
Ezreal Farlowe wrote:
"IT IS BEING CONTROLLED! EYES OPEN!"

"Ah, and not by you, right? Does the spellcaster need line of sight to the beast?" Janosz casts a quick glance down off the broken bridge.

Perception to see if anyone's down there 12+22=34.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:

As the maw descends over him Runzyl reflexively sweeps his weapon but is hampered by the rolls of dead worm flesh smothering him.

Next round for the swallow attempt. I can't remember - someone got swallowed by something before, but was it this game or the Runelords?

I think Stiggy got swallowed by a T rex once.

Good times.......

maybe Gittik got ate by something?.....


Yeah, might be Stiggy.

Janosz:

Spoiler:
You don't see anyone.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred
Aubrey the Demented/Malformed wrote:


Sting on Gil: 1d20+25 to hit, damage 2d8+12 plus poison. The poison save is DC 25, frequency 1/round for six rounds, a cure requires three consecutive saves. It does 1d4 STR damage.

Map updated.

Fort save vs. Poison 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 At least I need not debate whether to use an action point.


Unable to hide his delight, Ikar’s airy whisper cuts through the air. “Trouble, Master?”

Rolund grits his teeth in anger for a moment before responding. “Attend to their defense,” he commands with a nod to his head indicating Farlowe and the changeling.

Ikar moves to the spellcasters’ defenses.

Move action: Ikar moves to S14.
Standard action: Aid another to AC (Farlowe).
Aid another (DC 10): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22.

Gil


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

What is the status of the Golem Suit, just to know if it is an option?

Gil moves back to U12, trying to use the minotaur as a shield from the creature's tail. Flavor, I know it won't help if it AoO against her.

She casts Haste, affecting Rolund, Ikar, Ezreal, Bor, Janosz, and herself. Can't reach Runzyl or Rodergo, sorry.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

With a roar, Bor moves forward, drawing his ancestral greataxe as he charges.

Full Round: Charge
Free as part of charge: Draw Ancestral Greataxe
Move as part of charge: 15ft south/down
Attack as part of Charge: Vital Strike (+1 haste, +2 charge, -3 to hit Power Attack)
Damage: 3d6+10 (standard) + 3d6 (vital strike) + 9 (Power Attack)

To Hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
Damage: 6d6 + 19 ⇒ (6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1) + 19 = 40


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

Whoa. What a greeting from the anthropomorphic bovine! Welcome aboard! Does Powerful Charge apply to the weapon damage, or only gore attacks?


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

i think it's gore only, but i am not sure. the entry says "when it makes a charge" but then it doesn't quantify how much of the damage in the entry is "extra". and when powerful charge shows up in entries it just gives specific to hit and damage values. so unless someone knows otherwise, it'd be a DM call.


m ROD! CLERIC 6 EXORCIST SLVR FLAME 5exp =116,385(cast as a 9th level cleric)

Yeah; it says gore in the description, so that's horns.


68/70 hp; Effects: None; 120915 xp after Manfred

I was looking at your character sheet and, upon review, see that I was totally reading it wrong. Nothing to see here, carry on. Carry on. Just trying to help you get the craziest damage possible for your first attack, you know.


RETIRED Male Minotaur Fighter 3

the haste definitely helps. The +1 makes me feel safer using a power attack. Also the bonus movement is nice too since Bor isn't all that fleet of hoof. I actually contemplated getting him horseshoes of the zephyr but you have to wear all 4 :(


“Awake, Tarrnish! Awake and serve me once more!” Rolund yells as darkness consumes his blade’s gray-silver metal and sheds a harsh black light.

Standard action: activate death’s bond ability. Change +1 flametouched iron longsword to +1 bane (undead) keen flametouched iron longsword.
Move action: none.

Rodergo

14,551 to 14,600 of 17,386 << first < prev | 287 | 288 | 289 | 290 | 291 | 292 | 293 | 294 | 295 | 296 | 297 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aubrey's Eberron campaign. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.